• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Actually, that brings up a good idea. Do you think there will ever be a time where they show multiple newcomers in the same sort of trailer. It is not often that happens, but it has occurred. And if this were to happen with Geno, who do you think would be that other newcomer?
I think the only way multiple characters will get announced is if they are from the same series (Charizard and Greninja or Lucina and Robin)

That being said, I can see King K. Rool and Dixie Kong being revealed together.

I don’t see Geno having a double reveal trailer, I think (personally) he’d get his own.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I think the only way multiple characters will get announced is if they are from the same series (Charizard and Greninja or Lucina and Robin)
Unless we get two trailers in one direct. "Lucas comes out of nowhere!"

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Add me to the supporter list. Playing as the possessed doll who can shoot laser beams sounds awesome.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Btw, when was the last time the support list was updated? It has been awhile, and the thread has had a lot of growth since E3.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Btw, when was the last time the support list was updated? It has been awhile, and the thread has had a lot of growth since E3.
It must have been quite awhile, because I actually remember pledging my support some months ago, after the initial smash reveal, and my name isn't on it.

Granted, I may have just been missed. I'm pretty low-key, lol.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It must have been quite awhile, because I actually remember pledging my support some months ago, after the initial smash reveal, and my name isn't on it.

Granted, I may have just been missed. I'm pretty low-key, lol.
I don't seem to be listed either(I joined a few days after E3). We just got past 1000 messages not to long ago(Yay), so it kinda feels like a good time to update the list.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I would hope that Geno would get his own reveal trailer. I understand we may be a little bit more pressed for time going into this Smash, but those newcomer trailers are just so damn cool that it would be a shame to take the spotlight away from any individual character or rob them of a chance to have an awesome trailer. Even the high ranking candidate of Dixie Kong and King K. Rool to me seems like it wouldn't be entirely fair to the both of them despite how well it could work.

I do disagree with the statement that they are running out of characters to add for Smash though. Nintendo has such a rich history of characters from series already in Smash, series not in Smash, and one-off characters that, honestly, we could have 50 new fighters and still have a good number of characters to choose from. How recognizable all those characters may be is another story entirely though. The quality of Super Mario RPG and the fan community supporting both that game (Specifically on the VC for Wii) and for inclusion in Smash have done a great deal to keep him alive over the years honestly. Most characters similar to him wouldn't get such an extra breath of life to be honest, but at least Geno has survived in large part thanks to the community of gamers while other names have fallen off.

I continue to think that Smash Ultimate is Geno's chance to get in the game. If he doesn't make it here, I'm not convinced he ever will, but I'll hold out hope until there is no hope left to hold on to for Ultimate's speculation. I just really hope we get some news soon on new information for Smash Ultimate. The problem with Everyone is Here and the E3 blowout is that all of the information on the site has remained information we know. Even though what I more specifically hope for is a new character reveal.

Edit: I also noticed I'm not on the supporter list (Which seems quite small to be honest), when the next update happens could I be included as well?

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I haven't seen this before...this is very encouraging! It did always seem like the Mii costumes were indicators of characters that almost made the cut. That's why I actually bought the Geno one--and ONLY the Geno one, lol. I wanted to send a message.

Oh, I'm supporting, by the way. If that wasn't apparent.:grin:
Lol, I found my first post here! I joined on the third page...wow, time sure does fly, eh? That's a pretty significant page upswing for four months.

I don't seem to be listed either(I joined a few days after E3). We just got past 1000 messages not to long ago(Yay), so it kinda feels like a good time to update the list.
Speaking of updates, I think it's high time I updated my profile picture to my most wanted newcomer for this round of speculation...Geno! (Sorry Bandana Dee--I still support you too!)

I just have to get to drawing my favorite puppet hero...

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
I’d like to be added to the support list as well. It’s time our boy gets added. It is crazy how much this group has grown even since I came back. Over 1000 messages is pretty significant.

MattX20

Smash Hero
As I recall, Geno was highly wanted in Japan along with Ashley as well if the Smash ballot was any indication. It's entirely possible we could see him there.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Geno is getting revealed he's getting his own trailer and anyone would be silly for thinking otherwise.
Well, I'm just saying. The only 3rd party character that got a fully animated trailer was Mega Man. NONE of the others.

It's possible Geno wouldn't.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll be a supporter! is there a specific place you sign up?
If there was that might make it easier to figure out who is supposed to be on the support list.

I wonder if they make a website for something like that

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
Yeah, I'd like to be put down as a supporter too. Just noticed from the supporter talk that my name's not there either.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How about this. I'll add anyone that asks on this page. But to ensure you want to be added like the OP

Last edited:

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I
I think i posted this wayy earlier in this Geno thread. But My fellow Geno Fans 3rd times a charm? According to Sakurai he wanted Geno since Brawl and now Ultimate is here the 3rd iteration of the game of him wanting Geno in. I think we good. 12/7 can not come sooner lol.
It just seems like a dream.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I do disagree with the statement that they are running out of characters to add for Smash though. Nintendo has such a rich history of characters from series already in Smash, series not in Smash, and one-off characters that, honestly, we could have 50 new fighters and still have a good number of characters to choose from. How recognizable all those characters may be is another story entirely though. The quality of Super Mario RPG and the fan community supporting both that game (Specifically on the VC for Wii) and for inclusion in Smash have done a great deal to keep him alive over the years honestly. Most characters similar to him wouldn't get such an extra breath of life to be honest, but at least Geno has survived in large part thanks to the community of gamers while other names have fallen off.
well yeah there are a lot of characters out there in general. I guess what I meant to say is there are not as many visible and obvious characters anymore. at least for strictly nintendo characters. 3rd party there are tons of icons. but for nintendo characters we got a bunch lead characters from their franchises, and characters that played major roles in new games mostly.

but now the only real relevant characters I hear talked about commonly are ARMS and Xenoblade 2. which may have even been too recent!

although at this point mostly why I believe the focus will shift to old fan favorites is because of recent news about the ballot and their current picks so far.

Speaking of updates, I think it's high time I updated my profile picture to my most wanted newcomer for this round of speculation...Geno! (Sorry Bandana Dee--I still support you too!)

I just have to get to drawing my favorite puppet hero...
You know I was just thinking I should also update mine as well. (although my most wanted is still Banjo & Kazooie. but only slightly more then I want Geno)

Last edited:

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
How about this. I'll add anyone that asks on this page. But to ensure you want to be added like the OP
Please add me to the list :)

On the point of character reveals... I feel that how many characters get revealed is pretty directly linked to how many characters there are left to reveal. And as such, how many total newcomers are remaining can probably be determined within reasonable doubt once we start getting a trend. If we get 2 new characters announced on Sunday at that event, then it seems very likely that there would be 9-12 newcomers (including those previously announced.) If we only get 1, It's more likely 6-9. If they only have so much time to reveal characters, they may have to stuff characters that normally wouldn't fit together very well in the same direct.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Please add me! I also liked the OP, just in case.

You know I was just thinking I should also update mine as well. (although my most wanted is still Banjo & Kazooie. but only slightly more then I want Geno)
I'm drawing mine, like I did for Bdee. If he deserves it, Geno certainly does! In fact, I'm already done with the rough sketch. Just gotta colorize it.

Stay tuned!:grin:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to assume everyone who liked the OP wants to be in the supporter list, so @me if you don't. If you liked it before I decided on this

Edit:

I just @'d everyone in the OP so the name is a profile link

I have no idea if everyone just got alerts from doing that

Last edited:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Liked!

We've been focusing on Geno since, well, this is the Geno speculation, but if Geno is included, what other SMRPG characters would you like to see in the game? (Assuming Geno would fill the fighter role, Assist Trophies, Stage Hazards, Bosses, Trophies, etc.)

I'd really want to see brand-new official 3D models of any SMRPG character, really.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Liked!

We've been focusing on Geno since, well, this is the Geno speculation, but if Geno is included, what other SMRPG characters would you like to see in the game? (Assuming Geno would fill the fighter role, Assist Trophies, Stage Hazards, Bosses, Trophies, etc.)

I'd really want to see brand-new official 3D models of any SMRPG character, really.
good time to bring up the sister thread to this one

*CoughShillcough*
https://smashboards.com/threads/mallow-frog-prince-from-the-beyond-the-clouds.456009/

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Just liked the op. Anyway, when it comes to that Aces livestream coming up, like Kooj Kooj said, we could get a better idea of future reveals. We could possibly even put to rest the popularity vs relevancy argument depending on the character revealed, if there is a character.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd like to be added.
Already on it
Just liked the op. Anyway, when it comes to that Aces livestream coming up, like Kooj Kooj said, we could get a better idea of future reveals. We could possibly even put to rest the popularity vs relevancy argument depending on the character revealed, if there is a character.
Alright just a sec. Smashboards is running slow today

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Liked!

Mallow as an assist trophy would be pretty neat. And though unlikely, a Smithy Gang stage boss would be awesome. Maybe a stage where Smithy himself attacks, or for a more recognizable pick, maybe a stage atop Bowsers Castle where you have to attack Exor right in his eyes?

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Add me please. By the by, that font color makes your posts very hard to read against the default black of Smash Boards... (And with all the crazy sigs, I sometimes don't even see your posts...)

It's cool that you've opened a Mallow thread, too.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Geno playable and Mallow as the assist, alongside a Super Mario RPG stage is the dream for me. Though honestly, I'll take Geno playable and Super Mario RPG music all the same.

I'm officially too hyped for his potential inclusion in the game with how often I'm coming to this thread.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I would love to have both playable, but I know logically Mallow is gonna be an assist at most. The only way I could see both being playable is if the SMRPG brand goes through some major revival, and even then it would not happen in Ultimate.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Just liked that original post. Would love to be added as a supporter.

I see Geno being announced solo as well. Unless something crazy, like the Mario Ace Tennis leak ends up being real. That's the only way that I could see Geno being announced with another character, like K. Rool.

But, I have a feeling that Geno won't be showcased until after release. I really wish he would be shown off asap, but it feels like he could be an easy secret.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Either there is no update today on the smash site or it's taking a long time.

In the Brawl days, a long update meant a BIG update. Like a character

I wonder.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I would love to have both playable, but I know logically Mallow is gonna be an assist at most. The only way I could see both being playable is if the SMRPG brand goes through some major revival, and even then it would not happen in Ultimate.
I don't know about a full on revival, but I've always thought that, if Geno ever were to grace Smash, it would be a good sign for him returning as a full on accepted Mario character, to show up in more games after. After Smash, imagine new Mario Karts where Geno is a regular, new Sports games featuring Geno, Mario Parties, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom