• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Question: Does Joker have a regular spirit (ie: other than his Fighter Spirit he gets from clearing Classic)?

I ask because one of the arguments against Geno's inclusion is his and Mallow's Spirits, but Geno wouldn't have to have his classic SMRPG render as a Fighter Spirit the way Cloud has none from his home game.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
i'm laughing holy **** that's so random and macabre

why this

also i guess some kind of nice star bit cake or something idk

what are his crimes. geno sweetie what did you do
Idk I mean Geno he’s an interesting guy but also an enigma. So I feel like his personality and likes dislikes are pretty open to interpretation. Like Sovereign Trinity Sovereign Trinity said we’ve asked certain questions so many times it’s good to branch out and ask the things people haven’t thought of. If we truly want to be hype about this guy we need to dig deeper.

Also, identity theft

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey everyone what do you think Geno would want as his last meal if he was sentenced to death for crimes against the Mushroom Kingdom

I think he would like a chocolate cake and maybe a steak (medium rare)
Square Enix

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Hey everyone what do you think Geno would want as his last meal if he was sentenced to death for crimes against the Mushroom Kingdom

Can he even eat food? Do Stars in the Mario universe eat? If so, do they have to pee or take a dump afterward? Is that where those golden sparkles come from?

Inquiring minds must know

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Don't make me think about these things.

That said, a big ol' plate of chicken nuggets sounds about right for Geno.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Was playing maeio kart earlier today and thought that it would be cool if they announced him as a dlc for mario kart or a new mario kart game with him in the base roster. They brought back the koopa kids after so many years, I feel like Geno would be really cool addition. It really is a shame he doesn't get much representation other than small ones in Smash despite his fan demand for him to come back into the mario games.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Was playing maeio kart earlier today and thought that it would be cool if they announced him as a dlc for mario kart or a new mario kart game with him in the base roster. They brought back the koopa kids after so many years, I feel like Geno would be really cool addition. It really is a shame he doesn't get much representation other than small ones in Smash despite his fan demand for him to come back into the mario games.
I'm waiting for him for Mario Tennis Aces.

Also, why is it that there were two Square Enix made Mario sports games (Hoops 3-on-3, and Sports Mix) and they both included Final Fantasy characters, yet no one thought to include either Geno or Mallow? HUGE missed opportunity. Not to mention Mario's other collabs with Dragon Quest like Fortune Street, where the primary character from the DQ representation is SLIME.

A lot of funny decisions have been made that hindsight show they really had significantly greater opportunities. Perhaps it's for the best, though... I feel those sport spin-offs Square made were forgotten really fast. I guess their only issue was how surface-level they were. There was no greater depth to be reached.

Which is the opposite for Tennis Aces, where it has the depth of a fighting game, and I love it.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm waiting for him for Mario Tennis Aces.

Also, why is it that there were two Square Enix made Mario sports games (Hoops 3-on-3, and Sports Mix) and they both included Final Fantasy characters, yet no one thought to include either Geno or Mallow? HUGE missed opportunity. Not to mention Mario's other collabs with Dragon Quest like Fortune Street, where the primary character from the DQ representation is SLIME.

A lot of funny decisions have been made that hindsight show they really had significantly greater opportunities. Perhaps it's for the best, though... I feel those sport spin-offs Square made were forgotten really fast. I guess their only issue was how surface-level they were. There was no greater depth to be reached.

Which is the opposite for Tennis Aces, where it has the depth of a fighting game, and I love it.
Probably because Square didn't realize the amount of popularity they both have. Now, they do. I'm sure they are VERY aware by now. Hopefully, we'll see Geno and Mallow come back yet. They'd make great and lucrative spin-off DLC for Kart or Aces, as well as amazing characters for a new M&L game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Probably because Square didn't realize the amount of popularity they both have. Now, they do. I'm sure they are VERY aware by now. Hopefully, we'll see Geno and Mallow come back yet. They'd make great and lucrative spin-off DLC for Kart or Aces, as well as amazing characters for a new M&L game.
SMRPG not being in Europe probably was a factor too. It's a worldwide release, after all. Thankfully Smash isn't worried about that, cause if it was, we wouldn't have any Mother content till later games, when Mother finally saw UK releases in some way.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
SMRPG not being in Europe probably was a factor too. It's a worldwide release, after all. Thankfully Smash isn't worried about that, cause if it was, we wouldn't have any Mother content till later games, when Mother finally saw UK releases in some way.
That's true, and back then, SMRPG on the Wii VC either hadn't been released or was just released, including in Europe. That would have been the first time SMRPG got European exposure. Now, they've got it on Wii (pre-Wii Store shutdown), Wii U, and SNES Classic, so it's finally got a presence there. That's one barrier out of the way.

Mountain Dew. He'd just casually finish the bottle while the guards prepare to execute him... and then he'd make his move and do some badass escape at the last possible second.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Also, why is it that there were two Square Enix made Mario sports games (Hoops 3-on-3, and Sports Mix) and they both included Final Fantasy characters, yet no one thought to include either Geno or Mallow? HUGE missed opportunity.
Gosh, I love that game, and I still have Mario Hoops 3-on-3 on my shelf! The game, manual, everything! It's one of my favorite DS games. Back to your topic, I've always asked about it for years, too. Perhaps they just didn't think about bringing Geno and Mallow to the roster because they didn't know about his popularity, and remember that this is the first collaboration Nintendo and SQUARE ENIX did, not SquareSoft, so this collaboration could've been developed by different people, not by the same people who worked on SMRPG. I honestly believe Geno and Mallow should've been added, even with all the FF characters in the game as well, I mean, they are Mario characters owned by Square, so even if they did or didn't have popularity, I think they still should've been in the game regardless. Square Enix developed the game, they own Geno and Mallow, they shouldn't have had any problems including them in the game, unless Miyamoto had something to do with it since he was a supervisor. Tetsuya Nomura also did the artwork for Mario Hoops 3-on-3 as well, and I would've loved to have seen Geno and Mallow artwork by Nomura. Who would've expected Nomura to work on a Mario spin-off?

i'm laughing holy **** that's so random and macabre
why this
also i guess some kind of nice star bit cake or something idk
what are his crimes. geno sweetie what did you do
Well, you remember THAT incident, when Geno decided to balance things with Square?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Question: Does Joker have a regular spirit (ie: other than his Fighter Spirit he gets from clearing Classic)?

I ask because one of the arguments against Geno's inclusion is his and Mallow's Spirits, but Geno wouldn't have to have his classic SMRPG render as a Fighter Spirit the way Cloud has none from his home game.
The only other spirits that contain Joker are a Fighter Spirit for his school uniform (which, much like other alternate costume fighter spirits, is only available in the Vault store) and a spirit for the Phantom Thieves. (where he's one out of eight people)

There aren't any primary or support Joker spirits, but then again, we don't know how spirits are going to be handled for DLC. For all we know, a character who already has a spirit in the base game could get in as DLC with their Classic spirit being, for example, "Geno (Smash)" and only having the Smash artwork without an alternate image, like Cloud, Robin, the Pokemon Trainers, or (from what I recall - not 100% sure on them) the Wii Fit Trainers.

Calane

Smash Ace
We are doing good. Here's the problem with this whole things though.

Everything you just said is based off whether Tansut is telling the truth. Leakers have been wrong recently, been given false information, have chosen wrong information, and to top it off have just flat out lied for a small bit of internet fame. He has brought forward no evidence, unlike the Gamatsu leak or the debug Ken leak, thus you just have to take his word for it which shouldn't be enough to sway anyone. The one thing that Tansut has to his name is that he "leaked" Cloud in Smash 4 but it was so cryptic that no cared or noticed until Smash speculation started for the next game. He claims to have known about Cloud for months, yet offers no proof of this, and we know multiple YouTubers and other internet celebrities knew about Cloud weeks before the reveal. He supposedly has a Square Enix source, yet has been silent between Cloud and now Erdrick, meaning he's heard nothing for years about anything like KH3 or FF7R or anything new.

Then when he pops back up again, it's just a blatant "DQ gets a rep" and adds that there will be male and female alts. Saying DQ has a rep is almost like saying Erdrick is in at this point considering he is such a big deal in Japan (though whether it's because the character is loved or because the game is loved and Erdrick is the best way to reference the game) and he just came out with it instead of being cryptic. Then he later just comes out and says it's Erdrick flat out. What happened to being cryptic? He didn't want to spoiled Cloud, but Erdrick just doesn't matter I guess? Seems like his approach just did a 180 and that is plenty enough reason to deny him.

Then, his proof that Erdrick is in? "I was talking with my source, and I kept mentioning Erdrick, and he never said it wasn't Erdrick and he never corrected me, so it's proof it's Erdrick." So, not only do we have to trust his word, but we have to trust the word of someone who is making assumptions on information just because his source DIDN'T say it WASN'T Erdrick? If my mom makes a cake and I ask her if I can have a piece and she doesn't say I CAN'T have a piece, does that mean I can? If I go to your house and ask to play on your Switch and you don't say that I CAN'T, does that mean I can?

No, of course not. It's an assumption. Simply put, his source let out exact information and Tansut assumed he was correct because he wasn't told he was wrong.

This is why Tansut is not creditable enough to ride your entire belief of Erdrick's inclusion around.
Well, I did say "if Tansut's telling the truth" in my initial post, so I'm well aware that taking his word relies on blindly trusting him. He may very well be lying, or his source is just wrong. I was just saying that, if the information he claims to have received is true, then there's really nobody else it could be besides Erdrick. Of course, this all depends on if he's telling the truth, and he probably isn't (I don't know the guy or anything), but I'd certainly love for him to be right. It's more of a "I want to believe" thing on my side, and I know I'm probably heading towards disappointment at the end of all this.

There's nothing telling me he's definitely wrong or right, so all I can do is take his word into account and hope for the best.

Alright, so uh... I guess I'll talk about some of your other points.

"Saying DQ has a rep is almost like saying Erdrick is in at this point considering he is such a big deal in Japan (though whether it's because the character is loved or because the game is loved and Erdrick is the best way to reference the game) and he just came out with it instead of being cryptic."

Edit: After reading what you said again, I think I may have accidentally misinterpreted what you were saying. I apologize, I must have been reading too fast. I erased what I had originally put here.

"Then he later just comes out and says it's Erdrick flat out. What happened to being cryptic? He didn't want to spoiled Cloud, but Erdrick just doesn't matter I guess? Seems like his approach just did a 180 and that is plenty enough reason to deny him."

Well, going by his post explaining the Cloud situation, I believe he was told by his source to not say anything about it. Perhaps his source didn't have the same conditions when telling him about the supposed DQ character? I mean, his source even gave him the idea to use a Dairy Queen sign and everything, so I can only assume Tansut acted the way he did because he wasn't told not to. That's my guess, anyway.

"Then, his proof that Erdrick is in? "I was talking with my source, and I kept mentioning Erdrick, and he never said it wasn't Erdrick and he never corrected me, so it's proof it's Erdrick." So, not only do we have to trust his word, but we have to trust the word of someone who is making assumptions on information just because his source DIDN'T say it WASN'T Erdrick? If my mom makes a cake and I ask her if I can have a piece and she doesn't say I CAN'T have a piece, does that mean I can? If I go to your house and ask to play on your Switch and you don't say that I CAN'T, does that mean I can?"

I personally believe this was just poor wording on Tansut's part. I could be wrong, but I think he was trying to say that his source would probably know if the character was someone like Slime or the Luminary, so the fact that his source didn't correct him probably meant that it wasn't any of those options. It's not a great reason to come to that conclusion by itself, but as I said in my previous post, the fact that he heard this DQ character would have male and female versions means he's likely right anyway. Basically, given all the information he supposedly heard, Erdrick just seems to be the most logical conclusion.

Of course, if he's telling the truth and everything.

"No, of course not. It's an assumption. Simply put, his source let out exact information and Tansut assumed he was correct because he wasn't told he was wrong.

This is why Tansut is not creditable enough to ride your entire belief of Erdrick's inclusion around."

I mostly agree with this myself. Thinking his source was talking about Erdrick is an assumption, but I think it's a very reasonable one all things considered.

Tansut could be lying, and he's not enough reason to truly believe in Erdrick's inclusion. To be honest, I'm fully expecting to be disappointed. I was mostly just saying that, if Tansut was actually not lying/correct about his information, then Erdrick is really the only character his source could have been referring to. That doesn't really mean anything, but it's a comforting thought for a guy who just wants to see it happen. It very likely won't, but there's nothing wrong with trying to believe in something you want, right?

In any case, if I can't get the character I want, then I hope that you all get Geno in the end. If that day comes, then I'll be sure to congratulate you all.

Edit: My basic point is that Tansut's information points to Erdrick. Whether that information is true or not is anyone's guess. We have no actual way to prove that it is or isn't. All I was originally saying was that the info he supposedly received points to Erdrick.

I don't want this to turn into some sort of debate (I probably shouldn't have replied in the first place), so I'd like to end things here.

There's not much else I can say on the matter.

'Ey, I've seen you around the SE and Erdrick threads before. Nice to see you around, and thank you for clarifying some stuff! I wish you the best, too. If only we lived in a perfect world where we could get both of our boys. :shyguy:
Thanks! And yes, that would really be the best-case scenario, wouldn't it? If only.

Don't worry , you're just giving your point and view and an argument , you don't have to apologize ! And well , you're polite , so I don't see any problem.

I agree with you on that one , I wasn't aware that he heard about that specific info.
And yeah, when you go through the process of elimination , it's more than probably Erdrick.

But then , I wonder how his source learned this specific info...
I mean , it's not something like the complete moveset , but it's pretty interesting.

I'll keep this in mind in the future !

And thank you !
No problem! Thanks for hearing me out!

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think something people didn’t really bring up after Joker was first released is that he came with a lot more music than people were expecting. I remember people had assumed we’d get 5 songs per character but in reality he came with 11 music tracks which is pretty crazy. With that being the case do you think if Geno were to get in he’d also get that many tracks? What tracks would you want?

Also if Geno were to get unique victory music that wasn’t the standard one for Mario characters I feel like a remix of the SMRPG victory theme would be great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZanZRU14o_Y
I was actually disappointed by how few music tracks there were. I was expecting more, and I wanted either more from Persona 5 or more from the rest of the Persona/Shin Megami Tensei games.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, I did say "if Tansut's telling the truth" in my initial post, so I'm well aware that taking his word relies on blindly trusting him. He may very well be lying, or his source is just wrong. I was just saying that, if the information he claims to have received is true, then there's really nobody else it could be besides Erdrick. Of course, this all depends on if he's telling the truth, and he probably isn't (I don't know the guy or anything), but I'd certainly love for him to be right. It's more of a "I want to believe" thing on my side, and I know I'm probably heading towards disappointment at the end of all this.

There's nothing telling me he's definitely wrong or right, so all I can do is take his word into account and hope for the best.

"Saying DQ has a rep is almost like saying Erdrick is in at this point considering he is such a big deal in Japan (though whether it's because the character is loved or because the game is loved and Erdrick is the best way to reference the game) and he just came out with it instead of being cryptic."

I'm...not sure what you mean by this. Of course Erdrick is loved because his game is loved. That's the case for just about every liked video game character ever. For example, do people only like Crono because they like Chrono Trigger? The answer is probably "yes", because the experience a character is tied to can greatly impact the popularity of said character. Regardless of how that popularity came about, the characters themselves have become loved by many, so I don't think it's very fair to say a character is only liked because of their game/games. That's just my opinion, though.

"Then he later just comes out and says it's Erdrick flat out. What happened to being cryptic? He didn't want to spoiled Cloud, but Erdrick just doesn't matter I guess? Seems like his approach just did a 180 and that is plenty enough reason to deny him."

Well, going by his post explaining the Cloud situation, I believe he was told by his source to not say anything about it. Perhaps his source didn't have the same conditions when telling him about the supposed DQ character. I mean, his source even gave him the idea to use a Dairy Queen sign and everything, so I can only assume Tansut acted the way he did because he wasn't told not to. That's my guess, anyway.

"Then, his proof that Erdrick is in? "I was talking with my source, and I kept mentioning Erdrick, and he never said it wasn't Erdrick and he never corrected me, so it's proof it's Erdrick." So, not only do we have to trust his word, but we have to trust the word of someone who is making assumptions on information just because his source DIDN'T say it WASN'T Erdrick? If my mom makes a cake and I ask her if I can have a piece and she doesn't say I CAN'T have a piece, does that mean I can? If I go to your house and ask to play on your Switch and you don't say that I CAN'T, does that mean I can?"

I personally believe this was just poor wording on Tansut's part. I could be wrong, but I think he was trying to say that his source would probably know if the character was someone like Slime or the Luminary, so the fact that his source didn't correct him probably meant that it wasn't any of those options. It's not a great reason to come to that conclusion by itself, but as I said in my previous post, the fact that he heard this DQ character would have male and female versions means he's likely right anyway. Basically, given all the information he supposedly heard, Erdrick just seems to be the most logical conclusion.

"No, of course not. It's an assumption. Simply put, his source let out exact information and Tansut assumed he was correct because he wasn't told he was wrong.

This is why Tansut is not creditable enough to ride your entire belief of Erdrick's inclusion around."

I mostly agree with this myself. Thinking his source was talking about Erdrick is an assumption, but I think it's a very reasonable one all things considered.

Tansut could be lying, and he's not enough reason to truly believe in Erdrick's inclusion. To be honest, I'm fully expecting to be disappointed. I was mostly just saying that, if Tansut was actually not lying/correct about his information, then Erdrick is really the only character his source could have been referring to. That doesn't really mean anything, but it's a comforting thought for a guy who just wants to see it happen. It very likely won't, but there's nothing wrong with trying to believe in something you want, right?

In any case, if I can't get the character I want, then I hope that you all get Geno in the end. If that day comes, then I'll be sure to congratulate you all.

Thanks! And yes, that would really be the best-case scenario, wouldn't it? If only.

It's kind of hard to judge character sometimes, but I don't think he's lying. He seems.. genuine enough. That said it doesn't mean that the info he was given is true. But having had something SE related in smash 'correct' before is much better than nothing, XD or some random anonymous leak. He did say at one point that he doesn't have much going for sources but what he does have is reliable. It might be solely one with Square Enix.

Even if he would've asked differently or had more proof, all it'd do is sway us more towards 'oh he's in!' and could still turn up not true, and then you'd be even more disappointed. I think this is good how it is. It's gotten us to think that it could actually happen, and now we just gotta see if it ends up true.

The way I see it is that it gives some hope, but like any word of mouth it doesn't guarantee at all, We have to be prepared for any outcome.
I think it's even exciting just to find out what the truth really is :) And there's some chances we'll be happy about what comes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, in SMRPG, what are everyone's favorite FP moves?

Mine are Snowy, Star Rain, Geno Blast, and Geno Flash.

link2702

Smash Champion
Geno whirl, geno boost, geno blast, poison gas(cuz it’s one of the very few moves that add a status effect to enemies.) and psychopath(reading enemy thoughts is often hilarious).

I really wish the game had more moves that had effects like bowsers poison gas. And if they were all bowsers it’d maybe make him a bit more useful.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I was actually disappointed by how few music tracks there were. I was expecting more, and I wanted either more from Persona 5 or more from the rest of the Persona/Shin Megami Tensei games.
I don't want to be that ****, but at least it's more than the two soundtracks we got with the FF7 representation. Not sure why Mr. Uematsu didn't want to give us one or more new tracks for Midgar, but it's understandable if they were very expensive, and they probably were. I wish we got Jenova or One-Winged Angel; Crazy Motorcycle Chase is one I really wish we got for Midgar because it's one of my favorite soundtracks in FF7, and also one of my favorite parts in the game. However, I do agree that there should've been more Persona 5 soundtracks because Joker's the protagonist of Persona 5, and that's the main Persona game being represented in Smash.
So, in SMRPG, what are everyone's favorite FP moves?

Mine are Snowy, Star Rain, Geno Blast, and Geno Flash.
Super Jump: Because it symbolizes Mario.
Ultra Flame: Because you feel invincible shooting the ultimate fireballs... PEW!
Shocker: It reminds me of Thor, and it makes an awesome sound when it hits an enemy.
Snowy: Because a snowman is made into a special attack.
Geno Boost: Because of the red arrows, and it makes fun sounds.
Geno Whirl: This is arguably the coolest move in the game, besides one-shotting enemies and Exor, I just love how you throw a destructo disc.
Geno Blast: You literally send rainbow blasts down from the heavens, it's so awesome!
Geno Flash: You turn into a cannon, shoot a flaming ball that transforms into a living sun, and it explodes! An exploding sun, that's awesome!

I'm going to add some more. What's my favorite item? A Yoshi Cookie!
Group Hug.

I'm not sorry.
That's the path to victory. I'm a big fan of that move too. lol
That's what makes the game easy, you're practically invincible at that point! XD

ZelDan

Smash Master
Psycho bomb is kind of funny; just the idea that they decided to give a bomb move to Peach, or SMRPG's healer.

Did she spend some time with Punchinello before joining Mario's party or something?

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Group Hug is one of those specials that is so ridiculously OP that I genuinely wish I had the ability to cast it in real life.

That and Come Back. Full HP revive upon successful Timed Hit? That is BROKEN.
Combined with the Lazy Shell? No more game overs.

MattX20

Smash Hero

Edit: After reading what you said again, I think I may have accidentally misinterpreted what you were saying. I apologize, I must have been reading too fast. I erased what I had originally put here.

Well, going by his post explaining the Cloud situation, I believe he was told by his source to not say anything about it. Perhaps his source didn't have the same conditions when telling him about the supposed DQ character? I mean, his source even gave him the idea to use a Dairy Queen sign and everything, so I can only assume Tansut acted the way he did because he wasn't told not to. That's my guess, anyway.

Edit: My basic point is that Tansut's information points to Erdrick. Whether that information is true or not is anyone's guess. We have no actual way to prove that it is or isn't. All I was originally saying was that the info he supposedly received points to Erdrick.

I don't want this to turn into some sort of debate (I probably shouldn't have replied in the first place), so I'd like to end things here.

There's not much else I can say on the matter.

That was a very respectful, well written post; well done. I wish that I met more people who wanted Erdrick genuinely like you instead of the bandwagoners who dump on anyone else's most wanted characters.

Firox

Smash Master
An interesting thing to note is that many of the new dlc characters in Mario kart came after their inclusion in smash Bros (ie villager, inkling, etc) That's why it's so crucial for Geno to get into smash. His inclusion wouldn't just open the door to a SMRPG sequel/remake, but also get him an invite to the pantheon of mario games.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So I got bored and decided to revise the moveset I made a while ago. Here it is:
Jab: Star Gun - Turning both of his hands into Star Guns, Geno fires Star projectiles from his left gun, his right gun, and then finally both guns to send the opponent away.

Forward tilt: Finger Gun - Geno points forward and lets off a short range explosion that can be angled and is capable of KOing damaged opponents.

Down tilt: Geno performs a low sweeping kick that will send opponents away, possibly into a tech-chase scenario.

Up tilt: A sideways somersaulting kick (think Ridley) that hits slightly in front of and directly above Geno. His legs are invincible while performing this move, making its primary use hitting opponents attempting to strike from above.

Dash attack: Geno simply throws his body forward, ramming his opponent before coming to a stop.

Neutral special: Geno Beam - Geno turns his arm into a laser cannon and begins to charge. Three red stars will appear on Geno's HUD to indicate the level of charge, and the more stars, the stronger the beam. A three star Geno Beam will do the most damage and knockback, a one-star Beam will do the least, and a two-star one will deal average damage. The charge cannot be stored, but it can be cancelled with a shield or roll.

Side special: Geno Whirl - Geno launches a disc of energy that penetrates enemies. Normally, the move will do 9%, but if the command is inputted again right as the disc hits an enemy, it will instead do 19% and large knockback, enough to KO an opponent.

Down special: Geno Boost - Geno raises his hands and vertical arrows begin to surround him. After about two seconds, he will finish his casting animation and for the next ten seconds, Geno will receive a 1.2x increase to the damage of his attacks. If B is pressed right as the final arrow disappears, he will also be granted a 1.2x increase in defense, receiving less damage and knockback. Getting KO'd, hit mid-casting, or letting ten seconds pass will remove the buff, and Geno will have to cast the move again.

Up special: Geno Jet - Turning his hands into cannons, Geno blasts downwards to propel himself through the air. He can be controlled freely, but he will be defenseless as long as he is flying, and after some time, he will begin to fall.

Final Smash: Geno Blast - Geno raises his hands to the sky and launches a blast of light upwards. He then brings them downwards, causing multicolored beams to rain down on the stage and ravage enemies. The beams themselves are damaging, and the explosions they create upon impact are very powerful and can KO opponents easily.

Forward smash: Geno transforms himself into the Geno Flash cannon, letting lose a very powerful explosion that can easily KO opponents, though it will leave him open to attack if not connected.

Down smash: Geno drops an explosive on either side of him that explodes shortly then after. Good at covering rolls, but has decent startup lag.

Up smash: Geno summons a star above him that deals three hits to anyone touching it before launching them. Good as an anti air or an out of shield option, but has a lot of ending lag.

Neutral air: A star orbits twice around Geno that will damage anyone who comes into contact with it, making it a good defensive option.

Forward air: Geno delivers a magic-infused spinning kick forward that is good for spacing, comboing, and approaching, but is lacking in power.

Down air: Geno releases a grenade below him that will explode quickly and meteor smash anyone unlucky enough to be in its way. Good for harassing the opponent from above.

Back air: Using his Star Gun, Geno shoots a particularly powerful star behind him that deals mighty knockback to its victims. What it has in power, it lacks in speed, making precision necessary to use the move.

Up air: Geno raises one hand, fingertips pointed upwards, and releases a laser from each finger. Useful for stopping enemies from coming down on you.

Grab: Reaches out a hand, attempting to ensnare the opponent with magic. Short ranged but fast.

Pummel: Magically blasts the opponent similar to other magic users.

Forward throw: Using his hand cannon, Geno blasts the opponent away with a barrage of bullets.

Down throw: Geno raises himself and the opponent up higher off the ground before slamming them into the dirt. Can be followed up with a forward air, neutral air, or up air.

Back throw: Geno dashes behind the trapped opponent and blasts them in the back with a Geno Beam. Can KO at high percents.

Up throw: An uppercut with the Star Gun followed by a point-blank blast with it that can also KO damaged opponents.

Side taunt: Looks to the screen and nods, a reference to his victory animation from SMRPG.

Down taunt: Reaches into his hat and pulls out a Mushroom, which will heal him for 3%, an Ice Bomb, which will freeze anyone too close to Geno, or some stardust, which does nothing.

Up taunt: Adjuste his cape, checks his weapon, then straightens his hat.

Geno seems like a crafty ******* to me. He’d probably order a Pick Me Up and then find some way to have it fed to him after his death to bring him back. I don’t know how you’d even go about killing Geno, though, considering that he doesn’t really have a form. I guess you could inconvenience him by destroying whatever his avatar is at the time.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
SO I recently started up a file in ttyd again after years of not playing it and holy hell I forgot how much stricter the timed hits were on jump attacks in that game....i get the hammer strikes just fine but damn I’ve maybe landed the jumps about...twice so far? I need the simplifier badges bad, not even gonna lie.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So I've decided I'm going stream at 10AM CST.

For other US times, this should be:

• 11AM EST
  • 9AM MDT
  • 8AM MST and PST
  • 7AM ADT
  • 5AM HAST
If you aren't in the US then you'll have to figured it out on your own, sorry.

I really don't know the best way to do this, but I will be streaming on both YouTube Stream Now and Twitch.

For those of you who dig Twitch, my channel is: https://www.twitch.tv/forsakenm

For those who prefer YouTube, my channel is: https://www.youtube.com/user/ForsakenMemories45

No worries for donations or follows or anything like that, I'm just doing what I can to celebrate the anniversary. Also I don't have donations possible anyway, so there is that. I don't think I can even have subs on Twitch.

So, how do I bring this to Operation: Starfall? Do I just post it in the Discord somewhere? and if so, where?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
SO I recently started up a file in ttyd again after years of not playing it and holy hell I forgot how much stricter the timed hits were on jump attacks in that game....i get the hammer strikes just fine but damn I’ve maybe landed the jumps about...twice so far? I need the simplifier badges bad, not even gonna lie.
My favorite Paper Mario game. I still can't choose which was the better RPG, TTYD or LOTSS because I love them both.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My favorite PM games are in order of release... though that could change if I try Color Splash and the M&L crossover.

I just love the badges in the first game more. I also like how it has a major limitation on levels, making it more interesting challenge-wise. It's a bit too easy to get OP in TTYD. Regardless, I've enjoyed the 4 I've played overall. SS's main issue for me is that the poison area just feels a bit too harsh at times.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So apparently the Starfall Discord is as dead as ProJared's career. Yes, I went there. First joke I made about it since it happened, sorry to bring it here.

So I'll repeat my question here: does anyone have fan art of theirs they would like featured with their best handle to reach them on my stream?

If so, I need what art you would like to have shown and your handle so I can work magic and include your handle on the art.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So apparently the Starfall Discord is as dead as ProJared's career. Yes, I went there. First joke I made about it since it happened, sorry to bring it here.

So I'll repeat my question here: does anyone have fan art of theirs they would like featured with their best handle to reach them on my stream?

If so, I need what art you would like to have shown and your handle so I can work magic and include your handle on the art.
Yeah, the Discord is kinda more for the site planning at the moment. The Star Road Discord for the Geno thread (which is also for Operation Starfall) is absolutely jam-packed, though. Since streaming is more of a fun and celebratory endeavor at the moment, given we're still working on the site, I'd say your best bet would be there to get more people in here.

As for me, feel free to show any of my Geno pieces over at my art blog! I also post a little of it on my Twitter, too. As for specific pieces, you can just pick and choose. You can just credit it all under 'skubulbunt'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom