• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Pardon me for being dumb, but...

What is a private event in regards to Nintendo? This is the first I've heard of this, like I get it's an exclusive event, but like for context do we have example of what previous private events were?

Just trying to get around the hype but my lack of brain cells is hurting me.
There often just an investors meeting held in private. The last time we got one it was just a showcase of Disney Magical World 2 for the 3DS, so I wouldn't recommend getting your hopes too high up.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Pardon me for being dumb, but...

What is a private event in regards to Nintendo? This is the first I've heard of this, like I get it's an exclusive event, but like for context do we have example of what previous private events were?

Just trying to get around the hype but my lack of brain cells is hurting me.
Well, they're private, so we have no way of knowing. Maybe Nintendo execs meet up in there to have secret meetings about world domination...?

Lol. Really though, I assume you'd have to have attended to know. Might be worth asking inside the store if anyone lives near there, to get some sense of context.

Edit: ninja'd. I guess we do know, lol.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I know next to nothing about Geno, but I still feel like giving my support for the character, since he seems pretty cool rad nice and so do all his fans. So Geno has my support.

yeah go geno woo
Then I’d recommend playing Super Mario RPG to know his story, it’s a really great game for the SNES, but can be played on: SNES through the original cartridge (some copies are expensive, especially CIB), Wii Virtual Console if you have a Wii, Wii U Virtual Console If you have a Wii U, the SNES Classic If you were able to pick one up, and there’s always emulation if you wanna take that route. :grin:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I’m in the same boat of wanting him in Smash since the Melee and Brawl days, now is a really good time for his chance to make it into the game.
I already have my two most wanted from Melee and Brawl... as Assist Trophies... :crying:
if we can play bowser we should be able to play bowser jr

make it happen nintendo
Bowser Jr. was my third-most wanted in Brawl, so I was ecstatic to see him in Smash 4. Still no sign of Bomberman or Krystal, and Bowser Jr. was nothing like how I expected him, but at least I finally got a bone! (Plus, the Inklings in Ultimate fill the same niche I was hoping to see Bowser Jr. fill in Brawl — namely that they debuff opponents in a colorful substance to weaken their opponents and make defeating them easier, and can cover terrain in that same substance to debuff anyone except themselves who stands on that terrain. So I'm really not salty at all about Bowser Jr. having a completely different character concept.)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually like the way Bowser Jr came out. Bowser Jr was my least wanted character because I didn't like the whole magic paintbrush moveset his fans wanted. It was either that or a Bowser clone but Nintendo made a huge turn and found something fun. Not to mention being able to play as the koopalings. I still don't like Shadow Mario as his final smash though

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I actually like the way Bowser Jr came out. Bowser Jr was my least wanted character because I didn't like the whole magic paintbrush moveset his fans wanted. It was either that or a Bowser clone but Nintendo made a huge turn and found something fun. Not to mention being able to play as the koopalings. I still don't like Shadow Mario as his final smash though
I agree, having the Koopalings as Bowser Jr.’s alts and them being playable is definitely a plus when it comes to his character. :grin:

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
15389428931744958469154833727922.jpg

So I'm finally there. ( After almost a month, i don't have that much time to play lately)

Let's see what kind of Movesetpotential he has.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
You know, I just had a thought. We have discussed before the possibility of a SMRPG sequel and what it could bring, and I have been pondering it for a while. A SMRPG series could easily differentiate itself from the other Mario RPG's by being a more traditional Square RPG, with manageable parties and 3 people on the field, that sort of thing. The thing that always interested me was what party members they could have for a sequel, both original and familiar, and watching the Super Mario Party intro really got those gears turning again. I would really love to see the likes of Kamek, Rosalina and Wario as potential party members. Who would you guys want?
Well you gotta have Bowser back. That was one of the most exciting parts about SMRPG as a kid, having Bowser on your side for once. I'd like to be able to recruit Yoshi and see what he could do. Throw in some original characters.

If it wasn't for the fact that Paper Mario characers live in a story book and are literally made out of paper being canon as of Paper Jam, I would have loved to see a small selection of Paper Mario partners have a chance at being in a new game, re-imagined in 3D. But as of this new paper jam development, I don't foresee that happening. A real shame. A Mario, Geno, Gombella party would be an absolute dream team for me.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well you gotta have Bowser back. That was one of the most exciting parts about SMRPG as a kid, having Bowser on your side for once. I'd like to be able to recruit Yoshi and see what he could do. Throw in some original characters.

If it wasn't for the fact that Paper Mario characers live in a story book and are literally made out of paper being canon as of Paper Jam, I would have loved to see a small selection of Paper Mario partners have a chance at being in a new game, re-imagined in 3D. But as of this new paper jam development, I don't foresee that happening. A real shame. A Mario, Geno, Gombella party would be an absolute dream team for me.
Yeah, it's kinda sad that we likly wont get other Mario characters that originated from the RPG's, but I can live with it. Also, does anyone get the feeling that a sequel would only have Mario and Geno come back as playable characters? Mario would stay because it is called Super Mario RPG for a reason, and if Geno is in Smash, they would want him in for that recognizably with the franchise. Aside from those 2, I feel like Square is gonna want new characters to work with, be it for originality, not to try to feel to samey to the first game, etc.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

If Mario characters have paper versions, it's not impossible the paper characters have versions that exist in the real mushroom kingdom

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I don't want to throw any shade or bring any negativity towards the Sora community, but in my opinion I believe that Geno has better chances. But they'd both be great to see in Smash.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I agree, having the Koopalings as Bowser Jr.’s alts and them being playable is definitely a plus when it comes to his character. :grin:
You guys brought up your own opinions on Bowser Jr.’s paintbrush and you didn’t even bother to quote me?!?

But, to be real, I seriously want to see Bowser Jr. use the paintbrush again, and I'm glad that his Final Smash calls back to Super Mario Sunshine.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Super Mario Sunshine is the only Mario game I haven't played. I skipped video games for almost the entire GameCube generation. I only had melee and that was it

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, if there's a direct this week then we've got two and a half hours to wait at minimum. Why? Because it'll be 9am in Japan in two and a half hours. From then, the wait begins.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Not sure if this is a little bold of a claim but in my opinion Geno is a lock. As everyone knows, Sakurai wants him, Nintendo and Square are on super good terms, almost every leak has Geno in it (and Vergeben even mentions a new SE character). Everything about Smash Ultimate is just shouting Geno, and it'd be fitting for one of the most requested characters to join in the Ultimate game like K. Rool and Ridley.
I don't think that's too bold at all tbh. Call me cocky; but Geno is the only character in the speculation scene with Sakurai backing.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Getting married in less than an hour and I just wanted to pop in and say the Geno support threads have always been like a home away from home online and I appreciate that. Thanks for being here throughout the years and hopefully we can bring Geno home soon.
Apologies for being late, but congratulations man! That’s awesome to hear!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was in the hospital for the past 48 hours. Any post I did was between sleeping there.

I had a horrible anaphylactic reaction

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I was in the hospital for the past 48 hours. Any post I did was between sleeping there.

I had a horrible anaphylactic reaction
Aww, that must've been horrible. D: Hope you're feeling alright now though (or better than before). Geno in Smash thoughts are for sure a cure for anything.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Same on pretty much every point. He was actually one of my competitive secondaries. Along with Villager, the Koopalings were characters I supported a long time ago but gave up on because everyone said they were impossible. Aside from Geno and Mario, Iggy's my favorite Mario character so I was really happy when they made all the Koopalings possible.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Same on pretty much every point. He was actually one of my competitive secondaries. Along with Villager, the Koopalings were characters I supported a long time ago but gave up on because everyone said they were impossible. Aside from Geno and Mario, Iggy's my favorite Mario character so I was really happy when they made all the Koopalings possible.
For me it was always Lemmy. He looks all crazy and I always liked how you get Hammer Suits from his world

His boss battle was also different with those balls he tosses around. He's never really been difficult though

ThatIsFalco

Smash Rookie
And they had one of the best character trailers in Smash 4

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry to hear that hope you feel better. Hope all is well.

Geno any news this week would be good, we'll see.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Really clamouring for an announcement of a reveal or a direct or something, it’s been awhile since Isabelle was announced now

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/434278926/smash-leak-with-proof

Thought I would put this up

And here’s the scary part

It got the next blog character correct it is indeed wii fit trainer

That is exciting but.... Are there any holidays in japan right now or any events that make guessing Wii Fit Trainer not all that hard? Sometimes the blog does things like that. (Think the Moon Assist trophy)

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Sorry to randomly tag you in a thread... but I was thinking you'd be the best person to ask my above question. =)

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/434278926/smash-leak-with-proof

Thought I would put this up

And here’s the scary part

It got the next blog character correct it is indeed wii fit trainer
Which means one of three things:
1) It's real. We got 'im!
2) This was the luckiest guess in the world.
Or 3, as my partner pointed out when I told him) They had enough inside info to know WFT was gonna be posted on the blog but doesn't have the clearance level to know anything else and is guessing the rest.

I doubt it's 2. 3 isn't impossible, and they could have inaccurate information either way. But this feels like it's possibly legit. And the "double reveal" people have talked about could easily be Incineroar and Zeraora. The next Direct could give us info on Pokemon Let's Go and show us a bit about Meltan, then end with that double Smash reveal.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it's lucky. But any leak with Geno on it still feels good.

I just can't wait to see him on the blog for real. Or watch his trailer live in a direct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom