• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
TFW you checked online to make sure you were right and you could've just linked a video showing off the Keyblade. :/

Thanks for the appreciation though, lots of people like to 'show-off' stuff but I feel like they end up missing stuff in the excitement, thus I took a text-based meticulous approach.

I REALLY do think Geno could show up in future KH content since Square seems to be both upping the different amounts of Square franchises and lessening the Disney content by the looks of that Secret Ending, and while I don't think we would get a SMRPG world or Geno as a permanent companion, I think it would be kinda like Traverse Town or Hollow Bastion/Radiant Gardens where the characters don't truly fit in that world but they stay there. Geno is knowledgeable about events and could be a companion for a similar world but stay there to gather more intel or fight back the darkness while Sora has to leave, or they could even both leave and Geno shows up again later.

Fun fact about my Geno fan-ness, I may have mentioned it before, but I actually recorded a video on SMRPG...and by recorded a video, I mean I had a VHS player and I had my SNES connected through it so I recorded SMRPG footage onto a random video tape that probably had something more important on it. I think it was even a VHS player/TV hybrid, but anyway...

I lost the tape long ago, but if I remember correctly I recorded the entire intro to the game (something that if I went back to and stuck to creating Let's Play content, I would still do for each first episode. The idea is that before I say or play anything, I let the game introduce itself, and if we are honest that intro before title screens in games are some of the most epic stuff), everyone's special moves as well as what I thought was their best weapons (I know better now, I never got that beanstalk secret before), the song you make with Toadofsky as well as one I made on tape, spinning on the flowers and other memorable platforming moments, one of the Starman locations and how it worked in the game, as well as dialogue with certain characters I enjoyed and I think Yo'ster Isle.

I'm sure there were other things but it's been so long I can't remember. However, if they ever release a remake or sequel to SMRPG I'm going to break my oath of never doing content again and I'll do a series on SMRPG.
The only way I could see Geno showing up in Kh is under Nintendo Exclusive content.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Which might take ages, seeing as KH3 by itself is too strong for the Switch to handle, and I doubt they'd retroactively put him in ports for the Final Mixes.
Idk, I got a good feeling about things. Maybe that is just because I have seen the secret ending and have some theories about what is next.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Are you on Discord? I need more KH3 'I beat the game' fans to talk with.
I have an account, but I don't frequent it too much. Also I have not actually played KH3, but I know how everything goes. I do not have a PS4 and spoilers were pretty much unavoidable. I can still talk, if you can direct me where I should go.

Edit: We can PM if you want.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Any Genobros have Nintendo Online and would want to play Smash at some point later? Send me a PM, and we could set up a Battle Arena!

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Or we can all have a three person chat, as that is an option.
I'll be up for it, but I have an exam on Monday, and I can't stay here for longer periods of time. XD
I already spent enough time today talking about BotW with my friends. Hahahaha
But it will be a pleasure. Let me just ask, though. Would you guys like a discussion more on theorycrafting or impressions of the game? Bc to me, my feelings toward the game changed surprisingly over time. Theories are my thing as well always. :3

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'll be up for it, but I have an exam on Monday, and I can't stay here for longer periods of time. XD
I already spent enough time today talking about BotW with my friends. Hahahaha
But it will be a pleasure. Let me just ask, though. Would you guys like a discussion more on theorycrafting or impressions of the game? Bc to me, my feelings toward the game changed surprisingly over time. Theories are my thing as well always. :3
I can only give my opinions on story stuff, as I have not played the game itself. Theorycrafting is also very fun, so I am open to that as well.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'll be too busy to Smash today, so if anyone sets up an arena, y'all have fun!

Also, it's nice to see supporters of different Square reps coming together over common interests. I'm not a KH fan myself, but it's still great to see.

TheBeastHimself

I'll be too busy to Smash today, so if anyone sets up an arena, y'all have fun!

Also, it's nice to see supporters of different Square reps coming together over common interests. I'm not a KH fan myself, but it's still great to see.
Wish it was the same among Rare supporters, but I guess nobody wants to stick together just because it's a popularity contest. :( KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 pointed it out in the Conker thread, there's a lot of tribalism for those who support Rare characters. While I don't fault Banjo fans and I understand that they have the freedom to support whomever they like, I do wish Banjo fans showed more support towards Conker like I do in the Banjo thread because at the end of the day we both love dying franchises with an unsure future. We have to stick together instead of creating division.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm not sure if there's still people wondering about the 'jane' file thing, but it was spread throughout different posts, so I thought I could add a simple explanation, just because I looked into it (I haven't used the programs myself). Not gonna spoiler it.

So the file string they found is "/Jack6_C06_v01_070925.mb_Jane1_pony_hairSystemShape2.mchp"

That's a file from Maya, a program used for models and animations. When you save a model that has animations (aka a 'scene'l), it saves it as a .mb.
The first half of the string refers to the animated model for jack's 7th costume ( not sixth, because C00 is the first).

The second half of the string (ending in .mchp) happens when they create a sub-model for simulating hair and its movements. It's called a hair cache, and it's useful for hair physics. The name of the file includes the name of the scene that it's part of (aka the costume model in this case). So the file name has two extensions (mb and mchp) in the name but it's really a hair file. The whole name showing up like that is actually how maya puts it when you save the hair cache.

In other words, it's one file, and 'Jane pony hair' is how they named the animated hair model for costume 7 within joker's folder.
A cache file like that is useful in order to store a large amount of positions and details for hair movement. It likely has to do with long hair and its physics when it comes to that costume.

We can't really know if there's more joker costumes that have the same, since they only found it for costume06. And since the file isn't actually in there, nobody can look into it beyond the filename. I think it's a really cool find though. Hope that helps for some people :)

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I'm not sure if there's still people wondering about the 'jane' file thing, but it was spread throughout different posts, so I thought I could add a simple explanation, just because I looked into it (I haven't used the programs myself). Not gonna spoiler it.

So the file string they found is "/Jack6_C06_v01_070925.mb_Jane1_pony_hairSystemShape2.mchp"

That's a file from Maya, a program used for models and animations. When you save a model that has animations (aka a 'scene'l), it saves it as a .mb.
The first half of the string refers to the animated model for jack's 7th costume ( not sixth, because C00 is the first).

The second half of the string (ending in .mchp) happens when they create a sub-model for simulating hair and its movements. It's called a hair cache, and it's useful for hair physics. The name of the file includes the name of the scene that it's part of (aka the costume model in this case). So the file name has two extensions (mb and mchp) in the name but it's really a hair file. The whole name showing up like that is actually how maya puts it when you save the hair cache.

In other words, it's one file, and 'Jane pony hair' is how they named the animated hair model for costume 7 within joker's folder.
A cache file like that is useful in order to store a large amount of positions and details for hair movement. It likely has to do with long hair and its physics when it comes to that costume.

We can't really know if there's more joker costumes that have the same, since they only found it for costume06. And since the file isn't actually in there, nobody can look into it beyond the filename. I think it's a really cool find though. Hope that helps for some people :)
Are we sure this isn't an element of his moveset, such as a summon or part of his Final Smash? I assume that because it's part of his actual model, the answer is no, because there would be separate scenes for the different elements in all likelihood, and it seems like this is unique to the scene for this specific costume, or at least that's the only one with this data still present.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Wish it was the same among Rare supporters, but I guess nobody wants to stick together just because it's a popularity contest. :( KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 pointed it out in the Conker thread, there's a lot of tribalism for those who support Rare characters. While I don't fault Banjo fans and I understand that they have the freedom to support whomever they like, I do wish Banjo fans showed more support towards Conker like I do in the Banjo thread because at the end of the day we both love dying franchises with an unsure future. We have to stick together instead of creating division.
Exactly! All of us Rare brothers should stick together. In fact, fans of any franchise should help support or show love to other characters from that franchise besides just their favorite. I was a K. Rool supporter for years and even though he was my most wanted, I also supported Dixie as well because she is my favorite Kong and DK just had two reps before hand, which was awful.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Exactly! All of us Rare brothers should stick together. In fact, fans of any franchise should help support or show love to other characters from that franchise besides just their favorite. I was a K. Rool supporter for years and even though he was my most wanted, I also supported Dixie as well because she is my favorite Kong and DK just had two reps before hand, which was awful.
I reached out to the Banjo thread, perhaps change may be brought about. Anyone who supports a Rare character other than Banjo are like the stereotypical nerds, and we're basically asking to sit at the cool kids' table lmao.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, the thing that hurts in particular compared to Donkey Kong is that at least that's assured to eventually get fan favorites since the series is active, while for Rare characters everything is such a long shot even if Minecraft wasn't considered an obstacle to that.

TheBeastHimself

Yeah, the thing that hurts in particular compared to Donkey Kong is that at least that's assured to eventually get fan favorites since the series is active, while for Rare characters everything is such a long shot even if Minecraft wasn't considered an obstacle to that.
But things are a lot different now. I'd understand the tribalism more if Microsoft and Nintendo were still fierce competitors, but now in 2018/2019 they're buttering each other up. We finally have our window of opportunity to pump Rare characters into Smash but instead everyone insists on "BANJO ONLY" and it ****s everyone else over. How likely is it we'll have another opportunity like this? We don't know if Nintendo and Microsoft will stay buddy-buddy. For all we know this could be a Rare occasion... get it? lol.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Are we sure this isn't an element of his moveset, such as a summon or part of his Final Smash? I assume that because it's part of his actual model, the answer is no, because there would be separate scenes for the different elements in all likelihood, and it seems like this is unique to the scene for this specific costume, or at least that's the only one with this data still present.
Well, I'm trying to think of a way that could somehow work, but yeah they would have a separate models for other characters like personas or members in a FS. It being a specific model and costume does mean something, though we dont know what the other costumes have. Another thing is that there aren't really personas or members with a ponytail that i can think of. (not that the name absolutely means there is one for sure).

I'm not counting out any possibility, but i really dont think it's something like that.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
But things are a lot different now. I'd understand the tribalism more if Microsoft and Nintendo were still fierce competitors, but now in 2018/2019 they're buttering each other up. We finally have our window of opportunity to pump Rare characters into Smash but instead everyone insists on "BANJO ONLY" and it ****s everyone else over. How likely is it we'll have another opportunity like this? We don't know if Nintendo and Microsoft will stay buddy-buddy. For all we know this could be a Rare occasion... get it? lol.
Fan rules and leaks have poisoned speculation, that is all.

TheBeastHimself

Fan rules and leaks have poisoned speculation, that is all.
That's a damn shame. Fan rules determine who are the most popular characters, which in turn often decides who gets into Smash. Damn shame for everyone rooting for the underdogs. But that's just life for ya.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That's a damn shame. Fan rules determine who are the most popular characters, which in turn often decides who gets into Smash. Damn shame for everyone rooting for the underdogs. But that's just life for ya.
Eh, sort of yeah, sort of nah. The base game definitely showed that with 'EVERYONE IS HERE!' and the bulk of its newcomers (sans Incineroar, who was literally just GF wanting a new Pokemon in). I don't think it's gonna apply to DLC, though, at least not much. We might not even get a Microsoft rep at all, and goodness knows Geno probably isn't in the Fighter's Pass.

... ugh, thinking of that just makes me sad and irritated, but I can channel that energy into my project. :drflip: I don't need to wait on Nintendo and Square to bring Geno back, and y'all won't have to, either, if all goes Just As Keikaku™.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Eh, sort of yeah, sort of nah. The base game definitely showed that with 'EVERYONE IS HERE!' and the bulk of its newcomers (sans Incineroar, who was literally just GF wanting a new Pokemon in). I don't think it's gonna apply to DLC, though, at least not much. We might not even get a Microsoft rep at all, and goodness knows Geno probably isn't in the Fighter's Pass.

... ugh, thinking of that just makes me sad and irritated, but I can channel that energy into my project. :drflip: I don't need to wait on Nintendo and Square to bring Geno back, and y'all won't have to, either, if all goes Just As Keikaku™.
Now I am just imagining a duck writing away on some piece of paper while dramatically eating bird feed.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
So thanks to that link earlier, I now know that SMRPG not only had a crap ton of anime pop culture references, but had more sex jokes than I previously knew.

I love Japan.

The reason he uses it in a forest is because you get it after talking to Master Yen Sid at the Mysterious Tower, and then next playable worlds are either Kingdom of Corona or Toy Box. Kingdom of Corona (for worse than better) is mostly forest area, Formchange Extender is an ability basically gives you more time to trigger a Formchange than you would normally have (Formchanges have a limited amout of time to be selected, so Formchange Extender would increase that time from 2 mins to 4 minutes for a random, innaccurate to the game example), and Formchanges are essentially Keyblade transformations unique to each Keyblade (other than the ripoff Keyblades in the game, LOOKING AT YOU HUNNY SPURT!) that you can trigger by beating up enemies enough to fill this Arrow Gauge right above your Command List then pressing Triangle/Y. Formchanges change up how your combos work (Keyblade is now two guns or a hammer or a drill, thus you fight with it differently), sometimes changes how your magic functions and how your dodgeroll/airdash works as well as sometimes your Shotlock, usually does more damage overall and either has a Finisher you can trigger for major damage by yet again pressing Triangle/Y or a second form to achieve via more attacking and then that second form has a Finisher.

Shooting Star's first Formchange is Double Arrowsguns, which is very similar to Wisdom Form except you shoot two guns. This also augments your dodgeroll and airdash to be a simple dash with some invincibility that also fires the guns, and you have a sight mode where you can just open fire at a target with a reticle by holding R2. I believe you also fire magic more like a normal projectile. Your Shotlock changes so when you get max lock-ons you drop from the sky spinning and barrage the enemy with multiple shots. Shooting Star's second Formchange is Magic Launcher, a magic-firing rocket launcher. Your base combo is now a couple of melee attacks with the launcher then firing the launcher at them unless they are far away in which you just fire a couple shots and you keep the ability to once again hold down R2 to fire with a reticle, and the Finisher is just an amped-up shot from the Rocket Launcher that does more damage and has a much bigger range for a true AoE blast.

When completely upgraded, Shooting Star has STR 8, MAG 10 and both Formchange Extender and Magic Treasure Magnet (which works like the regular ability Treasure Magnet, but instead of having to stack multiple of the ability to increase from how far away you can pick up item drops, Magic Treasure Magnet lets you pick them up from any distance with just the one ability equipped).

As a fellow Geno enthusiast who thinks Geno could show up in the next KH game, there is little really tying this Keyblade to Geno, rather tying it to Mickey and how badass he is in KH Lore. It's interesting how it's rather balance between STR and MAG for a magical Keyblade though, and Geno has both good physical and magic damage.

EDIT: I got mostly sniped by EarlTamm EarlTamm but it's all good.
TFW you checked online to make sure you were right and you could've just linked a video showing off the Keyblade. :/

Thanks for the appreciation though, lots of people like to 'show-off' stuff but I feel like they end up missing stuff in the excitement, thus I took a text-based meticulous approach.

I REALLY do think Geno could show up in future KH content since Square seems to be both upping the different amounts of Square franchises and lessening the Disney content by the looks of that Secret Ending, and while I don't think we would get a SMRPG world or Geno as a permanent companion, I think it would be kinda like Traverse Town or Hollow Bastion/Radiant Gardens where the characters don't truly fit in that world but they stay there. Geno is knowledgeable about events and could be a companion for a similar world but stay there to gather more intel or fight back the darkness while Sora has to leave, or they could even both leave and Geno shows up again later.

Fun fact about my Geno fan-ness, I may have mentioned it before, but I actually recorded a video on SMRPG...and by recorded a video, I mean I had a VHS player and I had my SNES connected through it so I recorded SMRPG footage onto a random video tape that probably had something more important on it. I think it was even a VHS player/TV hybrid, but anyway...

I lost the tape long ago, but if I remember correctly I recorded the entire intro to the game (something that if I went back to and stuck to creating Let's Play content, I would still do for each first episode. The idea is that before I say or play anything, I let the game introduce itself, and if we are honest that intro before title screens in games are some of the most epic stuff), everyone's special moves as well as what I thought was their best weapons (I know better now, I never got that beanstalk secret before), the song you make with Toadofsky as well as one I made on tape, spinning on the flowers and other memorable platforming moments, one of the Starman locations and how it worked in the game, as well as dialogue with certain characters I enjoyed and I think Yo'ster Isle.

I'm sure there were other things but it's been so long I can't remember. However, if they ever release a remake or sequel to SMRPG I'm going to break my oath of never doing content again and I'll do a series on SMRPG.
That's actually really interesting. If Geno does somehow make it in Kingdom Hearts, I think that'd be cool, but also a bad thing because if people from Square's side end up liking Geno so much, Square won't want to sell him and the Mario RPG characters to Nintendo; they would make him reappear more in KH games. I'm against that idea because I think Geno deserves to be with his home universe, being in Mario games and only tied with the Marioverse lore. Sure it'd be awesome to see Geno have a voice and reappear after so long, but this happening means we will probably never see him in a Mario game ever again; he'd be considered a KH character from now on, and that also means he probably won't have a good shot in Smash since Sora and a few others would have to make it in the game first. HOWEVER, if Mario DOES appear in KH in his own world and Geno and Mallow actually appear as themselves and are with Mario, I am so down for that. Sorry, it's just that I'm against Geno appearing on his own in Kingdom Hearts because that could mean he probably won't be considered a Mario character anymore, nor will he probably be in a Mario game ever again since Square would make him a KH character from now on and won't accept offers from Nintendo anymore.

But it's unlikely for Geno to even appear at all in KH for a few reasons:

-Mario has not once appeared in the KH series, and that's probably the only way for Geno to make an appearance (whether it's himself or a cameo) at all to be in the game.
-I don't think Disney is too happy with Nintendo right now, especially since Nintendo is making stuff with Universal, aka Disney's nemesis. Still angry they didn't put the Mario cameo in Wreck-It Ralph 2 since the film makers did promise to do it years ago, and that was the only reason why I wanted to see Wreck-It Ralph 2.
-All of the KH worlds have only had ties with Final Fantasy, The World Ends with You, and Disney. I don't see them collaborating with Nintendo at all since they've never done it before, and the main KH games are only on Nintendo's competitor consoles.
-Well... Square doesn't like him, probably the most obvious reason. lol

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I don't think they dislike him, honestly. It's more towards strong apathy, such a lack of caring that they don't even give him a second thought. It doesn't help that Square's got a track record of just... not listening to their fans at all. I have faith in Nintendo giving us things we've been asking about for over two decades, but not Square. I'm probably biased because I absolutely hate Square Enix as a company, but... yyyeah.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That's actually really interesting. If Geno does somehow make it in Kingdom Hearts, I think that'd be cool, but also a bad thing because if people from Square's side end up liking Geno so much, Square won't want to sell him and the Mario RPG characters to Nintendo; they would make him reappear more in KH games. I'm against that idea because I think Geno deserves to be with his home universe, being in Mario games and only tied with the Marioverse lore. Sure it'd be awesome to see Geno have a voice and reappear after so long, but this happening means we will probably never see him in a Mario game ever again; he'd be considered a KH character from now on, and that also means he probably won't have a good shot in Smash since Sora and a few others would have to make it in the game first. HOWEVER, if Mario DOES appear in KH in his own world and Geno and Mallow actually appear as themselves and are with Mario, I am so down for that. Sorry, it's just that I'm against Geno appearing on his own in Kingdom Hearts because that could mean he probably won't be considered a Mario character anymore, nor will he probably be in a Mario game ever again since Square would make him a KH character from now on and won't accept offers from Nintendo anymore.

But it's unlikely for Geno to even appear at all in KH for a few reasons:

-Mario has not once appeared in the KH series, and that's probably the only way for Geno to make an appearance (whether it's himself or a cameo) at all to be in the game.
-I don't think Disney is too happy with Nintendo right now, especially since Nintendo is making stuff with Universal, aka Disney's nemesis. Still angry they didn't put the Mario cameo in Wreck-It Ralph 2 since the film makers did promise to do it years ago, and that was the only reason why I wanted to see Wreck-It Ralph 2.
-All of the KH worlds have only had ties with Final Fantasy, The World Ends with You, and Disney. I don't see them collaborating with Nintendo at all since they've never done it before, and the main KH games are only on Nintendo's competitor consoles.
Well, Square is allowed to do with Geno however they want. We may think of him as a Mario character, but legally speaking he is apart of his own entity. It's not like him being in KH is some barrier when it comes to cannon, as the FF characters that appear in KH are apart of a different cannon from their original games. Plus, we don't know for sure if Disney dislikes Nintendo. Sure there is the universal stuff, but there is also that new Marvel game and that Disney toy game coming out for the Switch.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Well, Square is allowed to do with Geno however they want. We may think of him as a Mario character, but legally speaking he is apart of his own entity. It's not like him being in KH is some barrier when it comes to cannon, as the FF characters that appear in KH are apart of a different cannon from their original games. Plus, we don't know for sure if Disney dislikes Nintendo. Sure there is the universal stuff, but there is also that new Marvel game and that Disney toy game coming out for the Switch.
On Disney, it's also worth noting that Nintendo and Microsoft are apparently collaborating, and it teaches a lesson that competitors don't always have to be against each other. They can do their own thing while also working together. The Universal thing means little to nothing at this point, I feel.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I don't think they dislike him, honestly. It's more towards strong apathy, such a lack of caring that they don't even give him a second thought. It doesn't help that Square's got a track record of just... not listening to their fans at all. I have faith in Nintendo giving us things we've been asking about for over two decades, but not Square. I'm probably biased because I absolutely hate Square Enix as a company, but... yyyeah.
S-E sucks as a company because of a number of reasons. And while they are indeed lacking in terms of hearing the fans, Nintendo was being accused of that until only recently with the Switch. Geno for both companies stays in a limbo. He is a relic of a game that both companies created together in their prime, and now almost nobody from S-E of that time remains in the company. Few people simply remember he even exists there bc it's a completely different generation, and Nintendo has moved on for, not only one, but two RPG Mario series. Yes, Nintendo occasionaly references Geno, but to me, Nintendo hasn't shown a huge strive to even talk to S-E about the character. And now that Nintendo and S-E are finally becoming best buddies again, now could be a good time to push for it. I don't blame either company for what happened and their stances on everything. It was a series of misfortunes that happened that stopped either company from moving forward. I don't think there is any narrative of any side willingly ignoring or outright making it hard to the other party to stop Geno from being a thing in Mario again. And I'm saying that as a dude who loves Nintendo to death and has been extremely disappointed with S-E.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
S-E sucks as a company because of a number of reasons. And while they are indeed lacking in terms of hearing the fans, Nintendo was being accused of that until only recently with the Switch. Geno for both companies stays in a limbo. He is a relic of a game that both companies created together in their prime, and now almost nobody from S-E of that time remains in the company. Few people simply remember he even exists there bc it's a completely different generation, and Nintendo has moved on for, not only one, but two RPG Mario series. Yes, Nintendo occasionaly references Geno, but to me, Nintendo hasn't shown a huge strive to even talk to S-E about the character. And now that Nintendo and S-E are finally becoming best buddies again, now could be a good time to push for it. I don't blame either company for what happened and their stances on everything. It was a series of misfortunes that happened that stopped either company from moving forward. I don't think there is any narrative of any side willingly ignoring or outright making it hard to the other party to stop Geno from being a thing in Mario again. And I'm saying that as a dude who loves Nintendo to death and has been extremely disappointed with S-E.
Yeah, I think you're right. We can't let our voices die down either, or else they might not ever do it.

Now looks more hopeful than ever for Geno and Mallow, even if not for Smash. We already got new content for them in Super Mario-Kun. Why stop now?

D

Deleted member

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks Geno showing up in a future KH game is a possibility.

Also, while I did touch upon a lot of this stuff, your more precise detail is very appreciated.
I think he could appear in KH as well. Not sure how likely it is, but, again, I think he could

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think you're right. We can't let our voices die down either, or else they might not ever do it.

Now looks more hopeful than ever for Geno and Mallow, even if not for Smash. We already got new content for them in Super Mario-Kun. Why stop now?
And even with S-E disappointing me time and time again (with the exception of Dragon Quest), you can still see them also trying to approach fans. You see this with the cheeky humor that shows up in KHIII, the contact that the FFXV team tried to engage with the fans, and FFXIV with their dedicated community. So I think both parties are willing to hear what fans want more than ever.

Although if they had Sakaguchi-san, this would have been dealt with long ago... I miss that awesome dude. :(

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
You aren't biased at all, and you have the right to your opinion! I hate Square as much as you hate them, too. I actually even hate typing the word "Enix" in their name because ever since they fused with that company, they've been Greedy McGee with Nintendo. Square won't sell the Mario RPG characters to Nintendo unless they get a high price for it. Nintendo's revenue is 1 trillion and Square's is like 250 billion, and they'll try anything to get high prices from big companies with lots of money like that. But hey, that's Sony's children for you. I just REALLY hope Nintendo did buy all of SMRPG from Square because I don't like Mario characters being in PlayStation territory; it always gives me a bad vibe for certain reasons.

(I almost said "I hate Square Enix as much as you too", sorry. XD)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You aren't biased at all, and you have the right to your opinion! I hate Square as much as you hate them, too. I actually even hate typing the word "Enix" in their name because ever since they fused with that company, they've been Greedy McGee with Nintendo. Square won't sell the Mario RPG characters to Nintendo unless they get a high price for it. Nintendo's revenue is 1 trillion and Square's is like 250 billion, and they'll try anything to get high prices from big companies with lots of money like that. But hey, that's Sony's children for you. I just REALLY hope Nintendo did buy all of SMRPG from Square because I don't like Mario characters being in PlayStation territory; it always gives me a bad vibe for certain reasons.

(I almost said "I hate Square Enix as much as you too", sorry. XD)
While I wont disagree on the fact of hating Geno, we don't know if there has ever been a deal for buying SMRPG, let alone if it's crazy expensive.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
It wouldn't even make sense for S-E and Nintendo to make such a deal. They had half of their stocks owned by Sony. They weren't free to do what they wanted. Only in 2013 was the time that Sony set them free. And over time, they reapproximated with Nintendo, so it's hard to pinpoint if this even happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom