• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Geno fan's have been becoming so weak willed lately.
I mean think about it though, cloud and erdrick both got in before Geno who has been riding these boards as one of the most talked about character and yet he still gets shoved to the side. Then on top of that you got people harassing you saying your choice is pointless because he's irrelevant. It's hard times for some of us man, I won't ever give up on the dream, but not everyone is like us. It's tough, and I can't blame them. I just hope we can keep the Genogang strong enough through it all for Sakurai or Nintendo to notice us more. It's selfish, but still, we got some attention with a mii costume and a spirit, we just have to keep the optimistic attitude and support going.

D

Deleted member

I mean think about it though, cloud and erdrick both got in before Geno who has been riding these boards as one of the most talked about character and yet he still gets shoved to the side. Then on top of that you got people harassing you saying your choice is pointless because he's irrelevant. It's hard times for some of us man, I won't ever give up on the dream, but not everyone is like us. It's tough, and I can't blame them. I just hope we can keep the Genogang strong enough through it all for Sakurai or Nintendo to notice us more. It's selfish, but still, we got some attention with a mii costume and a spirit, we just have to keep the optimistic attitude and support going.
I agree with your post, but Erdrick is not confirmed

Last edited by a moderator:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Man, this wait is getting crazy. I both love and hate the feeling of anticipating a new Direct, Smash news or no.

The question is, are we BRAVE enough to face the news? :4pacman:

In the meantime, I'm playing the Bowser's Inside Story remake. This is the first time I've played BIS. The only other Mario and Luigi game I've played is the original Superstar Saga.

I like the Bowser segments. However, I find this game much harder than Mario RPG or any of the Paper Mario games, mainly due to the different battle system. I have no problem telling you all that I need to get gud at this game, as I find the dodging mechanics for the bros difficult, especially when there are attacks that spin around both of them. Like, there's a bug boss somewhat early on in the game that shoots a long web at you, and if you don't jump over it in time, it eats whichever brother and shoots them at the other one. I swear I tried hitting the button in time to jump over the web every single time, but I almost always got eaten. The obvious answer is that I suck, obviously, but I also feel like I have trouble with perspective? I dunno. Geno, help me!
I got the remake yesterday. Despite it being my 2nd favorite in the M&L series, I think the remake is great.
I like how the game is slow-paced, which is good because I get to take more time on it; sometimes the game being slow annoys me, but good thing we have a "sped up" option for cutscenes. I absolutely love the backgrounds on Bowser segments! Bowser's body has more atmospheric backgrounds now. For example: His Flame Pipe area has a more fiery background to match the area. For some reason they removed Broque Monsieur's battle, which I found to be enjoyable because I got to farm coins off of him (I think I know why they removed it, possibly because most of the battle seemed unnecessary after you learn the vacuum ability).

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that they kept the "It is I who added the nuts to that statue" dialogue.

Xigger

Smash Lord
It's true, not everyone needs to be optimistic to a fault. A balance of optimism and realism is pretty nice.

Also we have PolarPanda so all is good

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I've been told clear as day from Fatman multiple times that Polar's source gets the script to the direct about a day before it occurs. I'm not misconstruing information; it's pretty crazy; but it's true.
You'll have to forgive me for having my doubts in you, but given past history, anything short of a direct quote isn't exactly reinvigorating my confidence, especially since we've never gotten a script leak from them before.

Besides, if they were certain of a direct, by your logic, surely they'd have the script already. They don't just magically get it if a direct gets confirmed for tomorrow. Just watch the direct whenever it comes or wait for the aftermath.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
You'll have to forgive me for having my doubts in you, but given past history, anything short of a direct quote isn't exactly reinvigorating my confidence, especially since we've never gotten a script leak from them before.

Besides, if they were certain of a direct, by your logic, surely they'd have the script already. They don't just magically get it if a direct gets confirmed for tomorrow. Just watch the direct whenever it comes or wait for the aftermath.
I mean if you can't trust me; you can always ask them.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Before I potentially waste their time, I'd like to see your proof of your claim first.
Don't bother. I am positive Polar doesn't get the script beforehand. Their source possibly does, or at least gets a rundown, but it doesn't mean that they just share it all straight up. Getting a full script is just a load, honestly.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Don't bother. I am positive Polar doesn't get the script beforehand. Their source possibly does, or at least gets a rundown, but it doesn't mean that they just share it all straight up. Getting a full script is just a load, honestly.
Why would Fatman AND Polar both be lying? Seems a bit slanderous to throw around without providing any motive.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
These are conversations that occur privately between me and Fatman. I wouldn't exactly feel right quoting him without permission; and by that point he'd be here anyways, right?
Then I can't be sure that you aren't misinterpreting him. You have a history of doing so, even with Fatman, especially if the tournament situation with DBZ FighterZ is anything to go off of.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Why would Fatman AND Polar both be lying? Seems a bit slanderous to throw around without providing any motive.
I'm not saying they are. I trust them. However, I do not trust you. As Jovah said, you have a history of misinterpreting things they've said. I have my trust in them, but you are a completely different story.

D

Deleted member

I feel like we might be putting just a little too much faith in this guy that Polar knows. I respect and trust Polar and Fatman immensely for what they have offered to the Geno and Smash fanbase but we don't know this source or seen him post or reveal anything himself. I mean no dissrespect to the guy/gal at all nor am I implying that Polar and Fatman are outright lying but let's just be careful not to put all our eggs in one basket here. Getting BTFO'd is not a fun feeling.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
That's okay! I purposely want you to ask Fatman cause I can often misread things.
Call him yourself. You're the one who seems to want a script to spoil everything, so the burden of proof is once again on you. Unless he has info on Phoenix Wright getting into Smash, I can wait. What I don't approve of, is you trying to stoke flames where there really doesn't need to be a fire.

And I'll bet my avatar he doesn't have info on Phoenix Wright in Smash at that either.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Call him yourself. You're the one who seems to want a script to spoil everything, so the burden of proof is once again on you. Unless he has info on Phoenix Wright getting into Smash, I can wait. What I don't approve of, is you trying to stoke flames where there really doesn't need to be a fire.

And I'll bet my avatar he doesn't have info on Phoenix Wright in Smash at that either.
If I called him and got the information myself; you'd just say I was misreading things. So do you trust me to convey the information accurately or not?

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
If I called him and got the information myself; you'd just say I was misreading things. So do you trust me to convey the information accurately or not?
Wait, you mean call him privately? Thought you meant pinging him here. That makes even less sense. Why would he trust me to such information anyway? And if this was such a secret that he only told you in a PM, why would you tell it to us publicly anyway?

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Wait, you mean call him privately? Thought you meant pinging him here. That makes even less sense. Why would he trust me to such information anyway? And if this was such a secret that he only told you in a PM, why would you tell it to us publicly anyway?
It's not a secret. In fact; I bet you could find him talking about it somewhere in the last hundred or so pages. But yes; I talk to him in PM's. I feel uncomfortable directly quoting the PM without his permission. This is why I think we should ping him here, if you don't trust me.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Polar Panda's source pretty much knows Nintendo Directs word for word within a few days of them coming out and is honestly his strongest ammunition when it comes to inside information. The current speculation is during the first week of January because of how long it's been since a general Direct but we'll see.
Is this good enough, lads?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
How would Polar know the directs are word for word if they aren't shared with him?
Maybe because his source... tells him? Telling him that he knows the Directs word-for-word doesn't mean he flat-out copy-pastes the entire thing to him. Now you're reaching with information that hasn't been clarified.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Maybe because his source... tells him? Telling him that he knows the Directs word-for-word doesn't mean he flat-out copy-pastes the entire thing to him. Now you're reaching with information that hasn't been clarified.
You think Polar just takes his sources word that he has the entire script and feels comfortable saying they are word for word when Polar is one of the most cautious leakers out there? If Polar say's somthing with confidence behind it, I believe him.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Is this good enough, lads?
To suggest Polar, let alone we, are getting a script leak? To quote Squidward: "Not on your life".

There's no gurantee they share everything with him, and "pretty much" doesn't equal absolute certainty. Even then, that's just Polar and not also Fatman who has the sources, as you claimed it was both of them. And even still, there's nothing suggesting that his sources know everything. Either. They've been wrong before or caught off guard, unaware of stuff too. Special mention goes to situations like Joker.

Ironically enough, you lambaste people for putting too much stock in leakers. That's ironically the road you're going down. They aren't infalliable, and we have no reason to expect a script leak. And again, even if they had all the info within days, if the rumored direct had actually come, obviously that info would've been "share-able" quite a while ago. Try again. Or better yet, just let it go.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Simply put; Polar and Fatman are the every men in this situation. They don't make this their career; they are simple fans just like all of us. They wouldn't lie.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Simply put; Polar and Fatman are the every men in this situation. They don't make this their career; they are simple fans just like all of us. They wouldn't lie.
Literally no one is saying they are lying. No one.

Stop taking our distrust in you and shoving that burden onto Polar's and Fatman's hands unfairly. We aren't calling them liars. Stop using them as your scapegoats.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Nobody. Said. They lied.

Good grief man, you're the one we don't trust. If you're confident in your interpretation of what they've said, go ahead and ping them here to clarify. Otherwise, you're just wasting our time.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
To clarify, he says he basically knows everything (or at least the major things) before Directs are shown. As I've talked about in here before, it's a game of telephone. PolarPanda's source has sources of his own that are typically co-workers that outrank him or work in different departments at Nintendo of America.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Then why don't you believe them? If they aren't lying; what reason do you have not to trust them?
We trust them. We do NOT TRUST YOU.

Fatman says one thing, you stretch it. I trust his words, but I do NOT TRUST YOURS.

How difficult is that to ****ing understand.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
As I've talked about in here before, it's a game of telephone.
Ah, therein lies the rub.
PolarPanda's source has sources of his own that are typically co-workers that outrank him or work in different departments at Nintendo of America.
So, basically, it's a long list of a chain. And furthermore, there's no guarantee that it all comes in clearly. It sounds like he'l know all that's told to him, real or otherwise.C
To clarify, he says he basically knows everything (or at least the major things) before Directs are shown.
Curious about the track record. I reckon though, this isn't exactly on the level of some "script leak" like OptimisticStrifer OptimisticStrifer is suggesting. There's room for error too, not that I'd blame you guys for such.

Safe to assume I'll be keeping my avatar, I'm guessing Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ? :p Thanks for the clarification either way.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
From what I've seen PolarPanda's source is impeccable, especially when he gets info from his supervisors. So far he hasn't been wrong about anything he's definitively stood behind. For example, I feel like that's why he was confident yesterday morning but iffy by last night because he got conflicting info or decided everything compiled was too vague to make an unabashed conclusion. Based on what I've seen, his sources don't seem to have incentive to lie to him either and his supervisors seem to respect and care about him enough to not blatantly lie to him (for example, they let him down easy on a particular character way back in August).

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
So far he hasn't been wrong about anything he's definitively stood behind.
Ah, therein lies the rub again. Keen.
I feel like that's why he was confident yesterday morning
But that was just about a direct. Not exactly the contents of it as OptimisticStrifer OptimisticStrifer suggested. Makes sense.
Based on what I've seen, his sources don't seem to have incentive to lie to him either and his supervisors seem to respect and care about him enough to not blatantly lie to him (for example, they let him down easy on a particular character way back in August).
Can't ever be too careful, but very well.
Safe to assume I'll be keeping my avatar, I'm guessing Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ? :p
So, I guess I can take that as a yes then, eh?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think it's not that great to be so looking for one particular character, because think about it, if we expect geno and then he doesnt come, how disappointing it'll be. And same with Erdrick, maybe it's actually good that the height throws doubt about the character, because so many people might be set on it and then get disappointed.

I think it's great to root for a character, but truth is we dont know, and vague hints are still open to interpretation and all that.
I'm not too antsy for a reveal like some people are, cuz we actually have the game now, but now I am pretty darn curious about who it is. Hopefully wont take tooo long :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom