• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBone06

Smash Ace
just a few hypotheticals for everyone in the chance today is not Geno's day.

- Incineroar gets in, implying Verg is creditable and we can expect to see another SE rep, which is most lilely Geno

- Skull Kid gets in, meaning loz has creditability, and theyve said Geno is in(granted loz has said quite a few contradictory things)

- Isaac is in, Geno's chances go up being the last standing highly requested Smash character since Brawl, also pretty much ensuring we wont see any SE JRPG rep as Isaac already represents it in a way any popular nominee from DQ, CT, or FF could bring to the table.

- Shantae, Waddle Dee, Banjo-Kazooie get announced, it shrinks the top ranking spots of most likely to get in, upping the chances Geno's inclusion.

im thinking Geno is going to be saved for the first reveal of the next Smash Directso Sakurai cma in detail speak about him ala Simon, but would be happy of today was his day.
This is a very mature and optimistic way of looking at this. I like this a lot. Excellent views on the whole thing.

Someone just posted this on the Discussion thread, it's from https://twitter.com/archdanmiiverse?lang=en

lol :chuckle:
Oh I like this a lot too. I've seen so many great pieces of art regarding Geno lately. It's so cool.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Who do ya'll think they'll reveal today? Geno is a "show him late and with another character" reveal IMO, so I think we'll see the Skull Kid or Pokemon Rep (probably Inceniroar). I think Isaac may get his chance but not this time, and I think the only character I want whose chances are lower than Geno's would have to be Banjo-Kazooie, who would absolutely be the final reveal. My dream list, really.

link2702

Smash Champion
Here’s something that would probably make all of us rage today...

Nintendo Direct happens but nothing really mentioned about smash and it’s all saved for a smash dedicated direct at the end of month...

TBone06

Smash Ace
Who do ya'll think they'll reveal today? Geno is a "show him late and with another character" reveal IMO, so I think we'll see the Skull Kid or Pokemon Rep (probably Inceniroar). I think Isaac may get his chance but not this time, and I think the only character I want whose chances are lower than Geno's would have to be Banjo-Kazooie, who would absolutely be the final reveal. My dream list, really.
I think Skull Kid is the safe choice. The only reason I’m reluctant to believe the “Save Geno for last” theory is I thought K. Rool would be revealed last. Ridley, K. Rool or Simon all would have been good choices for that. So while I believe Geno won’t be announced today, I think it’s more based on the fact that we’ve seen a lot of evidence for Skull Kid’s inclusion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
just a few hypotheticals for everyone in the chance today is not Geno's day.

- Incineroar gets in, implying Verg is creditable and we can expect to see another SE rep, which is most lilely Geno

- Skull Kid gets in, meaning loz has creditability, and theyve said Geno is in(granted loz has said quite a few contradictory things)

- Isaac is in, Geno's chances go up being the last standing highly requested Smash character since Brawl, also pretty much ensuring we wont see any SE JRPG rep as Isaac already represents it in a way any popular nominee from DQ, CT, or FF could bring to the table.

- Shantae, Waddle Dee, Banjo-Kazooie get announced, it shrinks the top ranking spots of most likely to get in, upping the chances Geno's inclusion.

im thinking Geno is going to be saved for the first reveal of the next Smash Directso Sakurai cma in detail speak about him ala Simon, but would be happy of today was his day.
I don't think loz actually said Geno is in

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Here’s something that would probably make all of us rage today...

Nintendo Direct happens but nothing really mentioned about smash and it’s all saved for a smash dedicated direct at the end of month...
This is possible, but highly unlikely considering the missing blog posts. Pretty much all sources are saying some Smash content is guaranteed.

That said, I certainly will be miffed if it doesn't happen, lol.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
If there's no Smash Info revealed it won't, I will entertain myself by reading the rage fueled tweets and Gamefaqs posts of middle schoolers across the world, sipping on my coffee, knowing Smash is still being released December 7th with an awesome cast.

If a character gets revealed, great!

If it's Geno I'm doing a victory lap around the office and building an altar to the Star Road.

FCZHornet

Smash Apprentice
I am also a working / married man, if and when we get Geno I’m gonna have a lot of explaining to do about where all this childlike excitement is coming from.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Whether Geno is show today or not, he is coming. Thankfully, this is the first direct I will get to see with friends on the same couch. The planets and star road are aligned my friends!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Personally I don't think Geno will be revealed. Base-wise he'll probably be saved for last as a surprise but I'm still hoping out to all of you that wants him that he at the chance does get revealed today never the less. :)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Keep your heads high guys! Who knows what this Direct will bring? Even if it's not Geno, we have PLENTY of time for him to get revealed. As always, just be happy for those who get their characters!

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I don't think loz actually said Geno is in
Yeah, it was some impostor on Gaia Online, of all places, who said that, and their syntax and grammar was wayyy different from what loz18 would type up.
I, personally, don't think an obscure fan request like Geno will be revealed during a general Direct, but we're also for sure getting SE content in this Direct, so we'll see.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If Geno is not the last character reveal, it has to be Banjo-Kazooie. The earlier we see Geno, the better for Banjo-Kazooie.

I'm here from the Shantae thread and I wish you guys luck.

Last edited:

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
I'm feeling really good about today. Hopefully he gets revealed.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Best of luck to Geno this Direct. Ready to whirl.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last minute good luck before the presentation. I'm at work right now

TBone06

Smash Ace
Good luck y’all! I’m on the edge of my seat.

One last quick thought, if FF is getting revealed, it gives Square an in, which makes a Geno reveal relevant. But that was just my last thing!

link2702

Smash Champion
all that ff info has me a nervous wreck, I feel like he has a real shot now!

annnnnnd...isabelle is in smash.....

Last edited:

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Isabelle kinda helps our chances-- Vebergen mentioned her (looks like a semi-echo? No idea what you'd call that) in his leak, add in all the Final Fantasy stuff at the end and iunless his mystery Square rep is indeed from FF (which would be such a waste [unless it's Mog]) I think our boi has a shot.

EDIT: Seems like she falls under the "clone" umbrella instead of being an Echo Fighter. I'd wager she started as an Echo and Sakurai decided to take it a little bit futher.

Last edited:

slopdop

Smash Cadet
Very cool. Also with that Square Enix stuff it caught me off guard, but it's gotta be next time!

link2702

Smash Champion
Well grats to isabelle fans at least....

Sorry to all the isaac fans and us, looks like we're still waiting.

EDIT: but yeah all the FF stuff does likely make Geno a lock now(i really really hope.....)

I'm just a little bummed atm because it felt like it was leading up straight to it. All that FF news almost made my heart skip a beat because i thought "OMG....they're gonna do it! They're gonna show Geno!"

annnnd then we get isabelle.

Last edited:

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
That was a good direct! New Luigi's mansion, sweet online Info, and more! Even tho it was Isabelle of all characters, we still got something for smash, and we should be grateful. This does increase the chances that our boy Geno will be revealed last, so let's not give up hope!

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
okay I wasn't really asking for isabelle. but seeing her in action I kind of love it. she's adorable!!!!

also I think it's impossible to deny Vergeben's legitimacy at this point. and he did say "another square rep" which HAS to be Geno!

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Oh, and don't forget that Isabelle was also a costume and is now playable. GENO TIME! 86 more days!

Klimax

Smash Ace
Not a fan of Animal Crossing, so I don't really care about Isabelle's inclusion. Still a good thing for a fan.
But to be honest, I'm disappointed. :laugh:

domriver

Smash Lord
Well grats to isabelle fans at least....

Sorry to all the isaac fans and us, looks like we're still waiting.

EDIT: but yeah all the FF stuff does likely make Geno a lock now(i really really hope.....)

I'm just a little bummed atm because it felt like it was leading up straight to it. All that FF news almost made my heart skip a beat because i thought "OMG....they're gonna do it! They're gonna show Geno!"

annnnd then we get isabelle.
I know all this SQUARE content i thought it was leading up to the Geno's reveal. But Isabelle. Im neutral with her. I thought she was an Echo but nope full out newcomer.

I figured she'd get in but I thought she'd be an echo for sure. I wish I could say I was excited.
Im with ya.

Geno Mario RPG

Smash Rookie
The direct felt refreshing after the disappointment I had with the E3 Direct. A new Luigi's Mansion 3, More Yoshi's Crafted World news and oh boy, Isabelle got into Smash.
While not the most high demand newcomer, its good to see a new Animal Crossing rep, and hey, it's not an echo of Villager, that's something that rarely anyone predicted.
Overall it was a decent direct.

I smell a Smash Direct in November

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Let's hope we can trust to Geno being the new square rep. Though all these final fantasy games coming to switch have me worried. Let us hope that samurai will not forsake us.

domriver

Smash Lord
The direct felt refreshing after the disappointment I had with the E3 Direct. A new Luigi's Mansion 3, More Yoshi's Crafted World news and oh boy, Isabelle got into Smash.
While not the most high demand newcomer, its good to see a new Animal Crossing rep, and hey, it's not an echo of Villager, that's something that rarely anyone predicted.
Overall it was a decent direct.

I smell a Smash Direct in November
Im thinking October.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
I believe Sakurai approached Square FOR Geno and walked away with Cloud. He's asked before, and knowing Sakurai made Geno a costume for 4 and knowing this was the ULTIMATE game, I'm sure he approached Square again; or maybe sealed it the first time he got Cloud, possibly anticipating to make Geno DLC before knowing a new Smash was coming out and deciding to save him for that.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
MAAAN I was getting all worked up with them ending it off with so much FF content... BUT ALAS.

Oh well! Still plenty of time! Not to mention, this does once again fall under Verge's leaks, who did also say there's another Square character.
Stars continue to align, guys!

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Just wanted to say...now that Isabelle is in. At least we have more validation on Vergeben's leaks. Remember he said Square will get another character. So today we got a little victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom