• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Yeah I can't say that makes any sense sometimes I get random dreams that make no sense either that's probably what happened with your dream.
I have a question out of curiosity. I've noticed multiple people have come here and said that they've had dreams about Geno being Smash or Geno being revealed. During the day before you went to sleep, did you just have Geno a lot on your mind? Were you thinking about Geno and Smash as you were settling into bed? I'd love to have one of these dreams instead of boring stuff I can't remember.

D

Deleted member

I have a question out of curiosity. I've noticed multiple people have come here and said that they've had dreams about Geno being Smash or Geno being revealed. During the day before you went to sleep, did you just have Geno a lot on your mind? Were you thinking about Geno and Smash as you were settling into bed? I'd love to have one of these dreams instead of boring stuff I can't remember.
Before I went to bed I was making a retelling of SMRPG but otherwise not really I guess it might've been because of that.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what else you expected from your post. Did you think it'd be a huge revelation to us? It would be like me going into the Bandanna Dee thread and saying "jeez fellas, I dunno, he's basically just a Goomba with a hat!"

We've heard it before, and just like the hat Goomba nonsense it's all been addressed before. Use your head
No it's not. I WANT geno, and Square Enix not wanting him is a valid thing to worry about.

D

Deleted member

The few vague things I remember from it are a metallic slinky-like sculpture wiggling around in place somewhere, an x-ray like still of a man and woman doing the act of copulating (despite the fact that I haven't seen sex at all), and two businessmen on a beach in fighting poses presumably about to fight.

Like I said, no sense. The entirety of M&L Dream Team made more sense than that, I'd wager.
My goodness I can relate to this kind of weirdness in dreams I have.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
No it's not. I WANT geno, and Square Enix not wanting him is a valid thing to worry about.
I agree that they're something to worry about, but it seemed like you were trying to start a flame war in this thread by trying to get some of us rattled up. We know Square is a problem, we've known for years. Square is the reason why he's irrelevant, and it's all because they don't even use him, nor have they tried even doing anything with him since he's a Mario character and can't fit in well with their games. It's like Nintendo owning a Sonic character; they can't go in a Mario game because he's not from Mario, he's from Sonic's world and it wouldn't make sense for him to be in a Mario game, unless it's a Mario sport spin-off. Nintendo is more nice about third-party stuff, so I'm sure they would give a character like that to SEGA for good use, AND for a reasonable price.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
If you guys could choose a final 14 characters to add to the roster, who would they be?
If Spirits don’t really deconfirm anything and if AT’s didn’t really matter:

1. Geno
2. Banjo
3. Isaac
4. Porky Minch
5. Tails
6. Shadow
7. Lloyd Irving
8. Dante
9. Sora
10. Sephiroth
11. Crash Bandicoot
12. Spyro the Dragon
13. Rayman
14. Ryu Hayabusa

BONUS: Doomguy, Dovahkiin (Dragonborn)

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
I always go on Smashboards before bed. And so typically, while trying to drift off to sleep I'll fantasise about character movesets and reveal trailers. That'll likely be it haha.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Even though I have no personal opinion on Geno besides really liking his design, his inclusion would make a ton of people happy! Plus the SNES is a fantastic console and more reps from that era are always a good thing.
SNES really needs more characters in the roster and I'm not just talking about characters who debuted in that era and has appeared in games onwards, but retro characters who only appeared on the SNES. Geno fits that description.

I agree that they're something to worry about, but it seemed like you were trying to start a flame war in this thread by trying to get some of us rattled up. We know Square is a problem, we've known for years. Square is the reason why he's irrelevant, and it's all because they don't even use him, nor have they tried even doing anything with him since he's a Mario character and can't fit in well with their games. It's like Nintendo owning a Sonic character; they can't go in a Mario game because he's not from Mario, he's from Sonic's world and it wouldn't make sense for him to be in a Mario game, unless it's a Mario sport spin-off. Nintendo is more nice about third-party stuff, so I'm sure they would give a character like that to SEGA for good use, AND for a reasonable price.
Look what we have here! A Katakuri avatar. Glad to see a follow Strawhat on these forums. :)

Ovaltine

Smash Master
SNES really needs more characters in the roster and I'm not just talking about characters who debuted in that era and has appeared in games onwards, but retro characters who only appeared on the SNES. Geno fits that description.
On top of that, Sakurai has referred to Geno as a 'retro rep' in the past. Straight from his own mouth, Geno is classified as a 'retro rep'. It may even mean that his chances are a bit greater because Sakurai loves his retro reps. Geno not being a recent character might... oddly be a boost that he needs? I dunno.

As for that 14 character thing... uh... hmmm. I really don't care much beyond Banjo and Geno (and Shadow, counting ATs). I guess just those three and wildcard the rest with other fan wants and otherwise popular characters that aren't originating from anime/manga/other media.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On top of that, Sakurai has referred to Geno as a 'retro rep' in the past. Straight from his own mouth, Geno is classified as a 'retro rep'. It may even mean that his chances are a bit greater because Sakurai loves his retro reps. Geno not being a recent character might... oddly be a boost that he needs? I dunno.

As for that 14 character thing... uh... hmmm. I really don't care much beyond Banjo and Geno (and Shadow, counting ATs). I guess just those three and wildcard the rest with other fan wants and otherwise popular characters that aren't originating from anime/manga/other media.
I will say, PP hasn't outright been labelled a retro rep, when that designation usually goes hand in hand with oddball characters, even though he's one of the oldest known recurring Mario characters. Make of that what you will.

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
If we get more after the Fighters Pass, you guys can hope for a Spirits Pass where 5 fighters are spirits in the base game. Their spirit forms will have (Spirit) added to their title and their Fighter Spirit will be "___ (Fighter)". In World Of Light, they can only be played in New Game + mode. I hope someone who has worked in Ultimate has this idea in mind.

EDIT: The Spirits Pass would come with only one or two music tracks added to misc. stages, and no new stages will be added. That should help reduce stress and save time.

Last edited:

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I hope that any future DLC isn't restricted to a theme at all, unless that theme is doing the largest fan requests. Geno, Isaac, Banjo, Waluigi, whomever.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You never know what game companies might be planning or doing next. Especially Nintendo.
They're going to remove Mario and Luigi from Smash and replace them with more Bowsers.

... What? Look at NoA's presidential change. This is Obviously Happening™.

Firox

Smash Master
If Spirits don’t really deconfirm anything and if AT’s didn’t really matter:

1. Geno
2. Banjo
3. Isaac
4. Porky Minch
5. Tails
6. Shadow
7. Lloyd Irving
8. Dante
9. Sora
10. Sephiroth
11. Crash Bandicoot
12. Spyro the Dragon
13. Rayman
14. Ryu Hayabusa

BONUS: Doomguy, Dovahkiin (Dragonborn)
You pretty much summarized all the remaining, relevant video game characters I could think of, except I would probably swap Shadow with Knuckles as my own personal preference. ;)

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Nope, **** flame wars. Geno is great and I haven't been on this forum for years.

HMpoweredMan

Smash Cadet
If you guys could choose a final 14 characters to add to the roster, who would they be?
1 Geno
2 Travis Touchdown
3 Spyro / Crash
4 Waluigi
5 Banjo / Conker
6 Mike Tyson / Mr. Dream
7 Doom Guy / BJ Blaskowicz
8 Adventure Island Guy
9 Double Dragon Jimmy / Billy
10 Blaster Master
11 Bomber Man
12 Bo Jackson
13 Terra Branford
14 Contra Guy
15 Bubble Bobble Dinos
16 Marble Madness Marble
17 Glover
18 Earthworm Jim
19 Ecco the Dolphin
20 Chakan the forever man
21 Turok the Dinosaur Hunter
22 The guy from Holy Diver
23 Jumpstart 3rd Grade robot
24 Math Blaster
25 Oregon Trail Wagon
26 A Tetris Line
27 Sweet Tooth
28 Joanna Dark
29 Jet Force Gemini propeller robot
30 Salacious B. Crum

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
Reason #3652 I want Geno in Smash:

I’ll get to hear the announcer guy’s voice shout “GENO” every time I select him.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
1. Shadow
2. Bandana Dee
3. Shovel Knight
4. Geno
5. Hollow Knight
6. Shy Guy
7. Tails
8. Waluigi
9. Black Mage
10. Zero
11. Ryu Hayubusa
12. Specter Knight
13. Isaac
14. mach Rider
Honorable Mentions:
15. Knuckles
16. Banjo
17. Quote
18. Eggman.
19. Black Knight
20. The Rogue (Soul Knight)

Ovaltine

Smash Master

I’ll get to hear the announcer guy’s voice shout “GENO” every time I select him.
I wonder if it would even be possible (due to contracts) to commission Xander Mobus to do that for, say, a mod (given I'm in pessimism-ville about Geno's chances right now and am waiting for mods).

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I honestly think Geno's chances are greater then ever, especially with Vergeben out of the picture.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I honestly think Geno's chances are greater then ever, especially with Vergeben out of the picture.
Man, I wish I had your optimism. A lot of you guys are optimistic, and I can understand that, but I just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel, really. At this point, I'm doubting we're even getting the Mii costume back.

Nintendo has obviously heard us due to all of the evidence we've seen to SMRPG getting more limelight again. However, it doesn't really mean anything if Square says no, you know?

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I feel like we should be hearing something about 3.0 soon and that'll hopefully give us an idea of where we're headed for the rest of the DLC. We're going on three and a half months since Joker was even announced, and he should be approaching a finished state given that time frame. All evidence points towards us getting Home Run Contest and Stage Builder back in that update as well, so as a community we generally know what's coming. We just want to actually SEE it ourselves and have some more concrete details.

I know it's a pipe dream, but I'd love to see a little bit more of a roadmap for future content. Not a dedicated Challenger Pack #2 releasing in June, but some more insight into the overall process Sakurai is using to approach this DLC cycle. Smash 4 was a borderline random release schedule that led to bunched-up releases like Lucas, Roy, and Ryu releasing on the same day. I think this time around we'll see things spread out more evenly. We've had an idea of what was next since the base game's final Direct and Piranha Plant, so I'd like to see them inform us of the next character with each one's release upcoming.

I did notice all the "lack of hype" comments recently, however, and I was definitely confused by those. I mean the game was the reason to be hype was logic enough for me, but I guess not knowing a more accurate idea of the future characters along with the deconfirms has really hurt some people's opinions of the game and the overall cycle. I don't necessarily agree, but I do think it would be a nice courtesy thing to know what's coming up.

domriver

Smash Lord
Hello fellow Geno members. You know what would be cool . If we could modify the announcer voice. Change it to female/male/robotic just a thought. I personally enjoyed the female voice for League of Legends.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hello fellow Geno members. You know what would be cool . If we could modify the announcer voice. Change it to female/male/robotic just a thought. I personally enjoyed the female voice for League of Legends.
The announcer has a lot of lines, so getting extra actors might be too much. It would still be cool to have the option though.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman

I wouldn't be surprised if audio of the announcer shouting "Geno" exists or existed somewhere.

According to Xander Modus (the announcer), he was given a list of several names to announce for recordings, so he wouldn't know which of the characters make the actual roster. He mentioned this in regards to the fake Smash 4 Rayman leak, where he recorded "RAYMAN" previously and so believed the fake leak.

D

Deleted member

Reason #300 why I want Geno in Smash:

His stock icon. It would look so good.

Firox

Smash Master
If Geno got in, what would the marquee at the boxing ring say for his title?

"He's a REAL boy!"
"Chuckie's worst nightmare"
"The original super star!"
"Good with his hands..."
"The 'higher authority'"
"Star warrior extraordinaire!"

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice

"He's a REAL boy!"
"Good with his hands..."
"The 'higher authority'"
I think it’d be really cool if it was his real name...♡♪!?

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

"He's a REAL boy!"
"Good with his hands..."
"The 'higher authority'"
The last two sound pretty good. :grin:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace

Xander: "Wait, how do you pronounce his name?"
Sakurai: "Well, his name is a little hard to pronounce so... you could just call him Geno, after the doll."
Xander: "Ah."
I wonder if it would even be possible (due to contracts) to commission Xander Mobus to do that for, say, a mod (given I'm in pessimism-ville about Geno's chances right now and am waiting for mods).
Pretty sure you could ask Xander to say "Geno" because he's done it with Shrek and Goku before. If you know him, don't be afraid to ask. I don't think they can do anything about it because Geno/Gino is a real name. Mods can get shutdown, sure, but Legacy XP is still up and literally has Geno in the game, and they also have an announcer that announces his name. So Xander shouldn't be getting in trouble for it, as long as it's for free.
You know what would be cool . If we could modify the announcer voice. Change it to female/male/robotic just a thought. I personally enjoyed the female voice for League of Legends.
I wish we could have the Halo announcer voice. I think Jeff Steitzer would make an amazing announcer for a Smash game.

D

Deleted member

"He's a REAL boy!"
"Good with his hands..."
"The 'higher authority'"
The Wooden Warrior or The Starsend Savior

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace

"He's a REAL boy!"
"Good with his hands..."
"The 'higher authority'"
I thought of something like "Warrior of Star Road" or "Star Warrior ♡♪!?".

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
1. Geno
2. Isaac
3. Ashley
4. Banjo and Kazooie
5. Skull Kid
6. Black Knight
7. Waluigi
8. Shadow
9. Hector/Lyn
10. Edelgard
11. Sylux
12. Porky
13. Ryu Hayabusa
14. Master Chief or Doomguy

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I have a question for all of you that is partial sparked from that Darth Vader discussion we had a while back. Let's say you were given the choice to choose one non-video game character into Smash and you have been told that the agreement with the character you chose would be very exclusive, so it is legally impossible for any more non-video game characters to appear after this one(So no floodgates would be open), who would you pick and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom