• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, as far as the Nintendo Direct is concerned, it's entirely possible that will happen next week. Nintendo rarely skips January for Directs for the year

D

Deleted member

What I'm thinking about the direct is that it could be a Smash direct rather than a regular Nintendo Direct.

For instance, we have gotten a Nintendo Direct/special even that reveals one Smash fighter one month, nothing for the next month, a Smash Direct the month after that, and a Nintendo Direct/special even that reveals one Smash fighter the month after that, and the pattern continues.

We got the Smash Direct on November 1st and the VGAs which revealed one fighter. What if we don't get any direct in January, or a direct with a fighter reveal because there will be a Smash Direct in February?

bomamba

Smash Cadet
9. Mike Tyson from Mike Tyson's Punch Out (because I'm that guy)
YES I NEED THIS SO MUCH. Mike Tyson would actually be a really good character tbh. If anyone could fill in the limited shoes of a new Punch-Out rep, it would be Iron Mike. Imagine the hype.

D

Deleted member

What I'm thinking about the direct is that it could be a Smash direct rather than a regular Nintendo Direct.

For instance, we have gotten a Nintendo Direct/special even that reveals one Smash fighter one month, nothing for the next month, a Smash Direct the month after that, and a Nintendo Direct/special even that reveals one Smash fighter the month after that, and the pattern continues.

We got the Smash Direct on November 1st and the VGAs which revealed one fighter. What if we don't get any direct in January, or a direct with a fighter reveal because there will be a Smash Direct in February?
Hmm. It could be structured like Smash 4's final direct where they go over Piranha Plant as a fighter, show off Joker's model and playstyle, and then give us a final reveal trailer.

Personally, I wouldn't get my hopes up. We're expected to have this Fighter Pack finished in early 2020 so there is a lot of time to be waiting, and I expect we'll be waiting a while for the next announcement.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

While I'd looove for there to be a smash-focused direct, that'd be a surprise, i think.

D

Deleted member

YES I NEED THIS SO MUCH. Mike Tyson would actually be a really good character tbh. If anyone could fill in the limited shoes of a new Punch-Out rep, it would be Iron Mike. Imagine the hype.
He would really be the only non-video game character I would be hyped for in Smash because he was the entire point of Punch Out's marketing. Plus it's so cool to just fight and lose against Tyson in his prime.

bomamba

Smash Cadet
Given the expectation of finishing by early 2020, and if every DLC was revealed by February 2020, the remaining characters would be probably be released per 2-3 months. So maybe Brave in February and someone else in May. At least that’s how I would expect the schedule to go.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
That being said, I did mention that Square has gone on record to say that Geno 'is Pinocchio'. It's pretty clear he was inspired at least in part by Pinocchio, and Pinocchio's goal is to become a real boy by becoming, verbatim, 'brave, truthful, and unselfish'. That's just about the closest I can get to 'brave' being related to Geno, and while it is a stretch, it is something that would make more sense internally while stumping the general public, so I can see it as a possibility. It's not a likely possibility, to be sure, but it is one.
Geno was also brave enough to confront Bowyer while being surrounded.

Mario and Mallow didn't have the balls to confront them, only Geno did. Hey, you know what? I think Geno is Bruce Lee.

D

Deleted member

Here's something I've thought about a little bit. If Nintendo were to grant our wishes and bring our favorite star boy in as a playable character, who would you support after? I'd say Doom Gang or Banjo Boys. I do hope we get Banjo over Steve, if not and we somehow don't get in either, I hope we can form sort of alliance with the Banjo Boys. For the most part at least from when I've talked to them, they seem pretty chill.
I too highly support Banjo. BK is my favourite N64 game of all time (imo miles better than Mario 64 but that's just me). Next Smash that does come around in the distant future, I would have to throw my name in the Isaac support train. I just felt awful for his fans when he got announced as an AT and with everyone falling for the Grinch leak (myself included) all was looking bright for him. I never played a Golden Sun game not plan on it but I was convinced he was a shoe in character this time around. I'd go as far to say that he was a lock if you asked me about 6 months ago. Isaac just seems like a cool character and I'd fully support his inclusion.

Last edited by a moderator:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Hoi Geno family. I'm just dropping by cuz I feel compeled to share this awesome remix of the SMRPG soundtrack, a user shared this in another thread and i've been listening to it at least once a day since. If you like metal music (even remotely) and are a fan of SMRPG, you're probably gonna like this:
If you like his remix you can check out the rest of Jonny Atma's channel, he made a lot more (from various video games).

Good times indeed. The level of hype and the unbridled speculation from this period will never be matched imo. After the 'Everyone is here' and the August 8th direct, no dream was too big [insert 'Ridley is too big' joke here] and the expectations for the rest of the roster were through the roof. I'm glad i've joined smashboards in time to see this.
Ughhhh, this medley is beautiful! It brings back so many recent memories (from like the later Smash hype cycle) when Geno was SUPER likely, the Grinch leak was destroying our mental health, and ProJared's SMRPG playthrough. It was such a good time! I'll for sure be listening to more of this!

Also, hi Geno thread, and Smashboards in general! Sorry if anyone has missed me! Leaks have been going slow to what I've read, and I've been playing Smash Ultimate a ton! (I literally just got it though, so duh lol)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay Yeah add 'em why not. But seriously if they double down on Echo fighters next game I wouldn't be surprised if they Added Ninten. It's a Very easy Echo and it finishes up the Protags for all three Mother games. They need to add him tbqh.

D

Deleted member

I'm still fully behind the inclusion of Masked Man from Mother 3. I'd be ecstatic to see Porky or Ninten getting in, no doubt about that but there was just something about Masked Man that I thought would be super cool and would offer something very different in Smash. And of course he was another character I supported in the Brawl days.

I'd just be stoked to see Mother get another rep regardless of who it is.

D

Deleted member

Okay Yeah add 'em why not. But seriously if they double down on Echo fighters next game I wouldn't be surprised if they Added Ninten. It's a Very easy Echo and it finishes up the Protags for all three Mother games. They need to add him tbqh.
I really hope they add him. Him and Geno are the only two I need, and then I can die happy :D

Looma

Smash Journeyman
this is a character that breaks into your house and gets permission from you and your wife to **** her on the kitchen table within 5 minutes of making eye contact and you'd be honored to put it on Snapchat. This is a deceptively fast character despite the balance on the surface.
I KNEW IT

IT IS ARTHUR FROM GHOSTS N GOBLINS

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Power Rangers Battle for the grid, being revealed Jan 22nd. Will be 20$. Will be on Switch, Steam, Ps4, and Xbone. It's very similar to the Power Rangers Legacy Wars mobile game that already exists. There will be a pre-order bonus of the V2 Green Ranger outfit. Enjoy. :)

D

Deleted member

Power Rangers Battle for the grid, being revealed Jan 22nd. Will be 20$. Will be on Switch, Steam, Ps4, and Xbone. It's very similar to the Power Rangers Legacy Wars mobile game that already exists. There will be a pre-order bonus of the V2 Green Ranger outfit. Enjoy. :)
I dunno why but I'm confused

coolcat12347

Smash Journeyman
I’m hoping we see some Hyperforce rep

Doctor Lucky

Smash Cadet
Given the lack of announcement for a Direct tomorrow, is it be safe to assume there won't be one? Or does Nintendo tend to sneak them in without any thunder?

Personally I only learn of them the day of more often than not from other people.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
If anyone was doubting Panda as a legit source of information there you go :^)

D

Deleted member

Is it related to Mighty Morphin'? Or just a Power Rangers thing in general?

D

Deleted member

You know that Drake Meme format? Good.

Drake No: Leaking some Smash bros info or Relevant info to the Geno thread to show that you have Legit info

Drake Yes: Randomly Using a yet to be Revealed Power Rangers game to show that you have Legit info

Edit: Just to clarify I'm not making fun of you PolarPanda I'm, Just finding what you revealed kinda funny with how out of nowhere that was. lmao

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Mike Tyson to be honest is entirely possible. So is James Bond from GoldenEye 64. It's all thanks to that assist trophy Dr. Kawashima! A real life person brought into the realm of video games (Brain Age) and then into Smash. Mike Tyson is another person who was brought into the realm of video games (Punch-Out!!) and then could be added into Smash.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
that was ace :D

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace

You sure you aren't teasing a little secret that involves the Axem Rangers being in a future Mario game? ;)

Last edited:

Xigger

Smash Lord
I have no idea how a leaker can exist while also talking about their job and identity, so kudos to you for making it work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom