• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

We talking about dead franchises? I think for the Most Part we will never ever see another F-Zero again but that's okay. F-Zero is still remembered in Smash and even without having a game for the better half of a decade or so Captain Falcon is still a beloved character because of Smash. Mario Kart introduced both Gravity changing and 200cc mode so I really don't think F-Zero will come back though, I hope we can get the Cap in Mario Kart as tribute.

Mother will never have another installment which is honestly sad cause it's such a unique franchise but the Creator already stated he isn't interested in making another game so unless they get a group of fans to make another Mother game it's pretty dead. Mother 3 Localization though? That still could happen and I would be down for that.

Kid Icarus could get another Sequel as Sakurai might just not have had enough time to work on a Sequel as he himself stated in one of his Famitsu columns that he Started the Creation of Smash Ultimate Right after finishing up Smash 4 DLC. We'll just have to wait and see, if the game doesn't get a Sequel in a decade I would officially call it dead but until then it's too early to say one way or another.

Golden Sun though, It totally needs another Installment. Golden sun from my knowledge is such a special and cool RPG that has a ton of unique things about it that I think it deserves at least one more chance. Though Camelot is so into making Mario Spinoff's I don't know how likely it is for it to happen. Would be cool but for publicity's sake they Should put Isaac in Smash and then make another Golden Sun.

Now for a recently deceased Franchise, Rhythm Heaven should not Die but likely will if not already did. Rhythm Heaven is such a stand out and unique franchise there isn't much of anything like it and I don't think they should let the franchise Die as it has so much potential still left. Sadly again, Smash needs a Rhythm heaven rep before it can really get the big push it deserves.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Again, it seems relatively unlikely that Sakurai wouldn't have brought up Geno when discussing DLC with Square Enix. Given that NOJ seemed to allow Sakurai to allow a Persona rep or at least seemed to take his interests/feedback into account, I seriously doubt they wouldn't want Geno in since he's part of their most iconic, well loved IP. It's not like Golden Sun where it was viewed as a dead franchise, nobody at Nintendo would ever call Mario a dead IP. And going by Sakurai's comments in that recent interview, no characters were rejected for the DLC process apparently, so Geno isn't as unlikely as some may want you to believe. Plus, Geno as a character reveal for DLC would be perfect for a general Nintendo Direct as I'm not sure he would be quite E3 material.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Again, it seems relatively unlikely that Sakurai wouldn't have brought up Geno when discussing DLC with Square Enix. Given that NOJ seemed to allow Sakurai to allow a Persona rep or at least seemed to take his interests/feedback into account, I seriously doubt they wouldn't want Geno in since he's part of their most iconic, well loved IP. It's not like Golden Sun where it was viewed as a dead franchise, nobody at Nintendo would ever call Mario a dead IP. And going by Sakurai's comments in that recent interview, no characters were rejected for the DLC process apparently, so Geno isn't as unlikely as some may want you to believe. Plus, Geno as a character reveal for DLC would be perfect for a general Nintendo Direct as I'm not sure he would be quite E3 material.
In summation, that's generally why I think Geno, if he's in, will be miscellaneous DLC as opposed to being in the Fighter's Pass itself. If and only if Sakurai was allowed to go to Square for Geno's rights as playable, he'd likely be a surprise, additional character outside of the pass, especially since the pass seems focused on capturing wider audiences than fan favorites.

D

Deleted member

I wish I could believe that...I wish. but I can't with everything we know it just looks unlikely. I feel that the Geno Dream is dead and that's coming from someone who's entire friend group tried to tell me that K. Rool is too irrelevant and would never get into smash before the August direct happened.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Rhythm Heaven I think wound up having to compete with the similar Wario Ware. Which is ironic, since both share some staff...

Brand confusion hurts like that. At this rate it won't fare much better than Ouendan/EBA or Starfy.

I wish I could believe that...I wish. but I can't with everything we know it just looks unlikely. I feel that the Geno Dream is dead and that's coming from someone who's entire friend group tried to tell me that K. Rool is too irrelevant and would never get into smash before the August direct happened.
You know, besides Operation Starfall, it doesn't hurt to be open to other character possibilities. Not saying Steve or whatever, but there's plenty of cool characters out there that at least one person in this world would love to see in this series.

Heck, for all we know the characters in question barely got any support here and elsewhere beforehand, and they would finally get a chance to shine. Geno's not going anywhere from the public mindset for a while.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That is a good point. I never thought about that.

This actually restored some more hope I have in Geno. Thanks.

Also, no @ShotoStar, the Geno dream is not dead. Even in the Joker thread, a few days before his reveal, people there lost hope in his chances, but got their wish an hour and a half before Ultimate was released. Don't give up!!!

D

Deleted member

Yeah, you never know what can happen. No one is a fortuneteller, no matter how much some people try to be.
Exactly. I know Ridley fans took a huge hit in the balls when Sakurai gave his views on Ridley, but they didn't give up regardless.

If they gave up, Ridley would not have made the roster.

Now if we give up too, Geno ain't happening.

Which is why I'm stubborn and not giving up no matter what happens.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So question. I'm hearing that there is this theory that Brave is a zoning character based on stats. Others said it originated here. Red pill me on how the stats make Brave a zoner. Legit curious.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So question. I'm hearing that there is this theory that Brave is a zoning character based on stats. Others said it originated here. Red pill me on how the stats make Brave a zoner. Legit curious.
I also recall Brave is short leading to some speculation of Geno but otherwise the chibi version of Erdrick.

D

Deleted member

Rhythm Heaven I think wound up having to compete with the similar Wario Ware. Which is ironic, since both share some staff...

Brand confusion hurts like that. At this rate it won't fare much better than Ouendan/EBA or Starfy.

You know, besides Operation Starfall, it doesn't hurt to be open to other character possibilities. Not saying Steve or whatever, but there's plenty of cool characters out there that at least one person in this world would love to see in this series.

Heck, for all we know the characters in question barely got any support here and elsewhere beforehand, and they would finally get a chance to shine. Geno's not going anywhere from the public mindset for a while.
I mean I'm open to a lot of characters it's just that most of them are deconfirmed. I'm open to/Were open to (for some since they got deconfirmed): Isaac, Shadow, Skull Kid, Rex & Pyra, Spring-Man, Lyn, Banjo (One of my two wants), Geno (The other one of my wants), Ninten, Shantae, Sans, I was Open to Inciniroar before he got revealed, Same with Ken, and I'm even Open to Slime to a certain extent. I'm just focusing on the characters I personally want and there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

That is a good point. I never thought about that.

This actually restored some more hope I have in Geno. Thanks.

Also, no @ShotoStar, the Geno dream is not dead. Even in the Joker thread, a few days before his reveal, people there lost hope in his chances, but got their wish an hour and a half before Ultimate was released. Don't give up!!!
Maybe not. and Maybe its just that I don't want to get my Hopes up but I'm on the better safe than to be sorry side of things. If I'm Wrong I will cry tears of Joy if I'm right well, at least I didn't get my hopes up like I did with that temptress Grinch.

D

Deleted member

So, brave has similar movements to zoner characters, like Wario, Pacman, and Duck-hunt, and has overall more similarities with them than swordsman. The swordsman brave has the most similarities with is the Mii swordsman, the swordman most people consider the outlier of the swordsmen, as he has many projectiles.

I mean I'm open to a lot of characters it's just that most of them are deconfirmed. I'm open to/Were open to (for some since they got deconfirmed): Isaac, Shadow, Skull Kid, Rex & Pyra, Spring-Man, Lyn, Banjo (One of my two wants), Geno (The other one of my wants), Ninten, Shantae, Sans, I was Open to Inciniroar before he got revealed, Same with Ken, and I'm even Open to Slime to a certain extent. I'm just focusing on the characters I personally want and there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Maybe not. and Maybe its just that I don't want to get my Hopes up but I'm on the better safe than to be sorry side of things. If I'm Wrong I will cry tears of Joy if I'm right well, at least I didn't get my hopes up like I did with that temptress Grinch.
Well, it's not so much getting your hopes up, but instead not giving up. It isn't bad to temper expectations, but you shouldn't give up either!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So, brave has similar movements to zoner characters, like Wario, Pacman, and Duck-hunt, and has overall more similarities with them than swordsman. The swordsman he has the most similarities with is the Mii swordsman, the swordman most people consider the outlier of the swordsmen, as he has many projectiles.

Well, it's not so much getting your hopes up, but instead not giving up. It isn't bad to temper expectations, but you shouldn't give up either!
Well I'm not giving up overall, I will continue to push for him and a Season 2 if he does not get in season 1. if we don't get a Season 2 we'll we always have Next game and Operation Starfall to rely on.

D

Deleted member

Well I'm not giving up overall, I will continue to push for him and a Season 2 if he does not get in season 1. if we don't get a Season 2 we'll we always have Next game and Operation Starfall to rely on.
That's the spirit! :D

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So, brave has similar movements to zoner characters, like Wario, Pacman, and Duck-hunt, and has overall more similarities with them than swordsman. The swordsman brave has the most similarities with is the Mii swordsman, the swordman most people consider the outlier of the swordsmen, as he has many projectiles.
Interesting. So he's got stats similar to some of the odder characters. Sorry to be a bother, but is there anything specific?

D

Deleted member

Interesting. So he's got stats similar to some of the odder characters. Sorry to be a bother, but is there anything specific?
You mean Like Stats or? If so:

-Walk Speed: 1.28
-Run Speed: 1.74
-Jump Speed: 1.2
-Air Speed 1.14
-No Rapid Jab/Jab Combo
-Slides
-Size is at it's shortest around the Mother Boys and at it's highest slightly shorter than Mario.

D

Deleted member

Yes. For instance, here are running speed, air speed, and weight units of swordsman, then brave's after:

Link: 1.534 - 0.924 - 104
Young Link: 1.749 - 0.966 - 88
Marth/Lucina: 1.964 - 1.071- 90
Roy/Chrom: 2.145 - 1.302 - 95
Metaknight: 2.09 - 1.04 - 80
Pit/Dark Pit: 1.828 - 0.935 - 96
Ike: 1.507 - 1.134 - 107
Toon Link: 1.906 - 1.05 - 91
Mii Swordfighter: 1.58 -1.17 - 100
Robin: 1.265 - 1.05 - 95
Shulk: 1.672 - 1.133 - 97
Cloud: 2.167 - 1.155 - 100
Corrin: 1.595 - 1.019- 98

Brave: 1.74 - 1.14 - 101

Btw, I got this from a post of Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's

And yeah, brave has the most movement similarities with Mii swordsman out of all the swordsmen

Another character brave has movement similarities with is Mario, and here are Mario's short hop and fast fall stats: https://twitter.com/_Mizumi/status/1080977290266324993

And for reference, here is the landing lag data for all characters: https://smashboards.com/threads/lan...ead-training-mode-tested-all-76-chars.464174/

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So I drew a thing (and by drew I mean painted for about an agonizing week AUUUUGH) for Operation Starfall, all with a nice little shameless plug. Just tossing this here in hopes that y'all like it and can spread it around!
Gently quoting this and depositing it here for your perusal. If not for Operation Starfall, check it for the good boy with his good cloud friend making good music.

D

Deleted member

Gently quoting this and depositing it here for your perusal. If not for Operation Starfall, check it for the good boy with his good cloud friend making good music.
OH MY GOD! I LOVE IT! AMAZING JOB OVALTINE! Like seriously you're one of the best Artists I have ever found online. Beautiful artwork Oval!

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Just a heads up, we better keep the momentum going for the next Smash entry if Geno isn't DLC. Make sure we don't dip down like we did in Sm4sh; show your support, spread the word, and basically do anything you feel may help our chances.

On another note, I've been listening to certain songs from the Mario RPG games, and I gotta say the Smithy music is way better than I remember, same with the Final Princess Shroob theme.

D

Deleted member

Just a heads up, we better keep the momentum going for the next Smash entry if Geno isn't DLC. Make sure we don't dip down like we did in Sm4sh; show your support, spread the word, and basically do anything you feel may help our chances.

On another note, I've been listening to certain songs from the Mario RPG games, and I gotta say the Smithy music is way better than I remember, same with the Final Princess Shroob theme.
But what do we do? How do we move on from here?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
But what do we do? How do we move on from here?
That's simple. We keep championing him. We don't let our hopes waver. We focus on Operation Starfall. We continue to be as loud as we've been and then some.

We won't go down without a hell of a fight.

D

Deleted member

That's simple. We keep championing him. We don't let our hopes waver. We focus on Operation Starfall. We continue to be as loud as we've been and then some.

We won't go down without a hell of a fight.
I guess but after the November Direct people have been using Geno as a punching bag and for the most part on reddit you get downvoted to hell and force-fed the Narrative of Spirits deconfirm, On Twitter they do the same thing with how Spirits deconfirm. It just seems like we've hit a wall and there's nothing more we can do and even if there was People wouldn't listen to us.

Edit: I'm just curious how we're gonna champion him and how we're gonna spread our love for Geno throughout the Internet now?

D

Deleted member

I guess but after the November Direct people have been using Geno as a punching bag and for the most part on reddit you get downvoted to hell and force-fed the Narrative of Spirits deconfirm, On Twitter they do the same thing with how Spirits deconfirm. It just seems like we've hit a wall and there's nothing more we can do and even if there was People wouldn't listen to us.
The same thing could have been said for Ridley and K Rool

D

Deleted member

The same thing could have been said for Ridley and K Rool
That's true enough but I'm still new to doing these Operations and things except for like once which was unsuccessful. What did the Kremling Kampaingers do exactly?

D

Deleted member

That's true enough but I'm still new to doing these Operations and things except for like once which was unsuccessful. What did the Kremling Kampaingers do exactly?
Well, I don't remember what they did exactly, but I do know that they got a ton of hate for it. Ridley too, especially after, again, Sakurai giving his views on him.

We shouldn't give up no matter what

D

Deleted member

Starting to realize how Depressed I am. Man, I need to cheer up cause it isn't over 'till it's over. When we all thought the Grinch leak was real it was fake which could always happen with Erdrick and when we all thought that Joker was never going to get in and then he did that could be the same with Geno. It's never over until it's over. Let's go Geno! no matter how unlikely it is I'll always cheer for my Blue wearing doll dude!

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Starting to realize how Depressed I am. Man, I need to cheer up cause it isn't over 'till it's over. When we all thought the Grinch leak was real it was fake which could always happen with Erdrick and when we all thought that Joker was never going to get in and then he did that could be the same with Geno. It's never over until it's over. Let's go Geno! no matter how unlikely it is I'll always cheer for my Blue wearing doll dude!
Tell me about it. Nearly everyone I want the most is either really obscure and has a small following or is generally disliked by many people:
Geno
The Knight from Hollow Knight
Master Chief
Steve
Mona (sorry, Ashley fans)

Difference between these characters and Geno is that Geno has amassed a substantial following. I'm not willing to give up on my dream character, and I'd like to think you guys aren't, either. Carry your support onwards and forever for Geno!

D

Deleted member

Tell me about it. Nearly everyone I want the most is either really obscure and has a small following or is generally disliked by many people:
Geno
Master Chief
Steve

Difference between these characters and Geno is that Geno has amassed a substantial following. I'm not willing to give up on my dream character, and I'd like to think you guys aren't, either. Carry your support onwards and forever for Geno!
Don't worry about wanting Mona cause I personally want my Boy Jimmy T. As the next Warioware rep. No offense but c'mon his theme is super Catchy and he's just such a cool dude. But yeah Never give up on your dreams!

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Geno
Master Chief
Steve

The Knight from Hollow Knight would honestly be perfect for Smash--his moveset would translate very easily. But I will never give up on Geno.

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
So I got bored and looked into who might be some potential bosses and playable characters in future Smash installments based on their representation within the franchise. Probably best for the general thread, but I love just posting in here. Let me know what you guys think. These listings are also informed by my opinions, so apologies if I miss an obvious inclusion.

MC= Mii Costume
AT= Assist Trophy
B= Boss
PS/SS= Primary or Support Spirit w/ rank:
1 is novice and 4 is legend
T= Trophy
Alt= Represented in a characters color swap
O= Other, such as stage or hazard
* denotes my personal picks as most likely to be promoted.

Characters are listed by their representation. Note: MC is the highest tier of representation imo because it's as close to playing with the character as you can get.

Remaining Potential Characters:

1. Unique Newcomers:

*Isaac MC/AT/4PS/T (GBA)
*Skull Kid MC/AT/4PS/T (N64)
*Ashley MC/AT/4SS/T (DS)
*Takamaru MC/AT/3PS/T (NES)
*Saki Amamiya MC/AT/3PS/T (N64)
Ray Mk III MC/AT/3PS/T (DS)
*Spring Man MC/AT/3PS (NS)
Marx MC/B/4PS (SNES)
Viridi MC/4SS/T/O (3DS)
Chibi-Robo MC/3PS/T (GC)
*Rex MC/3PS (NS)
*Krystal AT/4PS/T (GC)
Lyn AT/4PS/T (GBA)
Sable Prince AT/4PS/T (GB)
*Waluigi AT/3PS/T/Alt (N64)
Paper Mario 3PS/T/O (N64)
Chorus Kids 3PS/T (DS)
*Bandana Waddle Dee 3PS (SNES)

Honorable Mention: Andy, Sylux, Tharja, Hector, Jill Dozer, Toon Zelda, Masked Man, Tingle, Captain Toad, Dillon, Excitebiker, Elma, Lip, Midna, Barbara the Bat, Tamagon, Balloon Fighter, Mach Rider, Captain Rainbow

I don't personally think the Honorable mentions will ever become playable, but they are important enough to consider as possibilities.

2. Echo Fighters:

*The Black Knight MC/AT/4PS/T/Alt/O
*Dixie Kong MC/4PS/T/Alt
Proto Man (Capcom) MC/4PS/T/O
*Shadow (Sega) AT/4PS/T
*Medusa 4PS/T/Alt
*Galacta Knight 4PS/T/Alt
Jeanne (Sega) 4PS/T/Alt
*Ribbon Girl MC/2PS
*Funky Kong MS/T/O
*Black Shadow 4PS/T
Birdo 3PS/T/O
Impa 3PS/T
*Ninten 4PS
Octoling 2PS
Zack Fair (Square) Alt
*Mrs. Pac-Man (Namco)

3. Alternate Costumes (like koopalings):

Big Boss 4PS/T/Alt (Konami)
*Blood Falcon 3PS/T/Alt
*Louie 3PS/T/Alt
*James McCloud 4PS/T
*Claus 4PS/Alt
Fierce Diety Link 4PS/Alt
*Dry Bowser 4PS
Kaptain K. Rool 4PS
Hilda 3PS/Alt
Eliwood 3PS
Dark Meta Knight T/Alt

4. Third Party Guests (ordered by who I think is personally likely):

*Lloyd Irving (Namco) MC
*Erdrick (Square)
*Monster Hunter (Capcom) MC/O
*Banjo-Kazooie (Microsoft)
*Ryu Hayabusa (Koei Techmo)
*Geno (Square) MC/4PS
*Doomguy (Bethesda)
*Steve (Microsoft)
*Sora (Disney)
*Dragonborn (Bethesda)
Phoenix Wright (Capcom)
Rayman (Ubisoft) 3PS/T
Tails (Sega) MC/3SS/T/O
Heihachi Mishima (Namco) MC/O
Frogger (Konami)
Crash Bandicoot (Activision Blizzard)
Jill Valentine (Capcom)
Lara Croft (Square)
KOS-MOS (Namco)
Bomberman (Konami) AT/3PS
Dante (Capcom)
Gordon Freeman (Valve)
Master Chief (Microsoft)
Sub-Zero (Warner Bros.)

5. Bosses:

Porky B/T (SNES)
Dr. Wily AT/4PS/T/O (NES)
Mother Brain AT/4PS/T (NES)
Andross AT/4PS/T (SNES)
Metal Face 4PS/T/O
Kamek 2PS/T/O
Magalor 3PS/T
Dr. Eggman 4PS
Super Macho Man 4PS
Hades 4PS
Akuma 4PS
King Boo 2PS
Sephiroth
Smithy

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Geno
Master Chief
Steve

Gosh, the Master Chief would be such an awesome and mind-blowing pick. I'd prefer the Arbiter in Smash, but we all know who'd be up first in line if a Halo character was coming to Smash. ;)

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Hollow Knight discussion! I'm in. what if hollow knight is brave and is revealed at Indies showcase

ZelDan

Smash Master
I thought Hollow Knight was great, but I don't see him getting into Smash at all. Hollow Knight doesn't have the popularity of Undertale, didn't make as much of a splash across the indie scene, and I think gaming in general like Shovel Knight, nor does it have the legacy Shantae or Cave Story has.

To me those are the only 4 that ever had any kind of shot of being playable, and even then their chances were kinda iffy due to them being, ya know, indie.

Oh, an, um, Geno is cool and badass. SMRPG is awesome. Sure like me some Mario RPGs.

D

Deleted member

I made this
E26C507A-4FAD-4568-ADCC-7937D5E7A170.png

I’m gonna get a lot of backlash where I’m gonna post this

Edit: they all hate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom