• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I love the memes this community comes up with.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Makes me wonder what would happen if Geno were to be revealed...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Resident Evil honestly wouldn't surprise me at this point, especially now that every mainline game is finding its way to Switch and Nintendo's issue with guns has long been put behind them. I would guess it would be another composite character, something like Jill, Chris, Claire, and Leon or something to that accord.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
My bets on the last two FP characters are Leon Kennedy and either Lloyd Irving or Crash Bandicoot. That's my guess right there.

Firox

Smash Master
This is so exciting! Now all we have to do is wait two months for Hero to drop....and then another two for BK....and then another two to find out that the next DLC will drop two after that....:psycho:

BTW, I just realized that DQ are the same initials for Dairy Queen, and BK are the same as Burger King. ROFL! I found a pattern guys! The next DLC will have something to do with TB! Taco Bell! (....oh, I'm so tired right now....)

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
My bets on the last two FP characters are Leon Kennedy and either Lloyd Irving or Crash Bandicoot. That's my guess right there.
If we keep the ideas as Capcom and Bandai Namco Rep. Then Why not Phoenix Wright instead of a RE Character, and from Bandai Namco TAIKO NO TATSUJI.... Lloyd Irving. (Dark Souls maybe too)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I love the memes this community comes up with.

Makes me wonder what would happen if Geno were to be revealed...
I think the whole Mario RPG gang would appear in Geno's trailer and cheer him on like the DK/Rare gang did for Banjo & Kazooie.

Last edited by a moderator:

MattX20

Smash Hero
If I had to guess, characters 4 and 5 will be released in winter of this year and February of 2020.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I've pretty much lost all hope in Geno, but I'm gonna at least ride it out until his mii costume is confirmed in the next smash direct or somthing.

Ideally; I want sans and Doomguy but honestly anyone could happen at this point, as long as they are third parties. I really hope we get at least one indie rep tho.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If I had to guess, characters 4 and 5 will be released in winter of this year and February of 2020.
That makes a ton of sense. One character for each season and the last will be released when this pass is supposed to end.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I've pretty much lost all hope in Geno, but I'm gonna at least ride it out until his mii costume is confirmed in the next smash direct or somthing.

Ideally; I want sans and Doomguy but honestly anyone could happen at this point, as long as they are third parties. I really hope we get at least one indie rep tho.
Haven't seen you in ages.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So... I guess we're back to figuratively (and possibly literally) blue balling until probably an August Direct with update 5.0. It's honestly amazing that each and every single one of us hasn't taken up drinking just from being in this fanbase. So we're now looking at a minimum of 9 months before we POTENTIALLY get a definitive answer on Geno's fate.

Last edited:

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
not to bring up hopes but remember when sakurai said he was given a list for him to choose to make into a character. who is to say Geno aint one of the 2

D

Deleted member

I'm kinda hoping Crash is one of the two remaining characters.

I also want Geno to be a bonus character if that happens

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Who /outlivedBanjoasatopdog/ here?

Maybe you did, but not for long. I'm sure Geno has SOME chance to be one of the two. I'm getting good vibes from Square recently, maybe they're chill after all

cybersai

Smash Ace
I think Geno could theoretically happen.....someday. After Ridley/K. Rool/Banjo, Geno is probably the longest requested character now. We know Sakurai wants him.

It's just a shame so much of his chances rely on Square, and I just don't see them choosing him over one of their franchises. Maybe someday we'll get him.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Capcom could get a Resident Evil character or a Monster Hunter character.

Namco could get a Tekken character or a Tales character.
If we assume Capcom and Namco are the last 2 Fighter Pass 'company packs', my money's on an RE character for Capcom (if we got Snake, Bayo, and Joker who has an ACTUAL GUN); I don't see why we couldn't get Leon, Jill, or Chris, though my money would be on a swappable Leon/Jill (similar to Bowser Jr., Olimar, and what I assume DQ Hero will be), since I feel like they could make that happen. Chris is bulkier and probably wouldn't fit as well animation-wise.

As for Namco, I've actually wanted Lloyd or Kratos for awhile (money would be on Lloyd over Kratos though); would be awesome to see a Tales game get a character, though I'd be hoping for a Symphonia one, since that's not only a personal bias (the only one I've really played through), but as far as the West is concerned, it was the first that really got attention and popularity.
Though I could also see a Monster Hunter being another option. There's so much potential for a moveset.

We know Sakurai wants him.
This is what kills me. The creator himself even wants him. Let the man have this one, he's done so freaking much for everyone. He even jokes about his work schedule and what it does to his health (I really do hope he gets that much needed extended vacation someday).

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Music's a bigger deal for this DLC than I originally thought it was. Grant Kirkhope brought up a good point in an interview they dropped today, they wrangled him to do the Banjo Kazooie music when they didn't even bother to get David Wise for K. Rool's stuff. That's why I'm trying to come up with other franchises that are well known for their music. Resident Evil really isn't. Phoenix Wright kind of is. Not sure about Tales. Halo is. Kingdom Hearts definitely is. I guess that's another thing about the 3 DLC characters so far is that they all come from games that have really iconic music and/or composers that are world renowned.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
You know what? I may end up a clown, I may end up dead wrong and off the money but I'm gonna do it. I predict that Geno will be either 1) In the fighters pass despite Erdrick or 2) End up as a Bonus Character ALA Piranha Plant in-fact I'll bet on it. If I'm wrong? Well I'll 1) Change my profile pic to a members choice for two months, 2) Write an Essay on whatever you all request and 3) Eat toiler paper.

Let's get this Geno bread despite how unlikely it is.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Music's a bigger deal for this DLC than I originally thought it was. Grant Kirkhope brought up a good point in an interview they dropped today, they wrangled him to do the Banjo Kazooie music when they didn't even bother to get David Wise for K. Rool's stuff. That's why I'm trying to come up with other franchises that are well known for their music. Resident Evil really isn't. Phoenix Wright kind of is. Not sure about Tales. Halo is. Kingdom Hearts definitely is. I guess that's another thing about the 3 DLC characters so far is that they all come from games that have really iconic music and/or composers that are world renowned.
....... Toby Fox?
*first three notes of megalovania*

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That's good for us, as despite being just one game, SMRPG's music is plenty iconic and has a world renowned composer that is already apart of the Smash team.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
ShotoStar 2 ShotoStar 2 Welcome back to the forums. I was sad to see you leave earlier.

For the record, if people need a break, we actually can do a user requested ban. :)
Thanks! I actually wasn't even planning on coming back to be honest but I kinda realized that I miss this place and E3 was just the right time to come back in my opinion so I couldn't help but come back. I missed the Geno thread and I missed this place as a whole.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Thanks! I actually wasn't even planning on coming back to be honest but I kinda realized that I miss this place and E3 was just the right time to come back in my opinion so I couldn't help but come back. I missed the Geno thread and I missed this place as a whole.
Understandable.

Place can be pretty fun sometimes. I've gotten tons of fun ideas to work with for some of my own stuff.

Like the name Lucifur.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think Geno could theoretically happen.....someday. After Ridley/K. Rool/Banjo, Geno is probably the longest requested character now. We know Sakurai wants him.

It's just a shame so much of his chances rely on Square, and I just don't see them choosing him over one of their franchises. Maybe someday we'll get him.
There's physical evidence that Geno has been requested since the original N64 game so, yeah, he's pretty much the longest standing major fanbase left now that Banjo's in. That's why it's so agonizing, especially when they could have easily ripped the bandage off more than half a year ago by making him an assist trophy or, ffs, had Hero be the first DLC character and revealed him as a Mii costume then but, no, we're going to get dragged at least 3/4ths of the DLC cycle before we have an answer.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
That's good for us, as despite being just one game, SMRPG's music is plenty iconic and has a world renowned composer that is already apart of the Smash team.
Yeah Beware the forests mushrooms is one of if not the most famous part of SMRPG. Maybe more or equal to Geno himself so that's probably a good sign.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Music you say? *stares at SMRPG*

Yeah Beware the forests mushrooms is one of if not the most famous part of SMRPG. Maybe more or equal to Geno himself so that's probably a good sign.
Which is only one track too. There's plenty of amazing songs on there.
Also speaking of Beware the Forest Mushrooms, the unused track for it on Brawl was official, right? Or am I thinking that was just a fan-made thing or something? I don't remember, it's been awhile.

Last edited:

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
Music you say? *stares at SMRPG*

Which is only one track too. There's plenty of amazing songs on there.
Also speaking of Beware the Forest Mushrooms, the unused track for it on Brawl was official, right? Or am I thinking that was just a fan-made thing or something? I don't remember, it's been awhile.
I believe it was fan-made and it was actually misinterpreted to be Beware the forests mushrooms. If I recall correctly it had something to do with the order the song came up in proved that it was actually going to be a song from one of the M&L games which got cut instead of BTFM.

link2702

Smash Champion
So I finally watched the direct. What a bittersweet show that was... The dq crew definitely pissed me off, though not AS Much because they couldn’t even give them all a unique moveset, to me that shows that they just wanted to cram dq in there and be done with it.

And then...we came to banjo. I hoped beyond hope he’d make it if I couldn’t get geno, and that hope paid off. And what a beautiful reveal they had. They put tons of effort in for him. Even the kong krews reactions were perfect, they were all excited and happy, a clear nod to banjo being like a “spiritual” brother to dk thanks to RareWare. It was almost everything a 90s kid n64 fan could hope for.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I can think of Doom and Ninja Gaiden, as well as stuff others have mentioned. NieR Automata too, but 2B's like a triple disconfirm.

Mortal Kombat has an iconic song, though it's from the movie.

Professor Layton has a great and distinctive soundtrack.

That's what came to mind, I'm really liking this train of thought though.
You know what? I may end up a clown, I may end up dead wrong and off the money but I'm gonna do it. I predict that Geno will be either 1) In the fighters pass despite Erdrick or 2) End up as a Bonus Character ALA Piranha Plant in-fact I'll bet on it. If I'm wrong? Well I'll 1) Change my profile pic to a members choice for two months, 2) Write an Essay on whatever you all request and 3) Eat toiler paper.

Let's get this Geno bread despite how unlikely it is.
Can I pick your pfp? I promise I'll be lenient.

link2702

Smash Champion
But I forgot one thing geno brothers and sisters...all hope might not be lost...there wasn’t any costumes announced with the dq shills right?

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
Can I pick your pfp? I promise I'll be lenient.
If you want to you can I was planning on have multiple people suggest a profile pic and then I make a strawpoll but if nobody else wants to then go right ahead.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
No costumes as of right now, no
So then...

While I know we’re all pretty bummed about no geno and our time in limbo seems even worse, as now we gotta hope se are willing to have one more character, and nintendo is willing to to request him, but we still have sakurais blessings, and if banjo could get in, maybe we still have a shot.

So... don’t give up hope. I know for certain users it seems it’s not possible for them to cling to any hope anymore, but damnit, did we truly think we’d ever get banjo back on a nintendo console again? Anything is possible.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, unless a Geno costume is shown off, I think we came out of today better off in regards to Geno support. Let's make sure to still be active and support our puppet to the best of our abilities.

Won't be long before we hit page 1,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom