• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nothing is that simple. I don't think Erdrick is inherently likely at all. Brave is too meaningless and broad to indefinitely mean the class. We have no real evidence that Erdrick is actually getting in, just a lot of people hearing the name, which we know doesn't mean much with how Square intentionally gives leakbait. Only one person, Tansut, is really the only thing making it very believable. He's the only one who know of Cloud before his announcement. That's a key thing.
The funniest thing? For months, people on here have used a character from the Brave/Yuusha anime franchise as a meme reaction pic. That's how broad the term is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Latter two seem more like Sakurai trying to get the character in some fashion more so than Square actively wanting it.

As for the game re-releasing: don't Nintendo own the game? It's still a Mario game.
If Square didn't show interest in him, he wouldn't have gotten a Mii costume in Smash 4 or a legendary spirit in Ultimate. They need to negotiate with Square for that.

For the Mario game, again, Square still has to be okay with it. Nintendo can't do it alone

Eric2625

Smash Cadet
Lets not start with the "no interest in."

If true, SMRPG would not have been re-released 3 times in 10 years

If true, Geno wouldn't have gotten a Mii costume in Smash 4

If true, Geno wouldn't have gotten a LEGENDARY spirit in Ultimate
Genos spirit battle is hard enough turning it into legendary would probably make it harder then pauline lol

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If Square didn't show interest in him, he wouldn't have gotten a Mii costume in Smash 4 or a legendary spirit in Ultimate. They need to negotiate with Square for that.

For the Mario game, again, Square still has to be okay with it. Nintendo can't do it alone
Think for a character choice Square would prefer a bigger name/title. They have four massive series (Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Tomb Raider, and Kingdom Hearts) to go through and even others one like Nier that are relevant and adored by many.

The Geno things Smash gets are bones being thrown to Sakurai/fans. That's my perspective.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The funniest thing? For months, people on here have used a character from the Brave/Yuusha anime franchise as a meme reaction pic. That's how broad the term is.
Though to be fair, that's more of a reference to Dragon Quest.

So that kind of works against your point.

-----------

That said, I do think Erdrick is likely, but he is not guaranteed. People have to keep an open mind if you don't want to get burned if it becomes something else. This isn't like the box theory, which had actual evidence to make it work. This is just a reasonable guess.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
We have no real evidence that Erdrick is actually getting in, just a lot of people hearing the name, which we know doesn't mean much with how Square intentionally gives leakbait. Only one person, Tansut, is really the only thing making it very believable. He's the only one who know of Cloud before his announcement.
This has been my main problem with Erdrick, hearing the name a lot doesn't mean enough for me. Tansut is an important sign for Erdrick, but we also can't assume that he has the same level of evidence for Erdrick that he had for Cloud. He very well could have good proof, but unless he is willing to divulge that information I can't completely buy into it. And he doesn't seem like the type to divulge that info either. Not divulging is very understandable, but for me the current info really isn't enough.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Though to be fair, that's more of a reference to Dragon Quest.

So that kind of works against your point.
Meant to say mecha franchise, but eh...I guess they do mostly have swords.

People have to keep an open mind if you don't want to get burned if it becomes something else.
I hope I'm not the only other person here in this thread that has that. And I say this as someone with Aspergers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Think for a character choice Square would prefer a bigger name/title. They have four massive series (Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Tomb Raider, and Kingdom Hearts) to go through and even others one like Nier that are relevant and adored by many.

The Geno things Smash gets are bones being thrown to Sakurai/fans. That's my perspective.
> Adored by many
Bruh...you know how many people love SMRPG and want Geno in Smash? Geno is one of the most requested Smash characters, and by far the most requested Square Enix character

If it's your opinion, it's your opinion. Don't treat "SE doesn't show interest in Geno" as fact when you have no proof of it.

It's also important to note that the only 4 Square Enix spirits in the game are 2 spirits of Cloud, Geno, and Mallow. That's it. None of the other "more important" series you speak of have any spirits

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This has been my main problem with Erdrick, hearing the name a lot doesn't mean enough for me. Tansut is an important sign for Erdrick, but we also can't assume that he has the same level of evidence for Erdrick that he had for Cloud. He very well could have good proof, but unless he is willing to divulge that information I can't completely buy into it. And he doesn't seem like the type to divulge that info either. Not divulging is very understandable, but for me the current info really isn't enough.
I'm the same way. It strengths the leak, but doesn't confirm it enough. We need some better information. This is pretty much a case of "strong chances, but don't be surprised if it turns out to be someone else".

Meant to say mecha franchise, but eh...I guess they do mostly have swords.

I hope I'm not the only other person here in this thread that has that. And I say this as someone with Aspergers.
No, I mean the Hero Class gets referenced as an idea by name heavily due to Dragon Quest's influence. The word Yuusha has become synonymous with Dragon Quest in Japan.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
> Adored by many
Bruh...you know how many people love SMRPG and want Geno in Smash? Geno in one of the most requested Smash characters, and by far the most requested Square Enix character

If it's your opinion, it's your opinion. Don't treat "SE doesn't show interest in Geno" as fact when you have no proof of it.

It's also important to note that the only 4 Square Enix spirits in the game are 2 spirits of Cloud, Geno, and Mallow. That's it. None of the other "more important" series you speak of have any spirits
Well no. No third party series outside the ones already represented in the game in some capacity have spirits. That includes Capcom's, Konami's, Namco's, and SEGA's IPs. The few exceptions are an indie and Rayman - who already cameo'd in the series before.

Alright then believe what you want. I'll let you dream it's not harming anyone.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm the same way. It strengths the leak, but doesn't confirm it enough. We need some better information. This is pretty much a case of "strong chances, but don't be surprised if it turns out to be someone else".

No, I mean the Hero Class gets referenced as an idea by name heavily due to Dragon Quest's influence. The word Yuusha has become synonymous with Dragon Quest in Japan.
Yes, I get that. I was just pointing out an irony, is all.

That aside, it's very likely that Tansut may end up suffering Vergeben's fate, regardless of his flawless victory last time with Cloud.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well no. No third party series outside the ones already represented in the game in some capacity have spirits. That includes Capcom's, Konami's, Namco's, and SEGA's IPs. The few exceptions are an indie and Rayman - who already cameo'd in the series before.

Alright then believe what you want. I'll let you dream it's not harming anyone.
I mean you don't have any proof of SE not showing interest in Geno, everyone has their opinions.

Again, it's fine if you don't believe they do, but, once again, you don't have proof of it

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Would it be like having a Piranha over Geno?
No because Geno isn't the star of the Mario franchise. Slime isn't the star of Dragon Quest, just like Chocobo isn't the star of Final Fantasy. Mario was already well established in Smash while Dragon Quest would be brand new. There's also this to consider:

Brave is slightly shorter than Mario. Slimes are notably small, sometimes to the point you could hold one in your hands. It would probably be one of the shortest characters in the game especially since it doesn't have legs or feet.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes, I get that. I was just pointing out an irony, is all.

That aside, it's very likely that Tansut may end up suffering Vergeben's fate, regardless of his flawless victory last time with Cloud.
Though to be fair, his actual leak of Cloud was mostly ignored. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was leaked the same information as the rest, but it was still leakbait to begin with.

Though to be honest, I kind of hate leakbait because its whole purpose is to downplay a cool character option. It serves the purpose of trying to catch leakers, but it also just creates turmoil.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Though to be fair, his actual leak of Cloud was mostly ignored. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was leaked the same information as the rest, but it was still leakbait to begin with.

Though to be honest, I kind of hate leakbait because its whole purpose is to downplay a cool character option. It serves the purpose of trying to catch leakers, but it also just creates turmoil.
We wouldn't have that in the first place if leakers didn't want to expose things usually just so they can get Internet fame. Which is fleeting anyway, so there's no point in chasing it. C'est la vie.

I'm getting a bit too philosophical, aren't I?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We wouldn't have that in the first place if leakers didn't want to expose things usually just so they can get Internet fame. Which is fleeting anyway, so there's no point in chasing it. C'est la vie.

I'm getting a bit too philosophical, aren't I?
Too true. You win some, you lose some.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Slime isn't the same as Pikachu though because Pikachu is the mascot of Pokemon media, period. It's Red's leading Pokemon in the manga and Ash's in the anime. Pikachu is also playable in almost every single game that it is in. Take away Slime from Dragon Quest and it doesn't really do anything. Get rid of Pikachu from Pokemon and you lose a main character for not only a good chunk of the games but the manga and anime too. Pikachu and Yoshi are similar, yes, Slime is not.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Lets not start with the "no interest in."

If true, SMRPG would not have been re-released 3 times in 10 years

If true, Geno wouldn't have gotten a Mii costume in Smash 4

If true, Geno wouldn't have gotten a LEGENDARY spirit in Ultimate
That's all Nintendo's doing, not Square's. Nintendo was absolutely the ones who pushed for those things.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Slime isn't the same as Pikachu though because Pikachu is the mascot of Pokemon media, period. It's Red's leading Pokemon in the manga and Ash's in the anime. Pikachu is also playable in almost every single game that it is in. Take away Slime from Dragon Quest and it doesn't really do anything. Get rid of Pikachu from Pokemon and you lose a main character for not only a good chunk of the games but the manga and anime too. Pikachu and Yoshi are similar, yes, Slime is not.
Slime is still the mascot of the whole franchise. Nobody else has that place. He's 100% the series Pikachu and always was. The franchise doesn't branch out as much as Pokemon does either, being mostly games compared to Pokemon covering wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more.

Get rid of Slime, and you pretty much make people wonder where the de facto monsters are, a very huge part of why Dragon Quest is such an influential franchise. Yoshi doesn't have to be in a Mario game. Many have it without him and it's not a big deal. He isn't a staple to it. Pikachu not being available in the base game of any Pokemon(before the after-game content) has been met with some huge backlash. How can you have Dragon Quest without a Hero and the Slime? They're the most pivotal characters to the franchise.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Brave is slightly shorter than Mario. Slimes are notably small, sometimes to the point you could hold one in your hands. It would probably be one of the shortest characters in the game especially since it doesn't have legs or feet.
Olimar should be microscopic in Smash by that logic, but he isn't.

Also I don't really know where you got "Slimes are notably small" from because they're usually depicted as being at least a foot tall, with some being much larger. Size in Slime's case isn't really an issue.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Olimar should be microscopic in Smash by that logic, but he isn't.

Also I don't really know where you got "Slimes are notably small" from because they're usually depicted as being at least a foot tall, with some being much larger. Size in Slime's case isn't really an issue.
But characters are done to scale. Of course he isn't microscopic but Olimar is still short (third shortest). Kirby is still short (the shortest). The typical "Slime" shown in promotional stuff is still, like you said, a foot tall. Why would Slime be depicted nearly as tall as Mario, again, despite having no legs and no feet? There's no reason for Slime to be as tall as Ness, Lucas, and Toon Link in Smash. The concept still stands. Pikachu is small despite no longer being about a foot and half tall. Ridley is still the biggest despite no longer being a towering dragon. It's all done to scale.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But characters are done to scale. Of course he isn't microscopic but Olimar is still short (third shortest). Kirby is still short (the shortest). The typical "Slime" shown in promotional stuff is still, like you said, a foot tall. Why would Slime be depicted nearly as tall as Mario, again, despite having no legs and no feet? There's no reason for Slime to be as tall as Ness, Lucas, and Toon Link in Smash. The concept still stands. Pikachu is small despite no longer being about a foot and half tall. Ridley is still the biggest despite no longer being a towering dragon. It's all done to scale.
Or he could've been scaled up to be a proper target for hitboxes. He might be bigger, closer to the King Slime. The issue is we have little details and absolutely zero knowledge of the gameplay itself. The idea of it being just one small piece, like the Slime Stack is hardly impossible. They're just partial stats that may only be for one part of the gameplay(the actual moves used). We don't know what's going on here. The stats aren't very useful data at this point. Because we need to see them within gameplay to understand how it fully works. It's even less to off of than the name itself, which actually gives us a decent hint of what the character could be. While still being vague.

All this tells us is that Erdrick is reasonably likely. But we don't have enough evidence to come to a hard conclusion, just one of many.

D

Deleted member

Hello and welcome back, Foz. I do not know you, but it's nice to meet you and I'm glad to have you back here after 10 years. :)

Geno is also my favorite Mario character, and we all hope to see him return again in a new Mario RPG game or Smash Ultimate. A Ridley main? I see you're a man of culture as well. I'm glad some of us like you and me main Ridley and give him some love, despite being called "useless" and "low-tier". I love showing Isabelle mains the door with Ridley's down and side special. Now that we got Ridley and King K. Rool, I hope we get to see Geno make it as a playable character this time! Oh man, it'll feel great having the three most requested characters of all time in Smash. #HolyTrinity
Thanks guy! And yes, I love playing as Ridley. He's a lot of fun imo however I still haven't decided on a main yet for Ultimate. I just chose him because I've been playing him the most so far and he was my number 2 hopeful since Brawl. I've been playing a lot of Cloud too lately because 1) my hype for the VII remake is through the goddamn roof and I've been waiting for years to get that thing in my hands and B) I never did get the DLC for the 3DS version so he was still pretty new to me once I unlocked him. Funny enough he was the last character I unlocked in Ultimate and I've been using him a lot online.

If Geno gets in, I just know I'll be playing the piss out of him as well.

Hello and welcome back :)

I need Geno to be DLC

I also need a remake of SMRPG

Speaking of which, there's another thread you might like as well! - https://smashboards.com/threads/operation-starfall-bringing-life-to-smrpg-again.467163/
I know about Operation Starfall! =) I've even been telling IRL friends of mine to go sign the petition too that aren't necessarily huge fans of Geno or SMRPG but would invite his inclusion with open arms. Even they know how cool of an addition he'd make in Smash. Truth is I've been lurking the boards for a few months now around the time of the Grinch leak and kept this thread in my bookmarks. Never got around to posting until now though. Much obliged nonetheless!

Muh God... I remember you! Weren't you on Nsider too? One of the coolest things about this cycle is all the people who have come back after not being in the speculation game since Brawl to give us support. Thanks for the well wishes.
My man! When I started lurking a while back I was ecstatic to see that you were still kicking around these boards and showing your support for our boy. Even though you only have a few years on me in age, I remember looking up to you as some guru of the Geno fanbase. Every argument you ever made in his defense just made sense to me and influenced me to push for Geno even harder. Glad to see you're doing well though my friend! Never been on Nsider though haha. Or maybe I was, idk. My memory is fuzzy. I used to be a big pothead back then. Still am tbh... Oh, Canada.

As far as the Brave stats go, my heart wants to say Geno. I can see how a lot of those stats can fit his character and I can imagine his play style being similar to what's been revealed so far but my brain is saying Erdrick. DQ is the one SE series I'm not too familiar with which is funny because I've played just about everything else SE has released. I can't deny the success that DQ has received though and I'll be more than happy to give Erdrick a shot assuming it's him. If I was Nintendo though I'd push hard for Geno mainly because he's a good rep to have for their flagship series. It just makes sense. The Mario franchise gets a cool rep and Square gets money out of it, like amiibo's for example. I don't collect them and never bought one. I don't even plan on getting K. Rool, Ridley or any of my past mains for that matter, but I would 110% get a Geno one. Hell, I'll buy 2. One for out of box and another that's still in its packaging.

D

Deleted member

Thanks guy! And yes, I love playing as Ridley. He's a lot of fun imo however I still haven't decided on a main yet for Ultimate. I just chose him because I've been playing him the most so far and he was my number 2 hopeful since Brawl. I've been playing a lot of Cloud too lately because 1) my hype for the VII remake is through the goddamn roof and I've been waiting for years to get that thing in my hands and B) I never did get the DLC for the 3DS version so he was still pretty new to me once I unlocked him. Funny enough he was the last character I unlocked in Ultimate and I've been using him a lot online.

If Geno gets in, I just know I'll be playing the piss out of him as well.

I know about Operation Starfall! =) I've even been telling IRL friends of mine to go sign the petition too that aren't necessarily huge fans of Geno or SMRPG but would invite his inclusion with open arms. Even they know how cool of an addition he'd make in Smash. Truth is I've been lurking the boards for a few months now around the time of the Grinch leak and kept this thread in my bookmarks. Never got around to posting until now though. Much obliged nonetheless!

My man! When I started lurking a while back I was ecstatic to see that you were still kicking around these boards and showing your support for our boy. Even though you only have a few years on me in age, I remember looking up to you as some guru of the Geno fanbase. Every argument you ever made in his defense just made sense to me and influenced me to push for Geno even harder. Glad to see you're doing well though my friend! Never been on Nsider though haha. Or maybe I was, idk. My memory is fuzzy. I used to be a big pothead back then. Still am tbh... Oh, Canada.

As far as the Brave stats go, my heart wants to say Geno. I can see how a lot of those stats can fit his character and I can imagine his play style being similar to what's been revealed so far but my brain is saying Erdrick. DQ is the one SE series I'm not too familiar with which is funny because I've played just about everything else SE has released. I can't deny the success that DQ has received though and I'll be more than happy to give Erdrick a shot assuming it's him. If I was Nintendo though I'd push hard for Geno mainly because he's a good rep to have for their flagship series. It just makes sense. The Mario franchise gets a cool rep and Square gets money out of it, like amiibo's for example. I don't collect them and never bought one. I don't even plan on getting K. Rool, Ridley or any of my past mains for that matter, but I would 110% get a Geno one. Hell, I'll buy 2. One for out of box and another that's still in its packaging.
For Smash, the only thing confirmed right now is that I will buy a Geno amiibo if he is in

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For Smash, the only thing confirmed right now is that I will buy a Geno amiibo if he is in
Honestly, give him and Mallow am amiibo anyway. They deserve it.

Hell, I think we should get amiibo for all the DLC characters and some related ones where possible. Jack Frost, Slime(if Erdrick is in, or Erdrick if Slime is in), Sephiroth(maybe Aerith too? Like, they're the 3 most known in FFVII). There's tons of great amiibo options at this point.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, give him and Mallow am amiibo anyway. They deserve it.

Hell, I think we should get amiibo for all the DLC characters and some related ones where possible. Jack Frost, Slime(if Erdrick is in, or Erdrick if Slime is in), Sephiroth(maybe Aerith too? Like, they're the 3 most known in FFVII). There's tons of great amiibo options at this point.
Rayman amiibo would be the funniest amiibo.

And I am not kidding when people use that as an argument to why he may not make it (although, even if it would look weird, they can just use the tubes like they did with multiple Smash 4 amiibos, such as Fox's)

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Rayman amiibo would be the funniest amiibo.

And I am not kidding when people use that as an argument to why he may not make it (although, even if it would look weird, they can just use the tubes like they did with multiple Smash 4 amiibos, such as Fox's)
...Or Urbosa's. ._.;

But yeah, it's a funny joke. I won't lie, I like the two joke amiibo ones. It won't stop him from getting in. Now, having odd hitboxes due to his limbs could affect his chances. As balance is very important to Sakurai. If he thinks the character might be too hard to keep balanced, well...

Though to be fair, I want the Rabbids in instead. And they would have a great amiibo too. Dahhhhhh!

D

Deleted member

Sure Aerith and Seph would make cool amiibo's but gimme a Tifa one and I'll have a 'shut up and take my money' moment. That's my OG waifu right there. I'd also like to see a Cid one, maybe with him lighting a stick of dynamite from the lit cigarette in his mouth.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pre-patched Bayonetta Smash 4
Which is why she got the patch. Reality is, playtesting isn't perfect. He thought she would be balanced, but realized he didn't playtest enough and harshly patched her. She got patched even more in Ultimate.

She also doesn't have invisible limbs, which is an issue that is separately addressable from bad playtesting.

D

Deleted member

Which is why she got the patch. Reality is, playtesting isn't perfect. He thought she would be balanced, but realized he didn't playtest enough and harshly patched her. She got patched even more in Ultimate.

She also doesn't have invisible limbs, which is an issue that is separately addressable from bad playtesting.
They could make Rayman not very strong and be light to make up for it.

The only thing that would make Rayman broken are his detached limbs which would give him a lot of range, but PP's range is ridiculous, so I don't think that is an issue

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
...Or Urbosa's. ._.;

But yeah, it's a funny joke. I won't lie, I like the two joke amiibo ones. It won't stop him from getting in. Now, having odd hitboxes due to his limbs could affect his chances. As balance is very important to Sakurai. If he thinks the character might be too hard to keep balanced, well...

Though to be fair, I want the Rabbids in instead. And they would have a great amiibo too. Dahhhhhh!

If Sukapon can work as an AT, then by gum Rayman can fit in. I don't want him to be the next Ridley here.

And I think Ubi knows well at this point that fans wouldn't want the Rabbids to get in over him first, the TMNT Smash-Up incident was bad enough.

Sure Aerith and Seph would make cool amiibo's but gimme a Tifa one and I'll have a 'shut up and take my money' moment. That's my OG waifu right there.
I see you are a man of culture as well.

Though I think they'll just focus on playable character amiibos anyway. Regular Poochy please.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
No because Geno isn't the star of the Mario franchise. Slime isn't the star of Dragon Quest, just like Chocobo isn't the star of Final Fantasy. Mario was already well established in Smash while Dragon Quest would be brand new. There's also this to consider:

Probably safest to say that Brave is Wario's height. This could work for Erdrick if they are planning on making him as floaty/jumpy as Toon Link.

However I kind of want to hear what kind of theory crafting can be made to make the point that the stats would not be placed on a Toon Link like character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They could make Rayman not very strong and be light to make up for it.

The only thing that would make Rayman broken are his detached limbs which would give him a lot of range, but PP's range is ridiculous, so I don't think that is an issue
I don't know if it's just range. His limbs are hitboxes too theoretically. That's more of what I mean. Having a lot of range isn't the whole factor. I mean, he's workable, but he definitely isn't one you can instantly make work without lots of balancing thoughts.

If Sukapon can work as an AT, then by gum Rayman can fit in. I don't want him to be the next Ridley here.

And I think Ubi knows well at this point that fans wouldn't want the Rabbids to get in over him first, the TMNT Smash-Up incident was bad enough.
Rabbids are the one who got a crossover with Mario and it was extremely well received. The issue was that the Rabbids replaced extremely wanted characters in comparison like Rocksteady and Bebop(though they weren't in that particular show, but it was still a complaint). There were still others that made more sense than 3 separate Rabbid clones. That's actually pretty justified for annoyance. It was 3 slots after all. Rabbids are highly popular, so taking up one slot is nowhere near the same thing. That said, Rabbid and Rayman are treated as entirely separate series. Sukapon also doesn't affect how the balance will work here. Being able to hit its limbs makes sense cause it's just an AT. It may make Rayman too weak if his jab are able to easily take damage, meaning his range is a major downside.

D

Deleted member

I don't know if it's just range. His limbs are hitboxes too theoretically. That's more of what I mean. Having a lot of range isn't the whole factor. I mean, he's workable, but he definitely isn't one you can instantly make work without lots of balancing thoughts.

Rabbids are the one who got a crossover with Mario and it was extremely well received. The issue was that the Rabbids replaced extremely wanted characters in comparison like Rocksteady and Bebop(though they weren't in that particular show, but it was still a complaint). There were still others that made more sense than 3 separate Rabbid clones. That's actually pretty justified for annoyance. It was 3 slots after all. Rabbids are highly popular, so taking up one slot is nowhere near the same thing. That said, Rabbid and Rayman are treated as entirely separate series. Sukapon also doesn't affect how the balance will work here. Being able to hit its limbs makes sense cause it's just an AT. It may make Rayman too weak if his jab are able to easily take damage, meaning his range is a major downside.
Just like how Ridley was too big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom