• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I highly dount brave is geno, mostly because i wouldnt use that as his codename.

Puppet maybe, or Star, but not brave.

Anyway, part of the reason im fine with geno is because the concept of wasting a slot is stupid. In every crossover game, the only time i feel a slot was wasted was Evil Cole in PSASBR. Geno will bring a new and hopefully unique moveset, so even if i dont care for the character i can still be hyped about a new playstyle!
lol that was very dumb I agree, bothered me to no end he was his own character.

D

Deleted member

I highly dount brave is geno, mostly because i wouldnt use that as his codename.

Puppet maybe, or Star, but not brave.

Anyway, part of the reason im fine with geno is because the concept of wasting a slot is stupid. In every crossover game, the only time i feel a slot was wasted was Evil Cole in PSASBR. Geno will bring a new and hopefully unique moveset, so even if i dont care for the character i can still be hyped about a new playstyle!
Well, about brave being the codename, would you ever guess that the codename "jack" would be referring to Joker? I think the codename is just something to hide who the character actually is, rather than hint at who the character is. Using a name like "puppet" or "star" may make it obvious that Geno is brave. Again, not saying 100% brave is Geno, but something to consider.

I agree that Geno has a lot of unique moveset potential, and I hope he makes it :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latyon

Smash Cadet
Honestly it feels mildly anti-consumer to not just tell us what's in the pass

Like I bought it because I'll probably be satisfied with whatever they put in it but some people would only buy it if one of the characters they want like Banjo or Steve or something was in.
I feel the same way. From the way it is panning out so far, I'm glad I didn't buy it. I have negative interest in both Joker and Erdrick.

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
Well, about brave being the codename, would you ever guess that the codename "jack" would be referring to Joker? I think the codename is just something to hide who the character actually is, rather than hint at who the character is. Using a name like "puppet" or "star" may make it obvious that Geno is brave. Again, not saying 100% brave is Geno, but something to consider.

I agree that Geno has a lot of unique moveset potential, and I hope he makes it :D
Jack Frost is Atlas' mascot, so it still shows a bit of relevence to the character. Im not positive it's eckhardt but i feel we need a justification for the codename being genos above "Geno is Brave" before we can start hyping it up. After the grinch leak im a lot more hesitant about this stuff.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Jack Frost is Atlas' mascot, so it still shows a bit of relevence to the character. Im not positive it's eckhardt but i we need a justification for the codename being genos above "Geno is Brave" before we can start hyping it up.
That's the point, the codename may not show relevance to the character, because maybe the devs would know the game would be datamined. I would also like to note that PP and Joker were revealed before the game was released, and even then, "jack" shows relevance to Joker, but no one would have guessed that jack was referring to Joker.

With this in mind, Geno does fit the stats of brave. You are right though about not jumping to the conclusion that it is him, but it could be

Last edited by a moderator:

StormC

Smash Hero
Honestly it feels mildly anti-consumer to not just tell us what's in the pass

Like I bought it because I'll probably be satisfied with whatever they put in it but some people would only buy it if one of the characters they want like Banjo or Steve or something was in.
If someone really wants to know they can just wait for all characters to be announced before buying the Pass.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If someone really wants to know they can just wait for all characters to be announced before buying the Pass.
This. Not to mention, Sakurai was very adamant about people only buying the pass if they were certain of its value. He knows it's a blind bag and people could easily end up dissatisfied after the fact. That said, the blind fighter's pass is still something that appeals to a lot of people, so I wouldn't necessarily call it anti-consumer. I don't like the idea of a blind bag either, but... I can see why they're doing it.

D

Deleted member

I missed a lot huh?

So we're guessing brave was a coverup?
It could be. The stats of the character is what we are mainly paying attention to, and the character does not seem like a swordsman, but rather a floaty zoner

D

Deleted member

So if Brave really is Geno, that might help raise awareness of SMRPG?

(moving this here)
No doubt it would. It would still raise awareness of SMRPG if he is one of the DLC characters other than brave.

Geno being either brave or another one of the DLC characters, it would definitely raise awareness of SMRPG

D

Deleted member

Hey gang!

Just wanted to pop my head in and say hello after about 10 years of being inactive on these boards. Quick intro I guess, but my name is Foz and I was a huge supporter of Geno back in the Brawl days and considered myself a proud member of the Geno Alliance. If some of ya remember me, great! If not, no worries haha. It's a sad shame that I can't look through my old posts without cringing my ass off. I had to be about 15 or 16 at the time. I phased out of Smash around the Wii U/3DS release mostly because I never owned a Wii U and despite owning it on the 3DS, I just didn't enjoy Smash on a handheld. Been playing a ton of Ultimate though and it's friggin amazing!

I mostly wanted to come by and say thank you to all of you for keeping our star born saviour alive and relevant. He's my favourite Mario character that has yet made it into Smash and is my number 1 hopeful to make it in the series. I also supported guys like Ridley and K. Rool and I'm super stoked about their inclusion. If Geno still doesn't make it in this time around, it's not the end of the world and my support for him will still stay strong til the end. This community has always been so cool and so chill to me. Every fanbase has their bad apples, not ruling out ours at the slightest but based on my experience from back in the day, our fanbase has been a calm and respectful one despite what some haters may say.

I'm still here along the ride with you guys! Here's hoping we get Geno as DLC. Cheers guys!

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Actually, you are incorrect. While the original logos for Warioware and Star Fox come from those games, they were edited so they simply say "Warioware" and "Star Fox" (which, btw, is the exact same font used for other games in the series other than Zero).
FFVII and Bayonetta are the only ones to specify the game.
Also, in-game the series is also listed as FFVII, not FF. Check the music files.
If we're getting a FF character, it's from VII. And it would have to be either Sephiroth or Tifa (can't see Aerith given she has gotten the Assist Trophy treatment in Dissidia FF)
Yep, it's very unlikely if it isn't someone from FF7. Let's say if it was... Vivi, their logo would be Final Fantasy IX; Black Mage's would be Final Fantasy I because they first appeared in that game. We know Bayonetta's logo is Bayonetta 2, but it's weird how the music selection has her game's name set as "Bayonetta". But yeah, Cloud's is FINAL FANTASY VII, both as his logo and name in the music selection.

So if we do get another FF character, it's most likely from FF7. Sephiroth, Red XIII, Barret, Tifa, or Vincent would be characters I'd like as a second FF7 character. If we were to get Erdrick, his logo would be Dragon Quest III. Now if we got Geno, depending on if there will be a second SMRPG game at the time, I think his logo would just be "Super Mario RPG" because it specifies that series; if there is no sequel of SMRPG, then his logo would just be "SMRPG: Legend of the Seven Stars", like as shown in the final Smash 4 Direct. The SMRPG soundtrack would be located in the causal Super Mario series, and that means Geno's emblem will be the Mushroom Kingdom one. Yes, if Geno did get in, his emblem would be the Mushroom Kingdom emblem like the Super Mario characters have because his Mii costume had it, so I know for sure that he won't get his own emblem, despite being third-party.
Tell me about it. Next thing we know, people will be spoiling that Mallow isn't a tadpole!

Oh, wait...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Inb4 Brave is a ****ing KoopaTroopa
>not my boy Shy Guy
The entire 8-Bit Club is ashamed of ya. :shyguy:

This. Not to mention, Sakurai was very adamant about people only buying the pass if they were certain of its value. He knows it's a blind bag and people could easily end up dissatisfied after the fact. That said, the blind fighter's pass is still something that appeals to a lot of people, so I wouldn't necessarily call it anti-consumer. I don't like the idea of a blind bag either, but... I can see why they're doing it.
Basically, it's a case of "we told you we'd shoot, but you didn't believe us! Why didn't you believe us?". I think patience is a virtue here, since the characters aren't ready yet, and they may not necessarily be the ones you want, but will still possibly ones you never thought you'd want, and end up liking them anyway. Bit more courteous than the bigger name companies that have strings attached to a similar kind of thing.

Regardless of that though, it's quite clear it'll be 5 of Sakurai's personal picks, whether it be characters liked by fans or his own wishlist. And I'm actually glad that I'm not getting spoiled, so it'll be a complete surprise again!

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Now I'm hardly a Sans expert since I've never played the game but I don't think I've ever seen people describe him as someone who could be a zoner, would he really work as one?
Sans could be. Undertale is a turn based RPG with a unique twist, but Sans by far has some of the most bombastic moves in the game baring maybe Flowey's boss fight. Sans is known for giant almost screen clearing lazers that can fire in all 8 directions, as well as bone attacks that can crawl along ceilings, floors, and walls, so those features could make him a possible zoner. Entertaining that Sans could be a Smash character. My only umbrage with implementing him is how does someone implement a character who dies upon getting hit only once get put into a fighting game? (and yes, I mean literally dies. I mentioned dodging before because he's the only enemy who dies in one hit in Undertale, the twist being you can't hit him for most of the fight, because he just dodges your attack. He is the only enemy who dodges in Undertale.). If we're being generous I suppose Technically Sans could be very light (as he is a skeleton), and suffer the highest knockback from enemy attacks of all characters.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace

If I saw "Puppet", "Star", "Legend", "Possess", or "Pinocchio" in the codes, I'd be very excited to see who it is. I highly doubt "Brave" is Geno, but he was brave enough to encounter Bowyer with all the arrow minions surrounding him. We know about the other three, but "Legend" would be relating to SMRPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and "Possess" would be referencing ♡♪!? possessing the Geno doll. Brave could just be there to hide someone or anyone.

If Banjo is coming, I'm 100% sure his codename would be something like "Instrument".
Huh, I never thought of Geno as a heavy character. I think he would lean towards being a lighter character. That's the only thing stopping me from thinking Geno could be the brave character. I'm leaning more towards it being Sans, but it could be Geno. After all, if I'm not mistaken, PP is actually heavier than Ridley, so maybe some characters are heavier than we thought. And would anyone have ever guessed that Paccku would be referring to Piranha Plant? Maybe brave is a character no one would think the codename has a hint to. Certainly interesting though
I want to believe.... but.... I don't see it.
I just can't imagine Geno even being Mario's weight, much less heavier; he's clearly designed as a glass cannon in SMRPG.
Plus, that run speed is rather low, considering he's the fastest character in SMRPG, and yet, he's slower than Mario and Bowser.
And I can't picture him falling slowly or sliding so much after dashing.
Don't forget, Mewtwo is a very light character but canonically weights about 269 pounds. Charizard is only 200 pounds and is heavier than Mewtwo in Smash Brothers. So I think it's clear to Sakurai that he doesn't care about Geno's heaviness because there is no official weight recorded for him, but most of us see Geno as being light as a feather because he's small and a toy. I do see Geno being a light-weight fighter or the same weight as Mario, but all of this evidence of the character's moveset stats is quite... interesting. Wow, what if Erdrick is actually leakbait? Now that everyone's concentrated on Erdrick, this will keep Geno hidden from the spotlight. I think... I think I see where this is going.
Sandwiched... You know what this makes me think of?

Yeah, I'm thinking he's in.
This reminds me of that time when Wendy's Twitter mentioned Geno.
I feel like if this really were Geno, the adjustments would have been done for the sake of balance because "canon" Geno would probably be a busted mess.
Geno could annihilate every fighter in Smash if he was playing by his canon rules, but Sakurai knows he's got to be balanced. Makes me wonder what his final smash would be... My guess is it's Geno Whirl, Geno Blast, or Geno Flash. I can see Geno Whirl acting like Dark Pit's final smash, where whenever he hits someone with his arrow, it changes and focuses the camera angle three times on the player that got hit by Geno Whirl, but what Geno Whirl does is whenever it hits somebody, it should show the exact SMRPG numbers "9999" above the hit player to reference the instant KO of Geno Whirl, and the character goes flying off the screen. And because Zelda's final smash is kinda an instant KO now, having Geno Whirl being a one-shot kill could happen. I can also see Geno Blast being his final smash and Geno Flash being his recovery.
Since things have slowed to a crawl around here, I might have something that could bring some light to this place.
This is super unlikely, and you can call me crazy, but....

Geno fits the stats of Brave.

Let's see what we have:

- Height of 13.
Slightly shorter than Mario (14), same size as Ness/Young Link/Lucas/Villager. Geno is canonically just a smidge shorter than Mario.

- Weight of 101.
Slightly heavier than Mario (98), weight is closest to Cloud and Mii Swordsman (100). Being made out of almost entirely wood, Geno would weigh slightly more.

- Relatively fast and floaty for their weight.
"Brave" has a surprisingly low gravity spec of 0.09 and a max run speed of 1.74, in between Kirby and Young Link. Odd, no?
...Do you see where I'm leading this?

- Slides a short distance when turning around from a dash.
This is a weird specification for a character. It looks like the skid is on Luigi levels of slippery. Wood has a tendency to skid when travelling fast. This is the longest shot of the theory, but if anything it does help.

- Labelled as "fighter_skin_kind_bio" within the param data.
This is where things get tricky. There are only two labels for this spec: bio or kikai. Kikai is only used for these four characters:
- Samus
- R.O.B.
- Mega Man
- Dark Samus
(The only odd one out of the group, most likely in here since she's an echo of Samus.)
It seems to just be a general "metal" specifier. Everyone in the bio group is, as you may have guessed, biological material. Humans, animals, plants.
Wood is a biological material.

The only thing that I can't seem to work around is the naming convention. If it is Geno, why codename him as brave?

Just something speculative to put into your heads.
This is honestly just amazing thinking. A month ago, someone asked what Geno's design would look like, and I said I actually imagined Geno to be an inch shorter than Mario, like about the same size as Young Link; I also said he'd get a similar brightness/design that the Super Mario characters got in this game. I wonder if this is really it. Ladies and gentlemen, did we really get him? Not sure where these stats came from but like I said, critical thinking, Slender. :)

D

Deleted member

If I saw "Puppet", "Star", "Legend", "Possess", or "Pinocchio" in the codes, I'd be very excited to see who it is. I highly doubt "Brave" is Geno, but he was brave enough to encounter Bowyer with all the arrow minions surrounding him. We know about the other three, but "Legend" would be relating to SMRPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and "Possess" would be referencing ♡♪!? possessing the Geno doll. Brave could just be there to hide someone or anyone.

If Banjo is coming, I'm 100% sure his codename would be something like "Instrument".

Don't forget, Mewtwo is a very light character but canonically weights about 269 pounds. Charizard is only 200 pounds and is heavier than Mewtwo in Smash Brothers. So I think it's clear to Sakurai that he doesn't care about Geno's heaviness because there is no official weight recorded for him, but most of us see Geno as being light as a feather because he's small and a toy. I do see Geno being a light-weight fighter or the same weight as Mario, but all of this evidence of the character's moveset stats is quite... interesting. Wow, what if Erdrick is actually leakbait? Now that everyone's concentrated on Erdrick, this will keep Geno hidden from the spotlight. I think... I think I see where this is going.

This reminds me of that time when Wendy's Twitter mentioned Geno.

Geno could annihilate every fighter in Smash if he was playing by his canon rules, but Sakurai knows he's got to be balanced. Makes me wonder what his final smash would be... My guess is it's Geno Whirl, Geno Blast, or Geno Flash. I can see Geno Whirl acting like Dark Pit's final smash, where whenever he hits someone with his arrow, it changes and focuses the camera angle three times on the player that got hit by Geno Whirl, but what Geno Whirl does is whenever it hits somebody, it should show the exact SMRPG numbers "9999" above the hit player to reference the instant KO of Geno Whirl, and the character goes flying off the screen. And because Zelda's final smash is kinda an instant KO now, having Geno Whirl being a one-shot kill could happen. I can also see Geno Blast being his final smash and Geno Flash being his recovery.

This is honestly just amazing thinking. A month ago, someone asked what Geno's design would look like, and I said I actually imagined Geno to be an inch shorter than Mario, like about the same size as Young Link; I also said he'd get a similar brightness/design that the Super Mario characters got in this game. I wonder if this is really it. Ladies and gentlemen, did we really get him? Not sure where these stats came from but like I said, critical thinking, Slender. :)
About the codename, I think it's possible that brave is referring to a character we wouldn't have guessed. For instance, jack does have some sort of connection to Joker, since he is Atlus's mascot, but no one would have guessed that jack is referring to Joker. I think brave could be referring to a character we would have never guessed or thought had any connection to the character.

We should find out soon though. The brave character will be revealed second, and even if it's not Geno, it will most likely be a short, zoner, floaty character. Something different

D

Deleted member

I was watching Seagull Joe vs Dexter in Losers Semis at S@X 284 and I managed to spot Mario RPG right here. And ironically Geno is on the Mario RPG screen

he's waiting
Screenshot_20190111-220810_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20190111-220814_YouTube.jpg

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Not to be THAT a guy, (even though I LOVE the theory that Geno is brave, gonna see how I can follow that up)

But, why wouldn’t they put his file name like “jino” like they did with the Spirits leak? Maybe it’s a different team?
Well uh, that would easily give it away. I think the developers learned that about now, especially since it happened in Smash 4. Jino is his name in Japanese, so that's a complete dead giveaway. These would be good codenames:

-Jack (Joker).
-Brave (Whoever this is).
-String/Music (Banjo). You need string in order to play a banjo, and it plays music. This could throw people off into thinking it could be PaRappa.
-Magic (Black Mage). This will throw a lot of people off, but magic could be anyone. One of the most-known video game characters that uses magic are the Black Mages from Final Fantasy.
-Legend (Geno). Referencing the game he made his first appearance in, and we know other codenames will give his secret away.
-Holy (Lloyd). Deeper meaning to his real name, Lloyd, is "llwyd" in the Welsh language, which meant "holy" during the medieval times.
-Sea (Alucard). Deeper meaning to his real name, Adrian, relating to the supposed origin of the name "Adrian", which many believed it originated from the sea.
-Infinite (Rodin). Rodin is also known as the Infinite One, and this would throw people off into thinking it's Infinite from Sonic Forces.
-Alien (Sephiroth). Sephiroth is also half-alien, and this would definitely throw people off.
-Block (Tetris Block). This will throw people off thinking it's Steve.
-Wart (Rash). Referencing the myth of touching toads will give you warts, also throwing people off thinking it's King Wart from SMB2.
-Clock (Crono). Referencing the clock in the Chrono Trigger logo.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Well uh, that would easily give it away. I think the developers learned that about now, especially since it happened in Smash 4. Jino is his name in Japanese, so that's a complete dead giveaway. These would be good codenames:

-Jack (Joker).
-Brave (Whoever this is).
-String/Music (Banjo). You need string in order to play a banjo, and it plays music. This could throw people off into thinking it could be PaRappa.
-Magic (Black Mage). This will throw a lot of people off, but magic could be anyone. One of the most-known video game characters that uses magic are the Black Mages from Final Fantasy.
-Legend (Geno). Referencing the game he made his first appearance in, and we know other codenames will give his secret away.
-Holy (Lloyd). Deeper meaning to his real name, Lloyd, is "llwyd" in the Welsh language, which meant "holy" during the medieval times.
-Sea (Alucard). Deeper meaning to his real name, Adrian, relating to the supposed origin of the name "Adrian", which many believed it originated from the sea.
-Infinite (Rodin). Rodin is also known as the Infinite One, and this would throw people off into thinking it's Infinite from Sonic Forces.
-Alien (Sephiroth). Sephiroth is also half-alien, and this would definitely throw people off.
-Block (Tetris Block). This will throw people off thinking it's Steve.
-Wart (Rash). Referencing the myth of touching toads will give you warts, also throwing people off thinking it's King Wart from SMB2.
-Clock (Crono). Referencing the clock in the Chrono Trigger logo.
Clock would be too obvious - there's not really anyone else "clock" could be other than Chrono. I'd use "traveler" instead, because time travel, and it would leave a lot of options as to who it could be.

Other than that yeah, those would all be pretty good codenames.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just entirely read the last two pages I missed.

So Brave might not be Erdrick? :'D
Yeah, it may not be. I'm heavily doubting it too, given the character's stats.

Even if it is, though, we shouldn't give up on Geno making it into wave 1 DLC!

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Clock would be too obvious - there's not really anyone else "clock" could be other than Chrono. I'd use "traveler" instead, because time travel, and it would leave a lot of options as to who it could be.

Other than that yeah, those would all be pretty good codenames.
I was actually thinking about putting "Millennium" as his codename, but that one is also pretty obvious. Traveler is pitch-perfect, good thinking.

And thank you. :)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Brave was just guessed to be Erdrick. It was never a beyond obvious theory. Jack is a lot more clear, considering there's literally 3 things possibly tying it to Joker; Jack Frost(same franchise), Jack of all Trades, and Playing Cards' Jack(which Joker is a playing card name). We don't exactly know which version is being referenced at all.

Erdrick is a very educated guess, of course. But a safe bet he is not. We wouldn't even be considering it safe if there weren't a few leakers out there. However, keep in mind only one leaker is severely trustworthy, and they leaked Cloud. While the rest are coming to a conclusion that it could be Erdrick. Thus, just cause one leaker thinks it could be him doesn't mean there's actual evidence in itself. How many leakers already knew of Erdrick independent of this datamine? Cause that's what should be used to help us determine how likely he is, not the datamine(which is anybody's guess).

Do keep in mind I think Erdrick is highly likely, so don't take this as a knock against him likely being in. I'm saying to keep an open mind to what Brave could mean.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Hey gang!

Just wanted to pop my head in and say hello after about 10 years of being inactive on these boards. Quick intro I guess, but my name is Foz and I was a huge supporter of Geno back in the Brawl days and considered myself a proud member of the Geno Alliance. If some of ya remember me, great! If not, no worries haha. It's a sad shame that I can't look through my old posts without cringing my *** off. I had to be about 15 or 16 at the time. I phased out of Smash around the Wii U/3DS release mostly because I never owned a Wii U and despite owning it on the 3DS, I just didn't enjoy Smash on a handheld. Been playing a ton of Ultimate though and it's friggin amazing!

I mostly wanted to come by and say thank you to all of you for keeping our star born saviour alive and relevant. He's my favourite Mario character that has yet made it into Smash and is my number 1 hopeful to make it in the series. I also supported guys like Ridley and K. Rool and I'm super stoked about their inclusion. If Geno still doesn't make it in this time around, it's not the end of the world and my support for him will still stay strong til the end. This community has always been so cool and so chill to me. Every fanbase has their bad apples, not ruling out ours at the slightest but based on my experience from back in the day, our fanbase has been a calm and respectful one despite what some haters may say.

I'm still here along the ride with you guys! Here's hoping we get Geno as DLC. Cheers guys!
Hello and welcome back, Foz. I do not know you, but it's nice to meet you and I'm glad to have you back here after 10 years. :)

Geno is also my favorite Mario character, and we all hope to see him return again in a new Mario RPG game or Smash Ultimate. A Ridley main? I see you're a man of culture as well. I'm glad some of us like you and me main Ridley and give him some love, despite being called "useless" and "low-tier". I love showing Isabelle mains the door with Ridley's down and side special. Now that we got Ridley and King K. Rool, I hope we get to see Geno make it as a playable character this time! Oh man, it'll feel great having the three most requested characters of all time in Smash. #HolyTrinity

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, if the pass has a bunch of heavy-hitters in it and they're shown off all at once, it might cause people to have heart attacks. The Internet can only take so much exploding.
I know that feeling because I almost had a heart attack when :ultkrool: was revealed. I would die of hype if Goemon and Banjo & Kazooie were announced in the same Direct because my heart can not take that all at once.

D

Deleted member

Hey gang!

Just wanted to pop my head in and say hello after about 10 years of being inactive on these boards. Quick intro I guess, but my name is Foz and I was a huge supporter of Geno back in the Brawl days and considered myself a proud member of the Geno Alliance. If some of ya remember me, great! If not, no worries haha. It's a sad shame that I can't look through my old posts without cringing my *** off. I had to be about 15 or 16 at the time. I phased out of Smash around the Wii U/3DS release mostly because I never owned a Wii U and despite owning it on the 3DS, I just didn't enjoy Smash on a handheld. Been playing a ton of Ultimate though and it's friggin amazing!

Hello and welcome back :)

I need Geno to be DLC

I also need a remake of SMRPG

Speaking of which, there's another thread you might like as well! - https://smashboards.com/threads/operation-starfall-bringing-life-to-smrpg-again.467163/

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Remember when our competition was a square sword boy who actually DESERVED to be in?

Good times. At least Sephiroth was evil

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey gang!

Muh God... I remember you! Weren't you on Nsider too? One of the coolest things about this cycle is all the people who have come back after not being in the speculation game since Brawl to give us support. Thanks for the well wishes.

Onto Brave, it is a weird situation. Brave is floaty but moves decently fast in the air and falls fast. I believe the most floaty swordsman right now is Toon Link (tied with Metaknight) but he doesn't fall particularly fast while Brave is in top ten. Of course, Toon Link and Metaknight are fast on the ground to make up for it but Brave is perfectly average. Might be worth matching these up to see who they are most similar to.

To people popping in, the public release of Brave's stats have made even supporters of Erdrick doubt that it's adult Erdrick. Based on the stats, it's definitely not a grown man in heavy armor and comparing the stats to the likes of Ike, Link, and the Belmonts makes it pretty apparent. Good aerial movement but average ground movement, further complicated by a slide almost as pronounced as Luigi's. I'm trying to mull over how the character is supposed to play because it's very different from most swordsmen.

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
yeah it sucks that erdrick is the biggest threat because he is the one I want the least (except maybe slime )

D

Deleted member

Muh God... I remember you! Weren't you on Nsider too? One of the coolest things about this cycle is all the people who have come back after not being in the speculation game since Brawl to give us support. Thanks for the well wishes.

Onto Brave, it is a weird situation. Brave is floaty but moves decently fast in the air and falls fast. I believe the most floaty swordsman right now is Toon Link (tied with Metaknight) but he doesn't fall particularly fast while Brave is in top ten. Of course, Toon Link and Metaknight are fast on the ground to make up for it but Brave is perfectly average. Might be worth matching these up to see who they are most similar to.

To people popping in, the public release of Brave's stats have made even supporters of Erdrick doubt that it's adult Erdrick. Based on the stats, it's definitely not a grown man in heavy armor and comparing the stats to the likes of Ike, Link, and the Belmonts makes it pretty apparent. Good aerial movement but average ground movement, further complicated by a slide almost as pronounced as Luigi's. I'm trying to mull over how the character is supposed to play because it's very different from most swordsmen.
Wouldn't brave play like a zoner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom