• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
What happened to all of the Krystal fans, by the by? Are they just waiting for Smash 6?
I'm still here, undercover in threads of other equally non-playable characters. It's all part of my master plan to [REDACTED]
Today is my 1 year Smashboards anniversary and hence my 1 year anniversary of posting on this thread. Bittersweet because a year later and Geno is still not playable in SSBU but at the same time I feel like my time here has been great because I've met a bunch of people who have passion and love for the character and SMRPG as much as I do (even moreso at times) and if anything I might actually appreciate SMRPG/Geno more just from talking about them so often.

Thanks to you all for making this thread a cool place to discuss Geno and all things Smash-related!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Have some Geno cake.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Having a time frame on when DLC started would be nice. Had to have been pretty early if Hero was known by last July. I also think it started earlier than we think because of the full blown cutscenes we are getting because high quality, 3D animation takes a lot of time to do. Sakurai probably won't be willing to admit it up front but I feel like the evidence is stacking up that they did indeed take a "finish it later" approach to this game like they did Kirby Star Allies.
While I do think Ultimate could have probably used a little bit more development time for certain things and the game was almost certainly required to release in 2018 to fill Nintendo's release lineup, I don't think the evidence necessarily supports a "finish it later" approach. Certainly not anywhere close to the extent that Kirby Star Allies and Mario Tennis Aces did it. There was a clear plan at the beginning of the project for all returning veterans, a limited selection of newcomers, and mostly returning stages with a compromised way of returning Adventure mode in World of Light. Almost all of the major content related stuff made it in to release for the game, with only a handful of notable exceptions and mistakes with stuff like the Newcomer cut scenes being missing from the game and Chrom's initial victory theme. The main ideas behind Ultimate were pretty much all there in some form.

The only really missing content comes in the form of stuff like Home Run Contest, Stage Builder, and Piranha Plant. Stage Builder seems like something that was intended for base game for sure, but missed the cut off and I will say modes did feel somewhat missing on Day 1. Home Run Contest also similarly feels like such an easy type of content to bring back and has been a staple of the series. Then Piranha Plant was clearly intended for base roster with how he was downright playable in the November Direct and is the only DLC character to have a Guidance.

That said, my theory has actually been that they were running into size limitations with Ultimate. Ultimate clocks in at 15.9 GB of data, which means it barely fits on to a 16 GB Switch card. We've been told in the past that 32 GB cards are more expensive to produce and have previously seen this in action with how Dragon Quest Heroes I and II retailed at a higher price than other Switch games at launch in Japan. I think Nintendo did not want to absorb the cost of a higher data card with their biggest money maker of the year and one of their most important games on the system. They couldn't get away with releasing it at a higher price point with the market and didn't want to pay the difference. I think that it makes the most sense as to why a simple mode like Home Run Contest may not have made it in, why the music situation occasionally runs into weird places with missing tracks or otherwise cut down songs like the DK rap, why there are so few cut scenes in World of Light and why the handful of newcomer trailers were not included in Ultimate like they were in Smash 4 previously. I don't have a ton to back that up, but I think it would make a lot of sense as to why some things in Ultimate are the way they are.

I also think, Nintendo just really wanted DLC for the game and made plans for it very early on. It's definitely possible (and I'd say even likely) that the project plan was progressing as intended and Nintendo just started development and planning for future DLC so they could roll right along into the Fighter's Pass at launch and continue the hype for the game.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that they set aside 1300 characters that they were CERTAIN would never be playable, especially considering work for spirits would have to have been long before Nintendo gave Sakurai the DLC list.
Even if Spirits do deconfirm, I sincerely doubt that would be how they would have approached this problem. You'd just develop all the Spirits for the game early on with that specific team, and then present the list to Sakurai when finished. Sakurai would look at the Spirit List and then just ask to remove the ones that would overlap with DLC. Change the thinking from they intentionally set aside 1300 characters would not be playable to they removed the Spirits they knew would be playable in the Fighter's Pass. It's pretty easy to drop a handful of spirits from the game when you have 1300 of them. All of the base content in Smash Ultimate, however, would only cause issues as far as the Fighter's Pass. If they develop content outside of the pass, then I guarantee all bets are pretty well off.

Again, not saying I think Spirits deconfirm, but I think that's how you would approach that issue of potential overlap and DLC issues with Spirits.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Well I would say that if negotiations begain near the beginning of 2018 for DLC they would have known who was going to be the five DLC fighters. They would've turn characters that weren't part of the Fighters Pass as Spirits. It's not that Spirits Deconfirm characters, it's more like these characters were turn into Spirits because they was no plans for them as DLC.

Though I will say they could've turn Geno and Mallow into Spirits to throw people off on speculation or have some content for people in the base game. Seeing how they're willing to have World of Light stuff in newcomer trailers with The Hero reveal they could probably do something where Mario, Peach, and Bowser are fighting shadow version of characters and Geno's spirit regains his form to help out.
It's more that negotiations with third parties for base game content and negotiations with them for DLC sound very separated. They may well have negotiated for Geno as a spirit and added him in before Nintendo started planning the DLC, meaning both negotiations wouldn't have had much bearing on one another.

That said, I do believe the Fighter's Pass won't have spirit promotions, but I don't think it necessarily stops a character from being DLC in the future. The only question is if they'll even do more DLC. You'd think that they would, given they found reason to invest in DLC (including free DLC) for a lot of their other titles (even freaking Captain Toad), but it's also likely that they won't (see MK8D and Super Mario Party). It's so up in the air. I sincerely don't think Geno is in the Fighter's Pass, but if anything happens outside of the pass, then all bets are off. I'm just not counting on it. The reality for Geno, alas, is very bleak for Ultimate... although I do think his future otherwise looks brighter than ever, thanks to Banjo's return.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice, how likely do you think Geno's chances are now?
It's really ambiguous. I've been saying since January that Hero was probably the first DLC character decided, likely to have hit snags due to legal issues (maybe even originally been planned for base) and I seriously doubt it had an impact on Geno's chances. Beyond that, there's a lot of things that we've talked about in circles:

-Sakurai's statements in 2016
-how the Geno costume was treated when it came out
-Geno not being an assist trophy despite how other similarly popular characters ended up this way
-The above point made even stranger by how they bothered to negotiate AT content for Monster Hunter, Fatal Frame, Shovel Knight, and even Virtua Fighter
-Nintendo's odd nods and references to SMRPG
-The Vifam figure that we can presume was used for the movements and poses of a future character
-Banjo ****in' Kazooie being in the game, torpedoing a lot of the cynical views that people had about Nintendo being involved in choosing characters
-How Geno not being in the game at all at launch would have been a huge red flag
-How the costume isn't necessarily a death knoll since it would be a simple port instead of being totally brand new
-How Joker, Hero, and Banjo pretty much prove that Sakurai can add whoever he wants and that Nintendo's probably happy to help make it a reality

Honestly, I don't know. My thoughts right now is that, if he's in, he's probably the last character because he fills a very similar niche that Bayonetta did in Smash 4: kind of an obscure character that has a lot of significance with the Smash fanbase. As things right now, I can't think of very many characters with his level of popularity that fill this niche. Consider this data. 45,000+ votes and Geno's in top ten for newcomers and top 5 for third party newcomers. It's very HMMMM inducing when you look at this as a whole and see what became what, including a couple of characters who did notably worse than Geno become playable. Going into E3, I was more on the negative side but Hero and especially Banjo were definitely game changers so it upends a lot of thoughts that I previously had.

Pokemaster73

Smash Cadet
Personally I'm more confident than ever thanks to Banjo's inclusion. I think it's very possible he'll be one of the two remaining characters. We'll have to see what the Mii costumes coming with the Hero are. If he's not there, then that will be a very big "hmmm."

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Personally I'm more confident than ever thanks to Banjo's inclusion. I think it's very possible he'll be one of the two remaining characters. We'll have to see what the Mii costumes coming with the Hero are. If he's not there, then that will be a very big "hmmm."
So what’s the consensus? If Geno’s costume shows up in Hero’s DLC pack do we think his chances take a huge hit? Or is it possible they would include it regardless because they already had the costume and they want to keep his eventual inclusion a surprise?

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
You know something we don't? I'd be pretty satisfied with this
Nah, I just this makes a lot of sense. The FPS and Survival Horror are the last big genres not represented in Smash (or least ones that would work in Smash). Finish the Fighter Pass off with those and then make the fan favorite Geno the final bonus fighter. It makes sense to me. Admittedly, the Geno part is something I'm not as confident in, but who knows.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So what’s the consensus? If Geno’s costume shows up in Hero’s DLC pack do we think his chances take a huge hit? Or is it possible they would include it regardless because they already had the costume and they want to keep his eventual inclusion a surprise?
I'd personally say that his chances take a massive hit AND that possibility exists. We shouldn't expect him if the costume returns, unless they do more DLC in the future.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
If the costume comes back then yeah, it's dead Jim.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
It's more that negotiations with third parties for base game content and negotiations with them for DLC sound very separated. They may well have negotiated for Geno as a spirit and added him in before Nintendo started planning the DLC, meaning both negotiations wouldn't have had much bearing on one another.

That said, I do believe the Fighter's Pass won't have spirit promotions, but I don't think it necessarily stops a character from being DLC in the future. The only question is if they'll even do more DLC. You'd think that they would, given they found reason to invest in DLC (including free DLC) for a lot of their other titles (even freaking Captain Toad), but it's also likely that they won't (see MK8D and Super Mario Party). It's so up in the air. I sincerely don't think Geno is in the Fighter's Pass, but if anything happens outside of the pass, then all bets are off. I'm just not counting on it. The reality for Geno, alas, is very bleak for Ultimate... although I do think his future otherwise looks brighter than ever, thanks to Banjo's return.
Yeah, if there's more DLC then characters that are Assist Trophies, Mii Costumes and Spirits will totally be upgraded into Fighters. Mostly because of the backlash they got from all the deconfirmations.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yeah, if there's more DLC then characters that are Assist Trophies, Mii Costumes and Spirits will totally be upgraded into Fighters. Mostly because of the backlash they got from all the deconfirmations.
Nintendo is listening to us, listening more than I even thought (the fact that the Duck Hunt meme over Banjo-Kazooie got to them still astounds me). We may get a miracle, but I would really only consider it that: a miracle.

I think Geno coming back is likelier than it's ever been, though, despite his chances for Ultimate looking bleak. Remember, the end of a battle is not the end of a war... and us fans are always going to do our best to keep him alive. I'm excited to keep making content for y'all! I know there's someone else on Twitter, too, who makes a LOT of Geno content, almost on the daily. Check them out! Their style is very cute.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
If the Mii Costume returns it is almost certainly done for him that said there's still a slight, Slight chance for it to be a fake out. In all honesty we cannot predict Sakurai no matter what we think we cannot predict Sakurai. We thought Steve was for sure going to get in over Banjo and that Banjo is nothing but a pipe dream a few months back but look what happened! We got Banjo! While I think if the Mii costume returns it's almost certainly a disconfirmation we still cannot predict Sakurai.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I’m not sure whether or not getting the Geno costume would be a death sentence or not since the costumes have a high likelihood of being planned out in advance like the DLC. All I am going to say is that if we don’t get playable Geno OR Mii Geno by the end of DLC development, I’ll be mildy upset.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
dsmGaKWMeHXe9QuJtq_ys30PNfTGnMsRuHuo_MUzGCg.jpg

It's really hard to say... The Mii costume is kind of expected at this point so it not coming back would raise a ton of red flags so bringing it back would coincidentally be the best way to keep him a secret.

link2702

Smash Champion
Actually, Nintendo came to Sakurai in January 2018 saying that they'll be doing DLC for Ultimate, which was well after the rest of the project plan. He stated this in his Famitsu column.

It's also part of why I'm hard-pressed to believe spirits deconfirm characters, especially third party ones. Surely those deals had already been made and took some time, and they wouldn't undo all of those just to eliminate a PNG in the game until DLC. It would be a tremendous waste of time.
Was that truly what sakurai said? I’ve constantly gotten mixed accounts of what his actual quote was. The one I’ve most heard was that Nintendo had a list of potential dlc, then asked sakurai which ones he felt he could make work/which he wanted from the list.

So if it’s that, then it’s actually a matter of how big that list was, and who was on it, it also meant that sakurai still had a bit of freedom to choose, after all, would joker of all characters really have made it if sakurai bias wasn’t a factor there?

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I don't know where you get the idea of "If Mii Costume"...

For me, it is pretty obvious that the Mii Costume will return with The Hero Release. Why? Cuz' they already made it, they have it and they can charge us for it.
However, be afraid of a New SMRPG costume, imagine if we get the Geno Costume back along with a Mallow Mii Costume... that would kill Geno chances for me, because if they have in mind to get Geno too then launch it with a bunch of SMRPG stuff would be neat.

If it's just the Geno Mii Costume (Chocobo's Hat, Slime Hat and more DQ stuff) then don't worry, that by itself doesn't kill all of Geno's chances.

For sure, this is just my opinion. But I have no fear in that costume, I even want it rn.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So on Geno being a bonus character like Piranha Plant, I don't see that happening. I believe Piranha Plant will be the exception to that because he was probably planned for the base game, but didn't make it due to time constraints so they moved him over for the DLC lineup. If Geno get's in, he will be in the Season Pass or the 2nd if we get another.

It's really ambiguous. I've been saying since January that Hero was probably the first DLC character decided, likely to have hit snags due to legal issues (maybe even originally been planned for base) and I seriously doubt it had an impact on Geno's chances. Beyond that, there's a lot of things that we've talked about in circles:

-Sakurai's statements in 2016
-how the Geno costume was treated when it came out
-Geno not being an assist trophy despite how other similarly popular characters ended up this way
-The above point made even stranger by how they bothered to negotiate AT content for Monster Hunter, Fatal Frame, Shovel Knight, and even Virtua Fighter
-Nintendo's odd nods and references to SMRPG
-The Vifam figure that we can presume was used for the movements and poses of a future character
-Banjo ****in' Kazooie being in the game, torpedoing a lot of the cynical views that people had about Nintendo being involved in choosing characters
-How Geno not being in the game at all at launch would have been a huge red flag
-How the costume isn't necessarily a death knoll since it would be a simple port instead of being totally brand new
-How Joker, Hero, and Banjo pretty much prove that Sakurai can add whoever he wants and that Nintendo's probably happy to help make it a reality

Honestly, I don't know. My thoughts right now is that, if he's in, he's probably the last character because he fills a very similar niche that Bayonetta did in Smash 4: kind of an obscure character that has a lot of significance with the Smash fanbase. As things right now, I can't think of very many characters with his level of popularity that fill this niche. Consider this data. 45,000+ votes and Geno's in top ten for newcomers and top 5 for third party newcomers. It's very HMMMM inducing when you look at this as a whole and see what became what, including a couple of characters who did notably worse than Geno become playable. Going into E3, I was more on the negative side but Hero and especially Banjo were definitely game changers so it upends a lot of thoughts that I previously had.
I think the fact that a Ballot pick like Banjo & Kazooie being in the Season Pass really ups the chances of other characters that did well on the Ballot to appear like Geno, Shantae, or Bandana Dee. I'm sure if we get more Ballot picks in the Season Pass, it will be one or two of those three.

Firox

Smash Master
Personally, I don't think that the costume can be treated as a solid de-confirm since there are a lot of newcomers in the game that got costumes despite their inclusion simply because Nintendo already had them and wanted to make an easy buck. It would make logical sense that if Nintendo were going to recycle Geno's costume, they'd do it BEFORE releasing the real Geno. That said, I do think that his costume appearing would drop his chances to less than 10%. If his costume DOESN'T appear with Hero or Banjo, then his chances skyrocket to 90%. I'd be much happier to NOT see it, but logically and logistically speaking, Nintendo's double dip strategy is far and away the most likely.

Also, and sorry to the staunch Sakurai fans out there, but I'm going to be LIVID if Geno ultimately doesn't end up in the game when you consider who made it in over him. Banjo, Cloud, Bayo, Hero and Joker are proof that if he REALLY wants something, he can get it. I have full faith in his capabilities. However, if adding a generic Mario enemy has more priority than Geno, then I wouldn't ever expect the puppet to get in as long as Sakurai is at the helm. It would mean that, for whatever reason, he's deliberately decided to omit Geno. I can't imagine for what reason that would be the case, especially given what he's said in the past, but neither can I see any other real barrier left to block the way. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things pan out.

Last edited:

Pokemaster73

Smash Cadet
Personally, I don't think that the costume can be treated as a solid de-confirm since there are a lot of newcomers in the game that got costumes despite their inclusion simply because Nintendo already had them and wanted to make an easy buck. It would make logical sense that if Nintendo were going to recycle Geno's costume, they'd do it BEFORE releasing the real Geno. That said, I do think that his costume appearing would drop his chances to less than 10%. If his costume DOESN'T appear with Hero or Banjo, then his chances skyrocket to 90%. I'd be much happier to NOT see it, but logically and logistically speaking, Nintendo's double dip strategy is far and away the most likely.
I wouldn't put it past Sakurai and his team to do a classic bait and switch by showing the Geno Mii costume and then either showing his reveal trailer or revealing him at a later point.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wouldn't put it past Sakurai and his team to do a classic bait and switch by showing the Geno Mii costume and then either showing his reveal trailer or revealing him at a later point.
Something like the Mii costume getting revealed before the character has never happened before. But we can't predict Sakurai.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
They will just have the Donkey Kong fake out trailer for the 3rd time where It's a Mii wearing the Geno costume and Geno comes to kick it's ass.

Apparently everyone knows where Donkey Kong lives because it is the hip place to be.

Last edited:

Theanimator10

Smash Cadet
For Geno, we should be looking into the furure for a 2nd dlc wave. We should be getting insider knowledge about the possibilities of it happening and/or what we as fans can do to make enough noise to make a second season possible. It needs to start now. We can't sit around and hope and wait to see if he's revealed in this set. If he's in, awesome! We can just end up getting more characters. If he's not, the his chances grow tremendously. We need to get the attention of a higher level person like someone like Phil Spencer, but for Geno's side. Phil mentioned the fan support and that it made Banjo an easier choice. But we need to try and get the talk of a second pass of some sort going.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
They will just have the Donkey Kong fake out trailer for the 3rd time where It's a Mii wearing the Geno costume and Geno comes to kick it's ***.

Apparently everyone knows where Donkey Kong lives because it is the hip place to be.
That's funny, because I've had a dream where they showed off the Mii costume for Geno like, "Hey, it's back, and we improved some stuff on it, too! We altered some texturing and stuff to really give you that Geno experience!

"... but that isn't what you want, is it?"

... and then Geno came in and whirled the Mii into space.

I know it won't happen, but I'd absolutely love it.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm going to take the Mii costume as a straight deconfirmation honestly. Saying Sakurai is playing some sort of game of 4D chess with fan expectations has never been something I put much stock into, and the whole, "He'll put the Mii costume in to throw us off the trail so we don't get suspicious" feels like the "He was just lowering our expectations when he said not to expect too many newcomers" that I loathed last year to be honest. I think Sakurai is 100% the person we take at face value for his comments and actions.

Now I'm not saying Geno is completely dead in the event of a Mii costume. Sakurai could easily decide on a second wave of DLC or a bonus character and decide to release Geno in another form, but I think it absolutely proves that Geno is not planned at the time of reveal and is not currently coming. And we've yet to see a character rise from a non-playable role to playable in the same game, and while that's essentially another fan rule that can be easily broken, I do think it's a serious precedent that has been set so far and I just won't put too much stock into his future with Ultimate in that moment. And while the absence of the Mii costume will certainly raise my suspicions, I'm also not going to be able to go all in on Geno as playable at that point either. There's an unfortunate timeline where all Geno really gets is just a Spirit. Which would suck for everyone here and basically be the worst timeline, but again, I don't think Sakurai honestly cares enough to play around with reveals and fan expectations like that. Content usually speaks for itself in Smash and I'm going to take him at his word for most of speculation despite my renewed hope for Geno.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
At this point, I think Geno is my most wanted of all the "realistic" picks, so I guess I'll just say my piece.

His chances are really ambiguous at the moment because almost all arguments you could make for him could go both ways. For example, we now have Dragon Quest from Square represented in Smash, so it probably wouldn't be as difficult to get Geno as was initially thought. On the other hand though,it could have been a case of either of the two parties wanting one or the other, and they went with Hero over Geno. With inclusions such as Ridley, King K. Rool, and now Banjo & Kazooie, it's very clear that Sakurai is listening to fan requests and taking them to heart, though what if Geno wasn't QUITE high enough on that list for him to make the cut? The Spirits argument is really ambiguous and I'm not sure we're getting a clear answer until they reveal the rest of the Fighters Pass (though if they reveal a first party character like Porky or Sylux who just so happens to not be a Spirit, that's gonna be pretty suspect). Sakurai has gone on record saying that he thinks Geno could be an interesting character in terms of moveset, but despite that, for one reason or another he hasn't been included in Brawl or Smash 4, so it's still very much likely he won't be in Ultimate either for similar reasons.

With all that said, I think Geno has a decent shot and with Hero and Banjo & Kazooie being added, his chances are higher than ever. But I'm not expecting him to make the roster so I won't end up disappointed if he doesn't. It will be easy to get over, since I already got my most wanted in King K. Rool, but it would still be a bummer, so best to not set myself up for disappointment.

Guess I'll be sticking to the Geno thread for awhile like I did with Banjo & Kazooie before their announcement. How are yall doing?

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
alright so i just came back home from millitary where i was there for a whole week and i decided to complete my Boomer model when i was there.
i actually started modeling him back in late 2017 but forgot about completing him until this week came in
i gotta say his design was complicated because of the shadows on his official model so i did a little design update to it to make more sense
also his 2nd color is the full power mode and use KO moves

oh and congrats on reaching 1000 pages on the Geno thread!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If and when the costume does show itself, I imagine it'll be when the DQ Hero gets a more in-depth showcase. Square seems notoriously fickle about the spotlight, so, like last time, I reckon all their content will show up at once, bundled only with other Square stuff. Like how last time the Geno costume and Chocobo hat got their own wave to themselves.

And I'm sure if we end up getting his costume this thread will try to rationalize so as to keep hope afloat, but I suspect deep down many will know that at that point it'll sadly be time to call it for the doll this time around.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
If and when the costume does show itself, I imagine it'll be when the DQ Hero gets a more in-depth showcase. Square seems notoriously fickle about the spotlight, so, like last time, I reckon all their content will show up at once, bundled only with other Square stuff. Like how last time the Geno costume and Chocobo hat got their own wave to themselves.

And I'm sure if we end up getting his costume this thread will try to rationalize so as to keep hope afloat, but I suspect deep down many will know that at that point it'll sadly be time to call it for the doll this time around.
Meh.... Isaac is my most wanted and he has spirits, an AT, and a Mii costume. I still support him despite all that even though I know it’s not realistic he makes it in Ultimate. I’ll continue to do the same for Geno. Nothing is impossible despite how unlikely it may seem.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Meh.... Isaac is my most wanted and he has spirits, an AT, and a Mii costume. I still support him despite all that even though I know it’s not realistic he makes it in Ultimate. I’ll continue to do the same for Geno. Nothing is impossible despite how unlikely it may seem.
Alright. It won't amount to anything, but there's no harm in it.

Though supporting a character and accepting their lack of playability are not mutually exclusive.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's vitally important for mental health to keep up hope for the sake of it, not founded on a belief or an expectation in some external factor you have no control over.

When all's set and done, I am confident we will maintain our famous and hard-won resilience regardless of the outcome.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yeah, it's vitally important for mental health to keep up hope for the sake of it, not founded on a belief or an expectation in some external factor you have no control over.

When all's set and done, I am confident we will maintain our famous and hard-won resilience regardless of the outcome.
I certainly hope so. I refuse to let our support for Geno die out if he's deconfirmed. After all, Smash is but one battle. There is also the possibility of future DLC and other Mario games, namely future Mario RPGs. We have to fight louder and harder than ever before now.

NEVER GIVE UP! Even if he doesn't make it to Ultimate, there's SO much opportunity for us to see Geno return! WE MUST ALWAYS LOOK TO THE FUTURE! Let's go, pals!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just wish Square and Nintendo would get close enough again to invest in another game with each other. It's obvious that Nintendo has a stake in making DQ as big over here as they can get it to be but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about a new foray into a world like they did with Mario. If we could get a love letter of a game like Super Mario RPG with their modern sense of artistic integrity like we see in Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy VII Remake it would be a true masterpiece.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I certainly hope so. I refuse to let our support for Geno die out if he's deconfirmed. After all, Smash is but one battle. There is also the possibility of future DLC and other Mario games, namely future Mario RPGs. We have to fight louder and harder than ever before now.

NEVER GIVE UP! Even if he doesn't make it to Ultimate, there's SO much opportunity for us to see Geno return! WE MUST ALWAYS LOOK TO THE FUTURE! Let's go, pals!
This is exactly what I was saying in the Banjo & Kazooie thread when everyone started losing hope when something remotely seemed like it would ruin their chances (a new Banjo-Kazooie game not being at Microsoft's conference, Sabi receiving a C&D from Nintendo, probably more I'm forgetting).

Don't ever give up hope guys, because it may just happen. I know it sounds pretty cliche, but sometimes all you have to do is just believe.

How fitting for a character who needs to rebuild the Star Road so it can grant wishes, huh?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
This is exactly what I was saying in the Banjo & Kazooie thread when everyone started losing hope when something remotely seemed like it would ruin their chances (a new Banjo-Kazooie game not being at Microsoft's conference, Sabi receiving a C&D from Nintendo, probably more I'm forgetting).

Don't ever give up hope guys, because it may just happen. I know it sounds pretty cliche, but sometimes all you have to do is just believe.

How fitting for a character who needs to rebuild the Star Road so it can grant wishes, huh?
The best way of showing our support is by keeping Geno alive with our love and passion. My way of doing so is drawing lots of art of him, and goodness knows there's no sign of me stopping. He's too much fun to doodle! Besides, even if he doesn't make it for Ultimate, maybe AlphaDream's mysterious project they've been working on for presumably a few years will hold the key to Star Road.

By the by, FELLOW BANJO PAL! Welcome to the Geno thread!

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
The best way of showing our support is by keeping Geno alive with our love and passion. My way of doing so is drawing lots of art of him, and goodness knows there's no sign of me stopping. He's too much fun to doodle! Besides, even if he doesn't make it for Ultimate, maybe AlphaDream's mysterious project they've been working on for presumably a few years will hold the key to Star Road.

By the by, FELLOW BANJO PAL! Welcome to the Geno thread!
Banjo & Kazooie weren't necessarily my most wanted, I mainly only started going there for leak discussion. Never even played a Banjo-Kazooie game.

So I have no idea how they suddenly became my third favorite newcomer behind K. Rool and Piranha Plant.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Banjo & Kazooie weren't necessarily my most wanted, I mainly only started going there for leak discussion. Never even played a Banjo-Kazooie game.

So I have no idea how they suddenly became my third favorite newcomer behind K. Rool and Piranha Plant.
It's Rareware fever, I tells ya. It gets even the best of us...

... which reminds me that I need to replay B-K today for the first time in a few years, hoooo...

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace

Let's push to get him in Mario Kart next. Ooh, or Mario Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom