• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, about that possible Nintendo Direct that Sabi's source (is it them that did that?) hinted, if it is coming soon, when do you think it will come? This week, maybe?

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
But then what if it was an announcement for an announcement of an announcement bundled with another announcement within an announcement?

It would be a superannouncement, an announcement so great that it exists and doesn't exist all at the same time. It's like superposition. The hype is there, yet at the same time, it isn't there.

It would be mind-blowing.
That announcement would have so many micro announcements leading up to its finale that the build up and excessiveness of it would be too powerful for the Smash fandom to fight against. So using the Seven Stars, Super Sakurai and Super Geno would use a combined Geno Beam to destroy the monstrosity known as Gigannounce. Takes two weeks worth of episodes to cover it all.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Honestly, I don't think the Direct being hinted at is Smash related. I think it's for a completely different game that we're probably not thinking of and that may line up with the starling pic Sabi's source dropped. I'm of the opinion that given the maintenance scheduled for the E-shop for the 3DS and Switch going on until Tuesday, it's more likely hinting at a potential drop for the DQ heroes and not just the launch of Three Houses.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
hey! new to this forum, things sound juicy here, are we talking about the leak that popped up a few days ago about a super Mario rpg remake? if so, what do you guys think as ive been away with no internet

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
hey! new to this forum, things sound juicy here, are we talking about the leak that popped up a few days ago about a super Mario rpg remake? if so, what do you guys think as ive been away with no internet
Welcome to the forums! And I would love such a remake, really!

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
what do you think about the leak blocked content came out with? the one mentioning that there would be the said remake and geno in smash?
I believe the leak was from 4chan, which makes it an automatic "I don't believe it" for me. You're talking about the one where the SMRPG remake would be like the Final Fantasy 7 remake, correct?

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
I believe the leak was from 4chan, which makes it an automatic "I don't believe it" for me. You're talking about the one where the SMRPG remake would be like the Final Fantasy 7 remake, correct?
yep that one. im not one to trust 4 chan myself, but if I see anything with super Mario rpg or geno in an instant that one endgame meme pops up. the hawkeye one XD

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Smash 4's roster leak came from 4chan too. 4chan itself isn't a good reason to dismiss it alone. There's a lot of good reasons, though. Many are absurdly unbelievable, have tons of cut-off dates, have no credibility behind them, and so on.

MemeSaucy

Smash Cadet
Smash 4's roster leak came from 4chan too. 4chan itself isn't a good reason to dismiss it alone. There's a lot of good reasons, though. Many are absurdly unbelievable, have tons of cut-off dates, have no credibility behind them, and so on.
Fair point, God i miss the days of the Smash 4 Hype train

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
But then what if it was an announcement for an announcement of an announcement bundled with another announcement within an announcement?

It would be a superannouncement, an announcement so great that it exists and doesn't exist all at the same time. It's like superposition. The hype is there, yet at the same time, it isn't there.

It would be mind-blowing.
This isn't Atlus, you know. :p

But at any rate, at least we'd finally know when to see Hero details, rather than fans constantly moving the goalpost every time nothing happens.

The leaker is probably guessing
Given the way it's phrased, it sure doesn't sound that way.

In any case, it's just another one of those "my uncle works at Nintendo" guys.

Last edited:

MemeSaucy

Smash Cadet
This isn't Atlus, you know. :p

But at any rate, at least we'd finally know when to see Hero details, rather than fans constantly moving the goalpost every time nothing happens.

Given the way it's phrased, it sure doesn't sound that way.

In any case, it's just another one of those "my uncle works at Nintendo" guys.
If the leaker knew that the Rights of SMRPG could be bought if it was well received, His source or the leaker himself would have to have a very high position in Nintendo to know anything like that

Last edited:

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
If the leaker knew that the Rights of SMRPG could be bought if it was well received, His source or the leaker himself would have to have a very high position in Nintendo to know anything like that
This. Or, you know, "I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who has a very high position in Nintendo"

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Okay, I'm up and rarin' to go! Thanks for all of this mental exercise, by the way. Again, this is my jam.

First off, Bowser. Yeah, I used the wrong terminology last night in terms of him being 'evil'. He's not 'evil', moreso just antagonistic and brutal. Evil would more equate to the likes of the Shadow Queen, the Dark Star, Smithy, etc. Bowser has been a notable threat multiple times in the past, though, and isn't what I'd call 'almost a joke'. I think that'd be a bit of an insult to his impact. He's the king of all of the koopas and has reason to be as such beyond birthright. He's incredibly powerful and has a good handle on dominion. His kingdom quakes before him. He's taken the Star Rod from the Star Spirits, practically gods in their own rights, and he's almost meddled directly with space-time in both Galaxy games. Both of those could have had catastrophic outcomes beyond anything Bowser could have intended. Whether or not he means to, the potential for being a gigantic threat, more than one could imagine, is definitely there. When it comes to that, I'd see the Star Spirits as being more leery of him, mostly because of the risk of something going terribly wrong. Watering down Bowser's potential as 'almost a joke' isn't fair to him, but on the other hand, it also isn't fair to refer to him as a big baddie without reason beyond 'he's bad and evil because he can be'. That'd be a ridiculous stretch that doesn't do the character justice.

Anyhow, this isn't about Bowser, but our star boy.

I'd like to bring up the point that it seems we both agree on: Geno acts as he does not because of tradition or fate, but because his sense of justice aligns with protecting everyone's wishes. It's less his higher authority as a result, at least to me. He will protect the wishes of this planet and any others no matter what, even if the Star Spirits refuse to give him their blessing. If they don't see eye-to-eye on something that could hugely shape the course of destiny via wishes, that could be a massive kerfuffle. Geno's duty is not one to take lightly, and he is well-aware of this. I could easily see it resulting in a divide, and given Geno's independent nature and notably courage, if the Star Spirits take a course that is more corrupt or otherwise short-sighted, I can see him rebelling. In the end, he wants to set things right, no matter the cost, yeah? Even if it means his elders finding reason to be disappointed in him, as long as his goals are achieved and everyone's wishes are safe, then that's all that matters. Yes, even though I'd be willing to say that he's 'friends' with Bowser, if he does something against his idea of righteousness, Geno will fight against him.

Because of all of this, Geno just comes across to me as almost a vigilante-type. Justice is obviously very important to this character. Star Road, everyone's wishes, are his world. If he feels what he's doing is right or otherwise acceptable, I can only imagine he'd be difficult to assuage in terms of a different direction. With such heroism comes an extent of stubbornness, and I think that'd be a fascinating character foil. As of now, Geno doesn't have much of one, and a character with balanced pros and cons is a healthy one in fiction. Stubbornness and a desire to have personal fulfillment via his friends, alongside his broader stroke of fulfillment world- and even universe-wide, would make things very interesting to me. Striking a balance between the two, questioning what he's doing and if it's the right choice, potentially defying his superiors, figuring out everything he wants to do as his own person, all while still devoted to Star Road and doing whatever he can to protect it... is what I see in Geno. It's a whole world of grey area in a mind that's more black and white, and that exploration into his character is something I'd love to write out someday. It'd probably be a lot better written down in proper storytelling form than the way I'm just flatly explaining things, haha.

I have to say, though, that I do apologize for my remarks about an interpretation like that coming across as more one-dimensional. You're right that it doesn't have to be so trivialized. The way you portray it sounds much more multi-faceted, and it definitely interested me. Thanks so much for having this chat with me! It's nice to bounce this kind of stuff off of someone, even if on some points, we may just have to agree to disagree — and that's okay. Like I said, that's the beauty of creativity. ;)

By the way, yeah, who the heck is the real Geno, the one the doll is meant to represent and NOT the actual star? Is his name even Geno, or is it just the name Gaz came up for that doll in particular? Like, whaddap widdat? I agree, I think that'd be SUPER interesting to see in a hypothetical sequel!
No problem my friend your speaking my language too.

when I said "he's almost joke" I mean that the developers typically treat him as one and like luigi like to constantly make jokes at his expense, especially alphadream who didn't even use him as a villain until the 3ds games. I'm didn't mean that literally like it was taken bowser is plenty capable and dangerous as you have thoroughly laid out. That said his evil exploits entail kidnapping peach and... thats about it, the setting and events may change but thats just about all that seems to go through his head as far as dastardly deeds. Overall it doesn't affect the status quo of the kingdom much anymore and as the years have gone by games have been more self-aware of the rather futile and almost comical exchange at this point most of the rpg's even when the bowser plot takes center stage seem to be so casual, besides toadsworth having a stroke it's usually just "oh shoot it's that bowser again someone call mario" and that seems about it. the attack on the star road was definitely notable event in the post nes era but 1. he won because the star rod he stole made him literally invincible,as with security as lax as they showed just about anyone that could have flown up there could have done it. and 2. after acquiring the power to make all dreams and desires reality he chooses to first defeat mario in combat, likely the source of his self esteem problems and... kidnapping peach by floating her castle to him and calling it a day. granted the game tries to instill a sense of danger and urgency with the claim that he might not be satisfied forever and could wreak havoc but that never comes to pass, and at no point in the series has he expressed aspirations beyond that besides ruling the mushroom kingdom and trying to raise his kid. I know this isn't about bowser so I'm going to leave it here but he's probably my favorite mario villain and potentially character though I image you've figured that out by now

I thought about how you got your interpretation and it stumped me for a while but after looking at that persons work it finally hit me, because it's fun and engaging and even though I didn't see it as the most likely or totally agree with some stuff it was an absolute treat for the eyes. I think the difference boils down to our own unique worldviews and ideologies, and more specifically how we look at creating fiction. for me I seek to try and figure out the most likely and accurate version by taking the cannon and slowly extrapolating it. whereas you like to flex your creative muscle and create your own unique and interesting spin on things. neither is right or wrong in any capacity because that's the nature of ideas since they don't actually exist. What take is better depends entirely on the type of work you look to make. a remake or sequel to a game would typically try probably prefer my approach because it's safe and straightforward but a reboot or re imagining would prefer yours because playing safe when all the chips are on the table is just going to lead to disappointment, you have to go big or go home and not let any possible conflict with previous writers ideas weigh down on your own or you fail to make an impression, because it's your character now and the only rule is that there are none.

that being said I still prefer my own idea but mostly because of great new one I had between these posts that I'll bring out at the end. for starters I agree that in the theoretical scenario you presented even though the reason I stuck to my point is that star spirits are embodiments of the forces that govern the universe they would be incapable of evil ( you want to talk about 1 dimensional characters) so that's why I phrased everything the way that I did before. That said to add to the growing headcannon I considered a scenario where such a divide might take place. say for example that because of the inability to challenge smithy in combat the big 7 hatched a plan to try and win by simply settling to contain him instead. by some sort of hocus pocus they wouuld lure smithy to a world and once all had entered seal off the world from the rest of the multiverse by maybe blocking whatever magic exor is using to create portals between worlds. leaving them all trapped and forgotten for all eternity. Naturally the allure of a star road was seen as the bait and once complete this plan would inevitably leave mario's world in ruin, the star road destroyed and life as we know it extinguished. Naturally since protecting star road and by extension mario's world are geno's personal responsibility( among possibly many others ;) ) he would rather strongly objection to such an idea as his life has been dedicated to keeping it safe. Maybe he would be offered another assignment in it's place but that wouldn't matter to him because its the principle of the issue and if he were to let anything happen to star road then in his eyes he would be a failure and a hypocrite and would happily lay down his life defending his charge then to turn a blind eye to the people he had sworn to protect. naturally he would be brushed off as he would be outranked and "the greater good" of all existence is not worth putting at risk to smithy's army to save one tiny and cosmically insignificant world. Nevertheless he would obstinately move to do what his duty would ask of him and stole away by himself with no support of any kind to face an insurmountable foe. the point I want to get across is that his duty is at the core of his character and his post at star road and any other obligation he swore loyalty to comes before anything else and would fight anyone to protect it, even if mario and gang tried to take the rod for some problem they might be facing geno would stand between them all the same, even if it meant fighting people he deeply cares about. I just didn't see a conflict so I didn't bother to extrapolate like I have here.

not directly related but one more food for thought I've seen in many places is how on the surface the take seems like it would weaken geno's character into a mary sue with no real flaws. but I would like to argue that this idea would be showing us a geno that has rather already completed his character development. Considering how long stars exist naturally its not a stretch that in the nintendoverse they would as well if not be ageless entirely. now I don't think geno is as old as the 7 but it's reasonable to assume from his generally mature nature that he is much older than starlow or twink and is likely been alive for eons, having been on countless adventures and life experiences that helped shape the geno of today. Now that he has had all the time in the world to develop he has reached the apex of his character and achieved a level of wisdom and empathy that has left him in a state of enlightenment that we couldn't imagine as humans. so instead of just being some super strong smart funny charismic selfless mature and dedicated being with no real room for growth he has in fact slowly been making mistakes and learning from them over the course of countless lifetimes to get where he is. An interesting story could be told from that, maybe as a young-un he was hot-headed and reckless, and maybe had a sort of batman moment that shook him to his core and began his transformation to the solid paragon of virtue he became. while the argument made for his unshakable faith in himself and dedication to his work makes him seem narrowminded in reality it's just the natural end for all being who have spent eternity on their journey of growth.

anyway onto the good stuff, so the reason I want to keep with my vision is because the sassy lovable anarchist would be such a poetic fit to give the REAL geno. Whereas ♡♪!? is defined by his selflessness, duty, and resolve geno would be his antithesis. a tramp who is a lovable fellow with a razor sharp sense of humor and sass, he lives for himself, following his whims and making an effort to never be obligated to anyone or anything. He's certainly not evil, a chaotic good(or at least chaotic neutral) to mirror ♡♪!?'s straight arrow mindset and is the heart and soul of the party. A future game where ♡♪!? comes along as the replacement for starlow would be great because I think the two would play off each other so well. I imagine geno is rather perturbed at ♡♪!? for all the notoriety he's gained from all of the do-gooding he did during the first game that must have spread quite far give how famous he is and how it has affected his carefree happy go lucky lifestyle. He probably would see him quite like many people on the outside looking in as a high and mighty goodie two shoes and ♡♪!? would constantly scoff at his immaturity and for any trouble his antics might bring the party(maybe reminding him of a ♡♪!? that once was). It would be a rivalry of sorts that would be a treat to watch their banter just oozing sarcasm, and that could be settled by some major event that would cause each other to acknowledge they were wrong and misjudged the other.

speaking of which I would just die to see some artists try and take a crack at what the real geno would look like, he's probably a humanoid like mario and peach and is probably going to be roughly their height and with the same iconic cap and cape and maybe wields similar weapons to the figure. but otherwise he is a total blank slate and I hope the word gets spread to someone that would care.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
he might look kinda like Rosalina would.. but maybe all glowing and gold, sparkling hair and in a knights armour

Nicnac

Smash Ace
So, based off of the otters and starling, most reckon we're either getting a direct announcement in the next few days or at the end of EVO, correct?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, about that possible Nintendo Direct that Sabi's source (is it them that did that?) hinted, if it is coming soon, when do you think it will come? This week, maybe?
Time frame of his picture hints is usually a week and a half to about two weeks but, given the circumstances, nothing coming until EVO wouldn't surprise me. As for Jon's otter pics, I believe the longest was a little over three weeks but usually falls in the two week range too. My prediction is an EVO announcement if nothing is announced by Wednesday.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Time frame of his picture hints is usually a week and a half to about two weeks but, given the circumstances, nothing coming until EVO wouldn't surprise me. As for Jon's otter pics, I believe the longest was a little over three weeks but usually falls in the two week range too. My prediction is an EVO announcement if nothing is announced by Wednesday.
So you mean a week and a half from now or two weeks from now if there isn't anything by Wednesday?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So you mean a week and a half from now or two weeks from now if there isn't anything by Wednesday?
He shared the picture last Saturday I believe so technically this Tuesday would be the earliest if we were to go off past patterns. Nintendo, however, very rarely makes big announcements on Fridays or the weekends so a literal two week mark is very unlikely. Jon otter posted last Friday so that hypothetically puts an announcement the week of the 29th based on his past patterns. If we were to extend to the full three weeks, it would still fall in line since Evo starts on August 1st, a little less than two weeks from now.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
No problem my friend your speaking my language too.

when I said "he's almost joke" I mean that the developers typically treat him as one and like luigi like to constantly make jokes at his expense, especially alphadream who didn't even use him as a villain until the 3ds games. I'm didn't mean that literally like it was taken bowser is plenty capable and dangerous as you have thoroughly laid out. That said his evil exploits entail kidnapping peach and... thats about it, the setting and events may change but thats just about all that seems to go through his head as far as dastardly deeds. Overall it doesn't affect the status quo of the kingdom much anymore and as the years have gone by games have been more self-aware of the rather futile and almost comical exchange at this point most of the rpg's even when the bowser plot takes center stage seem to be so casual, besides toadsworth having a stroke it's usually just "oh shoot it's that bowser again someone call mario" and that seems about it. the attack on the star road was definitely notable event in the post nes era but 1. he won because the star rod he stole made him literally invincible,as with security as lax as they showed just about anyone that could have flown up there could have done it. and 2. after acquiring the power to make all dreams and desires reality he chooses to first defeat mario in combat, likely the source of his self esteem problems and... kidnapping peach by floating her castle to him and calling it a day. granted the game tries to instill a sense of danger and urgency with the claim that he might not be satisfied forever and could wreak havoc but that never comes to pass, and at no point in the series has he expressed aspirations beyond that besides ruling the mushroom kingdom and trying to raise his kid. I know this isn't about bowser so I'm going to leave it here but he's probably my favorite mario villain and potentially character though I image you've figured that out by now

I thought about how you got your interpretation and it stumped me for a while but after looking at that persons work it finally hit me, because it's fun and engaging and even though I didn't see it as the most likely or totally agree with some stuff it was an absolute treat for the eyes. I think the difference boils down to our own unique worldviews and ideologies, and more specifically how we look at creating fiction. for me I seek to try and figure out the most likely and accurate version by taking the cannon and slowly extrapolating it. whereas you like to flex your creative muscle and create your own unique and interesting spin on things. neither is right or wrong in any capacity because that's the nature of ideas since they don't actually exist. What take is better depends entirely on the type of work you look to make. a remake or sequel to a game would typically try probably prefer my approach because it's safe and straightforward but a reboot or re imagining would prefer yours because playing safe when all the chips are on the table is just going to lead to disappointment, you have to go big or go home and not let any possible conflict with previous writers ideas weigh down on your own or you fail to make an impression, because it's your character now and the only rule is that there are none.

that being said I still prefer my own idea but mostly because of great new one I had between these posts that I'll bring out at the end. for starters I agree that in the theoretical scenario you presented even though the reason I stuck to my point is that star spirits are embodiments of the forces that govern the universe they would be incapable of evil ( you want to talk about 1 dimensional characters) so that's why I phrased everything the way that I did before. That said to add to the growing headcannon I considered a scenario where such a divide might take place. say for example that because of the inability to challenge smithy in combat the big 7 hatched a plan to try and win by simply settling to contain him instead. by some sort of hocus pocus they wouuld lure smithy to a world and once all had entered seal off the world from the rest of the multiverse by maybe blocking whatever magic exor is using to create portals between worlds. leaving them all trapped and forgotten for all eternity. Naturally the allure of a star road was seen as the bait and once complete this plan would inevitably leave mario's world in ruin, the star road destroyed and life as we know it extinguished. Naturally since protecting star road and by extension mario's world are geno's personal responsibility( among possibly many others ;) ) he would rather strongly objection to such an idea as his life has been dedicated to keeping it safe. Maybe he would be offered another assignment in it's place but that wouldn't matter to him because its the principle of the issue and if he were to let anything happen to star road then in his eyes he would be a failure and a hypocrite and would happily lay down his life defending his charge then to turn a blind eye to the people he had sworn to protect. naturally he would be brushed off as he would be outranked and "the greater good" of all existence is not worth putting at risk to smithy's army to save one tiny and cosmically insignificant world. Nevertheless he would obstinately move to do what his duty would ask of him and stole away by himself with no support of any kind to face an insurmountable foe. the point I want to get across is that his duty is at the core of his character and his post at star road and any other obligation he swore loyalty to comes before anything else and would fight anyone to protect it, even if mario and gang tried to take the rod for some problem they might be facing geno would stand between them all the same, even if it meant fighting people he deeply cares about. I just didn't see a conflict so I didn't bother to extrapolate like I have here.

not directly related but one more food for thought I've seen in many places is how on the surface the take seems like it would weaken geno's character into a mary sue with no real flaws. but I would like to argue that this idea would be showing us a geno that has rather already completed his character development. Considering how long stars exist naturally its not a stretch that in the nintendoverse they would as well if not be ageless entirely. now I don't think geno is as old as the 7 but it's reasonable to assume from his generally mature nature that he is much older than starlow or twink and is likely been alive for eons, having been on countless adventures and life experiences that helped shape the geno of today. Now that he has had all the time in the world to develop he has reached the apex of his character and achieved a level of wisdom and empathy that has left him in a state of enlightenment that we couldn't imagine as humans. so instead of just being some super strong smart funny charismic selfless mature and dedicated being with no real room for growth he has in fact slowly been making mistakes and learning from them over the course of countless lifetimes to get where he is. An interesting story could be told from that, maybe as a young-un he was hot-headed and reckless, and maybe had a sort of batman moment that shook him to his core and began his transformation to the solid paragon of virtue he became. while the argument made for his unshakable faith in himself and dedication to his work makes him seem narrowminded in reality it's just the natural end for all being who have spent eternity on their journey of growth.

anyway onto the good stuff, so the reason I want to keep with my vision is because the sassy lovable anarchist would be such a poetic fit to give the REAL geno. Whereas ♡♪!? is defined by his selflessness, duty, and resolve geno would be his antithesis. a tramp who is a lovable fellow with a razor sharp sense of humor and sass, he lives for himself, following his whims and making an effort to never be obligated to anyone or anything. He's certainly not evil, a chaotic good(or at least chaotic neutral) to mirror ♡♪!?'s straight arrow mindset and is the heart and soul of the party. A future game where ♡♪!? comes along as the replacement for starlow would be great because I think the two would play off each other so well. I imagine geno is rather perturbed at ♡♪!? for all the notoriety he's gained from all of the do-gooding he did during the first game that must have spread quite far give how famous he is and how it has affected his carefree happy go lucky lifestyle. He probably would see him quite like many people on the outside looking in as a high and mighty goodie two shoes and ♡♪!? would constantly scoff at his immaturity and for any trouble his antics might bring the party(maybe reminding him of a ♡♪!? that once was). It would be a rivalry of sorts that would be a treat to watch their banter just oozing sarcasm, and that could be settled by some major event that would cause each other to acknowledge they were wrong and misjudged the other.

speaking of which I would just die to see some artists try and take a crack at what the real geno would look like, he's probably a humanoid like mario and peach and is probably going to be roughly their height and with the same iconic cap and cape and maybe wields similar weapons to the figure. but otherwise he is a total blank slate and I hope the word gets spread to someone that would care.
Sweet!

Yeah, I have no arguments there on Bowser. It's understandable why people in Toad Town and beyond would fear Bowser doing more than just kidnapping Peach, plus the Star Spirits fearing the worst with their biggest source of wishing power being in the wrong hands. That said, yeah, as you say, he isn't just a cut-and-dry villain, and a lot of his responses to situations are deep-seated in his own issues. God, I adore Bowser, honestly. He's a fun threat, an amusing character, an intimidating king, an AWESOME dad, and so on and so forth. Such a good, in-depth character.

When it comes to what kind of take Nintendo and Square (or potentially AlphaDream) would go for with Geno, I agree that they'd probably just go the safest route. Whatever depth they add, too, would likely be pretty minimal and simplified. I definitely don't expect them to take a more creative route like that, and that's okay! I just like to come up with different stuff. As you said, it's a lot of fun, both from an outside perspective and as a creator. It's a blast. Character development is also something I cherish, and in fact, your reasoning about whether or not Geno would constitute as a 'Mary Sue' in this case is pretty solid. I'd love to see how Geno's whole life was up until this point. We saw it with Rosalina, even if rather minutely (given Nintendo's track record when it comes to deep storytelling in the Mario franchise), and it added that much more likability to her character. (Don't even get me started on how much I love her, cripes... I'll be here for DAYS.) Watching Geno's prior growth before the events of SMRPG would be awesome.

Also, your idea for ♡♪!? and a real 'Geno' interacting in a potential sequel is awesome. Again, no arguments there. That's just plain great and has plenty of amusing chemistry.

You've got your views on how Geno is and I've got mine, and while they're both very different, it's great to discuss them and come to an understanding of one another's ideas. Man, I'm sorry that I don't have much more to say to everything you just responded with, mostly because it's a lot of agreement or otherwise understanding, haha. If you ever have any other ideas or want to create anything for your take on Geno, feel free to hit me up, because I'd be very interested to hear it!

Also, now that you said it, I might try my hand at that one day. :yoshi:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He shared the picture last Saturday I believe so technically this Tuesday would be the earliest if we were to go off past patterns. Nintendo, however, very rarely makes big announcements on Fridays or the weekends so a literal two week mark is very unlikely. Jon otter posted last Friday so that hypothetically puts an announcement the week of the 29th based on his past patterns. If we were to extend to the full three weeks, it would still fall in line since Evo starts on August 1st, a little less than two weeks from now.
Interesting, thank you for sharing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom