• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

TBH people also have to remember that stats don't always completely reflect the actual character

For example, Little Mac shouldn't have super armor since he can't really tank through things in Punch-Out (most of the game is built around dodging and reacting instead) but in order to make him not totally garbage they gave some to him.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I made sure to make a blood sacrifice the other night during the blood moon on a shrine I made for Geno in honor of this page. It's going to happen now. Satan said so.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

TBH people also have to remember that stats don't always completely reflect the actual character

For example, Little Mac shouldn't have super armor since he can't really tank through things in Punch-Out (most of the game is built around dodging and reacting instead) but in order to make him not totally garbage they gave some to him.
I guess your right I don’t think the stats will change everything with Genos chances and I’m going with Fatmanonice Fatmanonice statement about the brave character just to give me hope

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Indies Highlight. Not a Nindies Direct
Also, so far it's UK only. Not what you're looking for.
I know it's not a general Direct, I was joking around with 666, since the Nindies is not what most people here wanted.

Jokes aside, I'm sure they'll bring up the Oniken/Odallus bundle, seeing as the physical release pre-order is set to be launched on Play-Asia this Thursday.

Last edited:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
The DQ rep in Jump Force is interesting. Square could be trying to make a giant marketing push to get DQ more recognition out here in the west.

Regardless its still beyond weird to me that Geno is without his costume for the mii and only received a spirit or online avatar. I really do think he will make a return in a big way sometime next year.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The DQ rep in Jump Force is interesting. Square could be trying to make a giant marketing push to get DQ more recognition out here in the west.
Considering it's Jump Force, I doubt it'll work for that game any more than those ZOE demos in Metal Gear Solid games. Even J-Stars Victory Vs. didn't seem to raise much interest in the JP-only properties that showcased.

Though I'm sure it'll get some decent mileage in Europe, since France actually gets a smidgen more DQ stuff than in the US (mainly the various manga).

Last edited:

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Since it’s the 666th page, I wanted to leave a message for kicks. So uh, what’s everyone’s favorite indie game?

Mine is Knuckle Sandwich. It isn’t released yet, but I played the demo and freaking loved it. The combat looks really fun and the sprite work is really interesting and reminds me of those old surreal PS1 games at times.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Since it’s the 666th page, I wanted to leave a message for kicks. So uh, what’s everyone’s favorite indie game?

Mine is Knuckle Sandwich. It isn’t released yet, but I played the demo and freaking loved it. The combat looks really fun and the sprite work is really interesting and reminds me of those old surreal PS1 games at times.
So far for me it's a three-way between Dead Cells, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon and Shovel Knight. I will say I'm quite glad DC won an award though.

Last edited:

Potatu

Smash Apprentice

It's a tie between Terraria and Shovel Knight. SK is an excellent platformer and turned my 3ds into a Shovel Knight playing machine for a while. Terraria on the other hand, is filled to the brim with content. If i had the time, i would've already sunken in about 1000 hours into the game, it's THAT addictive.

Last edited:

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Not entirely sure if this counts as indie but Ori and the Blind Forest was absolutely incredible. Really looking forward to the sequel! =3
Shovel Knight is also really good.
What do you guys think is the equivalent of Satan in the Mario world? Just wondering for laughs haha :)
It's definitely Bonechill from SPM. Like, he's literally based on the biblical story of Lucifer.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Oh how I hope Sans isn't revealed. If we do get an indie character, I'd much rather it be one of these:
1) The Knight (Hollow Knight)
2) Shantae
3) Cuphead
4) Quote
5) The Kid (Bastion)

No offense to Sans supporters, I'd just much prefer it not be him.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh how I hope Sans isn't revealed. If we do get an indie character, I'd much rather it be one of these:
2) Shantae
3) Cuphead
4) Quote
5) The Kid (Bastion)

None taken. Though I do wish Cuphead wasn't in M$ jail, seeing as a sequel will take as much effort to make before we know that can be multi-platform.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
2) Shantae
3) Cuphead
4) Quote
5) The Kid (Bastion)

It won't be sans, since sans can handle just one hit, It would be a character with perma 999% you know? Frisk would be neat tho.
For me would be

1)Quote
2)Shantae
3)Shovel Knight

Not in any specific order.

EDIT: REIMU FIRST

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Not entirely sure if this counts as indie but Ori and the Blind Forest was absolutely incredible. Really looking forward to the sequel! =3
Shovel Knight is also really good.

It's definitely Bonechill from SPM. Like, he's literally based on the biblical story of Lucifer.
I totally forgot about Bonechill! Man, SPM is so underrated.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Can’t say I’ve played a lot of indies, but it’s either Papers Please, Bloodstained, or good ol’ Undertale.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Honestly the only Indie characters I'd like to see in Smash are SK and Reimu. Shantae seeme cool too but I've never played her games soo...~

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Shantae, SK, and HK are the three I'd love to see, but if we had to have an Undertale rep, why not Papyrus? He'd be far more interesting and has more likability than Stans Underpale does, anyway. (I adore Papyrus and think Sans is horribly overrated, though, so I'm biased as hell. That said, Papyrus is a huge fan favorite, and apparently Toby's favorite of his own OCs, too.)

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Maybe it's unpopular of me to think that Shovel Knight's moveset would make his shovel feel like a glorified sword. Either that or it would just involve incredibly repetitive actions with the shovel. I don't know much about his series, but from what I've seen, only his chaos sphere and flare wand seem impressive.

Also if this doesn't make you want Hollow Knight in Smash I don't know what will (second one is modded only to show moveset potential):

On a more related note, I think you guys would just love the comments section for this video I found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzmoPym9opM

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Out of the ones I played hmm...Probably Shovel knight or Celeste. Shovel Knight for being such a fun game with a ton of awesome music and Celeste cause for being pixelated is very beautiful and the music is pretty freaking good to boot.

Ingenious!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2810-4113-1684
Switch FC
SW 8436 9508 1692
Did someone say INDIE cause mine is Lethal league and Shantae :D I suck too much to play hollow knight but im trying to play shovel Knight...

Anyways, Hello Genobros and gals! Been lurking here since we talked about our favorite pie (mines anything rasberry~) decided to FINALLY make an account and I just wanna say I love yall so much, I still can't believe so many people love this special puppet boi it just warms my heart so much. Fun fact I even made a cape in honor of my love for the dude, even wearing it to school every Wednesday.. anywho, yeah love what we´re doing here and hope to make some great memories here from here on out!

{also I had to comment on the cursed page muhaha}

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Did someone say INDIE cause mine is Lethal league and Shantae :D I suck too much to play hollow knight but im trying to play shovel Knight...

Anyways, Hello Genobros and gals! Been lurking here since we talked about our favorite pie (mines anything rasberry~) decided to FINALLY make an account and I just wanna say I love yall so much, I still can't believe so many people love this special puppet boi it just warms my heart so much. Fun fact I even made a cape in honor of my love for the dude, even wearing it to school every Wednesday.. anywho, yeah love what we´re doing here and hope to make some great memories here from here on out!

Man, even if Square never gives Geno what he deserves (because let's be real, I feel Nintendo would, because they listen to their fans, but Square... hoo boy), the fans will always be there to let his potential blossom the way it deserves to.

Welcome! (Also, raspberry? Good taste!)

D

Deleted member

Welcome to the Geno Thread! I kinda did the Same for Geno except I made his little hat and kinda just keep it around out of love for the guy. Anyways though Welcome the the Geno Thread and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom