• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
We technically have Goku anyway now with Erdick, Ryu with his orange costume and Lucario (who¨s English voice actor is Sean Schemmel)
So we need to Full Metal Alchemist them together? Then we can have Goku!?! I have some full armor close by in case this all backfires!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I think we're never going to figure out the bird. It's probably another blue crab situation where the reference is so obscure that he has to tell us what he was referring to afterwards and it's something no one ever would have put together.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I think we're never going to figure out the bird. It's probably another blue crab situation where the reference is so obscure that he has to tell us what he was referring to afterwards and it's something no one ever would have put together.
If that's the case (and I suspect you're right), then I don't think it's worth us entertaining future pictures. It's clearly become a "for show" event for the image provider or just coming up with a reason to create speculation. Leakers shouldn't create these puzzles to get to their supposed information. The information alone is hard enough to verify and can be incorrect anyway, which can just waste people's time and create false expectations.

All I've ever wanted from "leakers" is for them to be as transparent as possible (which means, direct upfront information and their thoughts on the information without endangerging themselves or their source). Anything but that more or less makes them less tolerable to me (Verge was guilty of a lot of this and not being clear, especially with regards to the Pokemon rep).

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This is very likely true, but that certainly won't stop people from trying to figure it out. The potential bragging rights are just too good to pass up. And heck, there is always something kinda fun about this sort of thing. Some great memes have been made about it on this thread.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
This is very likely true, but that certainly won't stop people from trying to figure it out. The potential bragging rights are just too good to pass up. And heck, there is always something kinda fun about this sort of thing. Some great memes have been made about it on this thread.
Agreed, we will not know unless we get told (Not likely) or another picture that goes along with this current one.

Bright side, it gave us something to do other than "Beautiful day isn't it?" "Eh its OK"

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman I dunno. He is very eccentric and, based on the almost 8 months I've known him, him making a super obscure reference is within his character. Plus, we know his identity, first and last name and where he works. If he was ultimately a con man, it would be ridiculously easy to expose him. There's 9 of us that could bring his world crashing down if we all of a sudden had a major beef with him. There's an extraordinary amount of trust that's exchanged in the relationship. It's not like we all have knives in our sleeves but he very well knows the stakes of sharing info with us and, frustrating as it can be, sometimes it's in the form of really weird hints.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
So we need to Full Metal Alchemist them together? Then we can have Goku!?! I have some full armor close by in case this all backfires!

Pretty much. This whole scenario becomes even funnier when you realize that Kyle Hebert aka the voice of adult Gohan is the voice of Ryu.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman I dunno. He is very eccentric and, based on the almost 8 months I've known him, him making a super obscure reference is within his character. Plus, we know his identity, first and last name and where he works. If he was ultimately a con man, it would be ridiculously easy to expose him. There's 9 of us that could bring his world crashing down if we all of a sudden had a major beef with him. There's an extraordinary amount of trust that's exchanged in the relationship. It's not like we all have knives in our sleeves but he very well knows the stakes of sharing info with us and, frustrating as it can be, sometimes it's in the form of really weird hints.
I wouldn't say that, he's a good friend regardless of what he knows.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I will unironically support Luffy over Goku in Smash Bros. You can do so much more with him than Goku and he's basically an actually decent version of an ARMS rep. If I was picking a Shounen character, he'd be it in a heartbeat. It's probably unpopular as ****, but I'm totally down to nuke the no "outside video games" rule and see where the series takes us at this point. Hell, I think that's how you do something to follow-up Ultimate would just be to abandon the huge roster and go for something like Smash Bros X Jump Superstars that retains the gameplay but overhauls the roster in a genuinely unique way.
I honestly want a Fighter Pass of Shonen Jump characters being Goku, Luffy, Jotaro, Midoriya and... well I guess the only other choice it could be is Naruto. Like having those five in Smash Bros would be KILLER. If I ever get a magic lamp that's going to be my first wish.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
.....I think I might need to step away from Smashboards forever soon......

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I honestly want a Fighter Pass of Shonen Jump characters being Goku, Luffy, Jotaro, Midoriya and... well I guess the only other choice it could be is Naruto. Like having those five in Smash Bros would be KILLER. If I ever get a magic lamp that's going to be my first wish.
I rather have them against Nintendo characters in a different game (see my Shonen Jump vs Nintendo comment)

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I rather have them against Nintendo characters in a different game (see my Shonen Jump vs Nintendo comment)
But we can't get Jotaro's Star Platinum to go against Joker's Arsene in a Shonen Jump vs Nintendo. We got a bunch of great characters in Smash Bros Ultimate, so why not have them join in. Let Midoriya Smash.
But if we get any Shonen Jump Vs it needs to be against Capcom. Strider vs Naruto, Goku vs Ryu, bring in Asura's Wrath. Holy Crap, the match up against the Capcom characters and Shonen Jump characters would be amazing.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
But we can't get Jotaro's Star Platinum to go against Joker's Arsene in a Shonen Jump vs Nintendo. We got a bunch of great characters in Smash Bros Ultimate, so why not have them join in. Let Midoriya Smash.
But if we get any Shonen Jump Vs it needs to be against Capcom. Strider vs Naruto, Goku vs Ryu, bring in Asura's Wrath. Holy Crap, the match up against the Capcom characters and Shonen Jump characters would be amazing.
Because if Shonen Jump characters would be added, we might as well rename Super Smash Bros to Mugen. SSB is meant to be a celebration of videogames...

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Because if Shonen Jump characters would be added, we might as well rename Super Smash Bros to Mugen. SSB is meant to be a celebration of videogames...
I don't see anything wrong with adding non-video game characters into Smash Bros. We got Piranha Plant as a DLC Fighter, any kind of seriousness or respect of dignity went out the window once that thing became playable.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I don't see anything wrong with adding non-video game characters into Smash Bros. We got Piranha Plant as a DLC Fighter, any kind of seriousness or respect of dignity went out the window once that thing became playable.
Seriously, STOP IT.

We get it. You don't like PP.

There is literally nothing wrong with the character's inclusion, but you have a passionate hate-boner for a character Sakurai had full creative decision over when he literally handed everyone what they wanted with nearly every other pick.

Stop complaining, and stop bringing it up. Think of something positive to say for a change, or at the very least stop slamming that character,

It's already very old.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Seriously? You use Piranha Plant... a character that is one of the most recognizable videogame villains of all time that they should kill the soul and purpose of what Super Smash Bros is about? I can respect if you want the Shonen characters in Smash (even though I don¨t get why you would like to open the floodgate for characters like Shrek and Spongebob which that would basically do) but I can¨t for the life of me take your PP argument serious what so ever concidering its not a good argument for Shonen characters concidering PP fits the soul and purpose of what Smash is all about

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Seriously, STOP IT.

There is literally nothing wrong with the character's inclusion, but you have a passionate hate-boner for a character Sakurai had full creative decision over when he literally handed everyone what they wanted with nearly every other pick.

Stop complaining, and stop bringing it up. Think of something positive to say for a change, or at the very least stop slamming that character,

It's already very old.
It's the truth. Look at the roster, look at all the weird characters that we got, the third party like Joker, and Piranha Plant. If we're still sitting here saying a Shonen Jump character being added is crossing the line then clearly we're not acknowledging of bizarre the roster is, so adding Goku or Luffy would only help it.

And yeah, I really do hate Piranha Plant. It's the only character that I hate in that roster. I like everyone from Mario to Incineroar and from Joker to Banjo, I don't care what Sakurai was thinking when it comes to Piranha Plant to me it still stands as one of his worst decisions in Smash Bros history and nothing will ever change my mind. I'll take tripping over that.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Seriously, STOP IT.

It's already very old.
To be fair, I also hate Piranha Plant lol

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
It's the truth. Look at the roster, look at all the weird characters that we got, the third party like Joker, and Piranha Plant. If we're still sitting here saying a Shonen Jump character being added is crossing the line then clearly we're not acknowledging of bizarre the roster is, so adding Goku or Luffy would only help it.

And yeah, I really do hate Piranha Plant. It's the only character that I hate in that roster. I like everyone from Mario to Incineroar and from Joker to Banjo, I don't care what Sakurai was thinking when it comes to Piranha Plant to me it still stands as one of his worst decisions in Smash Bros history and nothing will ever change my mind. I'll take tripping over that.
Think one of the most recognizable villains don¨t fit in Super Smash Bros - don¨t complaint about Wii Fit trainer.
You do realize that Shonen Jump characters are not videogame character? That's why it would cross the line, unlike PP.

If you don¨t like PP that's fine... but that doesn¨t change the fact that it fits perfectly in the game concidering what Smash is all about and what status it has in videogame history.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Seriously? You use Piranha Plant... a character that is one of the most recognizable videogame villains of all time that they should kill the soul and purpose of what Super Smash Bros is about? I can respect if you want the Shonen characters in Smash (even though I don¨t get why you would like to open the floodgate for characters like Shrek and Spongebob which that would basically do) but I can¨t for the life of me take your PP argument serious what so ever concidering its not a good argument for Shonen characters concidering PP fits the soul and purpose of what Smash is all about
Piranha Plant is scrapping the bottom of the barrel pick of Nintendo characters because Sakurai didn't want to include any new Nintendo franchise in Smash Bros or Waluigi, which is why Piranha Plant will be the last Nintendo character ever added into Smash Bros Ultimate. Once we start adding in mook enemies we official hit rock bottom of Nintendo characters, which is why the Fighters Pass is only third parties since there's no one left Sakurai wants to add in on the Nintendo side.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, no. Drop it. Enough with this ridiculous amount of hate. It's off-topic and goes well beyond basic detracting here. Outright bashing is taking it too far.

No continuing on from anyone's end either. Just let it go. And don't bring up PP anymore. It's nothing but an obvious derail and does not belong in this thread whatsoever. It was pretty foolish on my part to let it even go on super far last time. I should not have responded and force a rerail way faster. That was my faux pas. This is not going to happen again. Continuation of this after this post will be treated as Spam with no exceptions. Enough is enough. This isn't up for debate either on this thread(and I can tell you right now that PM'ing me won't help. I am beyond clear on this, so don't waste your time). You can feel free to take it to Forum Support if you want, though.

This is clearly blunt and harsh, admittedly. I don't like doing this, but after last time, I don't have a choice but to put my foot down hard.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Just a thought. Concidering Chrom is a Mii costume, do we call it completely over or could there still be a chance?

Oaterinos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5149 9306 1606
Personally I still think there would be a chance. So far the only like, HARD deconfirm, has been assist trophies. Since they're supposed to be fighters that didn't quite make it.

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
Just a thought. Concidering Chrom is a Mii costume, do we call it completely over or could there still be a chance?
Chrom's Mii Costume (alongside other carryovers from Smash 4) being in Ultimate's base game feels like a different case from Geno's Mii Costume hypothetically being DLC again. I don't think they would have people pay for the Mii Costume, and then release the actual character as a fighter within the same installment. The existing Mii Costumes based on Fighters were either:
  1. Added after their fighter was already in the game (Mario, Link (x2), Samus, Yoshi, Fox and Captain Falcon are the only pre-Ultimate fighters to have Mii Costumes, and all of them are 64 veterans).
  2. Added in the game before their fighter was introduced, but returned anyway (seen with Inkling, K. Rool, Chrom and Isabelle returning from Smash 4). It's important to note that all of these costumes were no longer DLC, but just a part of a base game alongside the fighters they represent.
Geno wouldn't line-up with either, so i'd see a Mii Costume as the final nail in his coffin.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
mfw.png
As for my stance on all the birdposting, I think the starling image most likely means something, but it'll be another blue crab situation where we'll have no idea what it is until it's eventually revealed and we all feel stupid about it. So basically, not worth giving much thought to ATM.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>picking Luffy as a stretchy inflatable person when both Lola Pop and Lanky Kong exist

D_YxMI7UYAA21F5.png

Image by KuroGipson.

Personally I still think there would be a chance. So far the only like, HARD deconfirm, has been assist trophies. Since they're supposed to be fighters that didn't quite make it.
I agree on this. The person behind the supposed Waluigi leak is in denial.

At least costumes and ATs occasionally mean the character is kept in mind or acknowledged.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Good morning all you bird lovers! Saw a Cardinal today.

Would be nice to get an announcement for a direct today.

link2702

Smash Champion
Our board has officially lost its mind over some image of a bird....

You might say we’ve gone....

cuckoo

My god that was terrible...

Ovaltine

Smash Master
At least if this doesn't turn out to be related to Geno, we can take solace in the fact that we've made some amazing bird memes along the way.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I'm thinking this stuff over and I'm convinced that this starling bird picture has nothing to do with Geno in Smash Bros. Them announcing the fourth DLC fighter after talking about The Hero but before talking about Banjo just doesn't make sense. Why would they talk about the fourth DLC Fighter when it takes so long for these guys to finally get released?
People are going insane just waiting a month after The Hero's reveal, I think they're wait to talk about the fourth fighter after Banjo is just about ready.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm thinking this stuff over and I'm convinced that this starling bird picture has nothing to do with Geno in Smash Bros. Them announcing the fourth DLC fighter after talking about The Hero but before talking about Banjo just doesn't make sense. Why would they talk about the fourth DLC Fighter when it takes so long for these guys to finally get released?
People are going insane just waiting a month after The Hero's reveal, I think they're wait to talk about the fourth fighter after Banjo is just about ready.
Probably but there's not really much else to talk about right now anyways. It's refreshing either way. "Something" new is more than likely coming and that's enough to warrant my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom