• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

For the SNES Mini we got the unreleased Star Fox 2 which, is kind of a beta version of Star Fox 64. Imagine if we got EB64 (beta version of Mother 3) or Ura Zelda on the N64 Mini, that would be insane. It would be a dream came true for us major N64 fans if either of those two unreleased titles were to be on the N64 Mini.

Lmao! If only they knew what was coming.
Was Ura Zelda the original name for OoT or Majora's Mask? I honestly can't remember.

Last edited by a moderator:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
There are so many things that can be done with F-Zero that haven't been. Like, do a more expansive story mode with more adventure between the races (kinda like Diddy Kong Racing?), especially since F-Zero's environments are so unique and futuristic. Be able to make customized carts and characters. Custom tracks. Vehicle upgrades. Vehicle transformations could even work if done correctly and if we keep the anti-gravity nature of F-Zero in check. Give Captain Falcon sunglasses beneath his sunglasses, I don't know! Do something.
They really teased us hard by giving each pilot their own themes and letting them do interviews and whatnot in GX. It really seemed like they were headed towards career modes where you could pick a racer, win tournaments, do interviews, pick up endorsement deals, fulfill unique tasks with each racer, etc. They could have made it like the NBA games where you play the game and then do all this background stuff too and feel like a real pro athlete/racer but with F-Zero you have the advantage of being in a really cool futuristic world that could be fleshed out and incorporated within the game.

Last edited:

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
F-Zero talk always puts me in a good mood. Remember when Captain Falcon was revealed for Smash 4, and even Sakurai lamented F-Zero not having any new games? Good times..

Anyway, a crazy idea I had about the supposed revival news. Anyone remember reading about a game called Project H.A.M.M.E.R. that was in development for the Wii (and I'm talking before the Wii was released)? I think it was cancelled due to creative differences. Probably not the game being spoken of, but just a thought.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
F-Zero talk always puts me in a good mood. Remember when Captain Falcon was revealed for Smash 4, and even Sakurai lamented F-Zero not having any new games? Good times..

Aanyway, a crazy idea I had about the supposed revival news. Anyone remember reading about a game called Project H.A.M.M.E.R. that was in development for the Wii (and I'm talking before the Wii was released)? I think it was cancelled due to creative differences. Probably not the game being spoken of, but just a thought.
I definitely remember that

D

Deleted member

It's got to be a super-fast racing game, the biker that kills people on quadrunners, shirtless smokey-backpack bird, or the Three Mothers Trilogy brought to you by Dario Argento.
Can I get uuuuh....All of the above?

I like all of those and all of them are good options.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Going back to Miyamoto for a sec, it just clicked with me that he's been doing the same formula of "Mario saves Damsel from Bad Guy" since 1981. That's 38 years...

TheBeastHimself

I feel like whenever someone offers a good idea at Nintendo, Reggie hops out from around the corner and shouts "How about this instead?", watching the person being engulfed in flames with a grin.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
There are so many things that can be done with F-Zero that haven't been. Like, do a more expansive story mode with more adventure between the races (kinda like Diddy Kong Racing?), especially since F-Zero's environments are so unique and futuristic. Be able to make customized carts and characters. Custom tracks. Vehicle upgrades. Vehicle transformations could even work if done correctly and if we keep the anti-gravity nature of F-Zero in check. Give Captain Falcon sunglasses beneath his sunglasses, I don't know! Do something.
Whoa there, can we get that sunglasses thing past the ESRB? Might be too much for today’s society.
It's got to be a super-fast racing game, the biker that kills people on quadrunners, shirtless smokey-backpack bird, or the Three Mothers Trilogy brought to you by Dario Argento.
*groans in F-Zero*

bomamba

Smash Cadet
Lowkey I want everything except the bike one, but F-Zero has had the longest wait so, I’m personally hoping for that one

TheBeastHimself

Man; it's a crazy time when Mother might actually be coming back.
I've been through too many times where it Mother seemed like it was going to be coming back, I've waited so long. I don't know what's going to happen, but I support Itoi no matter what decision he decides to make. If he really never wants there to be another official Mother game, I'll respect it. It's his series after all.

D

Deleted member

Can I get uuuuh....All of the above?

I like all of those and all of them are good options.
Hell yes

Three Mothers please.
Hell yes again

I feel like whenever someone offers a good idea at Nintendo, Reggie hops out from around the corner and shouts "How about this instead?", watching the person being engulfed in flames with a grin.
I suffered through too much watching that, please don't remind me of it :(

Man; it's a crazy time when Mother might actually be coming back.
It's a crazy time, and I just have a gut feeling that this year will be the series' time to return - both with reps in Smash and the trilogy remade.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Do anyone know how legit is Shawn Long of RGT 85? Apparently this dude is saying the game in question is crazy stuff and not from Nintendo.
https://twitter.com/ShawnLong85/status/1097202261225340928

Well, there was the rumor of 3 Platinum developed titles coming to the Switch. Currently we have Bayo 3 and Astral Chain, so the rumor might be possible and Scalebound might complete the rumor.
Quoting ryumo from SE thread, so this guy from twitter is saying it's not from Nintendo.
I don't know if Banjo has some cancelled games

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That… could be it actually…
After Dark Dawn's failing in multiple aspects, maybe the series was slated to make a return and another game had already been planned. That said, it could have been officially cancelled before the public even got a chance to know about it, thanks to DD's failure. It's a stretch, but it's not off the table.

EDIT: Ooooh, if it isn't a Nintendo game, that does sound suspiciously like Scalebound...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Quoting ryumo from SE thread, so this guy from twitter is saying it's not from Nintendo.
> Says he knows what it is
> Doesn't tell for a stupid reason

Oh yeah totally believable

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Just show us the seco

Was Ura Zelda the original name for OoT or Majora's Mask? I honestly can't remember.
Ura Zelda was the name for the unreleased OOT 64DD expansion kit that would have put in new dungeons and side missions in OOT.

Majora's Mask, but I think Ura Zelda itself was just DLC for OoT on a separate cartridge.
No, the beta name for Majora's Mask was Zelda Gaiden.

Rare was planning to make Banjo-Threeie on the Gamecube, but the buyout from Microsoft of course stop that project.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since the direct happened, what are your views on Geno's chances of getting in? He gets a 55% from me.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Since the direct happened, what are your views on Geno's chances of getting in? He gets a 55% from me.
I would give Geno a 65% percent chance because of the Megasmilax reference in Piranha's Palutena's Guidance and the Japanese SMRPG reference in Piranha's Classic Mode credits picture.

Edit: What would you rate Banjo's chances?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would give Geno a 65% percent chance because of the Megasmilax reference in Piranha's Palutena's Guidance and the Japanese SMRPG reference in Piranha's Classic Mode credits picture.

Edit: What would you rate Banjo's chances?
Wouldn't know about Banjo's chances tbh but if I had to rate him I'd say 60%

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I think Croc is a near lock at this point.
Croco's gonna be in Smash before Geno? Stop the presses!

(Sorry, I'm sure you meant something else and it went way over my head.)

As for Banjo's chances, I'd put him at 30% if Steve was considered to be playable. If Steve wasn't, 70%.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I personally don't think it's fair to give percentages to characters since we literally have no information to go based off of besides "x said so"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom