• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I trust Fatmanonice Fatmanonice since he seems like a solid dude, so by extension I trust you. I'm not going to ask you to verify your source with me since that's kinda rude to ask, I just wish that papagenos papagenos Dcord chat didn't toss you aside like an empty water bottle when I brought you up.
terribly sorry about the discord, obviously I do not control everybody in there.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
No offense, but I wouldn't trust a fan group to give unbiased opinions. as a hardcore Zelda fan, I usually tell newcomers to the series not ask a fanbase what they think about the game for this very reason, since a lot of them are jaded fans who missed your traditional formula, while ignoring that this is probably the best performing Zelda in a long time. They actively try to turn people away because of their bias.

meanwhile I'm hearing bad opinions from more casual fans of Kirby. opinions that I agree with, wild hardcore fans are telling me it's not that bad. You know where else I've heard that? Sonic forces.

in any case I don't want to get too far off topic from Geno
Kirby fan's can actually be a lot more critical to the series than you may think lol.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Nintendo never does one or the other, Nintendo usually makes gold whilst simultaneously making bonehead decisions consistently throughout the years.
Yes the Wii U had a garbage Paper Mario and managed to wreck a Star Fox 64 rehash, but they also gave us Splatoon and Mario maker.

These days yes we get breath of the wild and Metroid Samus returns, but we also get Kirby star allies, Pokemon let's go, and axing the Virtual Console in favor of a subscription service that only has NES games that released 4 times slower that made it on the Wii which had a much more Superior Retro Game service. I'm just saying I trust in tendo to make good games but not making good decisions.
I really, REALLY love Kirby Star Allies, and somewhat enjoy Let's Go, though. The only bad thing you mentioned was Online service, which is eh. Comparatively speaking, this is the most in-touch era I've EVER seen Nintendo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If it wasn't for some cool mechanics and DLC I would have been disappointed in Kirby Star Allies

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
I trust Fatmanonice Fatmanonice since he seems like a solid dude, so by extension I trust you. I'm not going to ask you to verify your source with me since that's kinda rude to ask, I just wish that papagenos papagenos Dcord chat didn't toss you aside like an empty water bottle when I brought you up.
PapaGenos actually knows where I'm getting my info, he's talked with him albeit briefly on Discord. That wasn't on his server though, so likely the other people there didn't see. If you want my discord, it's sabi#4552. I'm more than able to give you any info you want, I just do not want to disclose things publically and I want to be able to trust you. I know PapaGenos knows my source, because when PapaGenos was talking about his Microsoft tie, my source wanted to ask him some questions becaue my source was hearing Isaac wasn't in (which he wasn't :( )

Regardless of any info I have, I think it stands to reason that this news has been very positive for Geno.

Last edited:

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
I’m super intrigued to hear what you’ve got if you could please message me! I’ll be mum. I’ve just been desperate for Geno so long, I just need to know for myself. I’m dying for any and all odds! Thanks and I respect your decision to be as private as possible, I’ll happily uphold that too.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
For those on the Geno and Papagenos discord servers who didn't believe I was Polarpanda, here is your proof. My discord handle is Sabi. Thank you.
And yes, the past day has been great for Geno. :)

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
For those on the Geno and Papagenos discord servers who didn't believe I was Polarpanda, here is your proof. My discord handle is Sabi. Thank you.
And yes, the past day has been great for Geno. :)
Did you hear something new regarding Geno's inclusion?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If it wasn't for some cool mechanics and DLC I would have been disappointed in Kirby Star Allies
But, damn, dat free DLC tho. They brought back freakin' Adeline, aside from Geno, the character I've wanted Nintendo to revive for the longest time. The amount of fan service is absurd and, from the looks of things, Wave 3 is finally coming soon with the remaining 4 (6?) playable characters.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Did you hear something new regarding Geno's inclusion?
No, I did not. I just had some people asking in a few servers, namely PapaGeno's, if I was PolarPanda, and some did not believe me. I was mostly talking about how I got the info I had, and how I wouldn't have anymore for a little while. I saw PapaGenos in this thread, so that reminded me to go back over to his. Nothing new, unfortunately. Still just Geno.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
PolarPanda will probably have to close the bar at some point because more people knowing his sources endangers them. We joke about Nintendo ninjas a lot but NDAs are very serious and they would likely be booted out of the industry if too much got out. To further emphasize how serious this is and how much PolarPanda trusts us, we have NAMES, like, not screen names but actual first and last names of actual people in the industry. I know, you guys are antsy and you probably don't think it's fair that a handful of Boomers were trusted with the information but please don't pry for the sake of this fanbase's reputation.

Last edited:

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
No, I did not. I just had some people asking in a few servers, namely PapaGeno's, if I was PolarPanda, and some did not believe me. I was mostly talking about how I got the info I had, and how I wouldn't have anymore for a little while. I saw PapaGenos in this thread, so that reminded me to go back over to his. Nothing new, unfortunately. Still just Geno.
I'm a bit late to the party. So you're someone verified by a mod here (and obviously cannot reveal anything), who heard from NoA that Geno is in, or was bandied around as a possible inclusion?

Xigger

Smash Lord
I have good faith with the Nintendo-selected DLC. If Mario Kart DLC got 2 F-Zero stages, then I have faith in Smash DLC having some fan favorites too.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
since nintendo is picking dlc, the most likely ones to me right now are geno, bandana dee, dixie kong, obligitory fire emblem swordfighter, and banjo.

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
I'm a bit late to the party. So you're someone verified by a mod here (and obviously cannot reveal anything), who heard from NoA that Geno is in, or was bandied around as a possible inclusion?
His source has an ear in the rumors that float around NoA, and has told him of several rumors (four I think?) in the past, all of which have been true. Now, that same source is telling him of a rumor going around NoA that Geno will be the first DLC character announced.

I don't know who exactly his source is, but long-time members of the Geno Alliance do. PolarPanda really seems solid, and I don't have any reason to disbelieve him.

And honestly, I think this recent tweet by Sakurai corroborates the idea that there was DLC talk at Nintendo in the recent weeks.

So...Yeah. I'm still feeling good about our boy's chances.

(I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, so correct me if anything I said was wrong)

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
since nintendo is picking dlc, the most likely ones to me right now are geno, bandana dee, dixie kong, obligitory fire emblem swordfighter, and banjo.
REALLY hoping for not another FE Sword fighter. May be an unpopular opinion here, but I think there's more than enough FE in Smash.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I'm actually a little worried. Sometimes 4chan gets it right, someone leaked Piranha Plant 2 or so days before the direct and everyone ignored him.

Then on the 4th someone said Nintendo is selecting all the DLC fighters, and the first 2 are Dragon Quest Slime then Minecraft Steve. 2 days before Sakurai said Nintendo already selected all the characters. http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/437803804

I'm guessing the names Verg heard was Slime, Sora, and Geno. I really hope PolarPanda's contact is right about Geno.

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I'm actually a little worried. Sometimes 4chan gets it right, someone leaked Piranha Plant 2 or so days before the direct and everyone ignored him.

Then on the 4th someone said Nintendo is selecting all the DLC fighters, and the first 2 are Dragon Quest Slime then Minecraft Steve. 2 days before Sakurai said Nintendo already selected all the characters. http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/437803804

I'm guessing the names Verg heard was Slime, Sora, and Geno. I really hope PolarPanda's contact is right about Geno.
i mean, that couldve easily been a joke. making fun of nintendo picking the dlc instead of sakurai doesnt seem very out of place

RingJ5

Smash Ace
REALLY hoping for not another FE Sword fighter. May be an unpopular opinion here, but I think there's more than enough FE in Smash.
I wouldn’t expect Dixie or a FE Swordfighter, the former because she’s an extremely prominent Spirit, and the latter because Elma is one of the biggest “locks” for Ultimate DLC, and I doubt they’d have both FE and Xenoblade characters in the same pass. Basically nothing from XCX is in Ultimate yet, not even music.

I’d expect Geno, BWD, Elma, Banjo/Steve(sadly, that’s still more of a tossup than any of us would like) and some big third-party shock character to finish it off.

>going into detail on the movesets of characters not slated for release for another full year

Yeah, no, that’s not how this works. Any leak that does this is fake.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I wouldn’t expect Dixie or a FE Swordfighter, the former because she’s an extremely prominent Spirit, and the latter because Elma is one of the biggest “locks” for Ultimate DLC, and I doubt they’d have both FE and Xenoblade characters in the same pass. Basically nothing from XCX is in Ultimate yet, not even music.

I’d expect Geno, BWD, Elma, Banjo/Steve(sadly, that’s still more of a tossup than any of us would like) and some big third-party shock character to finish it off.

>going into detail on the movesets of characters not slated for release for another full year

Yeah, no, that’s not how this works. Any leak that does this is fake.
I pretty much agree with this list. I know I'm biased but I really think the last shock character could be a Joker from Persona if we're not getting Sora. I'd say Steve over Banjo unfortunately because Geno would serve as the core fanbase character while Steve would be for Mass marketing. The character I'd guess with the most confidence though is Geno.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman

If it helps, there has never been a true 4chan Smash leak where they go into detail on the characters' movesets.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

This pretty much breaks all the basic rules of thumb of believable leaks based on everything I've seen in my 12 years here:

-Leakers almost never know specifics. If they go into minor details, they're talking out their ***. Knowing things like final smashes and specific moves is way too specific. If they do this, it's a Kyle/Toby post (4chan slang for people who make fake leaks as a sort of fanfiction).

-Leakers rarely express absolute certainty. Usually they have some reservations because their information is almost always second hand.

-Leakers usually don't have repeated contact with their sources. For example, Verge came across his info a couple of months before Smash Ultimate was even announced and gradually talked about more and more of it.

-Leakers can be backed up by other credible leakers. If what they say flies in the face of what others say, it's probably fake.

-Leakers don't call out other leakers because, if credible, that draws attention to themselves. Like I've said, NDA's are a serious thing.

-Leakers don't claim to know what's impossible to know. "Sakurai had an epiphany?" Are they Sakurai? Fake.

-Leakers are to the point. This drags on for two posts to the point of being excruciating.

All this said, it's no better than a vast majority of 4chan fake leaks.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd actually like Slime despite never having played a Dragon Quest game and don't really plan to anytime soon, but I'd much rather have Geno of course.

And, yeah, that 4chan leak is fake.

Last edited:

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190

If I'm remembering right, there was also a 4chan post prior to the August Direct (as far back in July) that was the first and possibly the only leak to correctly predict Richter in the roster as well as K. Rool. At the time it was given weight for getting such a long shot character right, however they also said that Gardevior was in with Gothitelle as an echo, and as we know now that simply isn't true.

Always take 4chan with a grain of salt, mostly because there are an average of 5 "leak" posts per half hour and odds are someone is bound to have a lucky guess, and because even people who may have a lead can be fed misinformation or quoted out of context. I'm even beginning to adopt the philosophy of either a character has a shot or he doesn't; percentages and clues don't add up to much in the face of a corporate process I or others know little about, and there's so much more I could be doing rather than losing mental health over a character that, while I love dearly, isn't worth stressing out over for almost another year to come worst case scenario until something concrete is announced.

In short, don't sweat it. Geno's chances are the same and will remain the same, and being 99% or 1% possible is a terrible mindset to be in. It's either 100%, or 0%, and even though all we know is that it's not 0%, that's good enough for me for now.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I pretty much agree with this list. I know I'm biased but I really think the last shock character could be a Joker from Persona if we're not getting Sora. I'd say Steve over Banjo unfortunately because Geno would serve as the core fanbase character while Steve would be for Mass marketing. The character I'd guess with the most confidence though is Geno.
I’d absolutely love Joker as well, but I don’t think that he or Sora have much of a chance unless Persona/KH was coming to Switch and Nintendo/Sakurai already knew about it, since Nintendo’s the one that made the list. A Namco/Bethesda/Ubisoft rep seems a bit more likely as a possibility, unless we end up getting both Banjo and Steve.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I’d absolutely love Joker as well, but I don’t think that he or Sora have much of a chance unless Persona/KH was coming to Switch and Nintendo/Sakurai already knew about it, since Nintendo’s the one that made the list. A Namco/Bethesda/Ubisoft rep seems a bit more likely as a possibility, unless we end up getting both Banjo and Steve.
This isn't really the thread for this, but there is a 3DS exclusive persona game (which is rumored to be on the switch as well) coming out next year which stars Joker. It's the second Nintendo exclusive persona game, not counting the persona x fire emblem crossover on the Wii u. Back to Geno though, I really think we should consider the scenario of both him and Sora getting in. We shouldn't lose hope if we see Sora at the game awards.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice

Don't worry it's fake. His first mistake was saying Steve would use magic, when there isn't magic in the game lol. Only magical enchantments that's it. Second mistakes was saying banjo and kazooie would basically be a heavier version of duck hunt, when they are nothing alike. His third mistake was explaining in high detail on why they were picked. His last mistake was saying how he knew exactly why sakurai choose doom Slayer in the leak. TerminalMontage TerminalMontage nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Don't worry it's fake. His first mistake was saying Steve would use magic, when there isn't magic in the game lol. Only magical enchantments that's it. Second mistakes was saying banjo and kazooie would basically be a heavier version of duck hunt, when they are nothing alike. His third mistake was explaining in high detail on why they were picked. His last mistake was saying how he knew exactly why sakurai choose doom Slayer in the leak. TerminalMontage TerminalMontage nothing to worry about.
I guess they could mean he throws magic potions.

Magic potions to have various effects on enemies.

He could throw like a lingering poison potion or something

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
PolarPanda will probably have to close the bar at some point because more people knowing his sources endangers them. We joke about Nintendo ninjas a lot but NDAs are very serious and they would likely be booted out of the industry if too much got out. To further emphasize how serious this is and how much PolarPanda trusts us, we have NAMES, like, not screen names but actual first and last names of actual people in the industry. I know, you guys are antsy and you probably don't think it's fair that a handful of Boomers were trusted with the information but please don't pry for the sake of this fanbase's reputation.
I've been around since the beginning and I trust you guys. =) I'm also very appreciative of Polar Panda. Hope my word helps add some trust. ^_^

paper roxy

Smash Ace

GameXplain video discusses Geno's chances at 21:50.
jon talks about geno, the entire thread will soon explode. also a lot of the stuff they're saying isnt true lol. geno isnt a spirit, mario rpg released in europe with the snes classic, and geno has a fanbase in america as well, as lots of japan based polls have geno still coming on top, even ones dating back to 2006.

Last edited:

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
I guess they could mean he throws magic potions.

Magic potions to have various effects on enemies.

He could throw like a lingering poison potion or something
He said just magic not magic potions. If your going to make a fake leak learn and the game first.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

I remember reading this a few days ago.

“There will be no gameplay though because they haven't started to develop the characters yet.”

He then proceeds to describe all of their movesets

paper roxy

Smash Ace
well, jon doubling (tripling? quadrupling?) down on it being geno's time is always reassuring. too bad a lot of what the others were saying wasnt really true. i still have hope for my boy though

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
jon talks about geno, the entire thread will soon explode. also a lot of the stuff they're saying isnt true lol. geno isnt a spirit, mario rpg released in europe with the snes classic, and geno has a fanbase in america as well, as lots of japan based polls have geno still coming on top, even ones dating back to 2006.
Jon is the one optimistic about Geno... guess who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom