• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
No one asked but I wanted to say it anyway. Here's my current theory on how the rest of the datamined slots are going to be filled.

(Note: the following assumes Geno is going to be a mii costume. If he's NOT a mii costume, then he's 100% going to be a DLC fighter, and would go up to #2 for the second pass.)
(Note 2: This also assumes Banjo only takes up one character ID, because I don't see him getting an alt costume with dragon kazooie or something.)

Currently: 2 Fighter pass slots + 10 (WoL slots), 21 IDs left
FP 4: ??? (Likely Capcom Rep, mii costume theory)
FP 5: ??? (Likely Namco Rep, mii costume theory)

After the fighter pass, a second one is revealed. Because the stage list is full, they're bundled with echo fighters instead of stages. This way, we get 10 fighters in one pass, making the planning ahead of 15 fighters from 2018 be reasonable.

Because they can't have stages, these must be from series that don't need a stage to come with them. While there have been characters in Smash that didn't come with a stage, they were all 1st party. This means fighter pass two MUST be first party, and will likely be almost entirely dedicated to series already represented.

In order of what I believe is most likely, Fighter Pass 2 most likely options:
1. Bandana Dee + Kirby echo
-Bandana Dee is THE most requested 1st party character, aside from maybe Isaac, who is an assist trophy. There are plenty of options for Kirby echos as well. Bonkers/any hammer user over D3, Galacta Knight/Morpho Knight/DMK/etc over Meta Knight, Gooey/Keeby/Dark Kirby over Kirby, etc etc. None of the choices for echoes are particularly interesting when you have characters like Adeleine or Magolor or Dark Matter or Marx, but if they came with same-series echos (which would make the most sense) there are plenty of options.
2. Dixie Kong + DKC echo (Funky?)
-Dixie Kong is also pretty highly requested, though the hype for her has mildly dropped after K. Rool got in. With how much people loved K. Rool and Banjo's inclusions, another Rare character would certainly seem like a good choice. It would also fit with Sakurai's plan in Brawl, where he had to cut Dixie. Funky Kong makes the most sense for a DKC echo, because his body type is exactly the same as DK's. Other than him, they could potentially use Kaptain K as an echo of King K? Or perhaps something I'm not thinking of right now.
3. Pokemon Rep + Pokemon Echo
-Pokemon is pokemon. Some people think there's too many pokemon in smash, but I don't think Nintendo cares. With how hard people requested Decidueye and Sceptile, a grass type starter seems like a good choice to round out the roster. Perhaps Grookey's final evolution? Or really any gen 8 pokemon. As for echo fighters, I'm sure you don't need me to tell you there's plenty of options. (My personal favorite would be Zeraora over Lucario, though.)
4. Rhythm Heaven Rep + ???
-Rhythm Heaven is pretty long overdue to be in Smash, if you ask me. It's unquestionably Nintendo's largest franchise that doesn't already have a fighter. While it might be weird to get them without a stage, depending on which RH rep they pick, they could add another variant to Boxing Ring for them. (Karate Joe cough cough.) The problem with this series, though, is that an echo fighter wouldn't really make sense. No matter who they picked, there's not really a good choice for an echo fighter. (Unless they did Karate Joe + his dad?) This would likely have to be the only one without a same-series echo.
5. Zelda Rep + Zelda Echo
-I don't think I need to explain this one. Zelda is enormous, but we really only have 4 unique fighters for the series. BotW 2 could get a rep, or any number of other things. I just don't think it's super likely with how Sakurai seems to ignore everyone but the Triforce holders. (Beast Ganon when)
6. Geno + Mario Echo OR Mario RPG echo?
-Geno isn't very likely if they add his mii costume, but he still has a chance, as I'm sure we can all agree. As for an echo fighter to go with him, it could either be some random Mario echo (like Doctor Luigi or Dry Bowser or whoever else) or more interestingly, a Mario RPG echo like Boshi. I feel like Waluigi WOULD be the most likely, if not for him having no real choice for an echo.
7. fire emblem
-I don't think Sakurai wants to put in more FE, because he said himself he thought there were too many BEFORE corrin got added. I wouldn't rule it out though. There's plenty of options too, obviously.

So, with that out of the way, here's what I think will actually happen.

End of Fighter Pass-
FP 4: Phoenix Wright
-I don't have a ton of attachment to any Capcom characters (aside from mega man, who's already in) but I think Phoenix is the most consistently asked for from Smash fans. At least as far as I can tell. Also his moveset would be cool as hell, whether it was stolen from MvC3 or not.
~Takes up 2 or 3 IDs, using his "retired" outfit, and perhaps the pink alt from MvC3. Could potentially take more, I'm not super familiar with the character.

FP 5: Lloyd OR Heihachi
-I personally think both are equally likely. I have no idea which way to tilt this scale. Either way, they're both a Namco rep that doesn't particularly need a bonus alt skin, but could have one.
~1 or 2 IDs.

Nintendo Pass (NP)-
NP1: Bandana Dee
~Almost assuredly would take up at least 2 IDs, possibly up to four. Sailor Dee, Bandana-less Dee, perhaps some alternate waddle dee enemies from other planets/dimensions?
NP1e: ???
~No matter who it is, I can't think of any Kirby echo fighter that would take up more than 1 ID.

NP2: Dixie Kong
~She could possibly take up 2 IDs with a more classic design (those pink kneepads) but will likely just take 1.
NP2e: Funky Kong
~Likely one, but potentially up to 4. His classic design had no shirt/shorts, and he had unique desigigns in DKC3 and DK64.

NP3: Grookey Evo
~Obviously, like every pokemon, just 1 ID would be taken up.
NP3e: Zeraora
~Ditto to the above.

NP4: Beast/Mage Ganon
~1-2 IDs. I think another form of Ganon is more likely than any one-off character, personally. Depending on what his design is, he could take up 2 IDs. Beast ganon could have a design based on LttP, and have an alt skin based on Yuga Ganon.
NP4e: Impa
~1-2 IDs. Like with Ganon, her main design could be based on one game, but have an alt skin based on another.

NP5: Karate Joe
~Karate Joe could (and should, if you ask me) take up 4 IDs. Boxing glove outfit, (from the arcade game) an outfit with hair, (remix 6 DS) futuristic shades + purple outfit, (remix 7 wii) karate man senior, (megamix) and the honeybee outfit (remix bees megamix) all work perfectly as alt skins.
NP5e: Mach Rider
~1-2, perhaps could have a male and female form based on the ambiguity and arcade stuff. Or the new/old design, etc.

With all these taken into account, that would mean a grand total of 17-24 IDs. Considering there's 21 IDs in the code once you account for Hero/Banjo, it fits pretty well.

If you read this whole thing, I like you. You're cool.
I am a huge Kirby fan, so here are your options on echoes.

Kirby: Keeby and Shadow Kirby are basically just palette swaps tbh. Gooey would provide for a unique take on Kirby but is too different to work like that. Best option: Prince Fluff with slight Aerials like the Belmont's Vampire Killer.

Meta Knight: Dark Meta Knight is pretty much a carbon copy anyway. Same goes to Galacta to a degree. Morpho Knight is too recent to count towards this, I think. Mecha Knight provides a possible projectile, as well as a slower version of Meta Knight due to increased weight.

King Dedede: Bonkers doesn't even cut it. Shadow Dedede works far better, as he could launch a shadow orb that replaces the Gordo. Same concept but the shadow orb can instead be absorbed by the oil pan and Ness and Lucas's psi attacks. Alternatively, he could also have an axe over the hammer, as that is a primary weapon he utilizes in Triple Deluxe.

This has been my Kirby TED Talk

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Question: How would you feel if Super Mario RPG was handled in the artistic style of the Mario and Luigi series? I don't mean changing gameplay but just visual choice.

Also, I feel like this has to be the game we get Geno because Sakurai has already basically apologized twice for his lack of inclusion and after throwing the bone with the Mii costume last game, he's almost certainly going to go big or go home.
Honestly I really do like the Mario & Luigu series and the visuals so that wouldn't bother me. I just think it'd be nice to have games like them that actually involve choice in your team set up the overworld could honestly still be all handled by Mario and Luigi for all I care.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I am a huge Kirby fan, so here are your options on echoes.

Kirby: Keeby and Shadow Kirby are basically just palette swaps tbh. Gooey would provide for a unique take on Kirby but is too different to work like that. Best option: Prince Fluff with slight Aerials like the Belmont's Vampire Killer.

Meta Knight: Dark Meta Knight is pretty much a carbon copy anyway. Same goes to Galacta to a degree. Morpho Knight is too recent to count towards this, I think. Mecha Knight provides a possible projectile, as well as a slower version of Meta Knight due to increased weight.

King Dedede: Bonkers doesn't even cut it. Shadow Dedede works far better, as he could launch a shadow orb that replaces the Gordo. Same concept but the shadow orb can instead be absorbed by the oil pan and Ness and Lucas's psi attacks. Alternatively, he could also have an axe over the hammer, as that is a primary weapon he utilizes in Triple Deluxe.

This has been my Kirby TED Talk
I'm not a fan of Prince Fluff at all, especially as an echo fighter, but I did think about/know all those other options. I just didn't talk about them too much for the sake of brevity. Bonkers would use nuts instead of Gordos and just not have an inhale, he could work...

i just really want Bonkers in smash ok i love him hes such a good boy

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
If it never happens from Nintendo and Square officially, this has GOT to become a ROM hack project for one of the M&L games (probably SSS). It'd be KILLER.
Smithy's second phase especially gets me. Imagine his transformation in that glorious art style! He'd be terrifying!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Star Allies didn't even have Fluff as a playable character, and he's from an odder Kirby spin-off that originally wasn't going to be a Kirby game (and the Epic Yarn stage got nuked during conception), so I don't think he'd be taken into consideration at all regardless.

Overall, I honestly would rather wait and see what the official guys would pick for 1st/2nd P and Echo passes. Predicting things seldom works.

Here's your daily almost certainly fake leak:

Way too descriptive.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Smithy's second phase especially gets me. Imagine his transformation in that glorious art style! He'd be terrifying!
this train of thought gave me a good idea for a discussion point. If SMRPG did get a remake (maybe even alphadream's super secret special project : ) what would your ideal vision for the new graphical style be? I think SSS would be a cool idea since thats my favorite ML and the way they did the final boss leads me to believe they would do smithy really well in that style but I really don't know. I'd hate to see the perspective go so maybe a fully 3d adventure with all the bells and whistles would be really cool. even something more stylized like the octopath/xenogears style could work I'm fine with anything as long as it looks good and the platforming segments are much easier to gauge the distance for since that was always the part the frustrated me the most especially climbing that vine.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
GUYS!!!! I MADE AN IMPORTANT DESCOVERY!!!! SOMETHING RELATED TO THE BIRD PICTURE!

If you take the word "European Starling" and mix up the word you get "Geno Pure Star Lain"

I don't know what I'm doing with my life

I messed up and had an extra E so in reality I couldn't make the word Geno Pure Star Alien

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
GUYS!!!! I MADE AN IMPORTANT DESCOVERY!!!! SOMETHING RELATED TO THE BIRD PICTURE!

If you take the word "European Starling" and mix up the word you get "Geno Pure Star Alien"

You know what that means, RAID AREA 51!!!!
I can't believe Sakurai hid Geno's DLC pack in Area 51.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

If you take the word "European Starling" and mix up the word you get "Geno Pure Star Lain"

I messed up and had an extra E so in reality I couldn't make the word Geno Pure Star Alien
Geno Pure Star Lie? We've been had people. We've been played like a damn fiddle.

chrome_2019-07-17_21-32-36.png

ZelDan

Smash Master
That "leak" is fake as all hell, I will say though that if Doom Guy was to make it in, I hope they'd call him called Doom Slayer and not Doom Guy, because the former sounds much more cool and bad-ass.

BoringName

Smash Rookie
I just came back from vacation and this thread has been super active lately so I’m just wondering if I missed anything during the last 30 pages (right after we first saw the starling picture)

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Quick off topic but still about birds question: What would you name a bird general character? Not for anything important

T2by4

Smash Lord
So does anyone know the origins of this remix? https://youtu.be/MTJquhSWrYM

I keep seeing different answers, some saying it was legit in brawl at some point, and some saying it's fanmade. I've never seen a concrete answer to this and was curious.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord

I keep seeing different answers, some saying it was legit in brawl at some point, and some saying it's fanmade. I've never seen a concrete answer to this and was curious.
Well, that answer is easy. It's partially true. Beware the Forest's Mushrooms did have a file in Brawl's listing but had no music to go with the file. That is, in fact, fanmade.

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237

It's a fan-made remix. There was a track with the filename "MORINOKINOKO" (Forest Mushrooms) that went unused in Brawl, but the track itself was removed from the game entirely.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Just caught up and I have one Doomsday scenario that no one brought up. (I find it incredibly unlikely with what others have been saying, but it should be mentioned)

So I know everyone has been on with what the bird pic means. Some say Geno, some Fire Emblem, Samurai Showdown Rep, etc.
Now IF we get an announcement next week, I think it is Fire Emblem. Why? Three Houses releases on the 26th of this month. Why not cash in on it closer to release?

HOWEVER, I agree that having a Direct after EVO, similar to what happened with the August Direct last year is the most likey. And I feel it would be a Smash Direct, just like last year.

Which now...What or Who could this Bird pic be pointing to?

EDIT: Even more people are joining us? Welcome!

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019

Having been around when this was first making its rounds shortly after Brawl's music was all datamined and ripped, I know for a fact that this is 100% not on Brawl's disc.

If I had to guess it's either from a defunct remix site or was posted on Newgrounds' audio portal. Super Mario RPG and the Forest Theme in particular were wildly popular on Newgrounds back in the day.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Given that Nintendo is doing maintenance for the E-Shop next week that runs until Tuesday, that to me says the DQ heroes likely will be out by Friday of next week. As for the rumored Direct, I have no idea what that could entail or the starling pic, but I'm fairly confident that Three Houses isn't it given that the game releases on Friday next week.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm going to be honest, I'd prefer Smash not get another Direct or major spotlight for as long as possible. As a fan of more than just Smash, I feel like our fan base has taken up way too much time of Nintendo's past year and a half of marketing. The March Direct's big closer was Smash. E3 last year was half Smash and it was the only really major announcement there. August had a Smash Direct. November had a Smash Direct. Nintendo's big announcement at the TGAs was Joker in Smash. And E3 this year both opened and pretty much closed with Smash... Only the September Direct and the February Directs haven't focused on Smash, and September still ended with a major reveal for Smash alongside the AC news...

I don't know, I'm kind of getting tired of Smash just getting all of the major spotlight despite it being my favorite series. Just let Smash have their usual Content Approaching videos and let Nintendo talk about other stuff in the Directs and venues as possible. That's one of the reasons I'm really hoping this doesn't turn out to be yet another Smash Direct. Just so Nintendo will spend more time on other things.

I get that doesn't necessarily spell well for another character... but that's kind of the point. Smash has had sooooo much time in the spotlight already.

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
Since I actually find this topic very interesting, i'll go into a bit more depth on the whole unused Brawl track thing. Enjoy Geno bros:

There's actually a lot of confusion over the track listing. While some believe that the track was Beware the Forest's Mushrooms, others have speculated that the track may have actually been Toadwood Forest from Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. The latter view stems from two main pieces of evidence:
  1. The tracks in Brawl were generally organised by chronological order, split by sub-series for the bigger franchises (for example; Mario is sorted by 2D Mario, RPG Mario, 3D Mario and Mario Kart). There were some exceptions though, which i'll get too.
  2. "A12_MORINOKINOKO" (letter is the franchise, which is Mario; while the number is, well, the track number) is ordered below tracks "A10_MLRPG01" (Brawl's Gritzy Desert remix) and "A11_MLRPG02" (an unused Mario & Luigi track).
While both of these facts together should signify that MORINOKINOKO is in fact a Mario & Luigi track, this is where the confusion and misinterpretation comes into play. Since many people payed more attention to the cut track file names than the used tracks, misinformation seems to have spread in regards to "A11_MLRPG02". In isolation, many interpreted the file name as meaning that the track would've come from Partners in Time (or, Mario & Luigi RPG 2x2 in Japan). However, Gritzy Desert's filename (MLRPG01) means that might not necessarily be the case, and it instead just means that the track would've been the second Mario & Luigi track included in the game. Ultimate's altered filename for Gritzy Desert ('a10_malrpg2_zarazarasabaku") only reinforced this misinterpretation, from what i've gathered.

This fact, combined with the MORINOKINOKO filename not fitting with the titles of the other Mario & Luigi tracks, may in fact imply that the track WAS Beware the Forest's Mushrooms after all. Brawl sorting it's tracks in chronological order may seem like it may break this whole counter-argument, but there is actually an example of tracks being in reverse chronological order right within the Mario tracklist! The 3D Mario tracks are ordered as follows: "A13_DOLPICTOWN" (Delfino Plaza), "A14_RICCOHARBOR" (Ricco Harbour) and "A15_MARIO64" (Main Theme - Super Mario 64). With the Mario 64 track being placed after the two Sunshine tracks, this opens up the potential for MORINOKINOKO to really be the track that everyone believed it was.

Thanks for reading to my ted talk I guess, lol. Smash's music filenames details and oddities is really an interesting topic not documented in many places. A buddy of mine (who I can thank for some of this info) is trying to fix that though.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I'm going to be honest, I'd prefer Smash not get another Direct or major spotlight for as long as possible. As a fan of more than just Smash, I feel like our fan base has taken up way too much time of Nintendo's past year and a half of marketing. The March Direct's big closer was Smash. E3 last year was half Smash and it was the only really major announcement there. August had a Smash Direct. November had a Smash Direct. Nintendo's big announcement at the TGAs was Joker in Smash. And E3 this year both opened and pretty much closed with Smash... Only the September Direct and the February Directs haven't focused on Smash, and September still ended with a major reveal for Smash alongside the AC news...

I don't know, I'm kind of getting tired of Smash just getting all of the major spotlight despite it being my favorite series. Just let Smash have their usual Content Approaching videos and let Nintendo talk about other stuff in the Directs and venues as possible. That's one of the reasons I'm really hoping this doesn't turn out to be yet another Smash Direct. Just so Nintendo will spend more time on other things.

I get that doesn't necessarily spell well for another character... but that's kind of the point. Smash has had sooooo much time in the spotlight already.
Honestly Eric sometimes I think you take being contrarian and elevate it to being an artform. I truly think this is your Sistine Chapel.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman

I understand where you're coming from but I personally disagree it's not as if Smash is taking up any possible announcements within those months or directs. Take the August direct it's not like they made it purely Smash instead of a general Direct they instead made it a Smash direct instead of nothing and instead of just another dry spell.

Smash doesn't really take away anything from those announcements if Smash didn't take up half of the E3 last year it wouldn't mean they could replace that with other announcements but instead the length would be cut in half and we wouldn't have gotten anything really big then and it would've been a bad direct in my opinion but instead they chose for Smash to be there and for it to be the big show stopper instead of cutting the time in half and making Fire Emblem the "Show stopper" or Daemon X Machina the "Show Stopper".

It's better to take those rather than nothing in my opinion and if we get a Smash Direct? Well it's better than yet another drought and it would even look good for a certain character.

I understand your point though and I can respect it Smash has taken up a lot of prominence in the last year and a half but that's to be expected from Nintendo's premier crossover and fighting game in my opinion. Never the less you aren't necessarily wrong I just respectfully disagree.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Since I actually find this topic very interesting, i'll go into a bit more depth on the whole unused Brawl track thing. Enjoy Geno bros:

There's actually a lot of confusion over the track listing. While some believe that the track was Beware the Forest's Mushrooms, others have speculated that the track may have actually been Toadwood Forest from Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. The latter view stems from two main pieces of evidence:
  1. The tracks in Brawl were generally organised by chronological order, split by sub-series for the bigger franchises (for example; Mario is sorted by 2D Mario, RPG Mario, 3D Mario and Mario Kart). There were some exceptions though, which i'll get too.
  2. "A12_MORINOKINOKO" (letter is the franchise, which is Mario; while the number is, well, the track number) is ordered below tracks "A10_MLRPG01" (Brawl's Gritzy Desert remix) and "A11_MLRPG02" (an unused Mario & Luigi track).
While both of these facts together should signify that MORINOKINOKO is in fact a Mario & Luigi track, this is where the confusion and misinterpretation comes into play. Since many people payed more attention to the cut track file names than the used tracks, misinformation seems to have spread in regards to "A11_MLRPG02". In isolation, many interpreted the file name as meaning that the track would've come from Partners in Time (or, Mario & Luigi RPG 2x2 in Japan). However, Gritzy Desert's filename (MLRPG01) means that might not necessarily be the case, and it instead just means that the track would've been the second Mario & Luigi track included in the game. Ultimate's altered filename for Gritzy Desert ('a10_malrpg2_zarazarasabaku") only reinforced this misinterpretation, from what i've gathered.

This fact, combined with the MORINOKINOKO filename not fitting with the titles of the other Mario & Luigi tracks, may in fact imply that the track WAS Beware the Forest's Mushrooms after all. Brawl sorting it's tracks in chronological order may seem like it may break this whole counter-argument, but there is actually an example of tracks being in reverse chronological order right within the Mario tracklist! The 3D Mario tracks are ordered as follows: "A13_DOLPICTOWN" (Delfino Plaza), "A14_RICCOHARBOR" (Ricco Harbour) and "A15_MARIO64" (Main Theme - Super Mario 64). With the Mario 64 track being placed after the two Sunshine tracks, this opens up the potential for MORINOKINOKO to really be the track that everyone believed it was.

Thanks for reading to my ted talk I guess, lol. Smash's music filenames details and oddities is really an interesting topic not documented in many places. A buddy of mine (who I can thank for some of this info) is trying to fix that though.
Wow...This is really fascinating! You good sir or madam, have enlightened me with this. Bravo.

I remember the days of people just going back and forth about this particular track. Also, if you were to couple this with Sakurai stating that he wanted Geno in Brawl...this seems pretty dang solid, nigh, impenetrable!

Last edited:

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
Anyways if we get that rumored/theorized Smash Direct and Geno is indeed a Bonus DLC Character I know I'll be playing this tune for the rest of the day I don't know about you all
I hope you're all right and that Geno is a Bonus DLC character but I doubt it. I'd still totally celebrate and groove along to that tune I just posted if I'm wrong which I would love to be.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
do the lyrics to rawest forest exist in written form anywhere? even to this day there's like 20% of it I have no idea what there saying

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Which now...What or Who could this Bird pic be pointing to?
I know its unpopular, but I still stand by its either Geno or Edelgard.

I lift my hat for you about this.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

HE’S IN LADS

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I'm going to be honest, I'd prefer Smash not get another Direct or major spotlight for as long as possible.
kirby doesn't get it.gif

do the lyrics to rawest forest exist in written form anywhere? even to this day there's like 20% of it I have no idea what there saying
Yeah they do. I think there's a slur in there somewhere, can't remember.
The guy singing the song isn't Kirbopher like this link says, though. It was written and sung by a guy named Martin Hagwell/"Märta". I think he's Swedish which is why the lyrics don't sound right.

Well, I say he wrote it but most of the song comes from a 2004 robo-voice song on Newgrounds. Märta did the rapping on top of this, Kirbopher made the animation, and the rest is history.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah they do. I think there's a slur in there somewhere, can't remember.
The guy singing the song isn't Kirbopher like this link says, though. It was written and sung by a guy named Martin Hagwell/"Märta". I think he's Swedish which is why the lyrics don't sound right.

alright thanks, I always just assumed that a lot of it was just dr. Seuss words designed for high WPS, but some of these feel just about as nonsensical.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
Okay I would like to get your opinions on this: My friend group was trying to debunk the whole NoA source hearing about Geno being in thing by saying that the NoA source at the time may have gotten it due to the Square Seven thing. You know with Sephiroth, Chrono, Sora, Erdrick, Slime, Luminary and of course Geno.

They said the NoA source very well may have heard it due to that sort of list thing and the timeline may match up with it as IIRC we first heard about the Square Seven around then and if Geno being in is true they kind of doubt that it would reach all the way from NoJ to whatever rank Sabi's NoA source is.

What do you all think? I would like for them to be wrong but I can't exactly deny that it sadly may be the case.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Okay I would like to get your opinions on this: My friend group was trying to debunk the whole NoA source hearing about Geno being in thing by saying that the NoA source at the time may have gotten it due to the Square Seven thing. You know with Sephiroth, Chrono, Sora, Erdrick, Slime, Luminary and of course Geno.
I don't know why a Square Enix internal leak prevention tool would make its way into Nintendo's offices

AugustusB

Smash Champion

They said the NoA source very well may have heard it due to that sort of list thing and the timeline may match up with it as IIRC we first heard about the Square Seven around then and if Geno being in is true they kind of doubt that it would reach all the way from NoJ to whatever rank Sabi's NoA source is.

What do you all think? I would like for them to be wrong but I can't exactly deny that it sadly may be the case.
Truly, it could be possible. My only doubt is, if that were the case, how have they been in the dark about that this whole time? I'd imagine they would have heard about the Square 7 and gotten confirmation about whether they were wrong or not. Thus, would have told Sabi and the people in the Private Geno Discord immediately upon hearing it.

That is just my two cents on that. Also, new Geno Avatar!

EDIT: Also what xpnc xpnc just stated.

Last edited:

MomijiInubashiri630

Smash Apprentice

As much as I don't think he is probably gonna make it, that's kind of weird reasoning...Nintendo has no reason to talk about Square's own stuff. If this were the case you'd be hearing Nintendo talk about Sephiroth. Who knows why they talked about Geno for whatever reason, I find it weird it was in NoA and not NoJ.

Last edited:

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why a Square Enix internal leak prevention tool would make its way into Nintendo's offices
The only reason I could think of is cause Geno himself is from a First Party franchise so he may have some special exception to being spread out to Nintendo. If it was anyone else that wouldn't make sense but Geno is from Nintendo's biggest and longest running IP.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
The only reason I could think of is cause Geno himself is from a First Party franchise so he may have some special exception to being spread out to Nintendo. If it was anyone else that wouldn't make sense but Geno is from Nintendo's biggest and longest running IP.
Even then, would Square leak bait the people they are working with? As in, they go talk to some execs at NoJ
Square "Hey we want you to spread this around the offices here and at NoA"
NoJ "Why...this is leak bait!?"
Square "No one must know we are only giving you DQ"
-guy comes running in "Sir, the list got leaked!"
Square "..........WHAT!?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom