• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Most of these links only really support my stance.
They're almost all vague to the point of uselessness and several of them are things that were widely speculated already or were framed in such a way that they certainly weren't clear statements of "I have information" until afterwards.

To be clear I don't think you're doing anything malignant here and I don't mean this as an attack on you. Your reasoning for not wanting to be any more clear or forthright is fair, and I'm not faulting you for giving any information you have to a degree you're comfortable with. What I am questioning is why there seems to be such an agreement to pay close attention to the information you're giving and shape speculation around it when you do also have a fair track record of incorrect claims and when you do get things right it it's always vague or unprovable to the point of not contributing anything to the speculation in the moment (ie the Banjo "prediction", saying "two indies were shot down").

People can look to whatever sources they want when speculating, I'm just genuinely confused why this thread is so quick to constantly smack down various leaks and rumors as dis-credible or too vague yet I constantly see speculation calling back to your statements which don't really have a spotless track record and tend to be open-ended enough to leave a ton of possible interpretations.
Simply put, I have history. I've been here since 2006 and was a moderator twice on this site. I've been connected with various insiders on and off since November 2018 and a lot of people can back that up. I'm also pretty open about my IRL identity so, if I was a fraud, it would be extremely easy to expose me and make my life hell over it. That said, I've been a fairly active community member here since some of these guys were still in diapers and I try to be as transparent as possible when I talk about this stuff.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, these past three months have been torture for me. Well, not literally, but can't Nintendo at least tell us what is going on behind the scenes and why there has been a delay? I really want to see the next fighter in FP2, and see if it is Geno.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I guess we're now looking at Byleth 2: Electric Boogaloo where 6 will potentially be shadowdropped in April. If the Amiibo rerelease is the 17th, I guess that means 6 will be announced the week of the 6th or 13th and probably released the week of the 20th or 27th depending on the former. I dunno... World's on fire and I just want to clap my thighs in joy over new video games and have a half hour where my dopamine isn't in the ****ter; is that too much to ask?

MattX20

Smash Hero
I guess we're now looking at Byleth 2: Electric Boogaloo where 6 will potentially be shadowdropped in April. If the Amiibo rerelease is the 17th, I guess that means 6 will be announced the week of the 6th or 13th and probably released the week of the 20th or 27th depending on the former. I dunno... World's on fire and I just want to clap my thighs in joy over new video games and have a half hour where my dopamine isn't in the ****ter; is that too much to ask?
It's possible that it could drop on the first two days of April also. At this point, no date is too difficult to believe.

T2by4

Smash Lord
>They announce Geno
>It's just a trailer on youtube and you get no funne sakurai commentary
>COVID-19 goes away
>every other character gets the full red carpet treatment with sakurai commentary

If we were to ever get our guy in, it'd probably end up being like that.
1585023046802.jpg

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
>They announce Geno
>COVID-19 goes away
>every other character gets the full red carpet treatment with sakurai commentary

View attachment 267022
Eh, Geno playable is enough. If im honest those livestreams are mostly unnecessary, the only one that felt needed was Joker (because we didn't saw ANYTHING about him gameplay-wise), and even showcasing him in the February Direct with his 2nd trailer and short gameplay explanation in my opinion would have been the better option.

Besides, i don't think Geno would come with any exageratted gimmick that needs explanation, so he could just be shown and everybody would understand him mechanic-wise (like Ridley and K.Rool)

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
>They announce Geno
>COVID-19 goes away

View attachment 267022
OH NO! NOT THE LACK OF NEW SAKURAI MEMES! AND EXPLAINING WHO GENO IS TO THE AUDIENCE WHO NEVER PLAYED SMRPG!

Delay everything. I can't have it if it's not the full Sakurai package.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Beggers cannot be choosers as they say.

Geno doesn't need memes or dumb zoomer appeal. He just needs to happen regardless of what some ignorant Sony Ponies think.

We can make our own Geno highlights when he is playable c;

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I tend to look forward to the Sakurai presentations whenever there's a new character, I find them pretty enjoyable even if I already know about them (watching the Banjo & Kazooie one was a delight) so I'd be a bit bummed if they didn't continue for a few characters. But of course, being the current circumstances, I perfectly understand if they're not possible.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Seems that despite NOTHING being announced today and people probably pissed off at Jeff, he’s still standing by a Direct happening tomorrow. Whether he’s crazy or not, I still respect him for sticking by his claim until the end instead of brushing it off. Not getting my hopes up, but whatever happens, happens.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Seems that despite NOTHING being announced today and people probably pissed off at Jeff, he’s still standing by a Direct happening tomorrow. Whether he’s crazy or not, I still respect him for sticking by his claim until the end instead of brushing it off. Not getting my hopes up, but whatever happens, happens.
Man, he seems desperate, if you ask me.

QQS

Smash Lord
Can you believe what are we going to feel when we see the Geno splash screen joining the battle + his music and gameplay; followed by Sakurai telling the world how Geno was in plans since decades ago and how he ended up being playable, and also MarioRPG story and the bridge built in that era between Square & Nintendo to show the first RPG Mario Game to the world. Like all the story he always tells like he did for example with Banjo, Terry or Byleth.

After 24 years, Gene is becoming playable again!

Geno blasts in!

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Eh, Geno playable is enough. If im honest those livestreams are mostly unnecessary, the only one that felt needed was Joker (because we didn't saw ANYTHING about him gameplay-wise), and even showcasing him in the February Direct with his 2nd trailer and short gameplay explanation in my opinion would have been the better option.

Besides, i don't think Geno would come with any exageratted gimmick that needs explanation, so he could just be shown and everybody would understand him mechanic-wise (like Ridley and K.Rool)
I think Geno would come with a timed-hits gimmick, which would make sense to explain. Though, us Geno fans know he would likely have timed hits, so it probably wouldn't take long for us to discover it on our own.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
"Nintendo had planned the 26th for a long time, it would piss developers off to change it last minute"

LMAOOOOOOOOO. This dude is serious? What's he expecting then? Nintendo to start a stream with no prior announcement?

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
He went on to say

I respect him for sticking to his guns, but I really don't see it happening

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
People here laughing at and calling Jeff Grubb desperate while they themselves have been nothing but the epitome of those terms since shortly after Terry's breakdown in November fill me with delectable yet insufferable irony.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
ROLF.

Look Jeff, just take the L. If he just moved on instead of insisting about tomorrow. But gotta cling on that 15 minutes of fame.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He went on to say

I respect him for sticking to his guns, but I really don't see it happening
I did say that was being desperate. I will admit, he has guts, but he is seemingly one of those guys who doesn't know when to quit.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
People here laughing at and calling Jeff Grubb desperate while they themselves have been nothing but the epitome of those terms since shortly after Terry's breakdown in November fill me with delectable yet insufferable irony.
I'll admit. If i was at a film festival, i could play movies like no other because im kickass at projecting.

I did say that was being desperate. I will admit, he has guts, but he is seemingly one of those guys who doesn't know when to quit.
Jeff: "I don't fear you!"
Nintendo and the thirsty Direct seekers (and me):

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I think Geno would come with a timed-hits gimmick, which would make sense to explain. Though, us Geno fans know he would likely have timed hits, so it probably wouldn't take long for us to discover it on our own.
I hear talk about timed hit as his gimmick, but what would that entail? Hitting the A or B button during certain frames to get stronger attacks? Only certain moves getting buffs? Alternate versions of the move ala Ryu and Ken?

T2by4

Smash Lord
Nintendo and Direct seekers: Don't try it!

Tomorrow, we officially see Jeff get his limbs cut off by Nintendo and the Direct seekers. LOL
I tweeted him a gif that he's currently anakin saying that. Tomorrow I'll tweet Obi-Wan cutting him down if he's wrong.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I tweeted him a gif that he's currently anakin saying that. Tomorrow I'll tweet Obi-Wan cutting him down if he's wrong.
Oooooh, this oughta be good! I can't wait to see what happens!

With that, I guess you could say he was the chosen one. It was said he would destroy the fake leakers, not join them. Bring hope for the Direct, not leave it in darkness.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like this might be getting a bit excessive. Someone's wrong about the date of a Nintendo Direct - it happens all of the time, and it's no reason to obsessively mock whatever that person says on the subject.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I feel like this might be getting a bit excessive. Someone's wrong about the date of a Nintendo Direct - it happens all of the time, and it's no reason to obsessively mock whatever that person says on the subject.
Dude, it may have been excessive, but for me, I was mostly just kidding around.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Oooooh, this oughta be good! I can't wait to see what happens!

With that, I guess you could say he was the chosen one. It was said he would destroy the fake leakers, not join them. Bring hope for the Direct, not leave it in darkness.
LMAO. Okay, that's good. Anyways, yeah if he's right hopefully we get an idea on Geno's fate if a new character is revealed.

Nah I mean no ill will towards him. Just having fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
If the dude wasn't trying to hold his ground, maybe people wouldn't be upon him about it?

But you're right. We should move on.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Yeah i could see that happening. He doesn't have to cling on to this specific date, which makes him beign persistent all the more baffling. Honestly a "sorry guys seems i got the date wrong" or even dead silence would have been better than what he is doing now.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I don't know if this has been shown here(The fan game in question has been around for quite a while, so I wouldn't be shocked if this has popped up), but this beautiful fighting fan game has a Geno cameo through a card mechanic, and he is pretty awesome in it. He pops up around 2:07, but I recommend checking the whole video out. Lots of polish in the animations and I am shocked it hasn't gotten more recognition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom