• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
O M G

HOLD ONTO YOUR BUTTS GUYS AND GALS!

Call it a hunch, but did Nintendo's Twitter say anything about a Direct?

Ah, a man of class I see. It was definitely one of the most underrated tracks of Smash 4. Maybe it's not the most battle appropriate theme but it's so chill that I just like listening to it on its own.
Still beats Ring Dong Rang in that regard.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Call it a hunch, but did Nintendo's Twitter say anything about a Direct?

Still beats Ring Dong Rang in that regard.
No and it's been really quiet. Some people are wondering if Nintendo even has enough to present for a full Direct at the moment. While Nintendo rarely misses a January Direct, there's not a whole lot to talk about unless there's a ton of secret games simply not known about. Animal Crossing: San Andreas and Luigi's Mansion 3: Luigi Rents a Carpet Extractor could honestly be saved for E3 and Fire Emblem: the Three Caballeros will probably get its own Direct like in March or April.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
No and it's been really quiet. Some people are wondering if Nintendo even has enough to present for a full Direct at the moment. While Nintendo rarely misses a January Direct, there's not a whole lot to talk about unless there's a ton of secret games simply not known about. Animal Crossing: San Andreas and Luigi's Mansion 3: Luigi Rents a Carpet Extractor could honestly be saved for E3 and Fire Emblem: the Three Caballeros will probably get its own Direct like in March or April.
Some people think it could be a Smash Direct (presumably talking about PP's release date, details on Joker, and revealing the new guy).

In any case, we'll find out in a few hours. They usually update their Twitter and other stuff around 10 o clock, right?

Last edited:

Kektendo

Smash Rookie
Sign me the **** up for the Three Caballeros.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
This entire post made me laugh so damn hard.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
They released the opening for Yoshi Made by Your Grandma yesterday, so they may not have a lot to show at the moment

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Only talks going on at the moment are on Resetera with people claiming a Direct next week with the only big surprise being a new Labo kit announced. Who knows? There's technically enough on the horizon that they could share only minor new details and still fill a 20-25 minute slot, especially if they threw in Indie stuff too.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I don't think they'll announce a new fighter in a January direct. It's better saved for February imo.

D

Deleted member

Only talks going on at the moment are on Resetera with people claiming a Direct next week with the only big surprise being a new Labo kit announced. Who knows? There's technically enough on the horizon that they could share only minor new details and still fill a 20-25 minute slot, especially if they threw in Indie stuff too.
Sounds like a good direct

slopdop

Smash Cadet
Is the stream archived anywhere? I can't find it on Youtube but I would like to see the run if it was saved anywhere.
This should load up to SMRPG. It's kind of a mess to go through with Twitch vods being Twitch vods but they usually don't upload to Youtube until a day or so after just cause of how much they have to go through and stuff.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
only big surprise
By "big surprise", I take it they mean something that's from a new game?
I don't think they'll announce a new fighter in a January direct. It's better saved for February imo.
Depends on their release schedule. Joker's reveal has certainly shown us that speculated "too soon" timing ain't a factor.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
God, you know what I realized would be absolutely amazing?

New Paper Mario that's revisiting what people liked about it (no SS/CS trash)... with Labo capabilities.

Please give this to me now. especially if it brought mallow and geno back please god

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
I knew it.

Phoenix Wright mini attorney stand Labo kit with new PW game for Switch and Phoenix announced for Smash :4pacman:
Y U toy with my heart like dis... :cry:

Anyway, that moment where the crowd cheered for Geno was amazing. Shows that the support is still alive and well.

Now for a moment in which I play "Connecting Dots that Aren't There".
Is Geno the Mario equivalent of Boba Fett?

-Popular despite minor appearances
-Popular with some simply for cosmetic reasons
-Blue
-Uses a gun
-Not from Earth
-Geno is a toy, and Boba Fett has lots of toys, ergo, they are similar!

Kektendo

Smash Rookie
I just wanna but in saying that I have started playing Mario RPG. I haven't gotten far though, mainly because I've just been making Mario sleep over and over.

D

Deleted member

No pls I love our cloud boy
the hardest choices require the strongest will

i just rewatched infinity war last night in theatres and god that movie is so good

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You know, I noticed a lot of people in SMRPG fanon tend to gravitate towards Geno being annoyed with or disliking Mallow, and I just... can't see that being remotely close to the truth. I honestly imagine Geno having a soft spot for him like he does with Gaz, given they're both young beings with innocent wishes. If anything, I'd see Geno rooting for Mallow the whole way through their little journey, incredibly pleased to see him reunited with his family towards the end of it all.

tl;dr: if something happened to mallow geno would kick the culprit's ass and then his own ass

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
The original title was Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Fourteen Stars.

D

Deleted member

God, you know what I realized would be absolutely amazing?

New Paper Mario that's revisiting what people liked about it (no SS/CS trash)... with Labo capabilities.

Please give this to me now. especially if it brought mallow and geno back please god
CS isn't trash

Fight me

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I can't really give an opinion on anything outside SMRPG when it comes to Mario RPGs since I've never played a game in the M&L or Paper Mario series, but I have heard that CS and SS are argued between which one is worse.

I'm not trying to be mean, just pointing out that neither one was all that well received and your opinion on it is personal: you can like games that are 'bad' based on what scale we used to judge games.

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
I can't really give an opinion on anything outside SMRPG when it comes to Mario RPGs since I've never played a game in the M&L or Paper Mario series, but I have heard that CS and SS are argued between which one is worse.

I'm not trying to be mean, just pointing out that neither one was all that well received and your opinion on it is personal: you can like games that are 'bad' based on what scale we used to judge games.
That's funny that you mentioned it. When I was younger, I actually avoided playing the Paper Mario series because it wasn't sequels to Mario RPG (Geno was missing). But I should give the RPGs a chance.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That's funny that you mentioned it. When I was younger, I actually avoided playing the Paper Mario series because it wasn't sequels to Mario RPG (Geno was missing). But I should give the RPGs a chance.
The original Paper Mario was actually going to be called Super Mario RPG 2, but was changed likely because of legal reasons.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom