• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I know what you mean. I try to focus on the areas where I have control: Vote on the ballot, purchase the Mii Costume, get a little noisy now and then when Nintendo's listening. Other than that, I'm not in the board rooms where decisions are made. I don't have control over which characters make it in or become DLC. So, I try not to worry about the outcome too much until it's revealed -- even though I really want a playable Geno.

Edit: Congrats on 500 pages!!!!
I don't want a playable Geno

I need a playable Geno

MattX20

Smash Hero
Wow, I was gone all day and you guys crossed the 500 page mark. Congratulations once again on a major milestone. Did anything major get discussed today or revealed?

D

Deleted member

Wow, I was gone all day and you guys crossed the 500 page mark. Congratulations once again on a major milestone. Did anything major get discussed today or revealed?
Someone on GameFaqs claimed they had knowledge of what would be shown at the VGAs

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I know what you mean. I try to focus on the areas where I have control: Vote on the ballot, purchase the Mii Costume, get a little noisy now and then when Nintendo's listening. Other than that, I'm not in the board rooms where decisions are made. I don't have control over which characters make it in or become DLC. So, I try not to worry about the outcome too much until it's revealed -- even though I really want a playable Geno.
Well, if we're going off the Mii costume as support for Geno... Whoops on my end (I really ****ing hate Mii costumes lol)

As for me, my stance at this point is basically what it was for base game. He's currently got the best shot he's ever had. There shouldn't be any real problems with asking for him if Nintendo and Sakurai go that route. Sakurai has made a point to recognize fan requests this game and has even acknowledged Geno as a fan requested character that he is personally interested in.

Whether that's enough to make him a priority over other characters or Nintendo want to approach Square with that mind set is still completely up in the air. But he's got the best chance we've ever seen for him to be playable. This might be the best shot he ever gets, and for those reasons, I'm going to hold hope in my heart for Geno. He's not out of the running yet unless Spirits become a death nail for some reason, and that's enough for me.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
500!!!
It's amazing how much Geno's popularity has risen. A beloved party member from a single game on the snes may be DLC, and I couldn't be happier! Let's keep pushing for our boy!

D

Deleted member

Well, if we're going off the Mii costume as support for Geno... Whoops on my end (I really ****ing hate Mii costumes lol)

As for me, my stance at this point is basically what it was for base game. He's currently got the best shot he's ever had. There shouldn't be any real problems with asking for him if Nintendo and Sakurai go that route. Sakurai has made a point to recognize fan requests this game and has even acknowledged Geno as a fan requested character that he is personally interested in.

Whether that's enough to make him a priority over other characters or Nintendo want to approach Square with that mind set is still completely up in the air. But he's got the best chance we've ever seen for him to be playable. This might be the best shot he ever gets, and for those reasons, I'm going to hold hope in my heart for Geno. He's not out of the running yet unless Spirits become a death nail for some reason, and that's enough for me.
Whether he is playable or not, they included him, and that is what matters the most :)

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
0C66CCA8-D89D-47A8-B2CB-954A201B3AAA.jpeg

Congrats on 500 guys. We have passed the brawl thread and let’s keep up our spirit until the very end! Geno still has his chance! (Also Isaac too cause I’m not giving up on him!!)

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hey 500 pages! That is quite a milestone, GenoBros and GenoGals! I am happy to be in this support thread and decided to make an account months ago.

Last edited:

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
Ultimate is a hot mess. There's all the good stuff; obviously, but then there's a lot of... questionable choices too. (No new snake codecs, the stuff with chrom not even being removed from robin's final smash, the way they handled assists). Sometimes it feels like they were a bit.... lazy? I dunno; maybe that's not the right word. But really; I even liked Isabelle. But the only good thing out of that last direct was WOL; honestly.
Yeah. I mean I think for a lot of people, it wasn't who the last two characters were, but all the characters that were killed like Issac. At least from what I've seen.

There really is some questionable things too like you said. With Chrom, I've been guessing it was just a last minute echo where they took the final Smash model from Robin last minute. That's why Robin's final smash isn't changed. I get why, but it's still weird they didn't replace him with someone else.

With the codec, didn't the Japanese voice actor for Campbell die? That's probably why. I'm happy the codec are back, but it's funny that Snake still thinks he's in Brawl lol

I agree though, there is definitely some things that could be touched up besides these, but overall I'd still say it's a great package

Edit: congrats on 500!

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I've been summoned X)
Well that's why I say it's Slime, the one that's been mentioned once.
Err.. I wouldn't ask what makes DQ so special X) Nightmare or not, it's not even in Sakurai's concern. Nintendo's taking care of that this time. I's a bait, that's my guess why they're paired. So here's in short what I think (sorry if this goes against your wishes buddy ;) )
- My first thoughts were that Sakurai won't abandon his fans, so he'd go Geno. Him saying it's a Nintendo decision is either a hint that it's a No or he's just trolling as usual. As for spirits, I'm 50-50 on that. so who knows.. a mere couple of days to end this anyways.
- I think Neku's TWEWY is the next SE contender.
- Next is a DQ rep and it's most likely Slime.
- Sora and Sephiroth, not this time.
Lol I have been summoned, my immediate thought was summoning jutsu GoeGoe GoeGoe .

Its hard to say what will happen when Square is involved. Had Geno been in the hands of another company, I don't think it would be this hard to see what will happen. Or this hard to pin point who the rep is.

If Verg proves false I can see Neku as a possibility, as I still think it makes sense both Square and Bandai Namco will get two reps, just like all the others. Lol Slime, we've already talk about that enough to know where we each stand on that. Thanks for answering the summoning good buddy.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Glad I did not miss this milestone! It has not even been half a week since we hit the Brawl page count!

D

Deleted member

Who knows, we may even hit 700 pages if Geno isn't confirmed tomorrow

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
My goodness, 500 pages. Isn't that more than the original Brawl thread?

Nice going, Genobros; keep it up. Maybe if we post enough we'll trigger a quantum phase transition and make our timeline the best timeline where Geno makes it to the roster.

D

Deleted member

My goodness, 500 pages. Isn't that more than the original Brawl thread?

Nice going, Genobros; keep it up. Maybe if we post enough we'll trigger a quantum phase transition and make our timeline the best timeline where Geno makes it to the roster.
Brawl thread was 441 :)

AugustusB

Smash Champion
500 Great job Geno thread!

I love that picture! Glad you have been here not only giving good criticism, but learning and adapting as well while being respectful.

Still waiting on Noctis and Geno drinking tea. Lol

EDIT: Apparently I am Post 20.000!? What an honor!

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Am I post #20,000?
Oh sweet I am!

Congrats on reaching 500 pages and the big 20k Genobros!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom