• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
This is going to be a long month. If going by Amiibo release time for either a direct/Smash video, the next wave is 9/20.

ZelDan

Smash Master
So guys, dunno if ya'll read about this but, it would seem that SNES games are incoming for the Nintendo Switch (most likely the NSO).

Considering this, IF among the first SNES wave of titles is Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, this could tie-in to a potential Geno reveal. Emphasis on could.
Hmm, the game on that list that interests me the most is actually Demon's crest, as I haven't played it and I believe it has a positive reputation.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
If Banjo & Kazooie have been worked on along side Joker and Hero then I wouldn't expect them to take longer than September.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I really think they only made 4 Isabelle amiibos in the world.

I bet there will be alt amiibos, so Hero will get the other 3 alts (which is good as I like Eight's design the most). I wouldn't be surprised if Joker gets an academy amiibo.

As to when? The amiibo releases are bizarre. Plant was in wave 2 despite being a DLC character and released just two weeks before. Simon was the 3rd non echo newcomer and he is available almost a year after the game came out. Daisy and Ken were early but the other echoes are a year later. Heck, Richter and Dark Samus were revealed on August 8th 2018 and their amiibos are planned for 2020, not even a season narrow-down. And of course there was 4's weirdness with Mewtwo (DLC) coming before base game character Falco, or how Cloud, Bayonetta and Corrin had a year and a half gap.

So Banjo's amiibo will be out 2022 and Geno's probably 2054.....as a Mii costume to the gunner amiibo because of course he will be as the universe can be a jerk.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That would nice but that also means too much work because of the model and also finding a voice actor for it in a short time.

I actually wish that Arusa was the main pick instead of Eleven since he is pretty much the face of DQ series and more recognizable and I would want an amiibo of him but not sure if it still could happen
Yeah, but heavy promotion for a legacy franchise's latest game is what it is. Even Sakurai had to bow down to that one for Hero's presentation.

That being said, I think there will be room to include more alts next time, since Smash 6 should theoretically have more time for development compared to Ultimate.

Hmm, the game on that list that interests me the most is actually Demon's crest, as I haven't played it and I believe it has a positive reputation.
That one's a hidden gem, so you won't go wrong with it.

Of course. Those are going to kill in Japan.
Yeah. Lucky for us those should be shelf-warmers on our side of the pond, comparably (aside maybe Eight).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That would nice but that also means too much work because of the model and also finding a voice actor for it in a short time.

I actually wish that Arusa was the main pick instead of Eleven since he is pretty much the face of DQ series and more recognizable and I would want an amiibo of him but not sure if it still could happen
Yeah, but I still think about that a lot though. I was kinda hoping we got just Asuru with a female alt instead, meaning less work and only two voice actors. The Solo we have in game is still a rad dude though.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I really think they only made 4 Isabelle amiibos in the world.

I bet there will be alt amiibos, so Hero will get the other 3 alts (which is good as I like Eight's design the most). I wouldn't be surprised if Joker gets an academy amiibo.

As to when? The amiibo releases are bizarre. Plant was in wave 2 despite being a DLC character and released just two weeks before. Simon was the 3rd non echo newcomer and he is available almost a year after the game came out. Daisy and Ken were early but the other echoes are a year later. Heck, Richter and Dark Samus were revealed on August 8th 2018 and their amiibos are planned for 2020, not even a season narrow-down. And of course there was 4's weirdness with Mewtwo (DLC) coming before base game character Falco, or how Cloud, Bayonetta and Corrin had a year and a half gap.

So Banjo's amiibo will be out 2022 and Geno's probably 2054.....as a Mii costume to the gunner amiibo because of course he will be as the universe can be a jerk.
I think the reason why piranha plant amiibo arrived too early because of how simple her design is so they wanted to bring it early

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
So I was thinking about something the other day and wanted to see what some of your thoughts are. Remember how Sakurai bought a gun model a year or so back? I don't recall the details, but I think it was for a mecha or something? Anyway, people have speculated how this might tie in to Geno's possible inclusion by pointing out a quote Sakurai said about Geno having a gun for a hand. Here are my thoughts:

Firstly, when Sakurai said Geno has a "gun for a hand", I sincerely hope he understands that our puppet boi's armaments are little bit more in-depth than that. I mean, sure, you could say he has a gun for a hand in the sense that he can shoot bullets from his fingertips, but that doesn't include all the other weapons at his disposal. He can fire cannon balls from his elbow, launch his fists like rockets, turn both arms into machine guns, and that's just some of the CANONICAL stuff. That said, his Mii costume was obviously a gross oversimplification of what he could do. If Geno becomes a playable, I really hope we see a more accurate depiction of his abilities.

Secondly, I was thinking about the gun model that Sakurai bought. If it was originally meant for a mecha or something in that vein, then I don't imagine it being for Geno since, as stated above, it wouldn't really be an accurate depiction of him. If anything, I would think that the gun points more towards Doomslayer, but if I recall correctly, we don't have any proof that said model was for Smash bros inspiration to begin with. Let me know if I'm missing anything here because I feel like this is one of the few loose ends in "Sakarai Activity" that we haven't pinned down yet.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So I was thinking about something the other day and wanted to see what some of your thoughts are. Remember how Sakurai bought a gun model a year or so back? I don't recall the details, but I think it was for a mecha or something? Anyway, people have speculated how this might tie in to Geno's possible inclusion by pointing out a quote Sakurai said about Geno having a gun for a hand. Here are my thoughts:

Firstly, when Sakurai said Geno has a "gun for a hand", I sincerely hope he understands that our puppet boi's armaments are little bit more in-depth than that. I mean, sure, you could say he has a gun for a hand in the sense that he can shoot bullets from his fingertips, but that doesn't include all the other weapons at his disposal. He can fire cannon balls from his elbow, launch his fists like rockets, turn both arms into machine guns, and that's just some of the CANONICAL stuff. That said, his Mii costume was obviously a gross oversimplification of what he could do. If Geno becomes a playable, I really hope we see a more accurate depiction of his abilities.

Secondly, I was thinking about the gun model that Sakurai bought. If it was originally meant for a mecha or something in that vein, then I don't imagine it being for Geno since, as stated above, it wouldn't really be an accurate depiction of him. If anything, I would think that the gun points more towards Doomslayer, but if I recall correctly, we don't have any proof that said model was for Smash bros inspiration to begin with. Let me know if I'm missing anything here because I feel like this is one of the few loose ends in "Sakarai Activity" that we haven't pinned down yet.
If they wanted Doomslayer's weapons for reference, ID and Bethesda would give them to the Smash team upon request. There are high quality models whereas Geno's guns don't have them

Firox

Smash Master
To be fair, Mii costumes don't remotely even come close to depicting a character's abilities, they're pretty much virtual Halloween costumes.

Seriously, Tails' costume has a ray gun, and you can't fly with it, so...
I know the Mii costumes aren't supposed to be super accurate, but it was more what Sakurai said that made me kind of worry about how Geno would be depicted. Then again, Sak's got a pretty solid record with the rest of the DLC so far, so I would be kinda surprised if he managed to botch Geno.

If they wanted Doomslayer's weapons for reference, ID and Bethesda would give them to the Smash team upon request. There are high quality models whereas Geno's guns don't have them
This is a very good point, though it would also reinforce my fears that Geno would end up eerily similar to his Mii costume...

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

That figurine that Sakurai bought was a Vifam figure, he said he wanted that because of the attach rifle for reference. I severally doubt that he bought it for reference in Doom Slayer because the earliest that we heard about that figure was around December 2016. Yes, Sakurai did say he bought that figurine for an upcoming project so it might've been for Smash Bros, but none of the newcomer ever used a rifle like that. Hypothetically let's say it was for Doom Slayer, that means that Sakurai had some DLC characters planned around the end of 2016, which works in my favor since I kept saying the DLC was planned during development (never thought it would've been that early). Honestly, I would disregard that figurine as a hint to a DLC character seeing how early he bought it. My guess it was something that just didn't go through.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sakurai likes to use figures to help him envision how a character would move, even if they already have 3D examples on screen. The gun was probably just for something like that if it was for Smash Bros.

Firox

Smash Master
That figurine that Sakurai bought was a Vifam figure, he said he wanted that because of the attach rifle for reference. I severally doubt that he bought it for reference in Doom Slayer because the earliest that we heard about that figure was around December 2016. Yes, Sakurai did say he bought that figurine for an upcoming project so it might've been for Smash Bros, but none of the newcomer ever used a rifle like that. Hypothetically let's say it was for Doom Slayer, that means that Sakurai had some DLC characters planned around the end of 2016, which works in my favor since I kept saying the DLC was planned during development (never thought it would've been that early). Honestly, I would disregard that figurine as a hint to a DLC character seeing how early he bought it. My guess it was something that just didn't go through.
Ah, this is good info. I guess I can put it to bed then.

QQS

Smash Lord
Do you guys really have a doubt about Sakurai not being able to do Geno how it should he? I mean, look the perfect work Sakurai and his team have done bringing back characters such as Mega Man or Banjo-Kazooie (which we haven’t seen all yet) but it’s definitely a 100% perfect job. Not only their designs, but also their move sets, programming, animations, sounds and music.

So the thing is, if Geno gets it (which I think is a YES), he would obviously have all his canonical and essentials stuff.

Sakurai’s and his team job have been clean and flawless. They didn’t release the Mii Costume again cause they know it’s time to come “Full Circle” and release a playable Geno sooner than later. Probably we will see the reveal during 2019 and he will be playable at 2020.

It’s Geno’s time. Sakurai knows how to does it and how to entertain and please the audience. I don’t care about the remaining DLC as long as Geno gets in playable (as FP or later). I think we will get Crash and Doomguy. But I’m grateful and really satisfied with Mega Man and Banjo in there. I just kind of felt of sad but I can tolerate anyway, the lack of other beloved ones for me like Skull Kid, Knuckles and Zero. But right now, and in this Smash, given his faithful demand, acknowledge and love; the only one 100% that needs to happen and for me the Dream Roster is complete, is Geno. He is a MUST.

Also, don’t forget that this Smash have been very “Back to the roots”. So don’t lose hope. What a better way to finish this with the Star Hero from SNES. He has never been so alive, after almost 24 years. It’s unbelievable..

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
I always thought that rifle was for Mach Rider...
Then the Grinch Leak happened...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Or he simply bought it for his collection, and he wanted to say something so the interviewers would leave, and so he wouldn't be called out by his wife for spending so much cash. :4pacman:

I guess it's just one of those mysteries we'll never know about for sure, like Bigfoot, and what happened to Amelia Earheart.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Or he simply bought it for his collection, and he wanted to say something so the interviewers would leave, and so he wouldn't be called out by his wife for spending so much cash. :4pacman:

I guess it's just one of those mysteries we'll never know about for sure, like Bigfoot, and what happened to Amelia Earheart.
Funny story about that last bit, my youngest sister (same one who asked when Geno was happening) stated that Amelia Earhart didn't die in a plane crash because we had gone to her house to check the place out. About a day later, the radio states that she may have died in a prisoner camp somewhere in the east. Maybe I should ask her what Sakurai did with the figure.

It feels like that meme: "where's mommy? Good! Where's daddy? Good! Now, sweetheart. Where's Sakurai's Vifam figure?"

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
The Vifam figure was either used for something small and inconsequential, or not at all if it was purchased in 2016. We've seen everything base game has to offer (no characters were officially cut from the plan) and nothing really matches it in any notable way. Fighter's Pass was chosen in 2018, so he wouldn't have been buying the figure for anything related to that stuff unless the something specific and unsubstantiated such as Geno was being worked on in 2016 for base game, got moved to DLC, and then somehow ended up as one of the last Fighter's Pass characters despite being worked on sooner than any others that we know of (We generally know that Banjo & Kazooie and Joker happened last year from interviews and different people, so that only leaves Hero in a bit of a weird place). Which, I would argue just doesn't have anything remotely compelling in its favor.

I'm going with it's honestly just a red herring that Sakurai pointed out for fun and not as an intentional reference to anything.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The Vifam figure was either used for something small and inconsequential, or not at all if it was purchased in 2016. We've seen everything base game has to offer (no characters were officially cut from the plan) and nothing really matches it in any notable way. Fighter's Pass was chosen in 2018, so he wouldn't have been buying the figure for anything related to that stuff unless the something specific and unsubstantiated such as Geno was being worked on in 2016 for base game, got moved to DLC, and then somehow ended up as one of the last Fighter's Pass characters despite being worked on sooner than any others that we know of (We generally know that Banjo & Kazooie and Joker happened last year from interviews and different people, so that only leaves Hero in a bit of a weird place). Which, I would argue just doesn't have anything remotely compelling in its favor.

I'm going with it's honestly just a red herring that Sakurai pointed out for fun and not as an intentional reference to anything.
Or it is possible he brought it to reference a character, whoever that was, that was going to be playable in Ultimate but had to get scrapped. Just saying, but still, you never know...

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Or it is possible he brought it to reference a character, whoever that was, that was going to be playable in Ultimate but had to get scrapped. Just saying, but still, you never know...
Well Sakurai said they didn't drop any characters for Ultimate... but if they did then whoever that was must have been done dirty considering Piranha Plant made the cut and that hypothetical character didn't.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well Sakurai said they didn't drop any characters for Ultimate... but if they did then whoever that was must have been done dirty considering Piranha Plant made the cut and that hypothetical character didn't.
Oh, yeah, forgot about that. There's still the possibility of being planned and then dropped before production began, if that is any difference?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh, yeah, forgot about that. There's still the possibility of being planned and then dropped before production began, if that is any difference?
There is some precedence. Sak briefly thought about Alucard, but acknowledged that fans would prefer a Belmont to get in over him. Also, Decidueye was almost considered as the Alolan Pokémon pick, until he realised that Incineroar would bring in a fighting style that hadn't been used yet in Smash.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
It really begs the question, why did the interviewer even bother to ask about the figure anyway? Next thing you know, someone will think it's newsworthy to see what Sakurai eats for breakfast.
First we had chair theory, then we had Grinch, then we had the Vifam theory... NOW WE HAVE THE BACON AND EGGS THEORY.

The Vifam figure was reported upon at the end of 2016/early 2017, so Ultimate would have already been in production by that point.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
First we had chair theory, then we had Grinch, then we had the Vifam theory... NOW WE HAVE THE BACON AND EGGS THEORY.

The Vifam figure was reported upon at the end of 2016/early 2017, so Ultimate would have already been in production by that point.
I see. Maybe it was for another game Sakurai was working on?

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I see. Maybe it was for another game Sakurai was working on?
I guess that's theoretically possible... but considering how much he throws himself beyond every Smash entry and the amount of work that Ultimate required to actually come to fruition (working from a damn IV for example), I'd be terrified of what Sakurai was doing to himself to also have ANOTHER game in production alongside Ultimate.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I guess that's theoretically possible... but considering how much he throws himself beyond every Smash entry and the amount of work that Ultimate required to actually come to fruition (working from a damn IV for example), I'd be terrified of what Sakurai was doing to himself to also have ANOTHER game in production alongside Ultimate.
Then again, maybe that game was cancelled, or is being planned to be worked on after Ultimate. You never know.

D

Deleted member

Y'know I really find the Miissing Mii Costume to be very suspicious. He knows he's popular as he already stated yet nothing?
He stated that here:

"Interviewer: And that's why you included him as a Mii Costume this time around?

Sakurai: Yes. He's incredibly popular. Even though he's an old character, we keep getting loads of votes and requests for us to put him in the game. Even though he still isn't in as a playable fighter, I made sure he'd be in as a Mii costume so his fans would at least feel that they got something."

He made sure to include Geno as a Mii Costume so we would feel like we would at least get something right? but now we're in this weird scenario where we don't have the Mii Costume but that could be because either A) He thought the Spirit was enough or B) He's actually a playable character.

I really doubt Sakurai would do a bonus Mii Costume pack for cut Mii Costumes as some people talk about such a scenario. We did get Mii Costumes unrelated to the Fighters last time but with how they're doing Mii Costumes and characters now the fighters and costumes go hand-in-hand there only really seems to be costumes when fighters release and vice-versa so there's no real room for such a scenario to happen as they are too closely intertwined.

The only way I could see something like that happening is if there was to be a Bonus DLC character that was once a Mii Costume but got upgraded with the other Costumes returning alongside it. Why a Mii Costume upgrade? The way I see it is it just makes sense say Geno does get in as a Bonus DLC character since he was a Mii Costume in Smash 4 I could see him bringing the other cut Smash 4 Mii costumes alongside him and potentially some SMRPG costumes.

But I digress, I could only see one of the two scenarios I mentioned play out. Either Sakurai thinks the Spirit is enough or He's playable. I find the Spirit scenario also a bit weird, Sakurai is not only a fan of Geno ("Geno was actually a character I wanted to include as a fighter. He has a gun for an arm, and just seems like he'd fit absolutely perfectly into Smash.") but he's also very well aware of his popularity.

Going back to the article we've used within the same sentence of saying he wanted the fans to feel like they got something he also said "Yes. He's incredibly popular. Even though he's an old character, we keep getting loads of votes and requests for us to put him in the game." which shows that Sakurai knows of Geno's popularity. IIRC he never even spoke about K. Rool's popularity nor Banjo's popularity before them both getting in. Obviously he's aware of their popularity since they're in but Sakurai explicitly mentions how popular Geno is but that's besides the point.

With Sakurai 1) Liking Geno 2) Wanting Geno in Smash since not only Brawl but also Smash 4, 3) Knowing that Geno is very popular and 4) Wanting to give the fans something similar to playing as Geno through the Mii Costume in 4 yet to cut it in Smash Ultimate all that combined it's really weird and I'm iffy on Sakurai thinking the Spirit is enough for the fans all things considered.
So yeah all of that combined I find it suspicious.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
You know, I don't have the exact quote but I do agree with whoever it was that said that Jill Valentine, Geno, and Doomslayer could be coming to Smash. They all feel pretty reasonable to me and I feel the last two are extremely likely. I do think Leon would get first boat though but then again, who am I to say?

Also, on the Alucard thing. I feel like that quote completely contradicts a post he made about the ballot. The post said that the Belmonts, K Rool, and Ridley got in due to the ballot, yet he stated that he chose to put in the Belmonts over Alucard. I find it hard to believe that not one, not two, but three Castlevania characters got so many votes in the ballot.

"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"

Really would like to discuss the Castlevania thing, to be honest, since it does regard the ballot and probably Geno

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Y'know I really find the Miissing Mii Costume to be very suspicious. He knows he's popular as he already stated yet nothing?
He stated that here:

"Interviewer: And that's why you included him as a Mii Costume this time around?

Sakurai: Yes. He's incredibly popular. Even though he's an old character, we keep getting loads of votes and requests for us to put him in the game. Even though he still isn't in as a playable fighter, I made sure he'd be in as a Mii costume so his fans would at least feel that they got something."

He made sure to include Geno as a Mii Costume so we would feel like we would at least get something right? but now we're in this weird scenario where we don't have the Mii Costume but that could be because either A) He thought the Spirit was enough or B) He's actually a playable character.

I really doubt Sakurai would do a bonus Mii Costume pack for cut Mii Costumes as some people talk about such a scenario. We did get Mii Costumes unrelated to the Fighters last time but with how they're doing Mii Costumes and characters now the fighters and costumes go hand-in-hand there only really seems to be costumes when fighters release and vice-versa so there's no real room for such a scenario to happen as they are too closely intertwined.

The only way I could see something like that happening is if there was to be a Bonus DLC character that was once a Mii Costume but got upgraded with the other Costumes returning alongside it. Why a Mii Costume upgrade? The way I see it is it just makes sense say Geno does get in as a Bonus DLC character since he was a Mii Costume in Smash 4 I could see him bringing the other cut Smash 4 Mii costumes alongside him and potentially some SMRPG costumes.

But I digress, I could only see one of the two scenarios I mentioned play out. Either Sakurai thinks the Spirit is enough or He's playable. I find the Spirit scenario also a bit weird, Sakurai is not only a fan of Geno ("Geno was actually a character I wanted to include as a fighter. He has a gun for an arm, and just seems like he'd fit absolutely perfectly into Smash.") but he's also very well aware of his popularity.

Going back to the article we've used within the same sentence of saying he wanted the fans to feel like they got something he also said "Yes. He's incredibly popular. Even though he's an old character, we keep getting loads of votes and requests for us to put him in the game." which shows that Sakurai knows of Geno's popularity. IIRC he never even spoke about K. Rool's popularity nor Banjo's popularity before them both getting in. Obviously he's aware of their popularity since they're in but Sakurai explicitly mentions how popular Geno is but that's besides the point.

With Sakurai 1) Liking Geno 2) Wanting Geno in Smash since not only Brawl but also Smash 4, 3) Knowing that Geno is very popular and 4) Wanting to give the fans something similar to playing as Geno through the Mii Costume in 4 yet to cut it in Smash Ultimate all that combined it's really weird and I'm iffy on Sakurai thinking the Spirit is enough for the fans all things considered.
So yeah all of that combined I find it suspicious.
Too add to that, I remember hearing somewhere that K. Rool's costume was added to 4 in part because he was so popular on the Smash ballot. Later down the line, we get Geno's costume which received even more fanfare than K. Rool's (it was the only one to get a splash screen), indicating that Sakurai thought he was an even *bigger* deal to fans. So why, if K. Rool got in based on his popularity, did we not also get Geno? Well, don't forget that Square was pushing to make Cloud DLC. If it was such a struggle to get a veteran in the base game, there was no way Geno could be anything but DLC.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Well, there is the pancake theory, we were just missing that.

Then again, maybe that game was cancelled, or is being planned to be worked on after Ultimate. You never know.
The only way to find out is if there's a buffer period between the end of DLC and the start of Smash 6, and for all we know that's years off from now (especially if the DLC cycle turns out to be longer than expected).

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, there is the pancake theory, we were just missing that.
Hmmm, pancakes, bacon and eggs, part of this nutritious breakfast...

The only way to find out is if there's a buffer period between the end of DLC and the start of Smash 6, and for all we know that's years off from now (especially if the DLC cycle turns out to be longer than expected).
Perhaps so. But in the end, that figure could be for literally anything, really.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Do you guys really have a doubt about Sakurai not being able to do Geno how it should he? I mean, look the perfect work Sakurai and his team have done bringing back characters such as Mega Man or Banjo-Kazooie (which we haven’t seen all yet) but it’s definitely a 100% perfect job. Not only their designs, but also their move sets, programming, animations, sounds and music.

So the thing is, if Geno gets it (which I think is a YES), he would obviously have all his canonical and essentials stuff.

Sakurai’s and his team job have been clean and flawless. They didn’t release the Mii Costume again cause they know it’s time to come “Full Circle” and release a playable Geno sooner than later. Probably we will see the reveal during 2019 and he will be playable at 2020.

It’s Geno’s time. Sakurai knows how to does it and how to entertain and please the audience. I don’t care about the remaining DLC as long as Geno gets in playable (as FP or later). I think we will get Crash and Doomguy. But I’m grateful and really satisfied with Mega Man and Banjo in there. I just kind of felt of sad but I can tolerate anyway, the lack of other beloved ones for me like Skull Kid, Knuckles and Zero. But right now, and in this Smash, given his faithful demand, acknowledge and love; the only one 100% that needs to happen and for me the Dream Roster is complete, is Geno. He is a MUST.

Also, don’t forget that this Smash have been very “Back to the roots”. So don’t lose hope. What a better way to finish this with the Star Hero from SNES. He has never been so alive, after almost 24 years. It’s unbelievable..
I agree I think it's crazy to think Geno would make it in and not be true to himself simply because Sakurai referred to Geno as having a gun for an arm. I mean of course Sakurai isn't going to sit there and list off everything that Geno is capable of doing. It's only expected that he would sum it up in a brief and concise statement (that in typical Nintendo fashion is rather vague). The work that the team has put into this game speaks for itself. Even characters who aren't necessarily true to themselves feel like they would naturally use the moves that are made up for them. Everything feels so smooth and polished even clunkier characters. So let's stress about Geno making it first then we can stress about how he plays. Geno would be a DLC character in Ultimate and so far DLC characters have spared no expense to be fluid and inspired heavily by their characters and franchises.

On a totally different note unrelated to the post I replied to above, can we please stop insulting Piranha Plant so much? Before I go on this long rant please understand that I know that this isn't that big of a problem on this thread but I see it everywhere and still see it here and I'm so fed up with it. I actually really enjoy playing as the plant and there is no other fighters remotely like it in the game. It's really rude to constantly rag on the fighter and act like it doesn't belong in the game. Sure its a gimmick and joke character but it DOES belong in Smash if only because it fills a gameplay niche no else really naturally could while still being as iconic. I don't sit here and complain about Incineroar being in even though it's just ANOTHER Pokemon and a Pokemon I didn't personally want in. But Incineroar grew on me and I totally accept that it makes sense since it fills a niche previously untouched in Smash. Pokemon except for arguably Mewtwo, Pikachu, and maybe Greninja aren't really characters either they are also just generic enemies if you will in their games so Piranha Plant isn't even the first fighter to be "generic". So if it's a new and unique character just stop getting all bent out of shape about them being in. I understand that there are characters people want infinity times more that can also be unique, but that doesn't mean that Piranha Plant should be hated on so much or not be in the game. Ok I'm done.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Also, on the Alucard thing. I feel like that quote completely contradicts a post he made about the ballot. The post said that the Belmonts, K Rool, and Ridley got in due to the ballot, yet he stated that he chose to put in the Belmonts over Alucard. I find it hard to believe that not one, not two, but three Castlevania characters got so many votes in the ballot.
Richter didn't get in over Alucard because he was a popular ballot request, he got in because Simon had to get in (obviously) and Richter uses a whip, where Alucard doesn't.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Hold up... Sakurai had eggs and ham for breakfast this week?

Brace yourselves, y'all. We're getting Sam-I-Am in Smash, and there's nothing we can do about it.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Bacon and eggs? Sounds like some good bed and breakfast food. You know which character is first seen at a bed and breakfast?
G E N O
C O N F I R M E D.

D

Deleted member

Hold up... Sakurai had eggs and ham for breakfast this week?

Brace yourselves, y'all. We're getting Sam-I-Am in Smash, and there's nothing we can do about it.
Those fighters will not like Green Eggs and Ham. They will not like them, Sam-I-Am!

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Not related to Geno, but does anyone else wish we had the Heroine alts with Hero?

I wanted to play as the DQ4 Heroine :(
Literally the biggest tragedy of FP2, I am 99% sure that is Squeenix meddling that caused Sofia's and Femdrick's demise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom