• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai Probably meant that statement about the year long development at the time, but one is always trying to advance the process and make things more efficient. I wouldn't be surprised if he managed with that massive team now to concurrently develop all of the characters and crank them out one every 5-6 months or so, especially if the hope to be done by the end of 2020. As far as Nintendo's deciding the DLC... That's honestly a mixed bag. Probably more likely to leak now, but even harder to predict. I think Sakurai's statement about the DLC completion probably referred to the finalization of all 5 characters. That doesn't mean that the others weren't taken care of and possibly even conceptualized before that tweet.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
It’s pretty evident that characters were conceived a long time ago, possibly at the same time as regular fighters. Development on the DLC probably started around the time the base game went gold, if not before: look at Piranha Plant if you want evidence, it looks nearly finished.
Yeah I really think there was a mass misunderstanding of Sakurai's tweet about the characters being "now completed". People thought that meant that the DLC was just decided the other day. When you go back and watch the direct it's pretty clear that the characters were decided on several years ago considering Rex was explicitly said as not making the cut because of when his game was announced not even released. It was announced publicly in January 2017. So DLC had to have been chosen at minimum over a year ago and likely was much earlier than that.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Sakurai Probably meant that statement about the year long development at the time, but one is always trying to advance the process and make things more efficient. I wouldn't be surprised if he managed with that massive team now to concurrently develop all of the characters and crank them out one every 5-6 months or so, especially if the hope to be done by the end of 2020. As far as Nintendo's deciding the DLC... That's honestly a mixed bag. Probably more likely to leak now, but even harder to predict. I think Sakurai's statement about the DLC completion probably referred to the finalization of all 5 characters. That doesn't mean that the others weren't taken care of and possibly even conceptualized before that tweet.
The website says all of the dlc (season 1 pass at least) will be out by feb 2020. That's the beginning of 2020. Assuming Piranah is feburary with his amiibo, thats 12 months for the remaining 5 fighters.

Here is a source: https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/1/1...os-ultimate-dlc-characters-price-release-date

Last edited:

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice

An awesome remix of Weapons Factory.
Fantastic score...I love the way they integrated the Culex Battle Theme at the end.

Speaking of, I remember watching the reveal for Simon and Richter, and seeing Dracula as a boss...And thinking of how amazing it would be for them to bring in characters like Smithy and Culex as bosses like that. I guess my expectations were a bit unrealistic.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still be thrilled if Geno appears as DLC...But there was so much he missed out on by not being in the base game. Like a Mallow AT, SMRPG items, a role in World of Light, unique bosses, a CGI trailer, etc.

But hey, at least with DLC, he'd be guaranteed a unique stage and MULTIPLE music tracks.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The website says all of the dlc (season 1 pass at least) will be out by feb 2020. That's the beginning of 2020. Assuming Piranah is feburary with his amiibo, thats 12 months for the remaining 5 fighters.

Here is a source: https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/1/1...os-ultimate-dlc-characters-price-release-date
DLC will be released by February 2020, not in that month. It will most likely be released in a staggered manner, with a character every few months. Piranha Plant will be released in January 31st, 2019.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
DLC will be released by February 2020, not in that month. It will most likely be released in a staggered manner, with a character every few months. Piranha Plant will be released in January 31st, 2019.
Thanks for the clarification. And yeah, that's what I predicted. 5 fighters in 12 months is one every 2.4 months or so. That's very frequent!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Geno's the first I'd like to see him, in the least an announcement, late march. That's my birthday

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
"Vergeben posted on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, in the topic "Us Geno fans are the most oppressed group of people on the Internet"39 minutes ago "

I saw it on Gamefaqs but he already removed his message, you guys can see it on his gamefaqs account.
Wow this thread is pure cringe. Even 4chan's Geno threads on /v/ were more tamed than this.

We really need to see the comment that Verg deleted or at least make him to repeat once again what he had said. Him deleting it so quickly means that he definitely spilled some beans.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Why do people still use Gamefaqs?
It's pretty sad, as in the old days, the actual FAQS and walkthroughs were good. They're redundant in this age of the internet, but they were at least usually done decently.
Now it's a PG-13 rated 4chan, but way less informative.

Paperluigi11

Smash Cadet
BREAKING NEWS

Apparently the Geno Mii Costume has been shown in Ultimate
It’s hard to tell what that means for Geno, as every other character with a Mii Costume is in the game in some form (counting rathalos for monster hunter) and having the Mii Costume missing could be taken as a confirmation that Geno is dlc. At the very least, it confirms that Sakurai has the ability to use Geno in smash.

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
It's pretty sad, as in the old days, the actual FAQS and walkthroughs were good. They're redundant in this age of the internet, but they were at least usually done decently.
Now it's a PG-13 rated 4chan, but way less informative.
i mean, for a lot of less popular games their walkthroughs are some of the only ones

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
Reminder that Mii Costumes doesn't deconfirm anything. We literally have 3 Chroms in this game.

btw that monhun costume is dope af

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Chrom being in Robin's final smash actually makes me realize that Tom Nook is technically not deconfirmed

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
BREAKING NEWS

Apparently the Geno Mii Costume has been shown in Ultimate
Someone is claiming that's actually Wii U's UI

I never had Wii U, but that's the first question I asked

Does anyone know? I can't seem to find a picture of Ultimate's UI

Edit:

So, yeah. I think the pic is fake

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Someone is claiming that's actually Wii U's UI

I never had Wii U, but that's the first question I asked

Does anyone know? I can't seem to find a picture of Ultimate's UI

Edit:

So, yeah. I think the pic is fake
Wow, can't believe I didn't notice that that was Smash 4's UI...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Mii Costume being in scares the piss out of me now...

Sure I know it technically doesn’t deconfirm him, and both chrom and k rool got in...

But why suddenly reveal it now? And is the krool and chrom costumes even still in?

this mixed with Nintendo being the ones who came up with a list of characters and told sakurai to pick from em makes me feel a bit worried.

If he misses out again idk what to think...really don’t want to wait another 5+ years before we get another shot...especially because this is his best chance yet, if he doesn’t make it this time his chance of ever appearing drops drastically.

I’ll continue to support geno getting in until I’m a rotting corpse in the ground, but I’d much rather see it happen sooner than later.
I was wrong. I was tricked with Smash Wii U screenshot

I knew it looked off, but I never owned Smash Wii U

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
I was wrong. Someone tricked me with Smash Wii U screenshot

I knew it looked off, but I never owned Smash Wii U
I think we need to all take a break now seriously.... we’re all getting a bit too nervous that we fall for anything, good or bad at this point....
Trolls are being bigger assholes to us than usual lately.

Last edited:

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if I would prefer to have the costume back or not. If it's not back, his chances as DLC skyrocket, but at the same time we could end up without character and without outfit.

Wouldn't make much sense to have a spirit/icon without the costume though.

MashedPotatoUltimate

Smash Apprentice
I doubt the Mii Costumes deconfirm anyone (other than the ones created specifically from ultimate)

It seems like they just brought back every Mii fighter costume from smash 4 into this game

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Whoever put them all together like that must really love Sakurai's Mii.

grizby2

Smash Lord
on the topic of geno DLC netting square some cash, I think the very nature of smash bros also helps it by a lot.
the fact that there are SO MANY CHARACTERS is one of smash's greatest charms . this might be my own bias speaking, but theres no reason for me to skip out on any characters, even if its a character I hate with the most heated of passions. hell, wii fit trainer, mii fighters, villager, duck hunt, dark pit, and doctor Mario left me feeling bummed, but I still love smash bros regardless. they all rubbed off on me I guess~ and Ironically they were the characters I wanted to "dissect" and learn from the most.
so even if we have a bunch of haters, I think they'll still want to look at Geno anyway! love him or hate him, but always BUY him!

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
on the topic of geno DLC netting square some cash, I think the very nature of smash bros also helps it by a lot.
the fact that there are SO MANY CHARACTERS is one of smash's greatest charms . this might be my own bias speaking, but theres no reason for me to skip out on any characters, even if its a character I hate with the most heated of passions. hell, wii fit trainer, mii fighters, villager, duck hunt, dark pit, and doctor Mario left me feeling bummed, but I still love smash bros regardless. they all rubbed off on me I guess~ and Ironically they were the characters I wanted to "dissect" and learn from the most.
so even if we have a bunch of haters, I think they'll still want to look at Geno anyway! love him or hate him, but always BUY him!
Yeah, the DLC characters could all be varying colors of toad and I'd still buy it.

I'd be salty, but I'd still buy them. I'm not gonna have a gap in my roster. =P

Splendid_Days

Smash Rookie
"Vergeben posted on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, in the topic "Us Geno fans are the most oppressed group of people on the Internet"39 minutes ago "

I saw it on Gamefaqs but he already removed his message, you guys can see it on his gamefaqs account.
He just now posted in reply clarifying his response.

Well it was indeed him saying something nasty.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77183753?jumpto=68#68

Seems he could use a quick dictionary search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom