• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Has anyone considered the possibility that the Geno costume gets shown off in Hero's release trailer SPECIFICALLY to throw us off the scent?

Like, if Sakurai and co. KNOW that we're all looking to the return/update of Geno's Mii Costume as an indicator of Geno's inclusion, maybe they intentionally include an updated Geno costume with Hero in order to make us think he's out of the running, only to surprise us down the line?
One thing to keep in mind is that when Sakurai teases the audience, he only does it on the short term, he never plays the long game like most people think he does.

Both times a costume or analogue was used to troll the viewers, the reveal happened immediately afterwards. :ultkrool::ultbanjokazooie: Also, let's not forget how at one point, he started a Smash presentation by going "Super Smash Bros is about Nintendo characters fighting each other. THE END. (Just kidding.)".

So I sincerely doubt that a costume trick would be pulled unless a hypothetical Hero EVO date reveal also had an unveiling for Geno included, or there's no costume shown at all until months later on.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
One thing to keep in mind is that when Sakurai teases the audience, he only does it on the short term, he never plays the long game like most people think he does.

Both times a costume or analogue was used to troll the viewers, the reveal happened immediately afterwards. :ultkrool::ultbanjokazooie: Also, let's not forget how at one point, he started a Smash presentation by going "Super Smash Bros is about Nintendo characters fighting each other. THE END. (Just kidding.)".

So I sincerely doubt that a costume trick would be pulled unless a hypothetical Hero EVO date reveal also had an unveiling for Geno included.
Yeah, Sakurai's never pulled a long con like that. If it's the costume without alterations, I'd be keeping my diminishing hopes to future DLC, because a ported costume would tell me that Geno was not planned to be playable for the Fighter's Pass. If it had alterations, it'd tell me that they don't plan on making him playable in Ultimate at all, giving an upgraded costume as the most they can do.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone considered the possibility that the Geno costume gets shown off in Hero's release trailer SPECIFICALLY to throw us off the scent?

Like, if Sakurai and co. KNOW that we're all looking to the return/update of Geno's Mii Costume as an indicator of Geno's inclusion, maybe they intentionally include an updated Geno costume with Hero in order to make us think he's out of the running, only to surprise us down the line?
We've considered it but do I think it's going to happen? Until I see proof Sakurai has done something along these lines then no I do not.

We always make Sakurai out to be this massive troll and huge jokester but when push comes to shove he doesn't do this kind of stuff or at the very least for Paid DLC. Sakurai always reveals something almost immediately after saying that thing isn't going to happen like Shiek and ZSS in Smash 4 he said they weren't getting in and yet immediately afterwards he went "lol sike", With K. Rool and Banjo the joke was apart of their reveal trailer and so on so forth.

Sakurai has never done something like this so until he does I say this will not happen, if we get the Mii Costume back it's more than likely game over.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
For some reason that I truly cannot comprehend it seems as though people still believe that the starling is historically associated with imperialistic conquest of territory despite the only reference to this coming from a spirituality website established in the 2010s.

But I'll bite.
Let's look at this closer, shall we? Let's truly examine the human ability to find patterns where none exist to make this work better for our boy Geno.

Consider this section from the ridiculous new-age website trying to appropriate native american spiritualism for clicks:

On the negative side, starlings are like sparrows (even worse) in that they can be nasty little Nazi storm troopers invading neighboring territories and seizing “Lebensraum” (living space) from peaceful native inhabitants.
My, that is shocking. Starlings are little storm troopers invading neighbouring territories and seizing living space?

1563922389515.png

My God, the parallels! Here we see the vicious King Koopa himself, the tyrant Bowser rallying his troops in the lands belonging to the Mushroom Kingdom-in-exile. His storm troopers stand ready to mow down all those who would stand before the desires of their King. His motives hitherto unknown to us. Does he plan on reclaiming his throne, or does he seek a living arrangement in this plucky kingdom, seeing conquest as a far simpler opportunity?

Not seeing it? Oh just you wait, the parallels add up even further. As we've already established that Bowser is a starling with the same level of confidence that we can assign to Edelgard (which is to say, very little at all), we can delve deeper. Perhaps Bowser isn't starling, but is instead a hint towards his true identity. Where does the starling sit? On a roof, of course. The bird stands defiantly atop a residence to which he has no right, and his wanton disregard to the inappropriateness of his situation can point to only one conclusion.

You see, the roof is of the utmost importance to this image. It's not a reference to "Three Houses" or "Bird House," because it is a reference to something more iconic. Something we've all seen a thousand times.

1563922866803.png

That's right, Exor. Here he stands on the roof of Bowser's castle, a symbol of the Smithy gang. His, and by extension their goal? To rule the world.

What could be a more appropriate parallel to a storm trooper than weapons begotten with life? A truly unsympathetic foe,

This clearly means that the leaker was trying to tell us that Bowser's Castle was going to be a stage in Smash Ultimate, featuring Exor in the background.

Or maybe, more realistically, it's a picture of a starling and it means Geno. Because the diminutive form of a star would be starling. That's what Geno is.

So could we please stop pretending the starling has anything to do with Edelgard or Fire Emblem? I've just demonstrated you could write on length about the parallels to literally any character with little difficulty.

Last edited:

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Okay so I just want all of your opinions on this with the given evidence we have for both sides of the argument when do you think Hero will release, Before or after EVO? Personally I feel like it'll be after EVO or during it. I just have that gut feeling that's telling me Hero isn't coming until after EVO wraps up with all the evidence we've been going over I think it's starting to look more likely around then and if he doesn't come out this week then I definitely think that's the case.

What about you all when do you think we'll get Hero before or after EVO?
Before, i'm calling it...

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
No offence to fans of the series, but the thought of an 8th FE rep in the pass while both the DK and Kirby series remain at 3 bugs me. I also think it's a pessimistic unlikely prediction.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
No offence to fans of the series, but the thought of an 8th FE rep in the pass while both the DK and Kirby series remain at 3 bugs me. I also think it's a pessimistic unlikely prediction.
I think Kirby guys need to settle on one character that they want and push him really hard. Japan wants Magalor and the west wants Bandanna Dee, and I seriously doubt we'd get both

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
For some reason that I truly cannot comprehend it seems as though people still believe that the starling is historically associated with imperialistic conquest of territory despite the only reference to this coming from a spirituality website established in the 2010s.

But I'll bite.

Let's look at this closer, shall we? Let's truly examine the human ability to find patterns where none exist to make this work better for our boy Geno.

Consider this section from the ridiculous new-age website trying to appropriate native american spiritualism for clicks:

My, that is shocking. Starlings are little storm troopers invading neighbouring territories and seizing living space?

View attachment 232328

My God, the parallels! Here we see the vicious Koopa King himself, the tyrant Bowser rallying his troops in the lands belonging to the Mushroom Kingdom-in-exile. His storm troopers stand ready to mow down all those who would stand before the desires of their King. His motives heretofore unknown to us. Does he plan on reclaiming his throne, or does he seek a living arrangement in this plucky kingdom, seeing conquest as a far simpler opportunity?

Not seeing it? Oh just you wait, the parallels add up even further. As we've already established that Bowser is a starling with the same level of confidence that we can assign to Edelgard (which is to say, very little at all), we can delve deeper. Perhaps Bowser isn't starling, but is instead a hint towards his true identity. Where does the starling sit? On a roof, of course. The bird stands defiantly atop a residence to which he has no right, and his wanton disregard to the inappropriateness of his situation can point to only one conclusion.

You see, the roof is of the utmost importance to this image. It's not a reference to "Three Houses" or "Bird House," because it is a reference to something more iconic. Something we've all seen a thousand times.

View attachment 232330
That's right, Exor. Here he stands on the roof of Bowser's castle, a symbol of the Smithy gang. His, and by extension their goal? To rule the world.

What could be a more appropriate parallel to a storm trooper than weapons begotten with life? A truly unsympathetic foe,

This clearly means that the leaker was trying to tell us that Bowser's Castle was going to be a stage in Smash Ultimate, featuring Exor in the background.

Or maybe, more realistically, it's a picture of a starling and it means Geno. Because the diminutive form of a star would be starling. That's what Geno is.

So could we please stop pretending the starling has anything to do with Edelgard or Fire Emblem? I've just demonstrated you could write on length about the parallels to literally any character with little difficulty.
And if you knew anything about Fire Emblem (I can go over it again if you so want), you knew how the Starling symbolism could fit Three Houses too. I get it that you want it to be Geno. I want it too, and I agree that it certainly looks good for him (if that picture of the bird means anything in the first place that is) Do I want Edelgard, Claude, Dimitri or Byleth? Hell no. But I think it is naive to put your head in the sand and refuse to think about the idea that it could mean something that you might not want. We have all been burned out by the lack of Geno, some longer than others. We all thought the stars aligned for Geno to be in the base game with all that happen, or be the first DLC and look how that turned out. We should have learned by now to take a step back, hope for the best but don¨t go "ITS HAPPENING GUYS..." based on guesses which this discussion about the bird really is. It could be about someone that isn¨t Edelgard or Geno for what we know or it could mean jack #¤%&. The saying hope for the best, expect the worst exist for a reason

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Cool animation? Are we looking at the right trailer? Minecraft Dungeon, right? This is the most basic motion you'll see during an alpha build of a video game, except that's the final product. It's stylized I'll give it that, but "cool" is the last word I would describe the animation of Minecraft Dungeon.
I personally found it very nice; I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but I'd still like to point out how many people still found it cool and exciting based on the reaction from fans, no matter what we ourselves think. And they would've acted the same way if they used Steve and Alex; a lot of the people who don't care about them don't care for the same reason some people around here don't care about Steve but wouldn't mind seeing him, while it would've excited those who do care.

You gotta keep in mind that Smash is a FIGHTING game, where subtle animations are EXTREMELY important. Things like jump-squatting, logical intangibility frames on rolls, etc. are vital.

Maybe you can think of a way to have Steve crouch that wouldn't look completely abysmal, but he'd also need expressive articulation. And G&W is a poor counter-argument, as he has MORE articulation than Steve to begin with.
Steve could move his limbs around in expressive ways, such as flailing them a little bit like in this video:

Admittedly I don't know about his crouch aside from what the video shows earlier on, but I'd love to pelvic thrust on the battlefield like in Minecraft. Perhaps they'd just make him bend over a bit farther if they don't give him Dungeons knees.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
And if you knew anything about Fire Emblem (I can go over it again if you so want), you knew how the Starling symbolism could fit Three Houses too. I get it that you want it to be Geno.
Why is it that you think this random paragraph about the symbolism of the starling has any significance whatsoever? Why do you keep referring to it as if it's some kind of authority on the matter?

It was posted on realityfiles.com, a website which also sells 1 hour skype coaching sessions to learn more about the Emerald Tablets of Thoth, a made up piece of apocryphal Helleno-Egyptian Hermetica that was supposed to contain alchemical secrets about the transmutation of base elements to gold. You know, the philosopher's stone. It's complete and utter bunk, and the fact that you keep using it as some kind of damning evidence of the inherent symbolism of the starling is baffling.

You want to learn more about this website? Let's read on, shall we? Here's a page about the ancient forbidden knowledge kept secret by gnostic mystery cults in ancient Greece, the existence of the Demiurge, the non-trinitarian nature of the Christian God, and the assertion that Catholic Church is the antichrist. Why do you consider this credible? Someone typed up this stuff in an afternoon to appeal to the same people that look at the zodiac for guidance or think alchemy is real.

There is no historical significance to the starling. There are no cultures who assigned any value or special meaning to its appearance in human history. It has never been an omen, it has no special poetic meaning, and I assure you that no ancient references to their apparent pervasiveness would have mentioned the Second World War. At the absolute minimum you're dealing with symbolism that emerged in the New Age movement, but I think it's far more likely that there is no symbolism at all. There is also a ZERO percent chance that our NoA ambassador is somehow fully up to date on the poetic interpretations of animals in modern internet gnosticism

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

But I'll bite.

View attachment 232328

My God, the parallels! Here we see the vicious King Koopa himself, the tyrant Bowser rallying his troops in the lands belonging to the Mushroom Kingdom-in-exile. His storm troopers stand ready to mow down all those who would stand before the desires of their King. His motives hitherto unknown to us. Does he plan on reclaiming his throne, or does he seek a living arrangement in this plucky kingdom, seeing conquest as a far simpler opportunity?

View attachment 232330

Or the species of bird doesn't matter in the slightest and it means Fire Emblem Three Houses because bird on house = Black Eagle House. It doesn't have to be some esoteric hint that requires extensive background knowledge when the dude literally posted a bear and a bird for Banjo Kazooie. Starling is just what some people in this thread immediately took to because it was the most positive route for Geno in their eyes (Not to mention, it doesn't have to be Smash related in the least bit because while people think "it has to be," it could be something entirely new too).

And I'm not saying I believe it's Three Houses (Just showing how it could simply just reference an aspect of Three Houses without having to go into the crazy symbolism) or really care what it is or have a stake in the bird picture meaning anything. I just actively dislike this way of "leaking" information and find it almost pedantically vague. Like there's no damn good reason to be this vague about stuff if you're already leaking in any capacity. You're not going to get out of "leaking" by saying, "Oh well, I only posted a picture of a bird Mr. Nintendo Lawyer, that could have meant anything." We know Nintendo takes leaks seriously and I'm sure they would have no issue firing/dropping contact with the person on such evidence alone. This remains my opinion from Vergeben's peak during "The Pokemon not named Decidueye, Lycanroc, or Mimikyu." If you want to be a leaker and you're willing to reveal information, just be straightforward and to the point with the information you're giving out, and if you can't do that, you probably don't really have any business leaking it in the first place.

Last edited:

dreamstar_g

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
7952 9587 6387
I personally found it very nice; I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but I'd still like to point out how many people still found it cool and exciting based on the reaction from fans, no matter what we ourselves think. And they would've acted the same way if they used Steve and Alex; a lot of the people who don't care about them don't care for the same reason some people around here don't care about Steve but wouldn't mind seeing him, while it would've excited those who do care.

Steve could move his limbs around in expressive ways, such as flailing them a little bit like in this video:

Admittedly I don't know about his crouch aside from what the video shows earlier on, but I'd love to pelvic thrust on the battlefield like in Minecraft. Perhaps they'd just make him bend over a bit farther if they don't give him Dungeons knees.
What if his crouch was just him setting up a bed and going to sleep

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What if his crouch was just him setting up a bed and going to sleep
That could probably work, have it poof a bed from no where and he could fall onto it.

I can also imagine it as a taunt or entrance animation (though his entrance would probably be a Nether portal, or him appearing out of thin-air with the message "Steve joined the match!" edit: wait no, that should be the message for every character on a Minecraft stage while they're entering, "Mario00 joined the server!").

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Why is it that you think this random paragraph about the symbolism of the starling has any significance whatsoever? Why do you keep referring to it as if it's some kind of authority on the matter?

It was posted on realityfiles.com, a website which also sells 1 hour skype choaching sessions to learn more about the Emerald Tablets of Thoth, a made up piece of apocryphal Helleno-Egyptian Hermetica that was supposed to contain alchemical secrets about the transmutation of base elements to gold. You know, the philosopher's stone. It's complete and utter bunk, and the fact that you keep using it as some kind of damning evidence of the inherent symbolism of the starling is baffling.

You want to learn more about this website? Let's read on, shall we? Here's a page about the ancient forbidden knowledge kept secret by gnostic mystery cults in ancient Greece, the existence of the Demiurge, the non-trinitarian nature of the Christian God, and the assertion that Catholic Church is the antichrist. Why do you consider this credible? Someone typed up this stuff in an afternoon to appeal to the same people that look at the zodiac for guidance or think alchemy is real.

There is no historical significance to the starling. There are no cultures who assigned any value or special meaning to its appearance in human history. It has never been an omen, it has no special poetic meaning, and I assure you that no ancient references to their apparent pervasiveness would have mentioned the Second World War. At the absolute minimum you're dealing with symbolism that emerged in the New Age movement, but I think it's far more likely that there is no symbolism at all. There is also a ZERO percent chance that our NoA ambassador is somehow fully up to date on the poetic interpretations of animals in modern internet gnosticism
First of all. Take a deep breath and relax. We are here to discuss. We don¨t need another PP situation again.

Second of all, the picture is on a bird. A bird that exists IRL. So take a look at the paragraph I posted a screenshot from -> source is the site https://www.realityfiles.com/master...al-spirit-guides-omens-spirit-animals-totems/ which is a site about a bird, which the European starling is.

What does that paragraph say? It teaches lessons of group ethics, social standings, and family relationship. Something that is a big part of every Fire Emblem story. The comparison of Nazi troops invading your streets? There are several Fire Emblem games that start off with the big bad is conquering your country. Heck one of the entries even had a dictator that was clearly based on Hitler with a title that was a big middle finger to racism. And you want to make a counterpoint towards your antichrist and spiritual connection type of stuff. Pretty much 99% of Fire Emblem games is that you are a force of the good gods slaying the evil good that plagued mankind.

Sure, he could be up to date with that kind of stuff you mention, and that could be the reason why he picked it but it could also be the for the reason I pointed out (refusing to be open that there could be another option is one of the ways that causes you to be potentially burned out and disappointed), but we also need to realize that if either of those were the causes, then the pic is certainly not as on the nose as the bear and the bird picture which is why many started to wonder if it's just so simple as a bird+house scenario which started the whole Edelgard could be the one in the first fricking place. It could also be so simple that he chose the picture because of a star pun if it's for Geno

I hope your right that it is pointing towards Geno just like the rest of us. But like I said. It's not healthy to hyping us hope like its confirmed when we have been burned out so many times. I don¨t know about you, but I prefer to be causally optimistic, preparing for the worse (because lord knows that Nintendo aren¨t above shill picks) and be happily surprised, over going "ITS CONFIRMED" when the only "solid" thing is a picture of a real-life bird that could be interpreted in more than one way.

Attachments

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't like the sound of that realityfiles website.

edit: what the heck Nintendo worked on Hamtaro: Ham Ham Heartbreak with some copyrights, and them and Alpha Dream worked on Rainbow Rescue, why couldn't Hamtaro crossover with Mario or join Smash?

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I would find it hilarious if it ended up releasing the same day as Three Houses, after all the discussion of them waiting to release him because of the game.
I just had a galaxy brain moment.

What if that's all the hint is? A bird on a house, Three Houses... Maybe that's exactly when Hero is going to drop? (thinking emoji)

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

What if that's all the hint is? A bird on a house, Three Houses... Maybe that's exactly when Hero is going to drop? (thinking emoji)
That would be quite ironic if that was the cause after all the debate on what it could mean in terms of a Smash character

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Okay so I just want all of your opinions on this with the given evidence we have for both sides of the argument when do you think Hero will release, Before or after EVO? Personally I feel like it'll be after EVO or during it. I just have that gut feeling that's telling me Hero isn't coming until after EVO wraps up with all the evidence we've been going over I think it's starting to look more likely around then and if he doesn't come out this week then I definitely think that's the case.

What about you all when do you think we'll get Hero before or after EVO?
If Hero isn't released within this week, he might be released right after the EVO SSBU Grand Finals, alongside (wishful thinking incoming) a trailer of the entire Fighters Pass (showing off Joker, Hero, Banjo & Kazooie in CG animation, AND finishing it off with the silhouettes of the remaining two, ultimately revealing them). Why reveal the remaining two fighters that soon? Why to capitalize on the revenues for the current fiscal year! :awesome: "Still not sure if you feel like buying the Fighters Pass? Well here ya' go!". (imo)

Quietly walks away.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's a number of reasons that I don't think it has anything to do with Fire Emblem:

-Nintendo hasn't shut up about Three Houses and I think they even released yet another video for it yesterday.

-In the Discord group, I think there's only one of us that's a really big Fire Emblem fan. Sabi's source seems to intentionally drop news on stuff that either we or him are interested in.

-*insert various arguments made in the last week and a half here*

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, this uncertainty sort of reminds me of when people were super-certain that BK would miss the boat and that Steve would be the chosen Microsoft character.

I think Kirby guys need to settle on one character that they want and push him really hard. Japan wants Magalor and the west wants Bandanna Dee, and I seriously doubt we'd get both
Or at least push hard enough to the point that Kumazaki himself will personally deliver the character request to Sakurai, while genuflecting. I thought there was lots of Dee love in Japan though.

I don't like the sound of that realityfiles website.

edit: what the heck Nintendo worked on Hamtaro: Ham Ham Heartbreak with some copyrights, and them and Alpha Dream worked on Rainbow Rescue, why couldn't Hamtaro crossover with Mario or join Smash?
Licensed game, 'nuff said. Doraemon and Dragon Ball wouldn't qualify, let alone this. :p

In all seriousness, I think the negotiations for a regular licensed crossover with a game property would be a bit of a hassle. Super Mario Maker is a rather strange outlier, since licensed characters technically don't appear themselves, but as costumes.

If Hero isn't released within this week, he might be released right after the EVO SSBU Grand Finals, alongside (wishful thinking incoming) a trailer of the entire Fighters Pass (showing off Joker, Hero, Banjo & Kazooie in CG animation, AND finishing it off with the silhouettes of the remaining two, ultimately revealing them). Why reveal the remaining two fighters that soon? Why to capitalize on the revenues for the current fiscal year! :awesome: "Still not sure if you feel like buying the Fighters Pass? Well here ya' go!". (imo)

Quietly walks away.
Seems fine all and all, except that Sak and co. specifically are trying to avoid blowing their load compared to last Summer in regards to reveals.

Last edited:

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman

You know there's a small possibility that's what they're hinting at but I still find it unlikely for a number of reasons, 1) The NoA source apparently hints at stuff we don't know of and we know that Hero is a character so I don't see why they'd hint at a small thing like his release date.

2) Again Hero's release date is a really small thing so I don't know how likely it is that they'd go out of their way to hint at the release date so cryptically.

3) I don't see how we could connect this Starling picture to both FE Three Houses and Smash without it being Edelgard/Byleth being a playable character in my opinion it's one, The other or Edelgard/Byleth being playable. We can connect it to FE:TH pretty easily and the same goes for Smash but I would think if they're hinting at the date they'd just post some other picture or even just say "Yeah Hero's release date is ___/____"

And more it just seems unlikely.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Licensed game, 'nuff said. Doraemon and Dragon Ball wouldn't qualify, let alone this. :p

In all seriousness, I think the negotiations for a regular licensed crossover with a game property would be a bit of a hassle. Super Mario Maker is a rather strange outlier, since licensed characters technically don't appear themselves, but as costumes.
I still find it strange though:

-Ham Ham Heartbreak's executive producer was Satoru Iwata (may he rest in peace)
-Nintendo developed or partly-developed the game and has copyright
-Rainbow Rescue may have as well (I couldn't really tell)

yet not even a small Hamtaro sticker or something showing up in one Mario game.

Of course it's not like they do this much even with their own franchises, and even when they do it's usually one of their main big franchises getting an easter egg, so I guess it's just my bias and excitement.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I still find it strange though:

-Ham Ham Heartbreak's executive producer was Satoru Iwata (may he rest in peace)
-Nintendo developed or partly-developed the game and has copyright
-Rainbow Rescue may have as well (I couldn't really tell)

yet not even a small Hamtaro sticker or something showing up in one Mario game.
It's just another day in regards to licensed deals, like Miyamoto's Popeye game, and the Game & Watch Mickey Mouse and Snoopy games.

As much as they'd like to openly reference it beyond name, it costs money. Probably like when Geno was a cameo for Superstar Saga.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So to change gears a bit. I had an idea for a reveal for a character and I do not think it is out of the realm of possibility. So we have seen that some trailers can be reused (K.Rool and Banjo) or a Story element can be used in a trailer (Hero's trailer with Dharkon).

What if we got a trailer that took place AFTER/DURING the true ending. All the Spirits are free so....what happens to them? I think it would be cool to see one spirit trail off and become whole again. I could see Geno being that spirit. It all makes sense!

(Bonus one is K.Rool is on trial for destroying Kong Island and gets beratted by Phoenix Wright)

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
So to change gears a bit. I had an idea for a reveal for a character and I do not think it is out of the realm of possibility. So we have seen that some trailers can be reused (K.Rool and Banjo) or a Story element can be used in a trailer (Hero's trailer with Dharkon).

What if we got a trailer that took place AFTER/DURING the true ending. All the Spirits are free so....what happens to them? I think it would be cool to see one spirit trail off and become whole again. I could see Geno being that spirit. It all makes sense!

(Bonus one is K.Rool is on trial for destroying Kong Island and gets beratted by Phoenix Wright)
A Geno and Phoenix Wright Supporter? You are talking my language!!!!

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
There's a number of reasons that I don't think it has anything to do with Fire Emblem:

-Nintendo hasn't shut up about Three Houses and I think they even released yet another video for it yesterday.

-In the Discord group, I think there's only one of us that's a really big Fire Emblem fan. Sabi's source seems to intentionally drop news on stuff that either we or him are interested in.

-*insert various arguments made in the last week and a half here*
I hope your right... but I can¨t help but to be worried the chances of people are being burned to the core again. We should learn by now to be careful.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
I hope your right... but I can¨t help but to be worried the chances of people are being burned to the core again. We should learn by now to be careful.
I don't think you have to worry much I'm pretty sure most of us have learned our lesson about getting unreasonably hyped over what may be nothing. I certainly did after that certain hoax back in October and when my claim that "lol Erdrick is leakbait" was so wrong.

I'm pretty sure others have learned the lesson as well and if they don't want to learn then let them get burned again to be honest it doesn't effect any of us personally.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
For the most part, a lot of us are kind of just waiting and not expecting too much. Can't speak for everyone, but I see it that way at least.

Also I trust Fatmanonice Fatmanonice knowing the the guy well enough to know IF he were trolling (which really doesn't seem like the case), but if something else were to come up, we would be the first to know (if possible).

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
It was just pointed out to me that technically Square Enix has five characters in Smash Bros. Cloud, Erdrick, Luminary, Eight and Four.

Also I feel like this board is really thirst for rumors seeing how a lot of users are entertaining a 4chan leak mentioning Steve & Geno.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I don't think you have to worry much I'm pretty sure most of us have learned our lesson about getting unreasonably hyped over what may be nothing. I certainly did after that certain hoax back in October and when my claim that "lol Erdrick is leakbait" was so wrong.

I'm pretty sure others have learned the lesson as well and if they don't want to learn then let them get burned again to be honest it doesn't effect any of us personally.
For the most part, a lot of us are kind of just waiting and not expecting too much. Can't speak for everyone, but I see it that way at least.

Also I trust Fatmanonice Fatmanonice knowing the the guy well enough to know IF he were trolling (which really doesn't seem the case), but if something else were to come up, we would be the first to know (if possible).
Sure, some have more than likely learned it, but for each "calm" I feel like I see at least one "HE IS IN GUYS"... If I come off as a Mr. Negative or something because I think we should stay on track and be open for the worst case scenario, then I do apologize.

But I can¨t help but worry no matter what. Speaking as someone that has PTSD to the point that they compare it to a damaged war veteran because of **** I¨ve seen, lost a girlfriend that committed suicide after miscarrying (yes she carried my child) and another girl I dated died earlier this year because of a hit and runner, you guys are some of my highlights of the week whenever I go here and discuss (sound silly I know.. but that's a fact). I just don¨t want y`all to be burned out and all that packet yet again because we left our guard down

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
You know, I have a question for those who know this source more: have his pictures ever been so "metaphoric"?

I can't really say much, but if his two past pictures have been the crab, which represented a LTTP enemy, and the bear and bird ones, which represented Banjo-Kazooie; then why would this one have such a cryptic message?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
You know, I have a question for those who know this source more: have his pictures ever been so "metaphoric"?

I can't really say much, but if his two past pictures have been the crab, which represented a LTTP enemy, and the bear and bird ones, which represented Banjo-Kazooie; then why would this one have such a cryptic message?
Good point

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
Sure, some have more than likely learned it, but for each "calm" I feel like I see at least one "HE IS IN GUYS"... If I come off as a Mr. Negative or something because I think we should stay on track and be open for the worst case scenario, then I do apologize.

But I can¨t help but worry no matter what. Speaking as someone that has PTSD to the point that they compare it to a damaged war veteran because of **** I¨ve seen, lost a girlfriend that committed suicide after miscarrying (yes she carried my child) and another girl I dated died earlier this year because of a hit and runner, you guys are some of my highlights of the week whenever I go here and discuss (sound silly I know.. but that's a fact). I just don¨t want y`all to be burned out and all that packet yet again because we left our guard down
Oh gosh sorry to hear all of that dude. Yeah I totally get it now and I agree we should totally be open for the worst case scenario and especially if and since it seems the most likely outcome currently but I don't see the problem when we can entertain these ideas and hope for the best while expecting the worst which is what I think most of us are currently doing like me for example but I totally get it and I somewhat agree.

And you don't come off as Mr. Negative you're just stating your opinion on things and being a realist so no worries there my dude you're fine.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Oh gosh sorry to hear all of that dude. Yeah I totally get it now and I agree we should totally be open for the worst case scenario and especially if and since it seems the most likely outcome currently but I don't see the problem when we can entertain these ideas and hope for the best while expecting the worst which is what I think most of us are currently doing like me for example but I totally get it and I somewhat agree.
I don¨t see the problem to entertain the idea either, it just feels that some people act (but maybe that¨s just me) think he is confirmed now because of A B and C combined with the fear of not him not being in which... well you know what at this point. And thanks, I don¨t know how I would have handled it without my parents. This **** gives me constant nightmare which gives me insomnia to some degree which is why I¨m on this post sometimes even if it's 5.36 am in the morning and I haven¨t fallen asleep yet. (I live in Sweden)

Last edited:

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
I don¨t see the problem to entertain the idea either, it just feels that some people act (but maybe that¨s just me) think he is confirmed now because of A B and C combined with the fear of not him not being in which... well you know what at this point. And thanks, I don¨t know how I would have handled it without my parents. This **** gives me constant nightmare which gives me insomnia to some degree which is why I¨m on this post sometimes even if it's 5.36 am in the morning and I haven¨t fallen asleep yet. (I live in Sweden)
I don't really get that feeling but I see where you're coming from, Personally at most I see people think Geno has a better chance but usually not by much and in the end people find a way to debunk said thing which helps with being realistic about his chances.

And that situation sucks man it really does. I'm sorry you had to go through something like that but I'm glad you have people supporting you through stuff like that I can't imagine the heartbreak those situations must have put you through so thankfully someone was there for you, I'm glad the Geno thread can help in any way be it just to keep you entertained through out the day or whatever else. I wish you the best of luck man.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

That is the million dollar question. Why is the picture so drastically different from the others?

Actually thinking about it, knowing this is Sabi's BIG source, could someone higher up have caught wind of them? Think about it for a moment. Sabi gets a C&D and can not talk about Nintendo stuff now. It would not surprise me if they dug deeper into Sabi's prior info and found out that they have an in working at Nintendo. MAYBE they are hunkering down hard on people where the guy works, thus had to do a different approach.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I don't really get that feeling but I see where you're coming from, Personally at most I see people think Geno has a better chance but usually not by much and in the end people find a way to debunk said thing which helps with being realistic about his chances.

And that situation sucks man it really does. I'm sorry you had to go through something like that but I'm glad you have people supporting you through stuff like that I can't imagine the heartbreak those situations must have put you through so thankfully someone was there for you, I'm glad the Geno thread can help in any way be it just to keep you entertained through out the day or whatever else. I wish you the best of luck man.
Thanks, man. I do my best to keep on going even if it's not easy, to say the least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom