• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
Stage based on Star Road (Exor smashes through stage and lands in the background as the battle is taken to Bowser's castle please? Could have Exor be defeated by different party members in the back and return to Star Road. Depends on who's playing, like how Dedede does in Green Greens)
I've seen a lot of stage suggestions for Geno if he gets in, but I've never seen Star Road as one. I actually really love this as an idea, Exor smashing through and everything. The one problem I see with this getting in is because it's not actually a place you can travel to in game. I'd say Forest Maze is the most likely, as predictable as it is, because it's the most well known area. There could be stumps that you could jump through, and Wigglers could travel through them as hazards that you could also jump on like springs. Another stage which I would personally like is Smithy's Workshop, where Smithy could be a boss like Metal Face and others. When he has a enough damage dealt to him, he could transform into his true form / phase 2, changing heads and using different attacks and stuff.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I've seen a lot of stage suggestions for Geno if he gets in, but I've never seen Star Road as one. I actually really love this as an idea, Exor smashing through and everything. The one problem I see with this getting in is because it's not actually a place you can travel to in game. I'd say Forest Maze is the most likely, as predictable as it is, because it's the most well known area. There could be stumps that you could jump through, and Wigglers could travel through them as hazards that you could also jump on like springs. Another stage which I would personally like is Smithy's Workshop, where Smithy could be a boss like Metal Face and others. When he has a enough damage dealt to him, he could transform into his true form / phase 2, changing heads and using different attacks and stuff.
yeah it always felt to me given how many iconic locations they could use they would opt for a transforming or scrolling stage to try and please everyone.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
You all seem to be forgetting that in one smash direct they spent 20 minutes talking about how the brightness works. They have plenty of content to make a smash direct with.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Imagine being a Smash fan and wanting more Smash information via a Smash Direct.

This message is you by the EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman Gang.

In all seriousness though, I think we should look towards EVO. Too much points towards the announcement being revealed there, even if it's just the date of the Direct. It would be weird for Ultimate to have so many entrants and be on the Final Day of EVO and not have something for it there, considering if I recall correctly MELEE was the one to have a Direct Date drop after it's Grand Finals...you know, that dead game from years ago that is only alive because of the community and not Nintendo support at all?

Though I will say, if Hero drops in July and we get a Smash Direct later, that would be CRAAAAAAZEEEEEEEEY!

I feel like Hero won't come out until after EVO though or will be banned from EVO official tournaments if he does drop before then. It's one of those things where the character can't be explored enough before the tournament so he wouldn't be allowed.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
The stump on which you fight Bowyer is IMO the best choice for a Geno-themed stage. I've shared this idea before, but how cool would it be to have Bowyer in the background shooting arrows at the fighters OR blocking certain buttons like he does in game?

...And guess which two tracks would play on this stage? Forest Maze and Fight Against An Armed Boss.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Also, I wouldn't expect a Geno announcement on a Hero direct, mainly because they want to focus all their efforts on releasing their current characters, and then they can announce who's next after that.

After all, the Joker showcase didn't show a damn thing about Hero, and we had to wait until last month on E3 for that...

Firox

Smash Master
Hero content + Mii costumes + free content coming with Hero + Banjo content + 4th character reveal = ~25-30 minutes, maybe?
To be honest, if Hero's menu mechanic ends up being as complicated as it looks, I could totally see his kit explanation taking at least 10-15 minutes.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
this train of thought gave me a good idea for a discussion point. If SMRPG did get a remake (maybe even alphadream's super secret special project : ) what would your ideal vision for the new graphical style be? I think SSS would be a cool idea since thats my favorite ML and the way they did the final boss leads me to believe they would do smithy really well in that style but I really don't know. I'd hate to see the perspective go so maybe a fully 3d adventure with all the bells and whistles would be really cool. even something more stylized like the octopath/xenogears style could work I'm fine with anything as long as it looks good and the platforming segments are much easier to gauge the distance for since that was always the part the frustrated me the most especially climbing that vine.
I've always envisioned "Super Mario Galaxy RPG" but if we could have any kind of art style I would love to see a Borderlands kind of style applied I just like the way those games look and think it would be a strangely snug fit for smrpg.

Firox

Smash Master
Barely even related, but I swear that the friggin' Mario spin-off divisions are on frigging mushrooms at this point. I have no words.

https://twitter.com/DrMarioWorldNA/status/1151523915853733888
I personally can't wait for Mario Shooters to come out; the first Mario FPS game and spiritual successor to the N64's Goldeneye. You can even play as the baby characters for some especially intense Oddjob PTSD flashbacks. I mean, who wouldn't have a blast getting their kneecaps blown off by a baby Peach while she scurries along sucking her pacifier?

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Hero content + Mii costumes + free content coming with Hero + Banjo content + 4th character reveal = ~25-30 minutes, maybe?
This was the same mindset people had going into the November Direct, specifically to damage Box Theory. 'They have a 30+ minute Direct. We just don't know the Adventure mode. Surely they wouldn't have all that time to just reveal Ken and Incineroar!'

And that's exactly what happened.

They can fill the Direct time with padding like how Isabelle's trailer just dragged on, or go the opposite route and make a quick blurb announcement about a new character like DLC Mewtwo. We can't predict it.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Honestly there would be no reason for them to pad out information since it’s just DLC. Joker did get a lot dedicated to his move set, and I’d expect similar amounts of time for Hero if not more. Then there’s always the rumored Home Run Contest, Mii Costumes, Spirits, Music, Stage, etc. That’s plenty for a video like Joker’s, but has potential to be a direct of like 20-25 minutes if they add in some information about Banjo-Kazooie and maybe a tease at a bonus fighter or #4 of the DLC pack at the end.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
You know I still find it incredibly fascinating that Banjo-Kazooie are actually in Smash. In a world where people always argue over Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony to the point each of them see one another as direct competitors to such an extent they're the big three companies going against each other and yet a character from a dead franchise and indeed from one of Nintendo's direct competitors got in due to fan demand.

That's insane and I am truly impressed by Sakurai they listen to fan demand to that extent and it proves that if Sakurai wants a character then they could be added. Of course I know I'm ignoring the plus sides to Banjo and what he had going for him but my point is he had a lot of stuff going against him and yet he got in when nobody thought he would've even half a year ago.

By this point Geno could get in and I wouldn't be that surprised but never the less I doubt it, Just like the Banjobros we shouldn't lose hope just cause it looks unlikely.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

2b May stem from those rumours of earlier talks with platinum games. Assuming Plat owns the character’s rights exclusively and square was literally just the publisher I could see this happening.
Square is the publisher, yes

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I hate to chime in as a negative voice, but I find it extremely doubtful that if we get a full-on Direct soon that the 4th Fighter Pass character (or a 'bonus' character) would be revealed around now. Keep in mind they're already trying to appease Square Enix and undercutting Hero's arrival with the introduction of another character to distract from him would be a big no-no.

I'm personally very doubtful of Geno's inclusion at this point, but still wish all of you guys the best, he's easily the largest remaining fan-requested character by a wide margin, and while I personally have no attachment to the character, I see the value all of you place in him and find him deserving out of that alone.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I hate to chime in as a negative voice, but I find it extremely doubtful that if we get a full-on Direct soon that the 4th Fighter Pass character (or a 'bonus' character) would be revealed around now. Keep in mind they're already trying to appease Square Enix and undercutting Hero's arrival with the introduction of another character to distract from him would be a big no-no..
To be fair, they already did that by showcasing an Eastern icon during a Western event where the bulk of Hero's fans were asleep at the time of the reveal.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Wanted to take this quick opportunity to just plug in Operation StarFall.

That last two days have been a great start for us! There are a lot of supporters within this forum and I want to make sure that every one here has a chance to sign the petition to help hear our voices!

If you haven't had a chance yet, please be sure to fill out the Wish Log here:

https://operationstarfall.com/
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd_dPl_eqANW4VrbZAJqozUp6un6GjReD6CkYY5simMbNmPFg/viewform

We are also all over the internet trying to make a bigger voice for ourselves. Below you can find the following social media sites to join:

https://twitter.com/opestarfall
https://www.facebook.com/opestarfall
https://www.instagram.com/operationstarfall/

Thanks again for all your support! Together we will make all our dreams come true!

#OperationStarFall

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I hate to chime in as a negative voice, but I find it extremely doubtful that if we get a full-on Direct soon that the 4th Fighter Pass character (or a 'bonus' character) would be revealed around now. Keep in mind they're already trying to appease Square Enix and undercutting Hero's arrival with the introduction of another character to distract from him would be a big no-no.

I'm personally very doubtful of Geno's inclusion at this point, but still wish all of you guys the best, he's easily the largest remaining fan-requested character by a wide margin, and while I personally have no attachment to the character, I see the value all of you place in him and find him deserving out of that alone.
I'm not sure it can be considered undercutting if the character shown at the end happens to be another character owned by them. If anything it's even more hype for them

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh, I could see Sakurai pad it out. I mean, the guy's a DQ fanboy just as much as most of the rest of Japan. Heck, he'd probably spend 15 minutes talking about Luminary and his alts' origin games alone.

Also, the only characters that character 4 would undercut are Banjo and Kazooie , who still need to have their stuff shown off this Fall.

To be fair, they already did that by showcasing an Eastern icon during a Western event where the bulk of Hero's fans were asleep at the time of the reveal.
I still think they so desperately wanted to show off Hero during the February Nintendo Direct, but had to wait for Joker's goddamn release date before doing anything.

Some real display of courteous chivalry, if there ever was any.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Oh, I could see Sakurai pad it out. I mean, the guy's a DQ fanboy just as much as most of the rest of Japan. Heck, he'd probably spend 15 minutes talking about Luminary and his alts' origin games alone.

Also, the only characters that character 4 would undercut are Banjo and Kazooie , who still need to have their stuff shown off this Fall.
I could see that as undercutting. Would we consider Joker then undercut PPlant? (Lord I cannot even take what I just suggested seriously)

Also, I don't think it would be undercutting if the character revealed was from the same company. Especially since we know Banjo and Kazooie will get there own video down the line to rebuild hype for them.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I could see that as undercutting. Would we consider Joker then undercut PPlant? (Lord I cannot even take what I just suggested seriously)

Also, I don't think it would be undercutting if the character revealed was from the same company. Especially since we know Banjo and Kazooie will get there own video down the line to rebuild hype for them.
From people's perspective, it wouldn't take much to overshadow PP. Hell, even Poochy would have done it.

Regardless, I still think they're being super-polite and waiting for each character(s) to have their turn before being announced. Besides, they still need enough dev time for them to actually be presentable by February, so they don't even have time to "undercut" anyone.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Considering Hero got the coveted E3 reveal, I don't think another character could undercut him. If anything, Banjo technically already did this by being the significantly bigger reveal but, still, the fact that they shared the same stage is, in my opinion, an honor that can't be taken away from him, especially when you consider the E3 reveals of the past like Snake, MegaMan, and Ridley. You really can't steal the thunder from someone who got revealed at the biggest gaming event in the world and technically got a higher honor than even megatons like K. Rool, Sonic, and Cloud.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Again, I don't think the DQ heroes are going to be the subject of this direct. The video Nintendo submitted the other day pretty much hints at a July release since all the other games featured (season 10 of Fortnite was confirmed for July 31st) were for this month too. Now, if there is a Direct, my guess is it may tease character 4 at the most.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Considering Hero got the coveted E3 reveal, I don't think another character could undercut him. If anything, Banjo technically already did this by being the significantly bigger reveal but, still, the fact that they shared the same stage is, in my opinion, an honor that can't be taken away from him, especially when you consider the E3 reveals of the past like Snake, MegaMan, and Ridley. You really can't steal the thunder from someone who got revealed at the biggest gaming event in the world and technically got a higher honor than even megatons like K. Rool, Sonic, and Cloud.
Adding to that, the DQ11 tie-in ad was tacked on like an afterthought.

Also also, if we went by that logic, then absolutely everything in the Direct undercut Hero's announcement, even the Bowser skit, and then BOTW2 undercut BK's announcement.

This entire conversation is silly.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Adding to that, the DQ11 tie-in a was tacked on like an afterthought.

Also also, if we went by that logic, then absolutely everything in the Direct undercut Hero's announcement, even the Bowser skit, and then BOTW2 undercut BK's announcement.

Just to beat a dead horse, I was driving home from work and it really hit me how this argument makes no sense. Did K. Rool undercut Simon? Did Lucas undercut Mewtwo? Did Corrin and Bayonetta undercut Cloud? No; people were still excited for their respective characters and honestly didn't care.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Adding to that, the DQ11 tie-in a was tacked on like an afterthought.

There it is! The conversation makes no sense. Now let's get back to birds!

Saw a pigeon get hit by a car....that just happened...
EDIT: Fatmanonice Fatmanonice did you hit a pigeon driving home!? /s

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What exactly is this about birds? And Lupin? And hints from a reliable source? What's going on?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What exactly is this about birds? And Lupin? And hints from a reliable source? What's going on?
Long story short:

Fake leaker tried to be a Grinch hoaxer by posting Lupin caps on 4Chan and failed embarrassingly.
Sabi's usual leak source posted a crab last time, this time it's a starling on a roof.
Jon Cartwright posted about otters, which probably means that he's on the know about a Direct coming, as usual.

Last edited:

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
I want put my two cents into the Starling BIRD image...yeah i go all caps on BIRD because i think of BIRD UP!!!! ANYWAY...Being inspired by all this I started listening to the SMRPG music and something i noticed...one of the songs is called The Starlight's Flower....Starling....Starlight. I know it might not amount to much but it is FUN to think about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMdJBkPEswE (posting Song just to be safe)

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Just to beat a dead horse, I was driving home from work and it really hit me how this argument makes no sense. Did K. Rool undercut Simon? Did Lucas undercut Mewtwo? Did Corrin and Bayonetta undercut Cloud? No; people were still excited for their respective characters and honestly didn't care.
Some person: 'You think Corrin undercut Cloud?'

-Entire planet laughs its butt off in shear ridiculousness-

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
Also may I say I'm impressed with how slow the thread is going today it hasn't been this slow for around a week and a half if not a bit more. It really reminds me of the Square Seven days and when we were pretty much certain Erdrick now known as Hero was going to be added in. That certainly was a weird situation to be in as a Geno fan.

I hope Hero doesn't effect Geno's chances nowadays cause we already have a Square rep but knowing Square the only company who could realistically get two reps are themselves since they really like their DLC and Cloud probably made them a lot of money maybe even the most money out of all of their DLC/Crossovers.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Also may I say I'm impressed with how slow the thread is going today it hasn't been this slow for around a week and a half if not a bit more. It really reminds me of the Square Seven days and when we were pretty much certain Erdrick now known as Hero was going to be added in. That certainly was a weird situation to be in as a Geno fan.

I hope Hero doesn't effect Geno's chances nowadays cause we already have a Square rep but knowing Square the only company who could realistically get two reps are themselves since they really like their DLC and Cloud probably made them a lot of money maybe even the most money out of all of their DLC/Crossovers.
I think the thread had a ton of momentum in the past 48 hours that understandably cooled off when it became clear Hero isn't releasing yet. The Starling Leak is still on the table but we've already talked it to death and are just waiting for the Hero trailer/Smash direct/whatever is going to announce stuff.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

If anything, this actually reduces the amount of characters that get in Geno's way. However, in regards to fan-driven character support, he'll be up against his next big challenge: Sephiroth. No force in the universe is a match for fangirls of that guy.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

The SE thread was just a glorified FF and DQ fan thread with some KH thrown in there.. A lot of them wouldn't even attempt to humor that Geno had even a little chance.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure we will hit 1100 pages before the weekend though. I forget, how many additional pages do we need before about twice as big as the Smash 4 thread for Geno again?

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I'm really glad that Yoko Shimomura went back and reorchestrated two of SMRPG's songs for her Best Of album in 2014.

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms and Goodbye Geno. She was responsible for the arrangements of 3 of my favourite songs in Smash, Route 10, Magicant / Eight Melodies and the absolutely incredible Kass's Theme.

I'd say a double digit percentage of me wanting Geno stems from wanting her to have another crack at the music. The whole soundtrack was basically her baby.

The SE thread was just a glorified FF and DQ fan thread with some KH thrown in there.. A lot of them wouldn't even attempt to humor that Geno had even a little chance.
And it still didn't stop them from coming in here to talk about how much they wanted [insert character here] over Geno. Hero getting revealed was almost a small miracle because it got them to leave us alone.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I've been thinking about this for a little bit regarding the European Starling, and now I'm wondering if it's actually a hint about Bayonetta 3. That's a game that hasn't received any notable updates/news in 2 years.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I've been thinking about this for a little bit regarding the European Starling, and now I'm wondering if it's actually a hint about Bayonetta 3. That's a game that hasn't received any notable updates/news in 2 years.
I could see a Starling showing up in a hypothetical Bayo 3 trailer cinematic shot.

Oaterinos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5149 9306 1606
Eh. The European part fits, but the most referenced bird in Bayo is a crow. (See Crow Within and the hidden Umbran Crows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom