• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Reggie’s quote is literally saying there are newcomers that will be surprising and new to the series. It’s not saying it’s going to be ALL brand new people, or that’s its ALL third party. Technically even though the Geno costume (which isn’t Geno it’s technically a Mii) and the Geno spirit, appear, Geno himself would be a new addition to Smash the series

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
I will say this:

My hopes for Geno in Smash are low and very much tempered, but in terms of him making a return one day, I am actually extremely hopeful. The amount of attention Nintendo has been giving him due to fan demand says a lot, and the fact that Alphadream wants to use Geno and Mallow is also telling.

Another tinfoil hat theory: does anyone else find it odd that we've just been getting ports from Alphadream lately? We got Superstar Saga and now, Bowser's Inside Story. Think of how Zelda was handled. Breath of the Wild was an ambitious game for the fans who really wanted an open world Zelda. It was going to take time to come out, so in the meantime, they filled the gaps with two ports: Twilight Princess HD and Wind Waker HD. Ports, even ports with extra content and redone graphics (like SSS and BiS), don't take nearly as much effort as a full game, so they were made by the same teams to fill the gaps between Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild.

It's just hopeful thinking and without any evidence behind, so please, PLEASE do not take this seriously or get your hopes high. Keep everything realistic. That being said, though... maybe there is a reason for getting two fan favorite, easy ports.

Maybe...

Alphadream wants to make our dreams come true, and it's just taking a while longer than anticipated. It would also explain why Geno's cameo is removed from the SSS port. Why spend the extra money to readd his cameo when we're just getting a remake or pseudo-M&L sequel to Super Mario RPG, anyway? It makes little sense to spend that much money on a port... when they could have better reason to use Geno's (and Mallow's) licenses for something bigger.

(Again, I have to say, PLEASE don't take this seriously or as anything beyond mindless speculation that is an admitted reach.)
Yeah, I've been speculating myself about all this ports from AlphaDream. even Paper Jam has less new contents than other M&L games since most of time is just uses images and models from M&L4 and Sticker Star.
I believe they are making something big or very risky, but while it can be some sort of SMRPG sequel or remake, my guess is that they are just taking time and spending money to expand their team and processes because developing a full HD game for Switch is very different than make a smaller one for 3DS. I mean, even the length of the games (How long does it take to finish the game) are expected to be bigger on consoles.
In fact I have this theory that all the Nintendo studios that have developed for the 3DS are having to adapt themselves to make games for the Switch in a profitable way, with the delay of the Pokémon to 2019 being an example.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm honestly feeling like because there was so much effort put into his spirit, him being a legendary, and him supposedly appearing at the end of the game, AS WELL as him being an online icon... I'm thinking it's more of a "Hold on, he's coming, just be patient" scenario.
He also has three support slots and his max power is 10,000. Resolute Keldeo is the only other legendary with a completely rounded off number (12,000) but it also is an enhanced spirit. A weird amount of effort went into this spirit to make it unique.

Add in: the Absolutely Safe Capsule is 10k but entirely in defense. It can only be accessed by trading or three spirit board though.

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
No clue. I'd say he's fairly likely, but I myself am interested in all these supposed weird happenings myself.

I think Paper Mario has one too but I'm not positive. Side note, Ninten and EVE are the only true Mother 1 spirits with icons which is also odd.
Maybe they thought Ana and Lloid were too similar to Paula and Jeff? But then , why isn't Teddy an icon? Maybe EVE looked like a "funnier" icon , like the absolutely safe capsule.

It's weird you think about it , there is Louie and Charlie , but not Brittany.
Maybe It's nothing , but it seem weird.

Something tell me they would have used Mallow as an icon , if it was everything they could get from SE. But they didn't... And It's not like it take a lot of time to add icons , we got new ones with the Sm4sh DLCs.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Maybe they thought Ana and Lloid were too similar to Paula and Jeff? But then , why isn't Teddy an icon? Maybe EVE looked like a "funnier" icon , like the absolutely safe capsule.

It's weird you think about it , there is Louie and Charlie , but not Brittany.
Maybe It's nothing , but it seem weird.

Something tell me they would have used Mallow as an icon , if it was everything they could get from SE. But they didn't... And It's not like it take a lot of time to add icons , we got new ones with the Sm4sh DLCs.
Nah, I don’t think them being similar is why they’re not. If that were the case Kaptain K Rool wouldn’t have been a player icon, and Ana and Lloyd were actually shown off on the website right after the final Smash Direct. If design similarity were an issue I don’t think Ninty would have an icon heh...Also Hinawa and Ness’s Dad are icons and they’re parents/guardians and that’s what EVE kinda is to Ninten. I dunno I’m still trying to pull my theory together on that.

Also I double checked, the only Mario RPG characters to get player icons are Paper Mario, Paper Bowser, and Geno, so technically he’s the only unique RPG character which in itself is a bit odd.

Something REALLY weird though is Pyra having an icon but not Rex. That fact alone makes me sorta suspicious on the icons.

He also has three support slots and his max power is 10,000. Resolute Keldeo is the only other legendary with a completely rounded off number (12,000) but it also is an enhanced spirit. A weird amount of effort went into this spirit to make it unique.
10,000 is one number higher than 9999... HMMMM. Heh just joking. Jeez I need to do more reasearch on him, Mallow and the EB spirits. They all have a ton of effort put into them it seems.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
So in other news i caved in and bought Persona 5 since it was on sale and it's totally not because Joker is in

If none of you hear from me for the next 50+ hours, you know why already

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
what's happening with Banjo?
The dev team are posting a lot of things that would suggest there is a project being worked on. Naturally; people have pointed out Banjo connections in said videos and have even been acknowledged by the team themselves.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When someone says climax all I think about is is Kamen rider.

...joker too, actually

Edit: apparently I'm 2 pages behind

Last edited:

HMpoweredMan

Smash Cadet
Now that I think about it... Geno is the only icon from a Mario RPG.

No Fawful , no Paper Mario , no princess shroob , no Dimentio... Despise all of them having Spirits.(I may be wrong tho)

I know It's because of Geno for Smash , but if they could make evil Dr. Kawashima an icon , why not one other Mario RPG character? I Hope they add more in the future.
Because the other Mario RPGs don't matter.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
So in other news i caved in and bought Persona 5 since it was on sale and it's totally not because Joker is in

as someone who cannot play it because someone is an asshat and won't let it get ported anywhere, its a fantastic game. enjoy it.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Also, according to Verge, my theory was right. He assumed the SE rep was first because it was decided on “a while ago” and his source knew about that character for certain.

Hitagi lowkey corroborates that claim when talking about prototyping characters and just because Sakurai said they hadn’t started work on DLC doesn’t mean there weren’t already plans. He also says he hears of another rep, a sword user, but allegedly it’s a Nintendo rep? He didn’t confirm or deny which party but I’m kind of assuming it’s Lloyd since he’s been hearing a Tales rep and it’s been speculated a Tales rep is coming and Polar hinted at something similar here. Plus Lloyd got the costume last time so if it’s Lloyd that’s probably good for Geno

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Y’know, everytime I begin to lose hope in Geno, I always come back to this thread and read through some of the posts. And almost instantly, my faith is restored once again. I don’t know how or why I care this deeply about a video game character, but thank god I have you guys alongside me to keep me grounded.

With that somber note out of the way, I have a serious question that you probably all are sick to death of hearing: is Geno being a spirit battle in World of Light a chance at deconfirming him? I’ll be honest with you, it doesn’t in my eyes since DLC characters probably won’t be playable in World of Light, so it’s not like him being a fighter would interfere with his spirit battle.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
Also, according to Verge, my theory was right. He assumed the SE rep was first because it was decided on “a while ago” and his source knew about that character for certain.

Hitagi lowkey corroborates that claim when talking about prototyping characters and just because Sakurai said they hadn’t started work on DLC doesn’t mean there weren’t already plans. He also says he hears of another rep, a sword user, but allegedly it’s a Nintendo rep? He didn’t confirm or deny which party but I’m kind of assuming it’s Lloyd since he’s been hearing a Tales rep and it’s been speculated a Tales rep is coming and Polar hinted at something similar here. Plus Lloyd got the costume last time so if it’s Lloyd that’s probably good for Geno
here did you get this info from?

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
I just went back and looked at some of my posts during Pre-Brawl Character Predictions. It's funny to see how many of them came true. I can post screencaps if people want.

Geno was in that list. Damnit, I need him to be in this game.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Y’know, everytime I begin to lose hope in Geno, I always come back to this thread and read through some of the posts. And almost instantly, my faith is restored once again. I don’t know how or why I care this deeply about a video game character, but thank god I have you guys alongside me to keep me grounded.

With that somber note out of the way, I have a serious question that you probably all are sick to death of hearing: is Geno being a spirit battle in World of Light a chance at deconfirming him? I’ll be honest with you, it doesn’t in my eyes since DLC characters probably won’t be playable in World of Light, so it’s not like him being a fighter would interfere with his spirit battle.
There’s a possibility, only because of the sheer amount of work put into his Spirit Battle. However it’s been mentioned here several times that the Spirit section may have been a different team, as well as characters who are fighters showing up in different forms in Spirit Mode (aka Paper Mario, Mario Tennis). I think if people are taking the one instance Geno is a spirit as deconfirmation evidence, it is only fair for us to take, for example Mario Tennis being featured in WoL as evidence that that could be wrong.
here did you get this info from?
His GameFAQs responses, specifically the quote in this post: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77276339/913922437

And Hitagi’s reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Senjougahara__Hitagi/comments?sort=new

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
i think that there is one series we are not taking into considerartion. if its not geno i dont think it ill be DQ or FF. bravely default could easily come out of no where and take the dlc slot which scares me

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I just went back and looked at some of my posts during Pre-Brawl Character Predictions. It's funny to see how many of them came true. I can post screencaps if people want.

Geno was in that list. Damnit, I need him to be in this game.
Dude, I'd love to see some of those lists! :D

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

I mean if a non-SE character is who he’s referring to as the sword user rather than the SE character that’s incredibly good for Geno’s chances because no one else on the SE list uses a gun (unless it’s Slime lol). But that rubs contrary to what Vergeben was implying about Geno being leakb8

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

It's a very slim chance, if it even exists at all. We have plenty of Spirits that are just alternate forms of already playable characters, and even if you actually want to argue that Kaptain K. Rool and Super Sonic aren't the same as King K. Rool and Sonic respectively (lol), there are several Spirits that are just straight-up the same character that's already playable in the roster, most notably Pit (Classic) and Pikachu (Let's Go). In those cases, you can't even say they're different forms of said characters (even though that makes literally no difference as it is, in fact, the same character either way, but I digress), it's just different art of the exact same character that's already playable. No reason they can't do the same thing for Geno, or for any character who's currently a Spirit.

Last edited:

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice

It's hard to say. If it DOES deconfirm, then obviously that's the end of it. We'll most likely get his mii costume as DLC later on, presumably attached to whatever SE rep they do give us. Heck, we might even get a few SMRPG tracks if we're lucky.

If it DOESN'T deconfirm, then him being a spirit might be the best evidence that he's actually coming. Think about it...At that point Geno would have all the legal drama taken out of the equation, because they've already got the rights to use him in the game. Given how hard-nosed SE seems to be, that's a huge leg-up. Add to that the fact that he's been by far the longest-requested SE rep (and perhaps the most wanted in Smash specifically), then it seems like his chances would have never been better. Oh, and let's not forget he's the only SE character that's also a Nintendo character too, so obviously there's more long-term value for Nintendo to revive/invest in one of their own.

But we don't have any hard evidence one way or another. I'm personally of the mind that they don't deconfirm, because it would preclude so many potential characters from ever being DLC in this game. I still think that the spirit list was finalized well before the DLC list was, and it'd be really strange if Nintendo limited themselves to the tune of 1,200+ characters. This is especially true if wave 2 is still potentially in the cards. My general rule of thumb with fanmade rules is that Nintendo and Sakurai don't play by them if they don't want to.

But honestly, it's a toss-up.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
It's hard to say. If it DOES deconfirm, then obviously that's the end of it. We'll most likely get his mii costume as DLC later on, presumably attached to whatever SE rep they do give us. Heck, we might even get a few SMRPG tracks if we're lucky.

If it DOESN'T deconfirm, then him being a spirit might be the best evidence that he's actually coming. Think about it...At that point Geno would have all the legal drama taken out of the equation, because they've already got the rights to use him in the game. Given how hard-nosed SE seems to be, that's a huge leg-up. Add to that the fact that he's been by far the longest-requested SE rep (and perhaps the most wanted in Smash specifically), then it seems like his chances would have never been better. Oh, and let's not forget he's the only SE character that's also a Nintendo character too, so obviously there's more long-term value for Nintendo to revive/invest in one of their own.

But we don't have any hard evidence one way or another. I'm personally of the mind that they don't deconfirm, because it would preclude so many potential characters from ever being DLC in this game. I still think that the spirit list was finalized well before the DLC list was, and it'd be really strange if Nintendo limited themselves to the tune of 1,200+ characters. This is especially true if wave 2 is still potentially in the cards. My general rule of thumb with fanmade rules is that Nintendo and Sakurai don't play by them if they don't want to.

But honestly, it's a toss-up.
If this is the case, it would also prove the “original game” Spirit form and “Smash” Spirit form theories

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
So I've yet to play the game, (Still waiting for that to come in the mail and I don't get my Switch till Christmas) so I have a question: How late does Geno appear in WOL? I'm trying to find out where Ninten is too but that's a separete endeavor. I hear legends appear near bosses but I'm not positive.

Not having the game really makes research difficult.

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
Hey Guys. Was about to post about it but saw you guys talking about the Geno spirit in World Of Light. I know people were saying "spirits don't de-confirm" but I'm kinda worried.

So I've yet to play the game, (Still waiting for that to come in the mail and I don't get my Switch till Christmas) so I have a question: How late does Geno appear in WOL? I'm trying to find out where Ninten is too but that's a separete endeavor. I hear legends appear near bosses but I'm not positive.

Not having the game really makes research difficult.
Geno appears in the space segment of the map, it depends how early you get to it tho after the ice mountain area

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You know, my hopes for Geno are still pretty strong, but my expectations are painfully low to the point that I feel he's definitely not making it, and... it kind of just saddens me. Ultimate is such a beautiful game and I love what we've gotten with base, even in all of its flaws, and for me personally, only Geno and Banjo (the latter of which, in my mind, is a never ever) could ever make it that much better. Granted, that's not including Shadow, but since he's an AT again, that's kinda moot point now.

We don't even have the Mii costume. The Mii costume was awesome in 4, and we don't even have that. I was literally thinking before datamines, "Okay, if we don't get Geno, I'm perfectly content with his Mii costume + spirit since that's a pretty close facsimile anyway," and we don't even have that. It's so damn depressing, honestly? Mostly because there are people who have been longer fans of Geno and kind of had their chances stripped away from them. Apart from Cloud and maybe Sora, he's likely the highest voted Square Enix rep (in my eyes, not necessarily factually as I obviously don't know the ballot results)... and yet, I still feel like his chances are brutally dashed.

Just, god, just give me the freaking Mii costume lmao. That's all I REALLY want at this point since I have it in my mind that there's no way he'll make it with all of the competition he has, the massive (undeserved) hatedom that exists, and everything just pushing against him. It's so... so frustrating. We at least had a somewhat playable 'Geno' of sorts in the last game. We don't even have that now.

D

Deleted member

I think if Geno was deconfirmed via spirit, he would have an assist trophy as well, and some music tracks. Yoko Shimmomura is composing for Ultimate, she owns the tracks (I think), and they were able to use Beware the Forest's Mushrooms when announcing the Mii costume in Smash 4. Considering how requested Geno is and that Sakurai wants to make him a character and knows he gets many requests, I am sure he would have included him as an assist, since he still has the rights to him, and some SMRPG tracks, since they can use them. Mallow is a spirit as well, meaning they negotiated for more SMRPG content than just Geno, yet no music tracks when they were able to use them before?

This is incredibly suspicious

Last edited by a moderator:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I think if Geno was deconfirmed via spirit, he would have an assist trophy as well, and some music tracks. Yoko Shimmomura is composing for Ultimate, she owns the tracks (I think), and they were able to use Beware the Forest's Mushrooms when announcing the Mii costume in Smash 4. Considering how requested Geno is and that Sakurai wants to make him a character and knows he gets many requests, I am sure he would have included him as an assist, since he still has the rights to him, and some SMRPG tracks, since they can use them. Mallow is a spirit as well, meaning they negotiated for more SMRPG content than just Geno, yet no music tracks when they were able to use them before?

This is incredibly suspicious
I agree. It seems the common "consolation prize" is either Mii costume, or assist trophy. Not Spirits though. Spirits are just stickers with more substance to unlocking them :3

D

Deleted member

I agree. It seems the common "consolation prize" is either Mii costume, or assist trophy. Not Spirits though. Spirits are just stickers with more substance to unlocking them :3
Even if he was a Mii costume, I really think Sakurai would include him as an assist as well, since he has the rights to him. For Isaac, he is a Mii costume, a spirit, an assist trophy, and has music tracks from GS, despite Sakurai and Nintendo not being aware of how popular he really is. Sakurai is definitely aware of Geno's popularity and even wants him in the game himself, and I am sure Nintendo is aware of Geno's popularity. It's possible his Mii costume is just paid DLC again, but why no assist or music tracks in the base game? I'm pretty sure Yoko Shimmomura owns the music, so it isn't a matter of SE wanting money out of the music. It's driving me crazy lol

Might not mean anything, but Isaac's spirit is an ace. For it to be legend, it has to be enhanced, to his Dark Dawn form. Geno is a legendary spirit and isn't enhanced

Add in: Spring Man and Skull Kid each have a Mii costume, are an assist trophy, and a spirit. This just makes the absence of a Geno assist trophy and SMRPG music tracks a lot more questionable

Another add in: Even Vince has a Mii costume, is an assist, and is a spirit. For Geno - Mii costume: No Mii costume, possible SE wants it back as paid DLC. Assist trophy: No assist trophy. Music tracks: No music tracks. Spirit: check.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
There’s a possibility, only because of the sheer amount of work put into his Spirit Battle. However it’s been mentioned here several times that the Spirit section may have been a different team, as well as characters who are fighters showing up in different forms in Spirit Mode (aka Paper Mario, Mario Tennis). I think if people are taking the one instance Geno is a spirit as deconfirmation evidence, it is only fair for us to take, for example Mario Tennis being featured in WoL as evidence that that could be wrong.

His GameFAQs responses, specifically the quote in this post: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77276339/913922437

And Hitagi’s reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Senjougahara__Hitagi/comments?sort=new
What's this about Spirits being made by a separate team?
I am quite curious now.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
At this point I wish any game journalist would just straight up ask Sakurai or anyone else at Nintendo if spirits deconfirm characters as far as DLC goes or if there’s a chance they could still show up. It would definitive settle plenty of internet arguments at least and allow certain fan groups to just have that answer in mind when discussing their respective characters.

The funniest thing I’ve seen though is people saying spirits deconfirm because Reggie said DLC characters would be “new to Smash” but then push Porky, Lloyd, and Sylux as possibilities even though they’ve also technically been in Smash in some form before. And I say this as someone who thinks Lloyd is one of the DLC characters due to the insider info we’ve gotten.

Also I’m still wondering why so many people saying Geno is leakb8 never brought up him being a spirit. I wonder if him being a spirit is why people were saying definitively that his is leakb8. But if that’s the case you’d think someone would have just said that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was thinking, if Nintendo or Sakurai said "spirits do not deconfirm," then that would definitely confirm that some characters who are spirits will be DLC. I think if spirits couldn't be DLC fighters, it would have been said by now. Sakurai could have said in the November direct "there will be 5 DLC characters, and these characters are not spirits," or in any of the articles it could have been said. There were so many times where either Nintendo or Sakurai could have said "the DLC characters are not spirits in the base game." I will genuinely be surprised if none of the 5 DLC characters are spirits

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I was thinking, if Nintendo or Sakurai said "spirits do not deconfirm," then that would definitely confirm that some characters who are spirits will be DLC. I think if spirits couldn't be DLC fighters, it would have been said by now. Sakurai could have said in the November direct "there will be 5 DLC characters, and these characters are not spirits," or in any of the articles it could have been said. There were so many times where either Nintendo or Sakurai could have said "the DLC characters are not spirits in the base game." I will genuinely be surprised if none of the 5 DLC characters are spirits
Exactly. Like if they wanted to make that point clear to everyone they’ve had plenty of opportunities to say so.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yup. Like I said in a few threads before, you don't show your hand right at the start of the card game, it's counterintuitive.

The DLC choices won't be as unexpected if we knew any Spirit disqualified a character's chances.

At this point I wish any game journalist would just straight up ask Sakurai or anyone else at Nintendo if spirits deconfirm characters as far as DLC goes or if there’s a chance they could still show up. It would definitive settle plenty of internet arguments at least and allow certain fan groups to just have that answer in mind when discussing their respective characters.

The funniest thing I’ve seen though is people saying spirits deconfirm because Reggie said DLC characters would be “new to Smash” but then push Porky, Lloyd, and Sylux as possibilities even though they’ve also technically been in Smash in some form before. And I say this as someone who thinks Lloyd is one of the DLC characters due to the insider info we’ve gotten.
One thing for sure is, Reggie might have to brush up on his PR vocabular again, because it's the most convoluted way of saying "newcomers" that I have ever seen.

At least one can say that cases like Adeleine have indeed never been in Smash at all, not even as a sticker, but whether that factors into anything at all is still as ambiguous.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

You’re in for a treat then, it’s a fantastic game and the OST is really good too. :grin:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Also I’m still wondering why so many people saying Geno is leakb8 never brought up him being a spirit. I wonder if him being a spirit is why people were saying definitively that his is leakb8. But if that’s the case you’d think someone would have just said that.
People are sheeple man. We just have to be above the cognitive dissonance is all.

This. This right here is a good point. Outright saying something like that could very well be a hint, and we know Sakurai is the grand secret master and wants to surprise everyone.

I’m personally thinking at least two spirit characters (probably legendaries) are gonna be dlc.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Even if he was a Mii costume, I really think Sakurai would include him as an assist as well, since he has the rights to him. For Isaac, he is a Mii costume, a spirit, an assist trophy, and has music tracks from GS, despite Sakurai and Nintendo not being aware of how popular he really is. Sakurai is definitely aware of Geno's popularity and even wants him in the game himself, and I am sure Nintendo is aware of Geno's popularity. It's possible his Mii costume is just paid DLC again, but why no assist or music tracks in the base game? I'm pretty sure Yoko Shimmomura owns the music, so it isn't a matter of SE wanting money out of the music. It's driving me crazy lol

Might not mean anything, but Isaac's spirit is an ace. For it to be legend, it has to be enhanced, to his Dark Dawn form. Geno is a legendary spirit and isn't enhanced
That's a good point. If Isaac, a character whose popularity Nintendo reportedly wasn't even aware of, got that much representing his series, but Geno, a character who we know for a fact that Sakurai knows is very popular, only got a Spirit along with Mallow... hmm. Something doesn't add up there.
...damn it, I'm getting my hopes up again. I really should stick to playing Smash instead of talking about it :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom