• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Question: Has Hitagi been right about anything Smash related? If not why should we take their word? Just because Verge seems to think they have a source doesn't mean they're right.

Especially since no one not even Verge for sure knows the DLC, I don't see why I should believe the Katalina person.

D

Deleted member

Question: Has Hitagi been right about anything Smash related? If not why should we take their word? Just because Verge seems to think they have a source doesn't mean they're right.

Especially since no one not even Verge for sure knows the DLC, I don't see why I should believe the Katalina person.
Oh no, Hitagi has been proven to be full of bull**** a while back by a post of ForsakenM ForsakenM 's

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

They would be more credible if their response to criticism wasn't "if you insult me, you're insulting the other guy, you know". I mean, have thicker skin here.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Hitagi hasn’t necessarily ever been right, but they haven’t ever really been wrong either? Thy joined the game really late into it, and have only talked about Katalina, who they were mistaken about, and Steve from Minecraft, who they maintain is in. We have no reason to believe them, but I personally also have no reason to think they’re lying. While we’re on the subject, they said they’re going to release a list of people they “know” aren’t in the game/people who are likely. So thats gonna be interesting

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Oh no, Hitagi has been proven to be full of bull**** a while back by a post of ForsakenM ForsakenM 's
They would be more credible if their response to criticism wasn't "if you insult me, you're insulting the other guy, you know". I mean, have thicker skin here.
Yeah this is sorta what I figured.

Hitagi hasn’t necessarily ever been right, but they haven’t ever really been wrong either? Thy joined the game really late into it, and have only talked about Katalina, who they were mistaken about, and Steve from Minecraft, who they maintain is in. We have no reason to believe them, but I personally also have no reason to think they’re lying. While we’re on the subject, they said they’re going to release a list of people they “know” aren’t in the game/people who are likely. So thats gonna be interesting
Again, I personally don't see any reason to believe anything they say with their current attitude. They seem to get mixed up a lot and don't like to think before posting.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Question: What is the funniest part of any of the Mario RPG’s and why is it Booster Tower/Marrymore? The writing for Booster and the Snifits was top tier silliness. I feel like for as much as people cite timed hit mechanics as what the Mario RPG series owes to SMRPG I’d go as far to say that the style of humor found in the series is also something that got its start in SMRPG.

If you can’t tell I’m having a blast playing this game again.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Question: What is the funniest part of any of the Mario RPG’s and why is it Booster Tower/Marrymore? The writing for Booster and the Snifits was top tier silliness. I feel like for as much as people cite timed hit mechanics as what the Mario RPG series owes to SMRPG I’d go as far to say that the style of humor found in the series is also something that got its start in SMRPG.
Heck, before SMRPG, none of the Mario characters had that much of a personality. I can safely say that at least Bowser's modern personality got it's start here.

D

Deleted member

I just love Super Mario RPG and the Mother series because of their humor, characters with personality, and overall quirkiness. This is why Geno and Ninten would be so amazing in Smash. It would bring back amazing personalities imo

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I just love Super Mario RPG and the Mother series because of their humor, characters with personality, and overall quirkiness. This is why Geno and Ninten would be so amazing in Smash. It would bring back amazing personalities imo
An angry asthmatic but well meaning psychic and a cocky possessed doll with weapon arms.

Sounds good to me.

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
Well it has been awhile since I've been in this forum. Would you guys mind giving me a run down as to what has happened in the past few days (After Joker was announced of course :p)

link2702

Smash Champion
Man I wish we had some sort of new info to go off of. Right now it’s just the same points over and over again...

The waiting from the unknown is the hardest part…

D

Deleted member

****....is there a way to go back to WOL after defeating Galeem? :( Did I miss the chance to get Geno?
No, you can enter back to WoL by walking toward the opened up light area (I don't know how to explain lol), and Geno is the spirit located closest to Galeem, and is on the left of Galeem

AugustusB

Smash Champion
GenoBros and GenoGals, I missed y'all!

I took a week to enjoy Ultimate and I have been having a blast! As I have see n in this thread, a lot of us got to the Geno Spirit.

Gotta say, I actually enjoyed the fight quite a bit. For what they had to work with, you can tell there was thought and care put in to these Spirit Fights.

Another one that stuck out to me was The Boss (Metal Gear Solid 3) Legendary Fight was intense and fun.

That being said, I may not be on here as much as before, but the Geno Support still lives in me as it should in all of us!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well, fought Geno’s Spirit today.

Didn’t like the fight, had to end up cheesing it (I think I did it with Falco and an Ore Club), but I got Geno now! He’s a pretty useful Spirit.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Well, fought Geno’s Spirit today.

Didn’t like the fight, had to end up cheesing it (I think I did it with Falco and an Ore Club), but I got Geno now! He’s a pretty useful Spirit.
"Geno" SD'd in my spirit fight. Now I use him in every battle. Having Mallow as a support spirit is a sweet deal because it allows me to use both at the same time. And man the power bonus he provides is a sweet deal!

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
I'd play Persona 5 if it was on a system I had...
Although I have a PS3 and a PS4, I would rather much play this game on the switch. So, it's nice we have Joker as a DLC fighter but P5 should now start heading to the switch. If not, it's just too weird...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

If you can’t tell I’m having a blast playing this game again.
Nimbus Land is pretty great too from all the townspeople just flat out believing that Dodo was Prince Mallow to the Dodo statue scene to pretty much all the interactions with Valentina and King Nimbus to Queen Nimbus's "you're now old enough to ride the bus" line. We talk about Geno but Mallow's probably the most endearing Mario partner in any Mario RPG aside from Vivian from TTYD. Why is it that those are the only two Mario RPGs aside from Superstar Saga where the side characters are memorable and likable? I could probably fit all the ****s I give about the entirety of secondary characters in Paper Mario and the Mario and Luigi games in a sandwich bag. Stuffwell, Starlo, Dreambert? Literally who cares?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Nimbus Land is pretty great too from all the townspeople just flat out believing that Dodo was Prince Mallow to the Dodo statue scene to pretty much all the interactions with Valentina and King Nimbus to Queen Nimbus's "you're now old enough to ride the bus" line. We talk about Geno but Mallow's probably the most endearing Mario partner in any Mario RPG aside from Vivian from TTYD. Why is it that those are the only two Mario RPGs aside from Superstar Saga where the side characters are memorable and likable? I could probably fit all the ****s I give about the entirety secondary characters in Paper Mario and the Mario and Luigi games in a sandwich bag. Stuffwell, Starlo, Dreambert? Literally who cares?
I understand your point, but I am offeneded by that Starlo comment. I will concede that Stuffwell is one of the most forgettable Mario character's ever though.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Nimbus Land is pretty great too from all the townspeople just flat out believing that Dodo was Prince Mallow to the Dodo statue scene to pretty much all the interactions with Valentina and King Nimbus to Queen Nimbus's "you're now old enough to ride the bus" line. We talk about Geno but Mallow's probably the most endearing Mario partner in any Mario RPG aside from Vivian from TTYD. Why is it that those are the only two Mario RPGs aside from Superstar Saga where the side characters are memorable and likable? I could probably fit all the ****s I give about the entirety secondary characters in Paper Mario and the Mario and Luigi games in a sandwich bag. Stuffwell, Starlo, Dreambert? Literally who cares?
I've always found Starlow terribly boring. Honestly, I could imagine Geno in his original, non-doll form doing a better and more entertaining job at being the star-spangled, helpful ally to Mario and Luigi than they do. He is sassy, clever, and has the potential to show more of a dorky and amusing side along with it all. Along with already being a fan favorite and having great lore potential, I could only see that going over swimmingly, however much it wouldn't be able to happen.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I understand your point, but I am offeneded by that Starlo comment. I will concede that Stuffwell is one of the most forgettable Mario character's ever though.
Stuffwell was awful... I don't remember the exact way they did it but they gave him a weird speech pattern that was like Diet Fawful that was just grating. Wacky speech patterns only work if the character is equally wacky. A talking suitcase is just weird and nobody wants it to exist, let alone be a constant reminder that the previous game was a lot better.

Partners in Time is arguably the most forgettable of all the Mario and Luigi RPGs. Dream Team was okay, Paper Jam was further proof that Paper Mario has become a toxic franchise, and Bowser's Inside Story captured just enough of the original to be good. Partners in Time is a perfectly skippable game.

In other news, Suda 51 pretty much confirmed today that Travis isn't going to be in Smash Ultimate. Sounds like they really want him to be considered for Smash 6 though and are going to go nuts with rereleases for Switch to make it more likely. That said, guess that's a 2 hour presentation you all can skip if you don't care about No More Heroes.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/3248...J1zCehuBmTRoxuIy1Kl8t7_XOCZ_kuw1edb-nTCyTh3D8

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
In other news, Suda 51 pretty much confirmed today that Travis isn't going to be in Smash Ultimate. Sounds like they really want him to be considered for Smash 6 though and are going to go nuts with rereleases for Switch to make it more likely. That said, guess that's a 2 hour presentation you all can skip if you don't care about No More Heroes.
Aw, dang. I was rooting for Travis and his fans, too. I'm so sorry to y'all who wanted him in...

Show your support for him and NMH with your wallets and your passion, though! Go all in with your love!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Stuffwell was awful... I don't remember the exact way they did it but they gave him a weird speech pattern that was like Diet Fawful that was just grating. Wacky speech patterns only work if the character is equally wacky. A talking suitcase is just weird and nobody wants it to exist, let alone be a constant reminder that the previous game was a lot better.

Partners in Time is arguably the most forgettable of all the Mario and Luigi RPGs. Dream Team was okay, Paper Jam was further proof that Paper Mario has become a toxic franchise, and Bowser's Inside Story captured just enough of the original to be good. Partners in Time is a perfectly skippable game.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/3248...J1zCehuBmTRoxuIy1Kl8t7_XOCZ_kuw1edb-nTCyTh3D8
As much as I love NMH this isn’t a huge surprise. The games have popularity but they aren’t huge sales wise like Persona. I hope they keep coming out with new NMH games though and people actually buy them!

domriver

Smash Lord
You know like i have said before you would think this whole process of inclusions of characters would be the opposite way. What i mean is Companies throwing their characters to Nintendo saying my character please??? Instead of Nintendo coming to them. Just a thought I had.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
But that would mean no Geno either.
Yes, unfortunately. All that can be done right now is hope they consider him more of a Mario character than SE one.

Yeah, I figured they'd announce something else next week instead, so good of Suda to rip off that bandage early. I may grab TSA on a whim, regardless.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman

Well, I guess this is good if you didn't want or care about travis. Not sure how hes regarded here, I wasn't huge on NMH myself, but im not surprised by this news. Wonder if we will get anything from the Tales stuff.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, I guess this is good if you didn't want or care about travis. Not sure how hes regarded here, I wasn't huge on NMH myself, but im not surprised by this news. Wonder if we will get anything from the Tales stuff.
A lot of Tales' fans look like that one meme with the guy with the bulging veins in face because the first person speaking during it is the Japanese voice actor for Lloyd and, despite supposedly being really talkative online during Smash 4, has all but clammed up about Smash since Ultimate was announced. If not Smash, I'm hoping for a Symphonia remaster for Switch. It was a really big game in my teens but I haven't felt like dusting off my old GameCube to play it again.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135

Sad, he's my most wanted currently. But I'd buy those ports and that amiibo in a heartbeat if they came to fruition.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
A lot of Tales' fans look like that one meme with the guy with the bulging veins in face because the first person speaking during it is the Japanese voice actor for Lloyd and, despite supposedly being really talkative online during Smash 4, has all but clammed up about Smash since Ultimate was announced. If not Smash, I'm hoping for a Symphonia remaster for Switch. It was a really big game in my teens but I haven't felt like dusting off my old GameCube to play it again.
I've never played or owned a Tales game so I'd be completely down with a remaster.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
yknow, with that sakurai comment on the spirits having their own team, i really feel like the spirits deconfirming argument doesnt work. piranha plant missing couldve just been because he was known at the time of a lot of the spirit deciding stuff (as implied by playtesters alledgedly seeing piranha plant) so him not getting a spirit makes sense, and the missing spirits people are theorizing couldve just been seen as unimportant to the people deciding (and porky being missing couldve just been an absolutely safe capsule joke), or at least thats how i see it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's really weird and inconsistent though. Passing over all paint-related Kirby characters except Elline? Including Advance Wars' Andy, but not Max and Sami? Including the vast majority of retro NES characters as spirits, but no Professor Hector or Mr. Stevenson(when even Urban Champion got a spirit)?

It may be more of an oversight than anything, but since all spirits are essentially jpgs, you'd think they would have time for doing that properly, at least.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Man I wish we had some sort of new info to go off of. Right now it’s just the same points over and over again...

The waiting from the unknown is the hardest part…
I don't like the waiting either. I wish they would just announce all the DLC fellows already so I can be disappointed only once. Of course that is not sound marketing so there is no reason for them to do that.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
****....is there a way to go back to WOL after defeating Galeem? :( Did I miss the chance to get Geno?
Yeah, just go to the center of the
dark world
and then press down to go back to the light world. Also, Geno can show up in the spirit board sometimes.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
It's really weird and inconsistent though. Passing over all paint-related Kirby characters except Elline? Including Advance Wars' Andy, but not Max and Sami? Including the vast majority of retro NES characters as spirits, but no Professor Hector or Mr. Stevenson(when even Urban Champion got a spirit)?

It may be more of an oversight than anything, but since all spirits are essentially jpgs, you'd think they would have time for doing that properly, at least.
That’s why the whole “These 5 characters are missing so they’re OBVIOUSLY DLC” thing was so silly. Some more prominent characters just didn’t get added without any conspiracy behind it probably because of oversight.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That’s why the whole “These 5 characters are missing so they’re OBVIOUSLY DLC” thing was so silly. Some more prominent characters just didn’t get added without any conspiracy behind it probably because of oversight.
So, would they need to be patched in a free update? Because I don't think they'd outright sell spirits.

And Porky's obviously in the Absolutely Safe Capsule, let's not kid ourselves into thinking otherwise.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So, would they need to be patched in a free update? Because I don't think they'd outright sell spirits.

And Porky's obviously in the Absolutely Safe Capsule, let's not kid ourselves into thinking otherwise.
I will take Porky in the ASC to my grave. He's totally in there in my mind because that's just too funny not to be, even if that was never the original intent.

Ahem... that being said, though, if we get more spirits like the return of Porky and the additions of Sylux and Adeleine, it'd definitely be either as promotional spirits like Partner Pikachu / Eevee or it would be in a patch. Porky wouldn't get that because RIP Mother 3 localization hopes, but Sylux spirit for Metroid Prime 4 would make sense. Not really banking on Adeleine, though.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I will take Porky in the ASC to my grave. He's totally in there in my mind because that's just too funny not to be, even if that was never the original intent.

Ahem... that being said, though, if we get more spirits like the return of Porky and the additions of Sylux and Adeleine, it'd definitely be either as promotional spirits like Partner Pikachu / Eevee or it would be in a patch. Porky wouldn't get that because RIP Mother 3 localization hopes, but Sylux spirit for Metroid Prime 4 would make sense. Not really banking on Adeleine, though.
Has anyone done the ASC spirit fight yet? It's not in WoL, so I'm trying to get it to show up on the spirit board. If the fight is something like Lucas with really high defense, it's definitely Porky in there. ESPECIALLY if it plays Porky's theme during the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom