• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Seriously though, how good do y'all think Doug Bowser will be at running NoA?
I think he'll do great! He looks like a very nice man, and remember to always trust the bald guy. I think he looks a lot more professional and nicer than Kimishima and the current NoJ president we have now. But holy ****, can you believe that? What awesome company hires a man as their president with the name of their #1 villain? Oh yeah... Nintendo! :)

D

Deleted member

I'm not worried about how Doug Bowser will run the company at all. He seems to be a cool guy, and he saved Nintendo's marketing side with his marketing for the Switch. He pioneered that, after all.
I think he'll do great! He looks like a very nice man, and remember to always trust the bald guy. I think he looks a lot more professional and nicer than Kimishima and the current NoJ president we have now. But holy ****, can you believe that? What awesome company hires a man as their president with the name of their #1 villain? Oh yeah... Nintendo! :)
I hope so lol.

And, more specifically, how confident are you guys that he'll bring back older IPs and listen to the fans?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I hope so lol.

And, more specifically, how confident are you guys that he'll bring back older IPs and listen to the fans?
Well, there is only so much he can do, and there was only so much Reggie could do. NoJ calls the shots with all of that. It's a matter of whether or not he'll get some words in edge-wise for those older IPs.

In terms of at least localization, I'm definitely curious, though. I wonder what this will spell for Mother 3's future.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, there is only so much he can do, and there was only so much Reggie could do. NoJ calls the shots with all of that. It's a matter of whether or not he'll get some words in edge-wise for those older IPs.

In terms of at least localization, I'm definitely curious, though. I wonder what this will spell for Mother 3's future.
If NOA already plans to localize Mother 3 this year, than nothing will change regardless.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I hope so lol.

Sadly, I don't think NOA gets a ton of freedom when it comes to deciding what does and doesn't get made on a larger scale.

We might finally get Mother 3 localized though.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Seriously though, how good do y'all think Doug Bowser will be at running NoA?
By all accounts the dude seems very chill, fun and dedicated. In my opinion he’s a worthy successor, and certainly better than the guy they chose to run NoJ (seriously, I know Miyamoto didn’t want the job, but couldn’t they give it to Takeda?)
I hope so lol.

Well, there’s no real way to know that, and it’s not his job, so at most he can try to talk the guys at NoJ into stuff like that.

Localizations though, that’s more interesting. If the guy wants to send out a strong message, I can think of a certain game that would do the trick...

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I'm not worried about how Doug Bowser will run the company at all. He seems to be a cool guy, and he saved Nintendo's marketing side with his marketing for the Switch. He pioneered that, after all.
I like how they didn't pick some random guy, like Furukawa, out of the blue. In my opinion, picking Furukawa as the CEO and president of NoJ was probably a bad choice because he doesn't really care about making the online better and wants Nintendo to go to mobile if they don't do well on the gaming market. This guy needs to take Iwata's advice, because even Iwata said if Nintendo goes to mobile they'll fail. Remember what happened to Konami? Yeah.

But look at that, they made the man who saved Nintendo's market with the Switch as the president of NoA. Excellent choice, whoever made him to NoA president. :)
Sadly, I don't think NOA gets a ton of freedom when it comes to deciding what does and doesn't get made on a larger scale.

We might finally get Mother 3 localized though.
Now that he's no longer with Square and kinda with Undead Labs now, I want Ted Woolsey to come back and translate some RPG titles for us! Can you believe he almost named Punchinello "James Bomb"?

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
By all accounts the dude seems very chill, fun and dedicated. In my opinion he’s a worthy successor, and certainly better than the guy they chose to run NoJ (seriously, I know Miyamoto didn’t want the job, but couldn’t they give it to Takeda?)
I think Takeda retired, but if I were to choose someone, I think Koizumi could do the job well because he DOES listen to the fans and is the man behind great games like: Super Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, Galaxy 2, and Odyssey.
Hey, where did Furukawa say the whole "switch to mobile" thing?
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...tendo_move_away_from_home_console_development
Right here. They say Nintendo will go to mobile if they fail in the gaming market. So whatever you do, keep buying Nintendo consoles! Nintendo games on smartphones are bad, unless they're emulators!

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Gosh, I'm gonna miss Reggie so much. He was so funny and handled things greatly, even if we didn't get some games, still, he did his best and did it great at that. I wish him the best of luck as he retires and he gets to hang with his family and friends again.

I'm sure Doug Bowser is probably the best for taking his seat, I'm just really gonna miss Reggie. :')
Good luck Doug! I'm sure he'll do great!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I know it's not Geno or Reggie related, but...

Opinions on this? A couple years ago anyone would have told you this was impossible, but now? I don't know what to think.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Opinions on this? A couple years ago anyone would have told you this was impossible, but now? I don't know what to think.
with all the rumors going around about Microsoft wanting XBox Live on the Switch and Gamepass stuff on multiple devices, even before this video (and I think one of those rumors may have either been a statement from Microsoft themselves or an accidental leak), I think this is real please.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master

It makes me really excited. Whether it means Banjo will be in Smash or not, it does at least mean one thing:

The bear and bird will be on a Nintendo console for the first time since the year 2000. <3

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If Banjo's reveal trailer doesn't involve the Nintendo 64 icons hugging and crying tears of happiness for Banjo returning then what will be the point.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
And here is the thing, it is completely logical for Microsoft to do this. They have been eyeing up Nintendo for a long time after all. If I recall correctly, part of the reason they even bought Rare is because they thought the DK IP came with. However, they have not been known to try and beat Nintendo at there own game. Or at least, now to the same extent as Sony. Microsoft probably has known for a long time that Nintendo has owned the handheld market, and the Switch only solidified that more. I doubt Microsoft would even attempt to pull their own Switch, as Nintendo already has a great lead, great games, and doing so would hinder Microsofts entire "powerful system" thing they have been competing on Sony with for years. So, this deal could be amazing symbiotic relationship for them. Microsoft gets their games to a market that they could not possibly touch otherwise and Nintendo gets an even better library of games. I imagine that this would also help Switch online tremendously.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace

If Halo came to the Switch? Wow, that'd be insane because Halo has never been on another gaming console before. The closest it left to being on another "console" was being on Mac and PC, but you'd expect Halo to at least be on a PlayStation console first before being on a Nintendo console... it looks like it might be the other way around this time. I mean, I prefer Halo to stay on Xbox, but they need to bring Halo 2, 3, and Reach back from the dead again because I miss those days.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Why is this day so eventful? We have Reggie retiring, Bowser is taking over, the possibility of Nintendo and Microsoft getting incredibly intimate, and now I have seen a thing relating to Jokers coding that has major implications. In case you want to see what I mean, it's in this spoiler.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Why is this day so eventful? We have Reggie retiring, Bowser is taking over, the possibility of Nintendo and Microsoft getting incredibly intimate, and now I have seen a thing relating to Jokers coding that has major implications. In case you want to see what I mean, it's in this spoiler.
Does... Does this mean we're getting a female alt for Joker? Female MC option for Persona 5 R when it comes out? Pony hair makes it sound like a fem alt.

If that happens, oh my god. Oh my god.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Does... Does this mean we're getting a female alt for Joker? Female MC option for Persona 5 R when it comes out? Pony hair makes it sound like a fem alt.

I had a feeling you would get excited about this.
And the thing is, we have no idea what this fem Joker is going to be like. If this FeMC follows the same formula as our last FeMC, she wont just be a gender swapped version of our male protag. At the very least, we know she has a ponytail because of the code.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Geno is getting a female alt
I can guarantee you that I am likely the gayest woman in this thread, and even I wouldn't know how to feel about a female alt for Geno.

... She'd probably be very cute, though... :drshrug:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, I tried.
I can guarantee you that I am likely the gayest woman in this thread, and even I wouldn't know how to feel about a female alt for Geno.

... She'd probably be very cute, though... :drshrug:
New female character: "H-"
Ovaltine: "I am in lesbians with you."

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Ohhh I really hope that's true! :O

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am slightly disappointed that they went with Jane instead of Jill. A perfectly wasted opportunity right there.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Now I am just wondering who is going to voice the Joker FeMC, considering who voices the male Joker.

D

Deleted member

Now I am just wondering who is going to voice the Joker FeMC, considering who voices the male Joker.
it's just Xander Mobus on helium.

Also let's say every character gets a Fem alt can y'all imagine a Fem-Alt for B-K? I think it would look cute, not in that way but a wholesome "Oh that's cute!" kind of way.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
it's just Xander Mobus on helium.

Also let's say every character gets a Fem alt can y'all imagine a Fem-Alt for B-K? I think it would look cute, not in that way but a wholesome "Oh that's cute!" kind of way.
A grown Tooty with Dragon-Kazooie.

Let's do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom