• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Been a while since I was last here. Any major updates?
1. Some guy on 4Chan said he was going to do a Geno leak on this forum thread. LOL yeah right.

2. Vergeben said the Square character’s identity won’t be most likely leaked by name because someone will lose their job if it is.

3. In line with that, some other guy on 4Chan leaked an image of Geno no one has been able to debunk yet along with the phrase ‘all can take, risk job’ but this was awhile ago now so you might have already seen that one.

4. Lots of other ‘leaks’ have lived and died. People are now primarily worried about the fact the switch smash special edition box art only has room for two more fighters.

5. Sakurai said in an interview to not expect character reveals to continue in the pace they were going prior to Isabelle being revealed, so we probably won’t see too many more before the game launches.

6. A lot of Shantae fans posting in here accidentally for some reason a few pages back.

7. People anticipate a new direct soon since the YouTube playlist was updated (but nothing new is up) and the ‘new’ message is gone from the fighters section of the official site.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Alright, time for somberness.

I finally joined the boat of people who have had dreams about our blue puppet star warrior, and I had two. It was so strange mostly because a lot of it felt completely possible so that when I woke up I was not only messed up but kinda sad.

I woke up and came downstairs to have breakfast in a house I haven't lived in since I was in 6th grade and my mom was there and she had made me breakfast (for context, I hardly ever see her anymore because she travels for work and we are both adults now). I was eating Cookie Crisp cereal and taking a swig of orange juice when my mom shouted at me to hurry up because 'my blue guy was on' so I rushed over to watch TV with her. I saw a field with really and Geno was walking through it all by his lonesome and it then it cut to flashbacks of adventures from SMRPG and when Geno left us all to return to the Star Road. Geno was still traversing through the field and then there were flashbacks of Mario and crew going through adventures from other Mario games like 64 and Paper Mario but the events were animated to be like an anime instead game graphics, and as it bounced from game to game it showed Geno navigating his way through a dark forest. It seemed like he was lost, and then it faded to black. Enter Mario, Mallow, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi and Toad all fighting some weird purple boss that reminded me of a battering ram crossed with a Heartless. Geno had finally made it out of the forest and watched them defeat it from afar and watched somberly as they rejoiced and just as Geno attempted to turn back into the forest without saying a word, Mallow turned around and noticed him and immediately got Mario's attention. When Mario noticed him he reached out and Geno turned around to see that all of them turned around to see him. Geno seemed a bit sheepish, but all of them ran over to him and gave him a hug. Then I woke up for real.

The second dream was an even sadder one. Geno was playing SNES in a white room and he turned around to talk to someone: it was Iwata. Geno asked him if he was enjoying his time 'in the stars' and Iwata replied that he was, but that he lamented not being able to design fun games for people to enjoy. Geno asked if he would like to seem them, and Iwata nodded. Geno then guided Iwata to a section of clouds and cleared the way in front of them so that they could look down. When they peered down they saw people being sad and angry, but they also saw that people playing with Nintendo were having fun with family and friends playing all sorts of games. Geno assured Iwata that 'Nintendo was still fun' and Iwata looked relieved. It then cuts to them viewing Star Hill filled with many wishes, but lots of them are wishes for Geno to come back and many more are for Iwata to come back, showing art and forum posts and such about how much we miss both of them. Then Geno speaks up again:

"They...they really miss us, don't they?"

"Yes...yes they do."

Geno looks rather somber for a moment before Iwata speaks up again.

"However, they won't have to wait much longer!"

Stars zoom down from above and swirl around Geno and start to make him descend from the clouds, and suddenly Geno realizes what is going on.

"No, wait! WAIT! You! They would much rather have YOU!" to which Iwata simply replies "Please understand." with his signature gesture.

Iwata disappears from view as Geno descends from the clouds and down to earth. As the stars leave him to return to the skies and Geno stands up, he turns around to see Sakurai.

"...But...but why? Why me?" to which Sakurai responds.

"It was the best we could do."

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

I finally joined the boat of people who have had dreams about our blue puppet star warrior, and I had two. It was so strange mostly because a lot of it felt completely possible so that when I woke up I was not only messed up but kinda sad.

I woke up and came downstairs to have breakfast in a house I haven't lived in since I was in 6th grade and my mom was there and she had made me breakfast (for context, I hardly ever see her anymore because she travels for work and we are both adults now). I was eating Cookie Crisp cereal and taking a swig of orange juice when my mom shouted at me to hurry up because 'my blue guy was on' so I rushed over to watch TV with her. I saw a field with really and Geno was walking through it all by his lonesome and it then it cut to flashbacks of adventures from SMRPG and when Geno left us all to return to the Star Road. Geno was still traversing through the field and then there were flashbacks of Mario and crew going through adventures from other Mario games like 64 and Paper Mario but the events were animated to be like an anime instead game graphics, and as it bounced from game to game it showed Geno navigating his way through a dark forest. It seemed like he was lost, and then it faded to black. Enter Mario, Mallow, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi and Toad all fighting some weird purple boss that reminded me of a battering ram crossed with a Heartless. Geno had finally made it out of the forest and watched them defeat it from afar and watched somberly as they rejoiced and just as Geno attempted to turn back into the forest without saying a word, Mallow turned around and noticed him and immediately got Mario's attention. When Mario noticed him he reached out and Geno turned around to see that all of them turned around to see him. Geno seemed a bit sheepish, but all of them ran over to him and gave him a hug. Then I woke up for real.

The second dream was an even sadder one. Geno was playing SNES in a white room and he turned around to talk to someone: it was Iwata. Geno asked him if he was enjoying his time 'in the stars' and Iwata replied that he was, but that he lamented not being able to design fun games for people to enjoy. Geno asked if he would like to seem them, and Iwata nodded. Geno then guided Iwata to a section of clouds and cleared the way in front of them so that they could look down. When they peered down they saw people being sad and angry, but they also saw that people playing with Nintendo were having fun with family and friends playing all sorts of games. Geno assured Iwata that 'Nintendo was still fun' and Iwata looked relieved. It then cuts to them viewing Star Hill filled with many wishes, but lots of them are wishes for Geno to come back and many more are for Iwata to come back, showing art and forum posts and such about how much we miss both of them. Then Geno speaks up again:

"Yes...yes they do."

Stars zoom down from above and swirl around Geno and start to make him descend from the clouds, and suddenly Geno realizes what is going on.

"No, wait! WAIT! You! They would much rather have YOU!" to which Iwata simply replies "Please understand." with his signature gesture.

Iwata disappears from view as Geno descends from the clouds and down to earth. As the stars leave him to return to the skies and Geno stands up, he turns around to see Sakurai.

Wow... that last one is so poetic, it almost feels made up. I wish my dreams could be that good.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

"Yes...yes they do."

Very cool dreams, the second one was the most somber for me though.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman

"Yes...yes they do."

That last one one heart breaking! but there is something sweet about Geno being an angel looking after and comforting Iwata.

D

Deleted member

Really touching and sweet, second one was as well but also kind of sad. Hope Geno is added but being real for a second.

Satora Iwata was someone very special a Nintendo president and someone we never knew yes. But he was someone who truly loved the games, he created, and even when he became president he seemed grateful and genially happy Nintendo was bringing smiles to people's faces. He would be happy to know the Nintendo Switch is doing great and making a lot of people happy it and it's games. Thank you for everything Iwata we will never forget you and all you did, for us and gaming you'll be in our hearts forever.

Anyway back on topic thanks for sharing again hope Geno is added but those dreams are some of the meaningful of him I've heard.

D

Deleted member

I also thought this was deconfirmed, I think someone said it was an image people were using to troll WiiUGamer12 or something. Probably wrong Would not worry about it.

But dang wish it was true.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
No, that was based on the image.

There are also multiple differences between the two models.

View attachment 168779
Yeah i remember this, as much as i want it to be real its probably not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also thought this was deconfirmed, I think someone said it was an image people were using to troll WiiUGamer12 or something. Probably wrong Would not worry about it.

But dang wish it was true.
That was a different "leak" i think and it was using a render someone made to fool the dude

D

Deleted member

Oh I see yeah does sound femilar, regardless. Seems like this is fake.

Again would not worry but hope Geno is announced.

D

Deleted member

Got head out family, stuff you guys have a good night, will be back when there is more news. Don't know If we will get anything this week but I'm sure something is coming.

Let's stay strong Geno in before we know it.

XenoNeX27

Smash Rookie
NNID
xXSMAZHXz5
Switch FC
SW-6894-3761-0307
I am a new supporter for team Geno! I barely started to continue Super Mario RPG 2 weeks ago and now Geno has just connected with me. I honestly see why people love him a lot. I hope he get's announced soon along with a Forest Maze stage and perhaps Mallow assist trophy. This man got me listening to Beware the Forest's Mushrooms on loop.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I am a new supporter for team Geno! I barely started to continue Super Mario RPG 2 weeks ago and now Geno has just connected with me. I honestly see why people love him a lot. I hope he get's announced soon along with a Forest Maze stage and perhaps Mallow assist trophy. This man got me listening to Beware the Forest's Mushrooms on loop.
Welcome to the support thread. :grin:

TBone06

Smash Ace
So its either today or tomorrow for possible announcements of anything....... waiting game if not then ...... lol
Yeah this has been a nightmare of a waiting period. It almost would have been better if they didn’t update that video. I feel like when you’re anticipating something, it’s 10 times worse.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Yeah this has been a nightmare of a waiting period. It almost would have been better if they didn’t update that video. I feel like when you’re anticipating something, it’s 10 times worse.
It really does feel like holding your breath the whole time and desperately wanting to exhale. I mean, anticipation was already high before, but now? Oy.

Only game helping me pass the time has been Mega Man 11, which is great if you wanna give it a shot.

XenoNeX27

Smash Rookie
NNID
xXSMAZHXz5
Switch FC
SW-6894-3761-0307
Yeah definitely. Many sources I've looked at keep saying the 10th or next week or even close to Halloween.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
It also feels time goes a lot slower at times because of the anticipation itself. :urg:

Also, I'm new here. I'd like to be added to the list of supporters, please
Welcome. :)

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
EDIT: Wrong Thread, whoops.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've started playing through Super Mario RPG again recently. I just got Geno in the Forest Maze.

Last edited by a moderator:

domriver

Smash Lord
Well if nothing is announced either today/tomorrow I am still on board with my prediction that a final smash direct will happen on Oct 15 thru Nov 2nd. At some point because Major leaks will start to happen in November and I want to know before leakers start showing images all over the internet. Im sure Sakurai is aware of this. Besides Final content this month - Next month promoting via bundles and maybe even a demo to satisfy the urges till release of the game come Dec 7th. Sounds like a good plan to me. :D

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Well if nothing is announced either today/tomorrow I am still on board with my prediction that a final smash direct will happen on Oct 15 thru Nov 2nd. At some point because Major leaks will start to happen in November and I want to know before leakers start showing images all over the internet. Im sure Sakurai is aware of this. Besides Final content this month - Next month promoting via bundles and maybe even a demo to satisfy the urges till release of the game come Dec 7th. Sounds like a good plan to me. :D
Those dates sound very reasonable and the demo would tide all of us over until the game’s eventual release. :grin:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
It really does feel like holding your breath the whole time and desperately wanting to exhale. I mean, anticipation was already high before, but now? Oy.

Only game helping me pass the time has been Mega Man 11, which is great if you wanna give it a shot.
I've just got Super Mario Party and Assassin's Creed Odyssey to keep me entertained. Also got the new series of Doctor Who to keep me occupied on Sunday nights. And a 40 hour/week job that I don't completely hate lol.

But yeah, I really hope we get something this week, I'm on vacation so now's the best time!

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I'm still really hoping we'll get that announcement soon because we really could use it to kill all the fears and doubts that have been lingering in smash speculation because of things like the box. even if at this point a lot of us have been able to dismiss it, it still did turn our emotions to the worst in terms of speculation.

if we are in fact getting a reveal on the 10th or 11th at this point it's probably gonna be a one off in my opinion. I feel a full direct would have had a few more days ahead to announce it is coming. but a one off they could probably say something quick the day before if not just randomly show it on the day.
which is actually good news because a single reveal points to there being more than just Incineroar + Ken in base because you can't have a smash direct with no new character reveals and Echos don't get trailers to themselves.

heck that could even mean we'd get two character reveals for the smash direct!

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I've just got Super Mario Party and Assassin's Creed Odyssey to keep me entertained. Also got the new series of Doctor Who to keep me occupied on Sunday nights. And a 40 hour/week job that I don't completely hate lol.

But yeah, I really hope we get something this week, I'm on vacation so now's the best time!
I got college work to keep up with, so with that, I’m only busy three days out of each week cause I only go Tuesday-Thursday.

So thankful that I don’t have to go on Mondays or wake up at 6 a.m. ...

But I do have a few games on the Switch and PS4 and a few anime and TV shows that I’m binging, so that helps a bit in my free time.

I've started playing through Super Mario RPG again recently. I just got Geno in the Forest Maze.
That’s awesome, I’d have to say my favorite tracks in the game are “Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms”, “Here’s Some Weapons”, “Fight With An Armed Boss”, and “Culex Battle Theme”. :grin:

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
GREAT NEWS FOR GENO FANS!

A New track has been released and it is ANOTHER FIRE EMBLEM TRACK!!

Rejoice as the Music theory, where it seems to deconfirmed Geno as a Mario track has been uploaded prior, is now DEAD!

Wishes has been granted!

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Rejoice as the Music theory, where Geno has been involved in it, is now DEAD!

Wishes has been granted!
Good riddance. I never paid any mind to the music theory anyway and always saw it as a fun bit of speculation, but nothing more. Technically, we would probably still be in the race even if music theory was correct considering any SMRPG music would likely be under the second Mushroom icon, which is reserved for spinoffs while the track we've already gotten is from a main game, but it's good to know for sure that music theory isn't true.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Good to see this theory being now 100% dead. But to be honest, I didn't believe it anyway since I'm pretty sure that Ken and Incineroar are in the game.
But hey, that's still a good news for Geno !

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman

Rejoice as the Music theory, where it seems to deconfirmed Geno as a Mario track has been uploaded prior, is now DEAD!

Wishes has been granted!
and with that another argument against Geno dies.
it's honestly been really nice being a Geno fan in this speculation season. feels like the stars continue to shine brighter as time goes on lighting his way to a glorious return.

on another note I'm starting to think people might have been discounting Blog theory a little too early. well it's kind of a weird theory when compared to others. seeing as it doesn't just state 1 thing to be the case and if something happens differently it breaks.
Blog Thoery is more fluid and is like this constant analysis of the statistics and patterns of the blog. people, including myself have stated various arguments against it but turns out they actually do have solid counter arguments.

I mean there are definitely still things that could happen to mess with it to some extent. like maybe a blog post for a day instead being for some single player stuff. but just thinking maybe we should keep it in mind just in case.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
With music theory dead, Geno could have the mushroom icon, a unique icon, whatever icon he wants because series CAN have multiple music.

Thinking back on it, it's a really silly theory. I can't believe like a month ago we were freaking out about a Mario song being uploaded. lol

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Music theory is gone

So we are back in business

To kill the box theory we need just two unique characters

Or someone on the other side thats not between Palutena and cloud and the best one that can do that is shadow the hedgehog as Sonics echo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom