• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah, Sakurai said "we're not talking about echo fighters" when referring to just the fighter's pass, not Smash Ultimate DLC as a whole. So, yes, outside the fighter's pass I could see an echo pass or just echos as separate DLC.

D

Deleted member

Also, I just saw that P5S isn't a Switch port. It's actually a game called Persona 5 Scramble, which is a musou game. And that's coming to the Switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Lol tfw a Persona 5 spin-off comes to the Switch but not the original game :joyful:

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
I'm not surprised that Persona 5 isn't coming to the Switch. I am surprised by this game's announcement. Kind of suspicious that it came a week after Joker's release, isn't it?

As for my username, 1. Limes are good. 2. The number is part of the identification number my old job gave me. It has nothing to do with the other 3036 Limes.

Firox

Smash Master
Thank god I have a PS4. :p
I got a PS4 just a couple months ago so that I could play KH3, P5 and eventually the FF7 remake. Coincidentally, I just beat P5 last night for the first time ever. Holy ****, that game was epic AF.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
What is the origin of your username? On the first day of freshmen year of high school, my English teacher told me I looked too happy to be at school, and since then he's given me the nickname Beast. Whenever he'd see me in the hallway, he'd shout "BEEEEAAAST" at me.
I suppose this goes without saying, but there just being a mastodon's reanimated skeleton chilling in the whimsical place where wishes are sent just left a huge impression on me, being just one of the many things that spoke to how out there and special SMRPG is

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I got a PS4 just a couple months ago so that I could play KH3, P5 and eventually the FF7 remake. Coincidentally, I just beat P5 last night for the first time ever. Holy ****, that game was epic AF.
Man I really need to hold down the fort and actually beat P5. I haven't had a lot of free time to play it unfortunately.

Firox

Smash Master
Man I really need to hold down the fort and actually beat P5. I haven't had a lot of free time to play it unfortunately.
Yeah, when they say it's a 100 hr game, they ain't kidding. Very time consuming, but equally satisfying.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I've been watching it because I've been unwell and unable to really buy a sixty dollar game at the moment. P5 is so great. Yeah, it's time-consuming, but it's excellent. I'm currently at

your first time meeting Akechi. This dude gives me weird vibes and I Do Not Like It.

Firox

Smash Master
I've been watching it because I've been unwell and unable to really buy a sixty dollar game at the moment. P5 is so great. Yeah, it's time-consuming, but it's excellent. I'm currently at

your first time meeting Akechi. This dude gives me weird vibes and I Do Not Like It.
Ah yes....the L to my Light Yagami....of course, it doesn't help much to be in a game where I was surrounded by Misa's.

Last edited:

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
Omg so much this.

I'm
at a part where they told me Okumura is my next target, but havent seen him yet.

Feels like I'll never finish... :'D

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I beat it ~2 years ago and it’s definitely one of my favorite JRPGs. :grin:

D

Deleted member

I got a PS4 just so I could play the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. Now I'm waiting to get CTR and P5 (I'm willing to wait until 2020 for the western P5R release just so I can play as a cute girl. I've only known her for a day and I'm already gay for her.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So far we have only Joker gameplay and a glimpse of a diffrent red headed character who appears to be slightly supernatural.
Ah, interesting. This might be our "Kasumi is appearing on a Nintendo system" game to justify her existence. ...Not that she needs that justification, but could explain even more why they delayed her. Though I do agree spoilering her would've been dumb before the full reveal. This isn't something like the MGS4 thing, as that was just a mech and some story spoilers. It's not a major character either, one that frontlines the remake.

That said, we won't know if Kasumi appears in Smash for a while, I'm guessing. Though I could still see the idea they scrapped her and talked it out with Sega to get the money back(which is still very respectful towards the company, as it means they trust and care about their IP's. If they're not going to use them, then holding any piece of the IP through licensing is just dumb and means they could pull that again. They agreed to the licensing for a reason, after all).

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
What is the origin of your username? On the first day of freshmen year of high school, my English teacher told me I looked too happy to be at school, and since then he's given me the nickname Beast. Whenever he'd see me in the hallway, he'd shout "BEEEEAAAST" at me.
Gilly is a nickname derived from my last name Gilmore. And I enjoy making Grime music (UK sub-genre similar with hiphop and garage). Plus the alliteration just sounds nice :4diddy:.

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
When I was younger I really loved Grunge music and Mega Man (still do). When my friends and I were deciding what our MM boss names would be, I chose Grunge Man, which after also getting into Marvel when I was younger, the name doubled as a potential super hero idea haha

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
You know, I'm bored as heck and honestly curious, all while being stuck and bedridden and feeling like honest to god tripe.

@TriggerX I remember saying you weren't very worried about Geno, despite everything pointing against him, even if we get Erdrick or another SE rep in the Fighter's Pass. I've always wanted to ask why and I never got the chance to. I'm honestly curious why anyone has hope at this point, not because I think it's unrealistic or silly to have hope, but as someone with a different perspective.
I know you weren't talking to me duck friend , but I still wanted to say give my point of view ;

Erdrick isn't a lock. The leaks are sketchy. However , it's still a huge franchise in Japan that shouldn't be underestimate.
But it still has a lot of licensing issues.
I'm 50/50 on a DQ rep.

Sora would also be hard since... Well , Disney. If he ever come to Smash... Please... Please , Disney , Capcom , and Wayforward , give us the Moon Theme from the DuckTales remaster.
This song is a legendary piece of music in gaming history , and this would be the only opportunity to get it.
Also no KH on switch yet. So this doesn't look good for him right now. His chances could change tho , with something like a KH collection for Switch.

Sephiroth is a bit underated , as far as chances go. He's a iconic villain that could easily sell without a game announcement. However , it depend on if Sakurai want to double up on FF7 rep , if he's okay with only 2 music tracks (especially since the FF composer is sick from what Iv'e understood) , if he can balance him out without SE pressuring him... Yeah , no lies , if Sakurai did listened to SE for designing Cloud , he would have been easily even more broken than Sm4sh Bayo. So imagine Sephiroth.
However , personnal opinion , he would be one of the few swordmans I would like.

Lara Croft ? No games on Switch , most of her recent games aren't as well received as the PS1 glory era... She wouldn't be a good fit for a Nintendo fighting game. (Not in a way "too sexy and guns !" Tho. Mostly that the Nintendo playerbase isn't the one that will want Lara.)

Agnès ? If it was Sm4sh , she would have been one of the best SE rep imo. However , the Bravely franchise is over , no sign of a port/remake on switch , not enough fan support ... I want her , but realistically , without fan support , she's not happening either.

Gex...? Uh ... If he get the Bubsy treatment , he has a slim shot , otherwise... Nope. Would like him , but SE don't care.

However , Geno is very special.

SE wasn't very stingy when it come to it's use. (Except price for his rights / use of him , but we can only speculate on that)
Except for maybe Brawl , every time Sakurai asked to get Geno in some forms , SE was okay with it. (Mii costume + spirit)
Geno wasn't coming before Cloud. Furthermore , Sakurai intially only wanted Cloud , he also pushed his luck and asked to get Geno in some form to please his fans. (And while you can criticize Sakurai , we should consider ourselves very lucky. Sakurai did it for us , nobody else.)

Add this to fan-support , wich make him relevant today , a way easier character to negotiate ...

There's only 2 things that can stop him ;

-He can't cross-promote a SE Game. The issue could be solved with a SMRPG remake/Sequel , wich is completely possible.

-Sakurai/Nintendo may want "bigger" characters first , like a DQ rep and Sephiroth. So this is playing the waiting game.

And when you look at the bigger picture , and compare it to every other SE character... His issues could be played around more easily than others characters.

Massive fan-demand can easily lead into a SMRPG remake at least , if it's consistent , and precise. And we already have a pretty damn loud fanbase. (Not as much as others , but for a one-off character from a SNES game , what we have is huge.)

And the "maybe they want somebody else..." argument is ... Well , a maybe. And there's not only "wanting" a character , there are a lot of others factors when deciding a character.

I'm more optimistic , because if we play our cards right , we could surprise a lot of people.

-----

My username ?

My very first username "Neko-Neko" came from the fact that I love cats to death , and that Neko sound better than "Cat-Cat" or "Chacha" (Chat is cat in french , Chacha is a cute nickname)

Then there was "NekoAA09". Neko was for cats , AA was fir Adrian Andrews from Phoenix Wright : Justice for All. She was a character I heavily related to back then.
The 09 is a reference to the day of my birthday.

Then there was "Oliko" , Wich was ... Olimar + Neko , since I was a Olimar main and still loved cats. It wasn't very original lol.

Now , we're at "Loliko YnT". Just call me Loliko. YnT mean "Yuro No Tenshi" , a french smash crew I was in.
I sadly left it , and will never be able to join them again because of a lack of offline results. (France has less offline tourneys + school internship + divorced parents + don't trust me travel by myself)
It seem you can't change usernames on SmashBoards , otherwise , I would have removed it.

Now , Loliko is a weird case. I wanted it to sound more unique , yet simple.
I didn't wanted to remove my original name , since a lot of people remember me through it , and often called me " Oli' ". So I made a compromise , and added a L. For some reason , it sound like a softer username to me.

Now , it's basically a mash of Lopunny + Olimar + Neko.
Why Lopunny ? Because I found them adorable , and always make the joke that my fursona would probably be a Depressed Lopunny lol.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
My username is just the username I picked for PSN when I first got my PS3 about nine years ago. I was like 13 at the time and I don't really know what inspired me to go with EricTheGamerman, but I did since my first name is Eric. It's a dumb as hell name in all honesty, but I just kind of kept using it on every gaming related platform including my Xbox Live and different forums over the years. Despite how dumb it is, I've just taken natural ownership over it since and I won't ever part with it. It defines me on Xbox Live, PSN, and Nintendo Network. It's very much "my brand" at this point if you will.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
My username is just the username I picked for PSN when I first got my PS3 about nine years ago. I was like 13 at the time and I don't really know what inspired me to go with EricTheGamerman, but I did since my first name is Eric. It's a dumb as hell name in all honesty, but I just kind of kept using it on every gaming related platform including my Xbox Live and different forums over the years. Despite how dumb it is, I've just taken natural ownership over it since and I won't ever part with it. It defines me on Xbox Live, PSN, and Nintendo Network. It's very much "my brand" at this point if you will.
Geno fans named Eric unite!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If it means anything, I always thought it was a cool name.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Just a lil thought, when you guys read each other's posts, is it just me or do you attribute the profile picture directly to what is being said?

Like I'll imagine a duck making suggestions on Geno, and then cartoon Simon Belmont reply to said suggestions with Ninten and Lucas themselves replying and Conker replying to that etc etc. I forget y'all are people sometimes with all these vibrant profile pics haha.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Just a lil thought, when you guys read each other's posts, is it just me or do you attribute the profile picture directly to what is being said?

Like I'll imagine a duck making suggestions on Geno, and then cartoon Simon Belmont reply to said suggestions with Ninten and Lucas themselves replying and Conker replying to that etc etc. I forget y'all are people sometimes with all these vibrant profile pics haha.
I absolutely do. It makes things more fun.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I kinda do that, eh.
Also, I still think that Black Mage's chances are being undersold big time. He is a rep of the entire FF series, so him being represented will happen. He also would provide uniqueness b/c We only have one mage (Robin)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Do you imagine me rubbing my chin too? XD

D

Deleted member

I need someone to make an animation of this.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Do you imagine me rubbing my chin too? XD
You are entirely just Captain N Simon Belmont to me. Everything down to the voice, that is you now. Zack is Lucas, Matt is a freaking kaiju, and GoodGrief is an actual, talking bicycle.

It's pretty grand.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You are entirely just Captain N Simon Belmont to me. Everything down to the voice, that is you now. Zack is Lucas, Matt is a freaking kaiju, and GoodGrief is an actual, talking bicycle.

It's pretty grand.
I am actually a talking bicycle in real life, so it's pretty fitting.
I see this new Captain N cartoon features bootlegs and memes:mario:
I see what you did there.

D

Deleted member

Wario and Lucas have a conversation

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Who says I’m NOT the real Ninten? :p

It's pretty grand.
Truly the most ambitious crossover of our time. Move over Marvel!

Oh god what do I sound like to you out of curiosity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom