• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

link2702

Smash Champion
I think that's the joke of the move in SMRPG. She's a level headed healer who suddenly has a jarring final move that is her flinging bob-ombs on all the enemies. She already has the frying pan from SMRPG too so it's not like she isn't repped from there.
I don’t see her as level headed in smash though, like I said more bubbly dumb blonde stereotype(or maybe absent minded might be a better term), which imo is just way too different to have that kinda fs. If her smash/modern personality was more like it was in Mario rpg, I could see it, but imo it’s just too different to feel right.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I don’t see her as level headed in smash though, like I said more bubbly dumb blonde stereotype(or maybe absent minded might be a better term), which imo is just way too different to have that kinda fs. If her smash/modern personality was more like it was in Mario rpg, I could see it, but imo it’s just too different to feel right.
What if they made it more...whimsical? Like, the blast radius effect could form a heart shape, or the bombs could be peaches, or they could make a comical sound effect as they fall. It's not impossible to modify it to be more in line with her character, while retaining the general aesthetic.

link2702

Smash Champion
What if they made it more...whimsical? Like, the blast radius effect could form a heart shape, or the bombs could be peaches, or they could make a comical sound effect as they fall. It's not impossible to modify it to be more in line with her character, while retaining the general aesthetic.
I could maybe see it if they had em all shaped like peaches and they came crashing down on the stage while she did her dance from the current final smash...

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
I could see them adding something a bit extra to it to make it feel more peach like. but I think she likely is getting a new final smash with the current changes. what other good options are there for a new peach final smash?
If I REALLY wanted to let my inner SMRPG fanboy off his leash, Peach's Final Smash would be the Bundt Cake from Marrymore rising up layer by layer from the stage similar to the Ice Climber's Iceberg Final Smash. It leaves the stage by quickly falling in on itself which reveals Booster was underneath eating it being applauded by the Snifts. This could be a two-fer reference since people love to callback to SM64 where Peach has supposedly baked a Cake for Mario.

The only other instance I can recall where Peach was the trigger for an impressive in-game attack was in Paper Mario, where her constant wishing to the stars called upon enough power for Mario to counter Bowser with the Star Rod. Could Peach wishing to the stars be reworked into a Final Smash or even a SMRPG assist from the Star Road? I'm less for this one since Ness and Lucas already rain down the heavens in their Final Smashes.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
There is a leak where it shows victory jingles for Incineroar, Geno, Ken, and Shadow.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/434767193

Fake or not, the leaker created it's own Geno victory theme and by it standards it sound pretty good!

It is a nice remix for Geno!

Take a listen!
Geno's Victory Theme

Edit: Confirmed faked thanks to CJBrine!

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

ZelDan

Smash Master

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog

I sure hope that the holy trinity is fufilled
The one great Sakurai, his labors completed, departed for vacation

And golden sacred characters remained at the point where the director boarded his cruise

Since then, the sacred characters have become the basis of fandoms' arguing

And the resting place of the characters has become the Ultimate Realm.

Graf von Tirol

Smash Cadet
Yeah, yet another fake "leak". If that victory chime were the real deal, it'd be much shorter.

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I mean at least we got to hear a nice remix of the victory theme! it feels like at this point people are desperately trying to find new angles to make their fake leaks. since people are bored of text leaks, and have gotten too good at calling out the fake image leaks.

granted these new kinds of leaks have been having even shorter life spans. getting deconfirmed within minutes time. kinda nice compared to a few months back when people were giving even the most absurd things like the riddle leak the time of day :p granted it's due to the change of atmosphere in the community leading to the end.

I'm at this point thinking it may end up being just Incineroar, Ken, Geno. but I'm hoping to be wrong. like it's possible Nintendo plugged the holes that were leaking their info and managed to save a few extra reveals from being leaked.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I'm at this point thinking it may end up being just Incineroar, Ken, Geno. but I'm hoping to be wrong. like it's possible Nintendo plugged the holes that were leaking their info and managed to save a few extra reveals from being leaked.
My feeling is a weird one, but I think it makes sense.

We know NOTHING about Spirits mode.

I am willing to bet that a reveal or two coincide with Spirits reveal. We will just have to wait and see.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting really antsy waiting for that supposed smash announcement everyone is thinking should happen either today or tomorrow because of the new tag being removed and the playlist update. starting to wonder if those are things they change just after a months time and it's not actually related to the reveals...

has anyone ever looked into there being a time where the playlist updated without a character incoming? actually where do I find this playlist?

thing is I think we need there to be a one off character reveal this month. otherwise then whenever that final direct does happen it probably is only gonna be Incineroar and Geno as our last uniques. could potentially be more than just Ken for echoes. but I don't see 3 brand new character reveals happening in the next direct. (well not unless they actually did do 2 characters in one trailer)

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I'm just glad there's less than two months left before the game releases, and we'll know the full character roster before then. I've been fine with being distracted with other games lately while waiting for any bit of news we might get.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder if we'll have the whole roster by the end of the month. By the end of next month for sure.

It's not long now

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So I just had a random thought upon waking up. What if 'that Geno render' is the one legit post from 4chan?
DmHhz46U0AAJKR8.jpg
Considering all we know about the Square rep right now.
-Multiple names are being thrown out.
-Leakers don't want to say to be wrong.
And the biggest one
-Jobs are at risk.

Now we got blessed with this rather nice render (has yet to be debunked) which if it's fake, bravo.

But more that I think about it, when the guy posted this he said along with it
"All I could take. Risk Job"

Take that as you will and of course all the salt, but putting all this info together...just maybe.

EDIT: Original post has been deleted for sometime, but I remember so vividly what was said.

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
So I just had a random thought upon waking up. What if 'that Geno render' is the one legit post from 4chan?
And the biggest one
-Jobs are at risk.

Now we got blessed with this rather nice render (has yet to be debunked) which if it's fake, bravo.

Take that as you will and of course all the salt, but putting all this info together...just maybe.
They did say that before Vergeben made the remarks about Square being harsh to leakers too.

I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
And the biggest one
-Jobs are at risk.

This one has always interested me. As someone who doesn't really believe leaks as they are usually proven false relatively quick, this one has yet to be debunked. The picture is pretty clear too. That's not to say it's real, but the fact we haven't got confirmation that it's fake means it definitely could be real. I think the chances are still slim that it is, but I think if people are saying that Ken screenshot is real, I think this one has a chance too. I have to say too, this one is one of the best renders I've seen of Geno, so I want to believe it's real as well. But I'm still cautious and leaning on the side of it being fake.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
The anons at 4Chan were hilarious when whoever posted the Geno render came through.

Anons: “Okay show us Geno and maybe we’ll *expletive* believe you, you *expletive*”

Geno anon: *shows photo and says* “All I can take. Risk job.”

Anons: “...holy *expletive* that’s pretty *expletive* convincing.”

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
The anons at 4Chan were hilarious when whoever posted the Geno render came through.

Anons: “Okay show us Geno and maybe we’ll *expletive* believe you, you *expletive*”

Geno anon: *shows photo and says* “All I can take. Risk job.”

Anons: “...holy *expletive* that’s pretty *expletive* convincing.”

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
What was it, close to an hour when that was posted from the request?

That was the greatest blow back ever!

Also, if this is indeed THE Geno render, I will feel really bad for Sakurai. That would mean he was really trying to hide this one with the help of Square.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
We haven't seen Peach's Final Smash yet, which is making people think it's been changed to something SMRPG related, like Psych Bomb or something similar that might give Geno's inclusion away. It's a stretch but believable.
lol watch it be the same final smash :( Though that bomb attack from Mario RPG would be nice. She already has the frying pan in her moveset. :D

When we all expected something this week on Smash.

Nintendo:

xD so true. Well I dont expect ANYTHING from till at least SUNDAY. LOL Sunday is Oct 15 in Japan and so my prediction table Oct 15 thru Nov 2nd comes into play now. lol

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Most of the character poses have been dynamic so I wonder how Geno's would be. As Sakurai has said himself, one of Geno's most notable traits is that his hands (fingers, wrists, and even goddamn elbows) are weapons so I imagine it'd be just his standard shot from when you first meet him. Also, I want them to go into the particulars of Geno Flash. How does he turn into a cannon? The actual blast has a face so is it him launching himself out of the doll body or was it just a design choice? It'd be great if those were finally explained.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
And the biggest one
-Jobs are at risk.

EDIT: Original post has been deleted for sometime, but I remember so vividly what was said.
Also, another thing about that render I've always wondered was what stage he's on. I've always guessed Tortimer Island, or something that probably has water in the background.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
And the biggest one
-Jobs are at risk.

I thought about this before, and was gonna post, but I was afraid it'd look like a tinfoil theory, though I think it's very plausible.

I'm just concerned about two things:

1. It being on the same thread as the Dixie & Banjo leak. That image just screamed fake to me, with Banjo's lifeless robot walk and his sausage fingers, however that doesn't mean the Geno image was from the same guy, even if the guy mentioned Geno when he posted the Dixie & Banjo image. Even if it was the same guy, it's possible he had a legitimate image of Geno, and to be honest, this Geno render looks to be of a much higher quality and seems to fit in Ultimate much better than the Dixie and Banjo; you can even notice a fine wood texture, not as harsh nor as simple/plastic as the fan-created renders
  2. I'm not sure where Geno would be in the game. If it's Tortimer's Island, it's lacking the clouds in the background, so it has to be either be an early version, another stage with an ocean, a menu screen, or his reveal trailer, as it doesn't match the player 2 background

To me it looks like it could be from an animation, so perhaps his reveal trailer, if that's not the standard render itself.

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Also, if this is indeed THE Geno render, I will feel really bad for Sakurai. That would mean he was really trying to hide this one with the help of Square.
I definitely don’t feel bad. Sakurai’s efforts will still make all of us Genobros ugly-cry tears of joyous affirmation with a Geno trailer even if it turns out we’ve seen a blurry still of it beforehand, and Nintendo will still sell millions of copies of this game so do not weep for thee. :p

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Also, another thing about that render I've always wondered was what stage he's on. I've always guessed Tortimer Island, or something that probably has water in the background.
Okay, so to add on to what I said, I just went to the Smash Ultimate website and I checked every single stage's backgrounds and lightings. I've narrowed it down to the stage possibly being: Pilotwings, Pirate Ship, Corneria, or Big Blue. I'm personally looking at Pilotwings and Pirate Ship the most though.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Most of the character poses have been dynamic so I wonder how Geno's would be. As Sakurai has said himself, one of Geno's most notable traits is that his hands (fingers, wrists, and even goddamn elbows) are weapons so I imagine it'd be just his standard shot from when you first meet him. Also, I want them to go into the particulars of Geno Flash. How does he turn into a cannon? The actual blast has a face so is it him launching himself out of the doll body or was it just a design choice? It'd be great if those were finally explained.
I think a lot of his poses will be either transformative like Corrin, or inspired by Gundam or other mechas. Sakurai tends to create natural movements matching their body type, but Ultimate seems to be blending in more of the character's personality. So I would expect the calm, graceful movements that Geno exhibits in his game, with flashy weaponization for attacks. Think Rosalina's manners, but Corrin's diversity.

As for the cannon, I have no expectations whatsoever. I just don't expect Project M's Geno Flash where he shoots himself out of himself.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I was actually thinking that Geno render could be from somewhere in the gallery. like a trophy viewer or something. would make sense for the simple background. but just because someone hasn't claimed it doesn't mean it's real per say. could be someone with the art skill of omni who just choose not to ever say it was them. but I do still see it being possible that it actually is the real render.

that mention about the jobs is actually an interesting hint. but you know think even fake leakers could come to the conclusion that a person leaking something could be risking their job.

so it can really go either way.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
that mention about the jobs is actually an interesting hint. but you know think even fake leakers could come to the conclusion that a person leaking something could be risking their job.
This is true; I find it interesting though, that if he was indeed the same person who gave that weird Dixie and Banjo image, he only mentioned "Risk job" when he brought up the Geno image, even when he already mentioned Geno's name.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Okay, so to add on to what I said, I just went to the Smash Ultimate website and I checked every single stage's backgrounds and lightings. I've narrowed it down to the stage possibly being: Pilotwings, Pirate Ship, Corneria, or Big Blue. I'm personally looking at Pilotwings and Pirate Ship the most though.
I was just looking those stages up as well. I am leaning towards Pilotwings and MAYBE Wushu Island. I vaguely rememeber someone said Delfino Plaza way back, but that would have to be right over the water.

It may very well be in a trophy room of sorts as well. Since we never had an actual character trailer leak (at least to my memory) I think it would be heavily guarded and protected this time around since what happened with Brawl.

There is so much we don't know with this one render. It is kind of ridiculous...but in a way so much fun as well!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You guys gotta remember that render was tied to a leak with banjo and Dixie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom