• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I feel like people overestimate how likely Erdrick is. Let's break it down.

Leakers + "brave" codename + 5Chan leak that says Erdrick is the second DLC character and will come with Afelgard (a stage)

First thing: leakers. Most notably Vergeben, Hitagi, xenother, Polar, and Tansut. Vergeben thinks that Erdrick is the most likely of the Square seven. However, he isn't going all in on him and outright claiming that Erdrick is in. He also recently got something wrong which hurt his credibility - that the SE rep would be revealed first.

Next is Hitagi. Hitagi claimed there would be no Atlus reps, so his/her info is not always correct.

After that, we have xenother. He also predicted something incorrectly by saying that there would definitely be a January direct.

Polar is not going all in on Erdrick. She thinks he is the most likely, but, again, not going all in on him. And, according to her, the people at NoA do not know the DLC, so they most likely would not get confirmation of any character, including Erdrick.

Tansut was the only person who knew about Cloud as DLC in Smash 4. He is going all in on Erdrick, but the way he leaked Cloud and the way he is leaking Erdrick is different. When he leaked Cloud, it was the day of the direct in which he was revealed, it was masked as a prediction, and he leaked it in the way of a riddle. For Erdrick, he is leaking him long before his reveal (if he is in) and outright saying that he is in. They are different scenarios.

Now that the leakers saying Erdrick's name have been covered, let's move on to the next thing. The "brave" codename.

"Brave" is a term with a direct link to Erdrick, but the term itself is not exclusive to Erdrick/any other DQ character. For instance, here: https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Hero_(class) It's a class that can be referred to as "brave."

The stats of "brave" do not fit Erdrick, and, even in his chibi design, he doesn't fit the stats of "brave."

"But the stats can change." Not dramatically, but, even if they do, the same argument could be made for the FE hero/brave class character.

The final thing is the 5Chan leak. It's a 5Chan leak, and there is nothing giving it credibility aside from the leakers, which I have already gone over.

So, while Erdrick is possible, I do not believe that he is likely as people are claiming him to be.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
If Brave ends up being a Fire Emblem:TH character, I am going to find all the speculation for the past two months hilarious.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I feel like people overestimate how likely Erdrick is. Let's break it down.

Leakers + "brave" codename + 5Chan leak that says Erdrick is the second DLC character and will come with Afelgard (a stage)

First thing: leakers. Most notably Vergeben, Hitagi, xenother, Polar, and Tansut. Vergeben thinks that Erdrick is the most likely of the Square seven. However, he isn't going all in on him and outright claiming that Erdrick is in. He also recently got something wrong which hurt his credibility - that the SE rep would be revealed first.

Next is Hitagi. Hitagi claimed there would be no Atlus reps, so his/her info is not always correct.

After that, we have xenother. He also predicted something incorrectly by saying that there would definitely be a January direct.

Polar is not going all in on Erdrick. She thinks he is the most likely, but, again, not going all in on him. And, according to her, the people at NoA do not know the DLC, so they most likely would not get confirmation of any character, including Erdrick.

Tansut was the only person who knew about Cloud as DLC in Smash 4. He is going all in on Erdrick, but the way he leaked Cloud and the way he is leaking Erdrick is different. When he leaked Cloud, it was the day of the direct in which he was revealed, it was masked as a prediction, and he leaked it in the way of a riddle. For Erdrick, he is leaking him long before his reveal (if he is in) and outright saying that he is in. They are different scenarios.

Now that the leakers saying Erdrick's name have been covered, let's move on to the next thing. The "brave" codename.

"Brave" is a term with a direct link to Erdrick, but the term itself is not exclusive to Erdrick/any other DQ character. For instance, here: https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Hero_(class) It's a class that can be referred to as "brave."

The stats of "brave" do not fit Erdrick, and, even in his chibi design, he doesn't fit the stats of "brave."

"But the stats can change." Not dramatically, but, even if they do, the same argument could be made for the FE hero/brave class character.

The final thing is the 5Chan leak. It's a 5Chan leak, and there is nothing giving it credibility aside from the leakers, which I have already gone over.

So, while Erdrick is possible, I do not believe that he is likely as people are claiming him to be.
I think that's a decent summary. But a few things. The 5ch leak had info that turned out accurate, like the persona stuff.
I don't think the 5-character leak is true, but it's essentially the same for the 2-character one which it was based on.

Another thing is that I do think the height is what goes the most against erdrick, but could easily fit the stats besides the height. I think It's possible that it's placeholder data if they haven't finished up the model. The landing data is a copy-paste of joker's so it can easily be true that it's placeholder stuff (especially considering how early in development it might be).

That's about it tho. I think it's kind of early to think it's set in stone. It's easy for people to think one thing and then the reality is different.
I do hope it's true, since I'd like dq in smash. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think that's a decent summary. But a few things. The 5ch leak had info that turned out accurate, like the persona stuff.
I don't think the 5-character leak is true, but it's essentially the same for the 2-character one which it was based on.

Another thing is that I do think the height is what goes the most against erdrick, but could easily fit the stats besides the height. I think It's possible that it's placeholder data if they haven't finished up the model. The landing data is a copy-paste of joker's so it can easily be true that it's placeholder data.

That's about it tho. I think it's kind of early to think it's set in stone. It's easy for people to think one thing and then the reality is different.
I do hope it's true, since I'd like dq in smash. :)
Well, the 5Chan leak came out after Joker was revealed, so it doesn't hold much water for that.

I think it's fake as well.

And, again, even if it is placeholder data, the same argument could be made for an FE hero/brave class character

Last edited by a moderator:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I really think you can disregard anyone that says they knew a DLC character months and months before the DLC was even finalized. That's how all this SE DLC rep nonsense started anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So when Erdrick gets announced, what percentage of western gamers are just going to call him Goku? 50%?

Not just that, but Bowser’s inside story is a remake of a game that is literally playable on a 3ds. If you have a friend with the DS version, just borrow his copy, play it on your 3ds (because he is done with it by now) and don’t buy a new game.
Nah, like 95%

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, the 5Chan leak came out after Joker was revealed, so it doesn't hold much water for that.

I think it's fake as well.

And, again, even if it is placeholder data, the same argument could be made for an FE hero/brave class character
I don't mean joker. They added other info like the name of p5 coming to the switch, which wasn't known about at the time.

And, the stats could fit almost anyone. So it doesnt really matter.

D

Deleted member

If/when there's gonna be Smash news in the direct, I bet they'll reveal more mii costumes as DLC, some returning ones and some new ones

D

Deleted member

I don't mean joker. They added other info like the name of p5 coming to the switch, which wasn't known about at the time.
Has Persona 5 for Switch been confirmed?

Either way, it's a fairly easy guess to make after Joker was revealed (if it has been confirmed)

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

If it has, it's a fairly easy guess to make after Joker was revealed
I think at most they just found on the offical website's HTML that said "Persona 5R" Which people think is a remaster.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Gambare Goemon was the only game that made my cry, laugh and get angry at the same time.
God damn it.

Edit: Added Pocky&Rocky cuz I forgot them and thinking on Goemon made me remember <3
What was your favorite Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja game? Mine was Ganbare Goemon Derodero Dōchū Obake Tenko Mori/Goemon's Great Adventure. :)

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I believes in Vergeben when he sais he heard the SE rep back in March? May? I don't remember..

Anyways, that feels like that character was supposed to be in the Base Roster but ended being DLC because of unknown reasons, this could explain why everyone "knows" about its existence even before the DLC started.
At the same time, it must be a character without World Appeal since, it wasn't shown during the VGA.

If the character was already done and stuff, why skipping during the VGA? The only logical reason that comes to my mind is the "Not world appeal or (not relevant) enough to make WOAH impression" unlike Joker for sure, because nobody see that coming.

So, Even tho I think the Character is Erdrick, there's a timeline where Dax believes it's Geno.

Cuz SE was ok by adding it into the roster, Cuz SE was surprised that Nintendo actually wanted CLoud too (2 Characters in Base?! No way?!) Then Nintendo Agreed to move Geno to DLC to have Cloud in base and fit the "Everyone is Here", Cuz that fits with Brave's stats, Cuz maybe, since the character was already done, SE worked hard into Leakbaits without even thinking on the rep, cuz it was already chosen back in... 2018 (?

This is just a theory for sure, Don't take me toooooooo seriously

What was your favorite Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja game? Mine was Ganbare Goemon Derodero Dōchū Obake Tenko Mori/Goemon's Great Adventure. :)
I remember playing Gambare Goemon 1/2/3 with 2 being my absolutely Favourite. Sorry, I'm bad with the names so I only know them by "Numbers" on my Emu... Cartridges!

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I believes in Vergeben when he sais he heard the SE rep back in March? May? I don't remember..

Anyways, that feels like that character was supposed to be in the Base Roster but ended being DLC because of unknown reasons, this could explain why everyone "knows" about its existence even before the DLC started.
At the same time, it must be a character without World Appeal since, it wasn't shown during the VGA.

If the character was already done and stuff, why skipping during the VGA? The only logical reason that comes to my mind is the "Not world appeal or (not relevant) enough to make WOAH impression" unlike Joker for sure, because nobody see that coming.

So, Even tho I think the Character is Erdrick, there's a timeline where Dax believes it's Geno.

Cuz SE was ok by adding it into the roster, Cuz SE was surprised that Nintendo actually wanted CLoud too (2 Characters in Base?! No way?!) Then Nintendo Agreed to move Geno to DLC to have Cloud in base and fit the "Everyone is Here", Cuz that fits with Brave's stats, Cuz maybe, since the character was already done, SE worked hard into Leakbaits without even thinking on the rep, cuz it was already chosen back in... 2018 (?

This is just a theory for sure, Don't take me toooooooo seriously
The only problem with this is that SE wanted cloud to be DLC from what we have heard. Why would Nintendo try and get a 2nd SE rep in the base roster when SE didn't even want cloud in the base roster.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The 5chan leak is fake because it doesn't have Steve or Banjo-Kazooie.

The second 5chan leak, on the other hand...now, that is the real leak, bois.
The 5-character one which most people have been talking about does have steve :/
-I dont believe that one at all tho.

Either way, it's a fairly easy guess to make after Joker was revealed (if it has been confirmed)
I think at most they just found on the offical website's HTML that said "Persona 5R" Which people think is a remaster.
P5R was announced after all this, at the end of the month. It hasn't been announced for the switch yet I think, but i think that's mostly guaranteed.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
The only problem with this is that SE wanted cloud to be DLC from what we have heard. Why would Nintendo try and get a 2nd SE rep in the base roster when SE didn't even want cloud in the base roster.
As I explained in my message, Maybe Nintendo got Geno for Smash, and SE THOUGH Cloud was meant for DLC.
After the agreement SE asked Nintendo about it and then, it ended being "Well well, isn't that better to have Geno DLC Then? You know, for the Everyone is Here"?" and SE answering "Hell yeah, do whatever you want"

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
P5R was announced after all this, at the end of the month. It hasn't been announced for the switch yet I think, but i think that's mostly guaranteed.
Oh seriously? Dang I need to keep up more.
As I explained in my message, Maybe Nintendo got Geno for Smash, and SE THOUGH Cloud was meant for DLC.
After the agreement SE asked Nintendo about it and then, it ended being "Well well, isn't that better to have Geno DLC Then? You know, for the Everyone is Here"?" and SE answering "Hell yeah, do whatever you want"
Oh ok I kinda read your post wrong then. I thought you were talking in the context of Erdrick.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm not sure the "Square wanted Cloud to be DLC" information is true.

The 5-character one which most people have been talking about does have steve :/
I don't believe it, either, as much as I want Steve.

Recent information seems to be making Banjo-Kazooie likely, however, so there's them to make me happy at least.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think it was ever said that SE wanted Cloud to be DLC.

We do know that Cloud was the final veteran added to Ultimate because SE was difficult to work with, though. But it wasn't specified that they wanted him to return as DLC.

Did the leak say that it was coming to Switch?

If so, then we don't have confirmation of it. And, like I said, it would be an easy guess to make

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't think it was ever said that SE wanted Cloud to be DLC.

We do know that Cloud was the final veteran added to Ultimate because SE was difficult to work with, though. But it wasn't specified that they wanted him to return as DLC.

Did the leak say that it was coming to Switch?

If so, then we don't have confirmation of it. And, like I said, it would be an easy guess to make
How? There wasn't a p4r or anything. And looks like they didn't specify for the switch, so my bad. In that sense you could say the info was right. I still think a switch version will come around too.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
From what I remember reading, there was stuff before the leak that let everyone know P5R and some other game were coming.

I guess we'll soon(?) see whether or not the leak was legit anyway, but I'd say the stuff that comes with the characters could've been logical predictions.

Not that it matters much; it's only two DLC characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How? There wasn't a p4r or anything. And looks like they didn't specify for the switch, so my bad. In that sense you could say the info was right. I still think a switch version will come around too.
Because Joker was revealed for Smash.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification though.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
From what I remember reading, there was stuff before the leak that let everyone know P5R and some other game were coming.

I guess we'll soon(?) see whether or not the leak was legit anyway, but I'd say the stuff that comes with the characters could've been logical predictions.

Not that it matters much; it's only two DLC characters.
I couldn't find any rumor or information that came before it (before dec 10th). not to say it didn't exist somewhere niche.
Anyway, it could just be good guesses, or there could be something to it. Hopefully it wont be too long before we do find out. But I just hope people don't believe the 5-character leak, that one just copied some stuff from the original one and added 3 more characters.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I couldn't find any rumor or information that came before it (before dec 10th). not to say it didn't exist somewhere niche.
Anyway, it could just be good guesses, or there could be something to it. Hopefully it wont be too long before we do find out. But I just hope people don't believe the 5-character leak, that one just copied some stuff from the original one and added 3 more characters.
I just remember people bringing it up in the Square thread so idk.

I just want the Banjo-Kazooie leaks and stuff to be true. The leaker who gave the info - IndieGamerChick - has a following and seems to have leaked stuff before, plus there's PapaGenos's info and he apparently heard something that IndieGamerChick said, and Microsoft is buddy-buddy with Nintendo now.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I want the truth, and for hopefully people to enjoy whatever's actually the case :)
There's probably just my impatience that would make me get onto leaks. Well, it's also fun to speculate and dream.:starman:

There's some characters i would have trouble enjoying too tho. I may not buy them all. we'll see.

Last edited:

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
I really hope the leakers get some concrete stuff on the direct soon, so I can just know already and be done with this rollercoaster.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I definitely feel like there has to be a direct in feb. and that there'll be something smash related, but i dont know how much.
I'll be ok in any case, but we really could use the info we've been looking for :O :)

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, if there is any last minute info regarding the Direct should it be confirmed tomorrow, we will know before the day it starts.

D

Deleted member

I'm bracing for impact for no smash news whatsoever. We will end up eating ourselves alive here.
Well here's where things get interesting.

Historically before E3, only one Nintendo direct happens. The only way we would get a DLC announcement before E3 would have to be this direct or a Smash direct. Given my expectations over how they're handling DLC announcements being separated by about three months, this seems like the most likely time to get a DLC announcement. I imagine if Erdrick was happening, they would do it now since his anniversary happened about a day or two ago. Again, this is a Nintendo Direct. There's never not a newcomer announcement unless we're waiting for a new game. If we get no info, then we can expect a Smash Bros direct, which might be even better than a Nintendo Direct having a reveal.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
So, my job sucks. That is all.

Anyway, imagine if the Brave codename wasn't there/wasn't discovered. We'd be bored and starved for information, but we wouldn't be in this limbo.

Worst case scenario, no Smash news. I wouldn't be surprised, though it would kinda suck.

I'm fine with Erdrick or anything Dragon Quest getting in, so long as they don't be lazy and just make it so that the character has absolutely nothing that makes them unique from the other Smash characters.

That's a purely hypothetical scenario, though. Don't @ me saying, "WELL, ACKSHULLY, DRAGON QUEST BLAH BLAH BLAH" or "Sakurai probably wouldn't do that, and here's my laundry list of reasons as to why." It's just be being hypothetical. My avatar maybe an attorney, but I'm not trying to start a debate.

Sorry, I'm just annoyed at work, and I really should rewrite this to sound more pleasant.

Aw well. Break over.

D

Deleted member

I'm fine with Erdrick or anything Dragon Quest getting in, so long as they don't be lazy and just make it so that the character has absolutely nothing that makes them unique from the other Smash characters.
Pretty much. If the character isn't fun, who knows if I'd still play it. King K. Rool is a fun character and I love him. I love Megaman and Pac-man in Smash but they're not as fun to play so I play them less often.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm gonna be honest; If Geno doesn't get in, Banjo could nearly fill in the Geno shaped hole for me. I'm just praying one gets in. Just one of them would make the pass worth it.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Pretty much. If the character isn't fun, who knows if I'd still play it. King K. Rool is a fun character and I love him. I love Megaman and Pac-man in Smash but they're not as fun to play so I play them less often.
Mega Man feels like an absolute chore to play. Pac-Man on the other hand I love him to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom