• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Happy late 23rd american anniversary , Super Mario RPG ! Thank you for being such an awesome game that still hold up today , AND , was the inspiration to create Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi !
Also , I saw some talk on how hard it was to port SMRPG to VC... I could understand for the Wii eshop... But it's been ported thrice now. It's the best way for Square Enix to get money from SMRPG. So I think a port of SMRPG on Switch is a likely possibility : Especially with some Geno in Smash content/news , be it playable , costume or AT.
Since he was discussed a bit yesterday, I figured that this art piece of Boshi should be shared here.

Source:
https://mobile.twitter.com/LucarioOcarina/status/1128749216149278720
God this fan-art is awesome. It capture his personnality so well !
Personnally , I always had the head canon that Boshi was Croco's childhood friend... Seriously , they look perfect together.

---

My opinion on Mario Maker 2? I'm not buying it sadly... My experience with Mario Maker on Wii U was... Weird.
I really enjoyed making levels , but I always made them slightly too long or hard. I think I had decent ideas back then , but I should have toned down the difficulty + adding more checkpoints.
However , the way levels online were deleted if you didn't have enough good star ranking made it pretty frustrating. Furthermore... The others levels were way too easy/Hard or musical levels.

So If I can only enjoy half of the game wich cost 60 dollars... Yeah , it's not worth it for me.

I'm personnaly waiting on info for Luigi's Mansion 3 , since we haven't got anything more than a 1 minute trailer since September 2018. I'm not a fan of the ghosts design of Dark Moon , but they still have their charm + some solid ideas. Hope they add more new ghosts.
What I want the most on LM3 is removing the mission structure (It just make the game too repetitive + too much backtracking , wich is an issue that all Luigi's Mansion games have.) , and having both co-op play (like with the Luigi's Mansion 1 remake) , and online play for both co-op and versus mode , or something similar to Dark Moon online play.
I didn't had a 3DS at the time , and I never had the opportunity to buy LM2 , or the LM remake. Hope this change in the future. So yeah , I would love to have a more chill online multiplayer game to play : Smash can get a bit... Frustrating , at times.
Even tho I'm going to get Sonic Team Racing and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 , haha.

---

On another note , I think most people here are aware that BrawlBRSTMs3 X is removing all of Nintendo's OST they uploaded (Seriously Nintendo , release your soundtrack digitally at least... Damn , why are they so behind the times when it come to this...) , but... The Super Mario RPG OST is safe ! Because the game's soundtrack belong to Square Enix ! So for once , SE owning SMRPG helped us xD ! ( feel free to listen to it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVYgjqJV3Pk&list=PL6akIKaXBeU2ia3BuZ0RTLMgvDuODbSxA )
But this is still a big oof. All of these games ost are available on youtube , but they aren't extended sadly. A lot of sound effects from these games will now be very hard to get , too.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Never thought I'd see bayleef as geno XD

Since you like mega man, you might appreciate this one:

https://www.deviantart.com/zantchan/art/Geno-and-Bubbleman-315070328

And this one for mario rpg fans in general :)

Look at this SMOL BOI. It made me chuckle to see Mallow like that , especially since he has a pretty good HP growth rate , iirc. So this smol boy tanking so many attacks is pretty funny.
I'm also suprised at how pointy Mario and Geno's shoes are , but it doesn't look off.

To be honest , the most faithful Geno design Iv'e seen in fan-art have to be the one from Archdan ! (https://twitter.com/ArchdanMiiverse)
Screenshot_20190515-150852.png

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Look at this SMOL BOI. It made me chuckle to see Mallow like that , especially since he has a pretty good HP growth rate , iirc. So this smol boy tanking so many attacks is pretty funny.
I'm also suprised at how pointy Mario and Geno's shoes are , but it doesn't look off.

To be honest , the most faithful Geno design Iv'e seen in fan-art have to be the one from Archdan ! (https://twitter.com/ArchdanMiiverse)
View attachment 221310
So this art is spicy and is so relevant with the voice I gave Geno in my playthrough. I may have to highlight that part before the VOD is gone.

Anyway, I still plan on streaming today, but my internet is throttling itself at the mo so I'm waiting for it to perhaps calm down a bit. I'm aiming for 12:30-1:00 PM CST.

We basically just have to make all of Smithy's base now belong to us and then that's it, though I may spend some time trying to get the Attack Scarf. Screw the Super Suit: not only is it easy mode if I get it, it's super easy mode since I already have the Lazy Shell, but that 100 jumps is crapola considering I already wasted much of my soul getting the Star Egg.

After this run for SMRPG I'm still going to stream but I'll have to focus on Twitch for a small time before I go back to streaming for both. YouTube doesn't really offer much in terms of partnership for streams and while Twitch just mutes audio YT straight up blocks the VOD so...yeah, it's kind of a no brainer.

Once I get my Twitch Affiliate all good to go I have no problem streaming on both again for ease of access, it's just right now I need an average of 3 viewers over the time I have streamed and since most of the people who came in were on YT it doesn't count (I'm at .58 when I need three and it's been like 20 hours or so streaming now.). Keep in mind I appreciate all that come, but since I'm SO close to being an Affiliate I would love to achieve that.

If you guys are remotely interested in helping a fellow Nintendo bro get starting with his streaming career, feel free to join me either later today or Sunday. After I finish SMRPG I'm going to stream random stuff like Smite and Dead By Daylight until I'm approved for being an Affiliate since I have limited games to stream and resources, but afterwards I plan to do a completely Blind Final Fantasy 7 playthrough in an effort to experience the original game before the new one comes out so I get get behind some of the hype. I also plan to do a Banjo-Kazooie 100% Playthrough which is also half-way blind as I didn't beat the game as a kid as well as a DK 64 run despite how bad the game feels compared to today's standards.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I'm sorry that I'm selling myself so hard here. This is the Geno thread so I really shouldn't be but for some reason I feel like sharing this experience here and if my fellow Geno Bros were the ones to get me partnered, that would make it extra special for me.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So this art is spicy and is so relevant with the voice I gave Geno in my playthrough. I may have to highlight that part before the VOD is gone.

Anyway, I still plan on streaming today, but my internet is throttling itself at the mo so I'm waiting for it to perhaps calm down a bit. I'm aiming for 12:30-1:00 PM CST.

We basically just have to make all of Smithy's base now belong to us and then that's it, though I may spend some time trying to get the Attack Scarf. Screw the Super Suit: not only is it easy mode if I get it, it's super easy mode since I already have the Lazy Shell, but that 100 jumps is crapola considering I already wasted much of my soul getting the Star Egg.

After this run for SMRPG I'm still going to stream but I'll have to focus on Twitch for a small time before I go back to streaming for both. YouTube doesn't really offer much in terms of partnership for streams and while Twitch just mutes audio YT straight up blocks the VOD so...yeah, it's kind of a no brainer.

Once I get my Twitch Affiliate all good to go I have no problem streaming on both again for ease of access, it's just right now I need an average of 3 viewers over the time I have streamed and since most of the people who came in were on YT it doesn't count (I'm at .58 when I need three and it's been like 20 hours or so streaming now.). Keep in mind I appreciate all that come, but since I'm SO close to being an Affiliate I would love to achieve that.

If you guys are remotely interested in helping a fellow Nintendo bro get starting with his streaming career, feel free to join me either later today or Sunday. After I finish SMRPG I'm going to stream random stuff like Smite and Dead By Daylight until I'm approved for being an Affiliate since I have limited games to stream and resources, but afterwards I plan to do a completely Blind Final Fantasy 7 playthrough in an effort to experience the original game before the new one comes out so I get get behind some of the hype. I also plan to do a Banjo-Kazooie 100% Playthrough which is also half-way blind as I didn't beat the game as a kid as well as a DK 64 run despite how bad the game feels compared to today's standards.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I'm sorry that I'm selling myself so hard here. This is the Geno thread so I really shouldn't be but for some reason I feel like sharing this experience here and if my fellow Geno Bros were the ones to get me partnered, that would make it extra special for me.
I say you're fine, my dude. I understand what this means for you. That being said... DK64? 100%?

Man. My condolences.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I have no idea whether or not to believe the Google Theory (I think it's pretty silly honestly), but I'm somewhat hoping it's true. That would be kind of a best case scenario for us (other than Geno just being in the initial Fighter Pass of course).

- The Google squad has no SE characters, which is a win in itself because we're almost guaranteed a SE DLC character at some point (have you heard how much SE likes $$$?)

- This means that with no SE characters in this wave, we likely aren't going to get Geno's recycled Mii Costume to put a damper on things

- This guarantees no SE characters until well after February 2020. This means they missed their best window to try and shill DQ or Kingdom Hearts (Geno's main competitors primarily come from here).

- 2019 is the best year to add widely popular 3rd parties because that's when the most casual players are playing. Once 2020 hits, it's primarily Nintendo fans and the hardcore smash fans still playing and buying DLC at this point. This is a perfect time to add one or two more long time fan requested characters (our boy) and also start promoting newer first/second party Nintendo characters like Edelgard, Sylux (or a new MP character), Gen 8 Pokemon, and maybe even a new Animal Crossing fighter.

Just some food for thought.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I say you're fine, my dude. I understand what this means for you. That being said... DK64? 100%?

Man. My condolences.
Tell me about it. I started it off in my free time and the desert world makes me hate life. Diddy's Final Smash in Brawl is an accurate representation of what it's like to control him in DK 64 except you need to be even more precise...DX

Also one of my personal pet peeves is not being able to naturally complete a level 100% once you walk into it. It's one of the reasons I love Banjo-Kazooie so much (bar Freezeezy Peak which requires the Turbo Talon Trot shoes that get unlocked in the Gobi Desert which is the next level on): when I walk into a level, I plan on exploring every nook and cranny with the idea that I'll leave either when I'm ready or when I've found everything, which is often one and the same. I dislike games that force replayability via backtracking that doesn't add much of anything and DK 64 is an example of that kind of padding. The idea that you don't get the last Kong (I love you Chunky but why you programmed so far away?) until the third level (Frantic Factory) and you have to go back to the first and second levels now to complete them irks me. Like, I'm already at the third level and I want to complete it, why should I have to go back to the first and second now? Also some of the platforming in DK 64 is pretty high levels of oof.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I have no idea whether or not to believe the Google Theory (I think it's pretty silly honestly), but I'm somewhat hoping it's true. That would be kind of a best case scenario for us (other than Geno just being in the initial Fighter Pass of course).

- The Google squad has no SE characters, which is a win in itself because we're almost guaranteed a SE DLC character at some point (have you heard how much SE likes $$$?)

- This means that with no SE characters in this wave, we likely aren't going to get Geno's recycled Mii Costume to put a damper on things

- This guarantees no SE characters until well after February 2020. This means they missed their best window to try and shill DQ or Kingdom Hearts (Geno's main competitors primarily come from here).

- 2019 is the best year to add widely popular 3rd parties because that's when the most casual players are playing. Once 2020 hits, it's primarily Nintendo fans and the hardcore smash fans still playing and buying DLC at this point. This is a perfect time to add one or two more long time fan requested characters (our boy) and also start promoting newer first/second party Nintendo characters like Edelgard, Sylux (or a new MP character), Gen 8 Pokemon, and maybe even a new Animal Crossing fighter.

There's way more information against it than there is for it, honestly. I highly doubt it's real. That said, I do think some of the characters on there (namely Banjo and Doomguy) have a fair shot anyway.

D

Deleted member

I feel like people are buying too much into the "DLC waves will have a set theme" idea. I think it's free game for any kind of character to be part of any DLC wave (like our boy).

Edit: And yeah, I'm also pretty doubtful of google theory.

Last edited by a moderator:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I feel like people are buying too much into the "DLC waves will have a set theme" idea. I think it's free game for any kind of character to be part of any DLC wave (like our boy).

Edit: And yeah, I'm also pretty doubtful of google theory.
You might as well have just quoted my post directly.

It's not so much thinking there will be "themes" but instead looking at basic marketing strategy and maximizing profits

Ovaltine

Smash Master

It's not so much thinking there will be "themes" but instead looking at basic marketing strategy and maximizing profits
Yeah, it makes more sense that they'd add characters in the first pass that may appeal to casual players more (maybe with one favorite in there somewhere). It's more likely that hardcore fans would buy a hypothetical second wave, as they'll be the ones who will still be playing. On top of that, Nintendo can keep an eye on the speculation scene and see what the hardcore fans want most (which I believe they have people hired to do just that?) in the meanwhile. That makes future waves, if any happen, more likely to contain fan base wants or characters that'd otherwise appeal to those core players, our boy included.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Yeah Google Theory is stupid af. I've ranted about it enough off-site though.

Also, we are LIVE! I added my Twitter in my profile so I can sell a little less hard.

Can't wait to see those of you who can come!

D

Deleted member

That still indicates a set theme of DLC though. The reason I don't buy it is because of periods like Smash 4's DLC or Ultimate's base roster. For Smash 4, Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy were the first 3 DLC characters, so the same could've been said that they want to mainly add veterans for DLC or appeal to the same audience as the previous games. Then gaming icons like Ryu and Cloud were added, so there wasn't any set demographic they wanted to appeal to here. For Ultimate's base roster, they added fan favorites (or characters like Inkling who isn't solely a fan favorite but did have fan demand), so the argument could've been made here that they wanted to appeal mainly to the hardcore fans. They did, but they also appealed to other demographics with characters like Incineroar.

So, even if they started with a character like Joker, it doesn't automatically mean they'll go for the exact same type of characters for the rest of this wave, no matter if it seems like a pattern or how it seems from a marketing standpoint.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
That still indicates a set theme of DLC though. The reason I don't buy it is because of periods like Smash 4's DLC or Ultimate's base roster. For Smash 4, Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy were the first 3 DLC characters, so the same could've been said that they want to mainly add veterans for DLC or appeal to the same audience as the previous games. Then gaming icons like Ryu and Cloud were added, so there wasn't any set demographic they wanted to appeal to here. For Ultimate's base roster, they added fan favorites (or characters like Inkling who isn't solely a fan favorite but did have fan demand), so the argument could've been made here that they wanted to appeal mainly to the hardcore fans. They did, but they also appealed to other demographics with characters like Incineroar.

So, even if they started with a character like Joker, it doesn't automatically mean they'll go for the exact same type of characters for the rest of this wave, no matter if it seems like a pattern or how it seems from a marketing standpoint.
I think the reason why people lean into the idea that this season will be "wide appeal" characters is that Sakurai made statements that the DLC was picked by Nintendo and Reggie was quoted as saying Joker is indicative of the rest of DLC being "unexpected". But really that could mean anything. Because even though Persona is a popular series right now I don't personally see it being as "wide appeal" as Minecraft or DQ in Japan. It's a pretty niche series when you think about it. We don't really know what Nintendo means when they say "unexpected". I honestly think it'll take at least another character to really make a solid projection as to what the rest of the DLC will look like for the Fighter's Pass.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Man. My condolences.
Tell me about it. I started it off in my free time and the desert world makes me hate life. Diddy's Final Smash in Brawl is an accurate representation of what it's like to control him in DK 64 except you need to be even more precise...DX

Also one of my personal pet peeves is not being able to naturally complete a level 100% once you walk into it. It's one of the reasons I love Banjo-Kazooie so much (bar Freezeezy Peak which requires the Turbo Talon Trot shoes that get unlocked in the Gobi Desert which is the next level on): when I walk into a level, I plan on exploring every nook and cranny with the idea that I'll leave either when I'm ready or when I've found everything, which is often one and the same. I dislike games that force replayability via backtracking that doesn't add much of anything and DK 64 is an example of that kind of padding. The idea that you don't get the last Kong (I love you Chunky but why you programmed so far away?) until the third level (Frantic Factory) and you have to go back to the first and second levels now to complete them irks me. Like, I'm already at the third level and I want to complete it, why should I have to go back to the first and second now? Also some of the platforming in DK 64 is pretty high levels of oof.
Played DK64 once. Gave up in Frantic Factory. Game just started feeling weirdly punishing for a collectathon (in the sense that exploring felt like a chore) and I simply didn't have the patience. I applaud you for your bravery, sir.

That said, the game does have some interesting ideas.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

I really don't know what argument you're trying to make. Doing the "everyone is here" thing for Ultimate is very similar to adding Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy in Smash 4 as DLC. They just bypassed making returning characters as DLC for an excellent marketing ploy when revealing the game at E3.

Cloud, Ryu and Bayo coming next in Smash 4 is very similar to the idea of pumping out third party characters that appeal to a wide audience (Fighter Pass 1).

And they shoehorned Corrin in at the end to actually promote one of their own franchises.

Again, this isn't a theme. It's smart marketing. That being said, I'm not making any definitive statements that I know anything as fact here, just saying what makes business sense.

I want Geno probably more than anyone here, I'm not trying to be a downer. In fact, I think he'll almost certainly get in by the time Ultimate is all said and done. I haven't actually been truly excited for any newcomers in the last 12 years because I have such tunnel vision for him (and Isaac) in my support.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Played DK64 once. Gave up in Frantic Factory. Game just started feeling weirdly punishing for a collectathon (in the sense that exploring felt like a chore) and I simply didn't have the patience. I applaud you for your bravery, sir.

That said, the game does have some interesting ideas.
I 100%'d that game. I had it for years — 18 years, to be precise, as I got it as soon as it came out and I 100%'d it last year — and it took that long for me to 100% it for the first time. As a child, I never even any%'d it. I never beat that game because of how insanely expansive and punishing it is. As an adult, that **** was hard. As a child? It's so much worse. Holy heck, I do NOT know what Rare was thinking when they made that game. Bigger isn't always better, folks.

That said, glitch%'ing this game is an amazing time that I'd recommend to anyone. Glitches actually make the game a thousand times more fun and interesting. Seriously, look up some of the tactics speedrunners use on that game. Dare I say that it's... bananas?

D

Deleted member

I think the reason why people lean into the idea that this season will be "wide appeal" characters is that Sakurai made statements that the DLC was picked by Nintendo and Reggie was quoted as saying Joker is indicative of the rest of DLC being "unexpected". But really that could mean anything. Because even though Persona is a popular series right now I don't personally see it being as "wide appeal" as Minecraft or DQ in Japan. It's a pretty niche series when you think about it. We don't really know what Nintendo means when they say "unexpected". I honestly think it'll take at least another character to really make a solid projection as to what the rest of the DLC will look like for the Fighter's Pass.
Yeah, even when DLC character #2 is revealed, I don't think it's enough to predict the other characters.

For Reggie's statement about the characters being unexpected, I think he said that for the purpose of not really being able to predict any pattern with the remaining DLC.

I really don't know what argument you're trying to make. Doing the "everyone is here" thing for Ultimate is very similar to adding Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy in Smash 4 as DLC. They just bypassed making returning characters as DLC for an excellent marketing ploy when revealing the game at E3.

Cloud, Ryu and Bayo coming next in Smash 4 is very similar to the idea of pumping out third party characters that appeal to a wide audience (Fighter Pass 1).

And they shoehorned Corrin in at the end to actually promote one of their own franchises.

Again, this isn't a theme. It's smart marketing. That being said, I'm not making any definitive statements that I know anything as fact here, just saying what makes business sense.

I want Geno probably more than anyone here, I'm not trying to be a downer. In fact, I think he'll almost certainly get in by the time Ultimate is all said and done. I haven't actually been truly excited for any newcomers in the last 12 years because I have such tunnel vision for him (and Isaac) in my support.
Corrin being added in near the end of the DLC with veterans being added at the beginning and 3rd party icons in the middle should show that there isn't a pattern with the types of characters or from a business or marketing perspective. You're breaking off Smash 4's DLC into bits instead of viewing it as a full season.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Okay, I'm only posting this because I want to get this cursed number done and over with so I can move on

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I 100%'d that game. I had it for years — 18 years, to be precise, as I got it as soon as it came out and I 100%'d it last year — and it took that long for me to 100% it for the first time. As a child, I never even any%'d it. I never beat that game because of how insanely expansive and punishing it is. As an adult, that **** was hard. As a child? It's so much worse. Holy heck, I do NOT know what Rare was thinking when they made that game. Bigger isn't always better, folks.

That said, glitch%'ing this game is an amazing time that I'd recommend to anyone. Glitches actually make the game a thousand times more fun and interesting. Seriously, look up some of the tactics speedrunners use on that game. Dare I say that it's... bananas?
I beat it within a year as a kid but I remember being stuck in the factory for a really long time because I couldn’t beat the original arcade Donkey Kong lol

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, the release date for Astral Chain has been confirmed to be August 30th. Now only Bayo 3 remains

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

I feel like "missing the window to shill games" completely misses the entire point of why Dragon Quest and Kingdom Hearts would be added to Smash. They both have plenty of merit in their own right to be added well beyond the big release schedules (Not to mention, Kingdom Hearts 3 took over a decade to release, if Sora was to get in a year after the game's release that would be practically the same moment) both are just as able to receive a new game at a moment's notice (The Switch has received a lot of Dragon Quest games already with Heroes 1 and 2, Builders 1 and 2, and 11 S Definitive either out or releasing soon).

Also, I'm really inclined to believe Smash is such a big thing that any notable DLC choice could reignite life into the game from the casual perspective. For example, if they released Master Chief in a theoretical second season of content, I'm pretty certain you would see a major spike in player count. Smash has sold over 12 million copies in four months and will continue to sell as one of the premiere Switch titles for the rest of the console's lifespan, and DLC only helps to further elongate the lifecycle of Ultimate and keep people interested. I don't think it's such a clear cut thing to say just Nintendo fans and Hardcore fans will stick around when we're talking about a game this big. I'd also argue that it doesn't really make sense to see promotional characters when you're saying only Nintendo fans would be left. That logic doesn't really track as Nintendo wouldn't care about marketing their other games to the same player base who buys their games already. With that logic, it would be far more beneficial to wait until that period to release big name third parties to renew interest in their game and release their first party advertisements up front since their aim would be different. Not that I particularly put stock into Nintendo exclusively choosing characters for marketing purposes, but I just don't think that tracks super well and the hardcore would arguably be the most upset about those types of advertisements as we've seen from far too much SmashBoards rage.

No Square-Enix presumably means no Geno Mii costume though, so that will always be a plus and he can presumably show up later on when he maybe fits better than during the Fighter's Pass where things look increasingly grim for his chance (I stand by my belief that Geno's best chance will always exist outside of this Fighter's Pass. Future content or non-Fighter's Pass content seems his best shot for me right now).

D

Deleted member

Okay I should've asked this on Monday, but...

Team Mallow or Team Geno?

Last edited by a moderator:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229

What about SMRPG mods like Armageddon ? Seriously , the only videos of them are like , from before 2010... It would be nice to see modern content on it.

Okay I should've asked this on Monday, but...

Team Mallow or Team Geno?
Don't make me chose between my childrens lol. I just can't.
But I would say team Croco. A SMRPG extension/DLC when you play as Croco would be amazing , especially since he's one of the only recurring bad guys.
Why would I love this ?

Iv'e played Brave Dungeon , wich is a dungeon crawler. You can create a party and chose between 8 characters to explore several dungeons and find syega and magic items. But , once you finish the secret dungeon , you fight the secret final boss (wich is also the protagonist of the "The Legend of the Dark Witch") , and you can replay the game in a special way : You will play the full game with only this secret boss in your party. She is more powerful than everyone else , but you're also alone. So you have to be very smart with items and equipments.

I want a similar concept with Croco. You will only have him in your party , and you will explore every SMRPG local after the mushroom kingdom. His campaign would start after the first time you fight him with Mario and Mallow.
Your goal is to get as much money and treasures as possible. You can chose several ways to do it : Beating others monsters , straight up stealing stuff from houses in a stealth like gameplay , try to sell stuff to others bad guys , ect...

However , Croco will be alone. He will refuse any kind of party member because he want to keep everything to himself.
And the way you play the game will affect the difficulty :
If you get caught too many times in houses , cities will be harder to get into , shop keepers will refuse to sell you items , ect...
If you fight a ton of ennemies , Croco will get way stronger , but it also mean that Mario and crew will have less ennemies to deal with and will be faster in their quest to save the world... And Croco kind of want the star pieces.

A Popple and Nabbit cameo is a must. I don't care if Popple is from the bean bean kingdom , he was in Pillo island in Dream Team , so he can travel. Heck , this could even introduce a rival system. They could steal treasures that Croco could get.

It could aslo explain how Croco did his redemption , and how he managed to have so many items to sell to Mario and coe.

The ending should get decided on how much treasures you have , not how you got them. I don't want an Undertale like ending system.

This is a good way to make SMRPG way more complex after the player got used to the world and mechanics of the game.

I would love your input and opinion on this , since Iv'e seen litteraly nobody propose the concept. Seriously , stuff like leaks and google theory is starting to making me sick : I would love to see people discuss this idea here instead of this.

D

Deleted member

Okay, so, in ForsakenM ForsakenM 's stream, he, @ShotoStar, and I discovered a thing

View attachment 221652

This look familiar?

Mallow...
Is The God of Thunder
Yep Mallow is totally the Mario Universe's version of Thor, It just makes sense.

So that means Mallow went straight for the head against present Smithy then fought alongside Mario and Geno against Past Smithy. Neat.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Mallow may have developed significantly over the course of the game, but Team Geno is where my vote lies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Can...

Can't I just be Team Both? I love them both? I can't choose??

I guess my idea of Geno that developed in my mind is more of my brain child than any headcanons I have for Mallow, though (considering he got a whole arc, yet Geno didn't). I'll put myself in #TeamGeno then.

Latyon

Smash Cadet
I just thought of a HILARIOUS turn of events that, while unlikely, do have a small percentage chance of happening (it's super unlikely IMO)

What if all the rumors we've heard about Erdrick were true? Well, specifically in regards to a DQ character being in the game. And what if the rumors of Steve being in the game also? Specifically in regards to a building-based moveset?

And what if while both of these could be true, everyone was actually getting PUNKED?

The protagonist from Dragon Quest Builders! He's from Dragon Quest, builds stuff like Steve, and looks like Link. Everyone thought that the reports for the new characters represented Erdrick and Steve when in reality, those rumors only referred to this one character! In the English demo for his game, the Builder's default name was "Bildrick" which is a combination of "Build" and, you guessed it: "Erdrick"! He's also Erdrick's biological descendant. And he's technically a Hero, which is also translated as Yuusha or "Brave."

Thank you all for your time, good night!
You know what? I'd rather have this dude than Erdrick and Steve combined.

DQB was awesome. (unlike the rest of the DQ series)

D

Deleted member

This is a hard decision....

Mallow is the character I like more in the game, and Geno is the one I want to see make a comeback more (but both make a comeback pls)....

I think I'm #TeamMallow

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Okay, so, in ForsakenM ForsakenM 's stream, he, @ShotoStar, and I discovered a thing

View attachment 221652

This look familiar?

Mallow...
Is The God of Thunder
Yep Mallow is totally the Mario Universe's version of Thor, It just makes sense.

So that means Mallow went straight for the head against present Smithy then fought alongside Mario and Geno against Past Smithy. Neat.
That must also mean Mallow becomes a depressed alcoholic and plays Fortnite

D

Deleted member

That must also mean Mallow becomes a depressed alcoholic and plays Fortnite
Oh my god

Mallow plays Fortnite in the clouds!??!

And he gets drunk on Kerokerocolas?

This is something I never knew I needed.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Google Theory not having SE characters isn't a point against it. We were never guaranteed a SE character. We have unproven rumors and a small theory pointing to one, but that's it. Nothing concrete.

There's flaws with the Google Theory, but not having a rumor character isn't one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom