• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Regarding the Mario eating watermelon picture, while I am in the "this means nothing but it totally could and I'm only saying it doesn't to keep my expectations in check" camp, what's interesting to note is that if they were to announce a new mainline Mario in an upcoming direct, Sunshine, Odyssey, or otherwise, it would line up exactly with the release of Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Super Mario Galaxy is released Fall 2007. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is announced mid 2009. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is released Spring 2010.
Super Mario Odyssey is released Fall 2017. New Mario game is announced mid 2019. New Mario game is released Spring 2020.

Which would work especially well if it's related to Super Mario Sunshine because it would be released right near the beginning of Summer 2020.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Regarding the Mario eating watermelon picture, while I am in the "this means nothing but it totally could and I'm only saying it doesn't to keep my expectations in check" camp, what's interesting to note is that if they were to announce a new mainline Mario in an upcoming direct, Sunshine, Odyssey, or otherwise, it would line up exactly with the release of Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Super Mario Galaxy is released Fall 2007. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is announced mid 2009. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is released Spring 2010.
Super Mario Odyssey is released Fall 2017. New Mario game is announced mid 2019. New Mario game is released Spring 2020.

Which would work especially well if it's related to Super Mario Sunshine because it would be released right near the beginning of Summer 2020.
Jesus, no need to take up so much room in this thread with your big brain. :ultpacman:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Other than Mario, Bowser, and Peach, which Smash Fighter do you think Geno would get along with the most.

Hardmode: Can not be Rosalina or any other Mario fighter
Like the others said, Kirby, Mega Man and ROB, maybe Fox to an extent since he is from the stars.

I can personally see one character Geno would not get along with...my boy, Sonic. I mean, Geno would give Sonic some advice, but Sonic would not listen and recklessly goes off to do something, only to fail, with Geno responding by saying, "God dang it, Sonic!".

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
You know what you be cool for the potential Isle Delfino DLC? Being able to go to each part of the island without warping to to it. I believe that might be impossible, but I feel technology has come a long way to make it possible for many part of Isle Delfino into be interconnected.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
So, I had a dream earlier while I was napping. Nintendo announced Phoenix Wright as a prank but the slot opened to reveal Mega Man, then Risky Boots, then Phoenix kicks the stand down and screams Objection. Gameplay happened before Boom Boom was revealed as a playable character. After that (I was panicking), they stated that because of Piranha Plant, they were adding Metroid, Waddle Dee, Like Like, and two other enemy characters. They never mentioned if Boom Boom was a Fighter Pass character or not. I woke up with cold sweats.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So, I had a dream earlier while I was napping. Nintendo announced Phoenix Wright as a prank but the slot opened to reveal Mega Man, then Risky Boots, then Phoenix kicks the stand down and screams Objection. Gameplay happened before Boom Boom was revealed as a playable character. After that (I was panicking), they stated that because of Piranha Plant, they were adding Metroid, Waddle Dee, Like Like, and two other enemy characters. They never mentioned if Boom Boom was a Fighter Pass character or not. I woke up with cold sweats.
I for one hope another Mega Man to join the roster, he's been long overdue. :ultmegaman:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I can personally see one character Geno would not get along with...my boy, Sonic. I mean, Geno would give Sonic some advice, but Sonic would not listen and recklessly goes off to do something, only to fail, with Geno responding by saying, "God dang it, Sonic!".
Funny enough, I thought the opposite. I feel like Sonic and Geno would get along incredibly well. They both have a solid sense of good in their hearts, and to top it off, they're both filled with that 90's 'tude. I could see them winning a team match and celebrating with a round of sodas and classic junk food. I'm talking Bagel Bites and Kero Kero Colas to go along with them chili dogs, baybee!

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
To be fair Atlus IS hearing fans’ demand to bring P5(R) to other platforms like PC, Xbox One and especially Switch. Power shouldn’t be an issue if the Switch can run friggin’ Witcher 3 either.

now if you’ll excuse me I’ll be in the corner crying for a Persona 4 Golden PC/PS4/XBOne/Switch port cause I refuse to buy a dead portable system for $200 just for one or two games at this time
Especially that p5 was designed for the ps3 in mind, it can be ported to switch. Joker still doesn’t feel right in smash, his actually game has to come to the switch to feel right about his inclusion in smash. Even I felt weird about Cloud, but now that his game is finally on Nintendo, I’m totally ok with it

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Funny enough, I thought the opposite. I feel like Sonic and Geno would get along incredibly well. They both have a solid sense of good in their hearts, and to top it off, they're both filled with that 90's 'tude. I could see them winning a team match and celebrating with a round of sodas and classic junk food. I'm talking Bagel Bites and Kero Kero Colas to go along with them chili dogs, baybee!
I see what you mean, then. Still, Sonic not taking Geno’s advice and then failing, much to Geno’s annoyance would be funny, at least to me.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I see what you mean, then. Still, Sonic not taking Geno’s advice and then failing, much to Geni’s annoyance would be funny, at least to me.
Oh, DEFINITELY. Geno being the straight man of the two while Sonic gets into some crazy shenanigans... Not gonna lie, that is some primo sitcom material.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
My only concern with Geno in Smash is the fact that I like the character but I hate characters that have playstyles similar to what his is often imagined to be.

Mainly because characters like Incineroar and Little Mac stand no chance against projectile users at all.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh, DEFINITELY. Geno being the straight man of the two while Sonic gets into some crazy shenanigans... Not gonna lie, that is some primo sitcom material.
If Sonic could, he would just run off while Geno is making a plan while saying “Let’s do this! Leeroooooy...Jenkiiins!”. Before that, Sonic could be sleeping while Geno is planning.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I personally really like the idea of Geno and Cloud being friends. Both being characters who look like serious badasses, but are actually huge dorks once you get to know them

Kirby's also a given. Not just for the relationship to stars, but because all the heroes are legally required to be friends with Kirby, and for good reason

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Who would Geno dislike the most, since I forgot to mention that part too. I feel as though the immediate and obvious answer is Ganondorf but for laughs, let's say Piranha Plant...for obvious reasons.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Who would Geno dislike the most, since I forgot to mention that part too. I feel as though the immediate and obvious answer is Ganondorf but for laughs, let's say Piranha Plant...for obvious reasons.
How about Charizard and Incineroar? Geno's possessed body is made of wood, and he would hate to get it repaired after one of the two burn it, intentionally or accidentally.

D

Deleted member

Galeem, because Geno wants to destroy him for believing he would keep him down by turning the doll into a spirit

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, the one he would probably dislike the most, at least at first, would be King Dedede, due to the highly unfortunate resemblance to Smithy with that ridiculously large mallet he's always swinging around.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Especially that p5 was designed for the ps3 in mind, it can be ported to switch. Joker still doesn’t feel right in smash, his actually game has to come to the switch to feel right about his inclusion in smash. Even I felt weird about Cloud, but now that his game is finally on Nintendo, I’m totally ok with it
There's likely some sort of exclusivity agreement since all the mainline Persona entries have been exclusive to the Playstation brand since Persona 3 debuted (Hell, even before that, but that also marks the start of modern "Persona" with all the spin-offs so to speak). I don't see the issue with not having Persona 5 directly on Switch when we have Persona Q2 on 3DS that focuses heavily on Joker and we'll have Persona 5 Scramble down the line. Plus, the whole "character appearing on a Nintendo console" has always been a courtesy and, for me personally, I don't care if big third parties have been on Nintendo or not. Bring them on, especially when someone like Master Chief doesn't have any official appearances outside of Minecraft on Nintendo platforms, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to not consider someone like him just because the mainline Halo games haven't been on Nintendo.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Honestly, the one he would probably dislike the most, at least at first, would be King Dedede, due to the highly unfortunate resemblance to Smithy with that ridiculously large mallet he's always swinging around.
With that, I'd bet he wouldn't get along with Santa Claus as well, since both Smithy and King Dedede kinda look like Santa himself.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I interrupt this Geno talk with this Geno talk:

I just unlocked Geno's spirit by summoning him.

Now back to Geno talk.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
[Palutena's Guidance on Geno]
Pit: Who is that, Lady Palutena?
Palutena: That's ❤♪!?, but that's hard to say, so you can call him Geno.
Pit: He looks kind of like a child's toy.
Palutena: Don't let his child-like appearance fool you, Pit. He's actually a star controlling a doll he first came in contact with when Mario and his friends needed help against the Smithy Gang.
Pit: This is the first I've heard about this. I wonder if he has a name on his shoe...
Palutena: Focus, Pit. He's armed to the wood with guns and projectiles that you can counter but be wary of his disc, the Geno Whirl. If he lands it correctly, it can deal massive damage, so be sure to shield or counter against it.
Pit: I won't let you down, Lady Palutena!

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So I really wanted to talk about how stupid it is to want Hero banned and about ridiculous some people are being about the recent tragedy in the Smash community, but screw it let's be positive!

[Palutena's Guidance on Geno]
Pit: Who is that, Lady Palutena?
Palutena: That's ❤♪!?, but that's hard to say, so you can call him Geno.
Pit: He looks kind of like a child's toy.
Palutena: Don't let his child-like appearance fool you, Pit. He's actually a star controlling a doll he first came in contact with when Mario and his friends needed help against the Smithy Gang.
Pit: This is the first I've heard about this. I wonder if he has a name on his shoe...
Palutena: Focus, Pit. He's armed to the wood with guns and projectiles that you can counter but be wary of his disc, the Geno Whirl. If he lands it correctly, it can deal massive damage, so be sure to shield or counter against it.
Pit: I won't let you down, Lady Palutena!
I swear to god, if Geno gets in and has Gaz's name on the bottom of his foot...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So I really wanted to talk about how stupid it is to want Hero banned and about ridiculous some people are being about the recent tragedy in the Smash community, but screw it let's be positive!

I swear to god, if Geno gets in and has Gaz's name on the bottom of his foot...
Recent tragedy? What might that be?

Bob-Omber

Smash Cadet
In the corner drinking a frosty with a straw
Game and watch because of the bucket and geno using mostly if not only projectiles

Battle:

Geno: *breathing heavily with a very tired/frusterated face*

Game & Watch: *uses bucket every five seconds*

Geno: COME ON ALREADY *rushes in out of frustration and prepares to use geno whirl*

Game & Watch: *oils Geno and destroys his last stock*

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Game and watch because of the bucket and geno using mostly if not only projectiles

Battle:

Geno: *breathing heavily with a very tired/frusterated face*

Game & Watch: *uses bucket every five seconds*

Geno: COME ON ALREADY *rushes in out of frustration and prepares to use geno whirl*

Game & Watch: *oils Geno and destroys his last stock*
As someone who uses Game and Watch often, I can say that that is very accurate against Mega Man.

Mr Game and Watch: Destroying Projectile Users with Facts and Oil Buckets

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I'm with you that local wize, I don't Hero should be banned. But international he should due to language barrier with his list of spells at down B
The only way that this issue could be solved is there were a giant board showing all of Hero's spells in different languages but that wouldn't work.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
The only way that this issue could be solved is there were a giant board showing all of Hero's spells in different languages but that wouldn't work.
Alternatively, show little animations in the upper left or right of Hero as he scrolls through the options, depending on the direction he's facing. Gives a little preview visible to him, of course, but to other players as well who can't read the text. This would convey what attack is currently selected without the need of relying solely on the text box.

And then Hocus Pocus would just look like a dang mario kart item roulette because of this. :ultduckhunt:

Of course, the task of making this a thing probably isn't that easy (I am no programmer after all), and lord knows it may not 100% solve the problem, but I feel like out of any suggestion, adding imagery would help with visual conveyance, if nothing else.

BerBer456

Smash Rookie
That discussion going on with who geno would hate has me needing to mention this. Anybody remember that old YouTube video where it was geno masked man Ridley and mega man all together disappointed they didn’t get in brawl? From what I remember they all teamed up to kill R.O.B cause they were angry he got in and they didn’t. So honestly I think geno would hate R.O.B the most for taking his slot. Heck he even blew up Japan in that video and then mega man told him they didn’t ship the game worldwide yet. XD

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I'm with you that local wize, I don't Hero should be banned. But international he should due to language barrier with his list of spells at down B

My guess he talks about this https://youtu.be/bBZMAqH4S4w
Thank you for linking me that video. I was mostly up-to-date with the situation (I knew people were mixing up two different girls) but I didn't know the girl came back a faker. Really makes all those Twitter users look even more stupid than they already did.

Also, I think Hero's 'dilemma' is easy: if you play Hero at a tournament, you have to use the local language. If are a Japanese Hero player and you come to SmashCon or EVO or APEX or another US tournament, you have to use English. If an American player goes to EVOJapan or another Japanese tournament, they have to use Japanese.

Either that or, since English is rather wide-spread, we could go 'big boy Murica' and make it to where it's English everywhere.

Depends on what seems to be most fair.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Man, that is all so messed up. Geez, I can’t understand why all this drama ended up happening.
Probably gonna get a lot of flak for this much like I did last time I posted a socio-political opinion, but welcome to modern day. We live in an age where the likes and shares we get on social media are more important than the people in our daily lives. Kneejerk reaction jumping for some 'internet brownie points' is a huge deal and everyone wants to fix every problem without any idea on how to get it done.

Sometimes, simpler really is simply better.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Also, I think Hero's 'dilemma' is easy: if you play Hero at a tournament, you have to use the local language. If are a Japanese Hero player and you come to SmashCon or EVO or APEX or another US tournament, you have to use English. If an American player goes to EVOJapan or another Japanese tournament, they have to use Japanese.
Seems like an incredibly nonchalant way of handling the situation. Tournament advisers or whatever they call them go through great lengths to listen to complaints and controversial topics within the community to apply strict bans on stages and rule sets to ensure that everyone is on an even playing field. Especially in Japan.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Yo, I've been at Gamescom this Saturday wearing my Geno cosplay and some dude yelled "GENO FOR SMASH" at me while passing by.
And they say Europeans don't care for him. :v)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom