• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Music theory is gone

So we are back in business

To kill the box theory character 69 just has to be somebody that’s not incineroar

Or someone on the other side since ken is suposivly on that side.
I'm not a box theory expert but i don't think the theory is necesseraly pointing at Incineroar. If i remember correclty, people made an 'hybrid' theory with the Box (1 unique, 1 echo) and Vergeben claims (Incineroar and Ken). I'm not 100% sure but that's what i recall.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I call the box theory BS. The recent cards that were sold in Japan to me only prove that it's just the most recent roster size at the time of their printing and the box clearly had the Smash logo on the other side.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a box theory expert but i don't think the theory is necesseraly pointing at Incineroar. If i remember correclty, people made an 'hybrid' theory with the Box (1 unique, 1 echo) and Vergeben claims (Incineroar and Ken). I'm not 100% sure but that's what i recall.
yeah the thing is everyone just jumped to conclusions that the last unique is incineroar because of vergeben had that name. actually didn't vergeben say his thing about all his sources confirming incineroar around the same time as the box came out?

but anyway it was kinda silly since that entire time Vergeben actually had 3 characters. everyone just wanted to assume that the last spot was incineroar since vergeben had a name for him while the SE character was known to be as well, he doesn't have an exact name.

also we can see just incineroar and still kill box theory. the only way that box theory can be true at this point is for him to show up in the final smash direct. and nobody else shows up with Sakurai outright saying he is the last character. which seems absurd that they would only have only 1 new character in the final direct (which with how much about single player and all other modes we don't know about we will need another full direct) the pattern has clearly been 2 reveals per smash event.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Yay! I'm actually legitimately happy that another theory is dead in the water! Now let's just hope we get this "box theory" destroyed sooner or later as well. XD

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
GREAT NEWS FOR GENO FANS!
A New track has been released and it is ANOTHER FIRE EMBLEM TRACK!!

Rejoice as the Music theory, where it seems to deconfirmed Geno as a Mario track has been uploaded prior, is now DEAD!

Wishes has been granted!

The perfect response for this theory being dead and buried:

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Man it really feels nice that one of the big bad theories has been put to rest (Hopefully before V3 comes into play)

I am glad some people can speculate in (somewhat) peace again.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The most logical way to kill the box theory is if a echo is someone who’s not between Palutena and cloud

And there’s one likely character that can do that and that’s shadow the hedgehog as a sonic echo

ZelDan

Smash Master
While some fans of characters outside of Geno might be concerned about the music theory taking a huge hit, I honestly don't think it matters. I mean, the music theory was something good for Elma, but honestly even if the music theory isn't real, it's still kinda suspicious we haven't seen any new Xenoblade content yet. As for Isaac, evidently Motoi Sakurabai still hasn't had a song posted yet, so that could be a good sign for Isaac still. Even if the music theory was not COMPLETELY accurate, maybe there were some truths within it.

And yes, the music theory getting BTFO is certainly reassuring for Geno.

That said, one theory I really dislike and doesn't really bode well for any of the characters I want is the Box theory. I don't believe the box theory at all and never did, but it would be nice to see the next round of Smash info take a massive, smelly dump all over it.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Salutations, everyone.
I hope I'm not intruding, sorry!

I've been checking this thread for weeks now, and just now made an account to show my support for the return of Geno and his inclusion in Smash Bros. Ultimate. I do hope it's no bother if I join in on this dream.

"Geno fought for our wishes, but my wish was of his return."

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Salutations, everyone.

I've been checking this thread for weeks now, and just now made an account to show my support for the return of Geno and his inclusion in Smash Bros. Ultimate. I do hope it's no bother if I join in on this dream.

Welcome to the club, man

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Salutations, everyone.

Welcome! I promise, you won't regret coming into this board! :)

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I've been itching to replay Super Mario RPG, but I barely have the time to play the couple of games that are new to me I'm currently working through. My senior year of college is really just killing me with a lot of work and stress, so at least I'm keeping busy until Ultimate releases. Hell, Ultimate is going to be my reward to myself for surviving the semester.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Salutations, everyone.

Welcome to this fine side of Smashboards. :grin:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
So now that I've replayed Mario RPG I thought I'd check out a vod of a SMRPG Speedrun from an old GDQ.
and not sure if you guys knew this, but apparently there is a glitch you can do that will let you swap character's level ups. and in turn give characters special moves they shouldn't normally have. like Peach getting Geno Blast (even turning into a pink version of Geno as she does it) and Geno getting Come Back. might be a fun thing to look into playing with in future runs.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
So now that I've replayed Mario RPG I thought I'd check out a vod of a SMRPG Speedrun from an old GDQ.
and not sure if you guys knew this, but apparently there is a glitch you can do that will let you swap character's level ups. and in turn give characters special moves they shouldn't normally have. like Peach getting Geno Blast (even turning into a pink version of Geno as she does it) and Geno getting Come Back. might be a fun thing to look into playing with in future runs.
IIRC, doesn't "come back" show a star descending from the sky to revive the character?

In a way it'd actually be a fitting move for Geno.

Pillsbury_Soyboy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5792-6987-8671
Here's a question I accidentally posted in the Skull Kid thread (that has probably been asked before, but screw it): If Geno was to be revealed alongside someone, same series or not, who would you most like to see? For me, I'd love to see - you guessed it - Skull Kid. My idea is to have the reveal take place in the Lost Woods or Forest Maze with SK pulling some shenanigans on Mario and co., then have Geno come out and either save the day, or have it end with the two mid-fight.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Here's a question I accidentally posted in the Skull Kid thread (that has probably been asked before, but screw it): If Geno was to be revealed alongside someone, same series or not, who would you most like to see? For me, I'd love to see - you guessed it - Skull Kid. My idea is to have the reveal take place in the Lost Woods or Forest Maze with SK pulling some shenanigans on Mario and co., then have Geno come out and either save the day, or have it end with the two mid-fight.
I would really enjoy to see this come true. I've always imagined if Geno were to be revealed alongside another character, it would be Skullkid.
Something like that one storyboard Scarlet Crow created!

"Skull Kid + Geno SSBU Trailer (Fan Storyboard)

And I had an idea for a Mario & Luigi game for the Switch, featuring Geno. (Unless Nintendo brings back Super Mario RPG!)

For the story:

I could only come up with: "The stars in the night sky have been slowly vanishing due to an unknown force, and some of the only remaining stars surround the Star Road. Concerned for the safety of the Star Road and the Star people, the "Higher Authority" sends their most valued warrior to the Mushroom Kingdom to enlist the aid of Mario."

♡♪!? hovers over the Mushroom Kingdom and surveys the land for Mario.
When ♡♪!? eventually does confront Mario, they are barely audible in asking for help and for Mario to follow.

Mario would be sceptical but willing to assist, he gathers Luigi and they both take a short journey with ♡♪!? to wherever the Geno doll would be.
(This could be the tutorial, and the only reason I could come up with for ♡♪!? not just going straight to the Geno doll would be so they are reunited without delay?)

When Mario, Luigi, and ♡♪!? find the Geno doll, Mario could be like "Oh snap, Geno, is that you?!" and then Geno preforms the iconic possession scene but in glorious HD.
They devise a plan to link the remaining stars/planets using "celestial pipes" or something to track down and neutralise the concern.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
Hi I'm new here, been a Geno supporter since the smash ballot days during smash 4. Started to play super mario rpg recently too. So close to finishing it.

Asxin

Smash Rookie
Wow, recently there are so many new people here... Inculding me. I finally decided to register for an account, and I want to tell your guys about the story how I knew geno, adored him and became a supporter of him since July, even I actually have NEVER been play smrpg before... Sounds ridiculous, right?

It's all started by watching Terminal Montage's animations.(Jeremy, if you're reading this, I just wanna say your animations are awesome!) Before I found his channel, I exactly don't know who is geno, I don't even know this character exists, really.

While watching his animations, I liked to pause to find the little details and secrects, and I realized this little blue doll is almost EVERYWHERE. I didn't think too much at that time until his "Something about geno for smash" video was released. I was shooked by his love for geno and started to get curious about this character. "There must be a very good reason, or else..." I thought.

At the first time, I only intend to read wiki, and I still don't get it(my first impression for geno is "edgy as Shadow", I WAS SO WRONG). So I decided to do some serious searching jobs, look for some fanart, listen to some cool smrpg songs, watch PapaGenos' explanation and chuggaaconroy's smrpg gameplay walkthroughs, and yeah, also secrectly observing this place for a few weeks...

Few weeks later, I realised I couldn't letting go of this star saviour anymore, he had became one of my favourite game character until today. As a Square charater from Mario universe, you can tell he is very different from the others(the first character I have the same feeling is Rosalina, I love her so much in smg1, but afterwards... Just sigh.) His story background and design is very interesting, and I think he's very potentional for the future Mario universe, FOR REAL. Whether it's for the gameplay or the story plot.

Like I mention before, I have never play smrpg before. I always feel guilty about this, it feels like I never was a real geno fan no matter of how much I know about him. After the very important school examination at Disember is over, I might be able to play this awesome game as I have more times!

English isn't my first language so I am sorry if there's any mistakes!

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Hi I'm new here, been a Geno supporter since the smash ballot days during smash 4. Started to play super mario rpg recently too. So close to finishing it.
Wow, recently there are so many new people here... Inculding me. I finally decided to register for an account, and I want to tell your guys about the story how I knew geno, adored him and became a supporter of him since July, even I actually have NEVER been play smrpg before... Sounds ridiculous, right?

It's all started by watching Terminal Montage's animations.(Jeremy, if you're reading this, I just wanna say your animations are awesome!) Before I found his channel, I exactly don't know who is geno, I don't even know this character exists, really.

While watching his animations, I liked to pause to find the little details and secrects, and I realized this little blue doll is almost EVERYWHERE. I didn't think too much at that time until his "Something about geno for smash" video was released. I was shooked by his love for geno and started to get curious about this character. "There must be a very good reason, or else..." I thought.

At the first time, I only intend to read wiki, and I still don't get it(my first impression for geno is "edgy as Shadow", I WAS SO WRONG). So I decided to do some serious searching jobs, look for some fanart, listen to some cool smrpg songs, watch PapaGenos' explanation and chuggaaconroy's smrpg gameplay walkthroughs, and yeah, also secrectly observing this place for a few weeks...

Few weeks later, I realised I couldn't letting go of this star saviour anymore, he had became one of my favourite game character until today. As a Square charater from Mario universe, you can tell he is very different from the others(the first character I have the same feeling is Rosalina, I love her so much in smg1, but afterwards... Just sigh.) His story background and design is very interesting, and I think he's very potentional for the future Mario universe, FOR REAL. Whether it's for the gameplay or the story plot.

Like I mention before, I have never play smrpg before. I always feel guilty about this, it feels like I never was a real geno fan no matter of how much I know about him. After the very important school examination at Disember is over, I might be able to play this awesome game as I have more times!

English isn't my first language so I am sorry if there's any mistakes!
Welcome to the thread. :)

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
Hello everyone - Yes music theory is long gone. I personally didn't pay to much attention to it. So no direct announcement either for today's morning. ( I love to be wrong though) I don't anticipate one either later today. So ill just go back to my prediction with Oct 15th Nov2 a final smash direct will happen. I don't know why people are guessing it will be in mid november because i fear that it will be to late and the leaks will be out in about. This game ships or SHOULD be shipping for review/etc.. (earliest first week/second week of Nov.) LEAKS WILL HAPPEN thats not a prediction thats a promise. lol. Just waiting patiently for a final smash direct..... i posted this in the general thread lol because alot of us are like well the next day... lol and we just repeat it. lol
https://youtu.be/bZyKttEpsvY?t=8

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
With the music theory dead, looks like the box theory is the only challenge left standing(which doesnt even mean hes not in the game if hes not on the box imo)

We still have the vifam theory, peach final smash theory, 4chan unsolved render leak(probably fake but still unconfirmed) and mii costume theory(is that a theory still at this point though?) as positives for Geno. Probably a few more im forgetting too.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
Wait...Peach’s final smash theory?
We haven't seen Peach's Final Smash yet, which is making people think it's been changed to something SMRPG related, like Psych Bomb or something similar that might give Geno's inclusion away. It's a stretch but believable.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I don't believe that Peach's final smash will be related to SMRPG, it seems just unrealistic to me. I'm pretty that we'll get Geno, Mallow as a simple trophy, 2/3 musics from SMRPG and nothing else.

link2702

Smash Champion
I can’t see them changing peach’s final smash to her psych bomb. The version of peach in smash doesn’t quite fit the personality of the one in Mario rpg. Smash’s version seems to be more of a “innocent bubbly dumb blonde” stereotype. It just wouldn’t feel right to see her whole personality shift during a final smash and start hurling bombs on the battlefield smiling maniacally.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
I hope Geno is revealed alongside Browser's Castle, complete with chain chomps holding platforms just like the 1st Bowser fight in SMRPG

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
I can’t see them changing peach’s final smash to her psych bomb. The version of peach in smash doesn’t quite fit the personality of the one in Mario rpg. Smash’s version seems to be more of a “innocent bubbly dumb blonde” stereotype. It just wouldn’t feel right to see her whole personality shift during a final smash and start hurling bombs on the battlefield smiling maniacally.
I think that's the joke of the move in SMRPG. She's a level headed healer who suddenly has a jarring final move that is her flinging bob-ombs on all the enemies. She already has the frying pan from SMRPG too so it's not like she isn't repped from there.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I think that's the joke of the move in SMRPG. She's a level headed healer who suddenly has a jarring final move that is her flinging bob-ombs on all the enemies. She already has the frying pan from SMRPG too so it's not like she isn't repped from there.
I could see them adding something a bit extra to it to make it feel more peach like. but I think she likely is getting a new final smash with the current changes. what other good options are there for a new peach final smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom