• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
So are we really expecting an announcement at VGA regarding DLC for smash.
I think its mostly going to be waiting till Sakurai mentions something I would imagine.
i honestly cant see us getting a smash dlc announcement from anyone other than nintendo, but who knows

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
They showed off Cranky in Tropical Freeze at TGA. Anything goes, but it feels like the only reason we're thinking about it is because the show is the day before Ultimate's release.

It's certainly possible that a team of professional developers could create a little tech demo of a character to be shown off, the question is whether or not it's worth it.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
Imo it's obvious there would be a square enix rep again. Think of it this way, King k rool got in and he was popular, Chrom got in and he was popular more so in Japan, inkling got in probably because of timing and they were popularly wanted characters. Tails is highly requested by the sonic community and other fans but not that highly though in general so i said spirit or returning mii costume, that tekken character (forgot his name) wasn't really highly requested if you ask me probably because sakurai wanted as DLC personally, Black knight has been deconfirmed soo............ who is left who was a popular character? Geno, so far all majorly popular mii costumes were made characters. Plus what sakurai said "it didn't end up materializing" might of meant he wasn't able to finish Geno as a character or couldn't put in That game but next smash makes mores sense since it's mostly a fanservice game regardless if Nintendo is picking dlc characters. They are aware of his popularity too and he makes the most sense, because he has deep ties to Nintendo, would make great profits for Nintendo and square enix, a mario character to a degree, Purely owned by square, they already got the super mario rpg composer making music for smash lol, and would FINALLY complete the holy trinty of impossible characters and unite him back with mario and the crew.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
"Vergeben posted on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, in the topic "Us Geno fans are the most oppressed group of people on the Internet"39 minutes ago "

I saw it on Gamefaqs but he already removed his message, you guys can see it on his gamefaqs account.
Well, that certainly puts a new perspective on things. I always thought Verge was kinda separated from the Nintendo fandom and that he was just a leaker who had the right contacts.

Edit: Wait, I misread, I thought Verge was the Geno fan posting this thread. My bad. What was it that he said on this thread?

Last edited:

CraziiDamon

Smash Rookie
"Vergeben posted on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, in the topic "Us Geno fans are the most oppressed group of people on the Internet"39 minutes ago "

I saw it on Gamefaqs but he already removed his message, you guys can see it on his gamefaqs account.
If I had to guess, I would say it was something in favor of Geno fans getting hate, and maybe that's why he deleted it. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if Verg actually hates Geno's fanbase like everyone else.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
If I had to guess, I would say it was something in favor of Geno fans getting hate, and maybe that's why he deleted it. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if Verg actually hates Geno's fanbase like everyone else.
i really want geno to get confirmed so those assholes will finally shut up lmfao

MashedPotatoUltimate

Smash Apprentice
I guess we just have to wait and see on what Verg said unless no one comes forward

People mostly hate Geno because of his popularity in the smash community, the hate he gets is undeserved tbh

Popular or not I still think he’s a pretty cool character with a great premise and unique weaponry

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Like everything, it is a few/certain number of people that "ruin it" for the rest.

For example, I have a friend who does like Waluigi. Unfortunately, there was the base, within the Waluigi base, that made it toxic with all that hate when he was revealed as an AT. He still hopes for Waluigi to be upgraded or eventually included, but he is not anything like those who left things in bad taste.

So for Geno fans, obviously there are those who added toxicity to the whole matter. That does not mean the entire base (like Waluigi fans) are toxic or add to the negative ... but unfortunately the negative tends to be remembered more than the positive.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
It was implied one of the names he's heard for the Enix rep. Since he seems to understand fan demands (he supported Isaac despite all the hate), I'd either guess he was defending Geno fans like he did Isaac fans, or just saying how Geno has a good shot because he's one of the names.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
It was implied one of the names he's heard for the Enix rep. Since he seems to understand fan demands (he supported Isaac despite all the hate), I'd either guess he was defending Geno fans like he did Isaac fans, or just saying how Geno has a good shot because he's one of the names.
Not sure if this is ****posting but according to someone in the thread:

“He confirmed Geno but deleted it too quickly for me to screencap it.”

paper roxy

Smash Ace
god, people on gamefaqs are honestly hilarious sometimes. they but the words trashbag and garbage in front of geno's name... true intellectuals

owjies

Smash Journeyman
GameFAQs strikes again, lol. Honestly, I think the TC was trolling more than anything else. Vergeben probably just wrote something random and deleted it right away to mess with him.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Not sure if this is ****posting but according to someone in the thread:

“He confirmed Geno but deleted it too quickly for me to screencap it.”
That would certainly make sense of why he deleted it so quickly. If gave a concrete answer to the Square character right now, it would be easier for Square to send there own variety of ninja to find the one responsible for giving the info. My question is why did he say anything in the first place?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't see why he'd give a concrete answer when he has said he has heard seven names with three more-recurring.

I guess he could've gotten an update on that, but he also doesn't want to get his sources fired since Square is paranoid about leaks.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
The user that wrote that Verge confirmed Geno was the topic creator though. No way I trust him.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The user that wrote that Verge confirmed Geno was the topic creator though. No way I trust him.
There certainly would be some bias in that statement. Really, unless there is a pic somewhere, we can't fully trust what anyone has to say on that thread.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That whole thread basically needs a nice tall glass of shut the **** up... I'm once again reminded that the GameFaqs forums are like farting into a megaphone: it's technically a way to be heard that's accessible to everyone but it's loud, obnoxious, and there's much better ways while retaining your dignity.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
That whole thread basically needs a nice tall glass of shut the **** up... I'm once again reminded that the GameFaqs forums are like farting into a megaphone: it's technically a way to be heard that's accessible to everyone but it's loud, obnoxious, and there's much better ways while retaining your dignity.
Yeah. If you're gonna fart into something loud, do it over a PA system at a middle school during morning announcements. Amateurs, I tell you what...

Anyways, yay Geno!

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Gamefaqs smash threads are a good exercise in patience lmao

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
At least with 4chan there's occasionally posts that are insightful and funny but with GameFAQs it is like 95% **** posting. I don't see how anyone can stand to be a regular there, especially someone straight laced like Vergeben.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
At least with 4chan there's occasionally posts that are insightful and funny but with GameFAQs it is like 95% **** posting. I don't see how anyone can stand to be a regular there, especially someone straight laced like Vergeben.
I unfortunately spent most of the Brawl speculation days there. For the record, I don't remember Geno being NEARLY as hated then as he is now, though my memory is most likely faulty.
They don't really even have a good reason for hating him; the most I saw was "People were arrogant about wanting him." So petty.

dreamstar_g

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
7952 9587 6387
I don’t get how people can hate Geno while basing it on the fanbase. Unless they hated him in RPG, it makes no sense. I mean I find some Waluigi fans to be annoying, but I still like him. But then every character’s fanbase has those bad eggs and Geno haters seem to ignore that

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I think people forgot Smash isn't about only relevant characters, or at least current characters. I don't think many people in Melee days were thinking before its launch: "Man, I wish the Ice Climbers were playable!"

Or brawl: "I really want Pitt!"

Or 4: "Give me Duck Hunt!"

So all in all, no character should be out right rejected by fans because of "x" reason or "y" reason or since they personally do not like the character ...

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I think people forgot Smash isn't about only relevant characters, or at least current characters. I don't think many people in Melee days were thinking before its launch: "Man, I wish the Ice Climbers were playable!"

So all in all, no character should be out right rejected by fans because of "x" reason or "y" reason or since they personally do not like the character ...
I was a duck hunt supporter lol.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Lack of relevancy was never a good argument.

Look at the retro characters, Jigglypuff from Brawl onward, and one of the most highly requested characters for the past 10 years, King K. Rool

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Pit was very much supported for Brawl.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Tbh people who hate on a character or game because of the fanbase always tend to be more annoying than the fans themselves imo.

Sure, there are toxic fans, but there's no reason to generalize the whole fanbase and bash the character/game based on it instead of having your own opinion.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
In 2014 Sakurai said that it takes around a year to make a character in Smash: https://mynintendonews.com/2014/10/...ating-smash-bros-character-takes-over-a-year/

If they just finalized the list, and that statement is still accurate, then we can expect DLC to be released in late 2019... but then that doesn't make sense because DLC is said to be released throughout 2019. I don't get how they can create the characters within such a small timeframe, I mean they're starting actual development on them after the game is released. Either they suddenly figured out how to create completely new fighters, stages, and music at lightspeed or someone's lying. Nah, I don't think they'd lie. Right?

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
In 2014 Sakurai said that it takes around a year to make a character in Smash: https://mynintendonews.com/2014/10/...ating-smash-bros-character-takes-over-a-year/

If they just finalized the list, and that statement is still accurate, then we can expect DLC to be released in late 2019... but then that doesn't make sense because DLC is said to be released throughout 2019. I don't get how they can create the characters within such a small timeframe, I mean they're starting actual development on them after the game is released. Either they suddenly figured out how to create completely new fighters, stages, and music at lightspeed or someone's lying. Nah, I don't think they'd lie. Right?
Mewtwo was released about 5-6 months after being revealed for Smash 4, with Lucas not far behind. I'd say it wouldn't take a whole year...

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I was not referring to supporting or enjoying a character. My comment was about obscure characters people were not expecting or thinking would be on the game. This is not including leaks or anything, I meant the concept of either old or obscure characters who are on smash and then I used such examples characters I bet people wouldn’t have thought of being on smash before it’s development, leaks, rumors etc.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

It’s pretty evident that characters were conceived a long time ago, possibly at the same time as regular fighters. Development on the DLC probably started around the time the base game went gold, if not before: look at Piranha Plant if you want evidence, it looks nearly finished.

god, people on gamefaqs are honestly hilarious sometimes. they but the words trashbag and garbage in front of geno's name... true intellectuals
Indeed. Truly, we cannot compete with such deep and profound insights like this gem.

lol yup even a baby could break WreckaGeno apart with their bare hands. I mean, can you imagine turning that piece of rotten plywood into an outhouse? You'd sit your ass down, ready to take one huge s*** then you fall/break through the goddamn termite-infested toilet and right into the steaming pile of s*** below. SewaGeno isn't even good for taking a s*** in, lmao.
(TBH, this unironically made me laugh)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom