• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Just a thought:

What if the lupin post is real. There was no mention of an extra character, then what if the bird was a geno hint. We likely won't see fighter pass 4 and 5 for a while.

Just imagine the agony of sitting on this hint for so long. Not likely given the past hints, but my god man.
Honestly, the thing that makes that leak the hardest to swallow is 3 more Final Fantasy tracks... I have a hard time understanding on why it would come with a DLC pack if we basically get them for free aka added bonus when it's Square we are talking about...

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Alright, will throw my cents into who that birdie can be:
1.- Geno: Star pun.
2.- Nakoruru: She uses a similar bird to fight.
3.- :blegh: Another accursed FE character.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Alright, will throw my cents into who that birdie can be:
1.- Geno: Star pun.
2.- Nakoruru: She uses a similar bird to fight.
3.- :blegh: Another accursed FE character.
Nakoruru could be neet if this doesn¨t points towards Geno

T2by4

Smash Lord
Just a thought:

What if the lupin post is real. There was no mention of an extra character, then what if the bird was a geno hint. We likely won't see fighter pass 4 and 5 for a while.

Just imagine the agony of sitting on this hint for so long. Not likely given the past hints, but my god man.
I've thought about that. Ya'll remember when the Smash website had that glitch and accidentally had 2 more slots in addition to the 5 dlc characters. Kind of hoping that's real...

SwordOfSeals

Smash Cadet
If anyone remembers that Milk BOSATU Guy on Twitter (who since then changed his name) the that was talking about a female fighting game character with a flying weapon, it seems through roughly trying to understand what he said through translation that he also said he heard of a character from a series/franchise/company (I don’t know which) already represented in Smash. At first when I seen this I was thinking Lloyd or Leon but if this guy actually has a source, you never know the last two characters he may be hinting at may be Nakoruru and Geno who knows...

Google Translation:

Joker: Hero of Persona 5 (Atlas: Not shown)
Hero: The hero of Dorakue (sukueni: already appeared)
Bancas: Protagonists of Banjo and Kazooie's Adventures
? ? ? :? ? ? 'S main character (???: not yet?)
? ? ? :? ? ? 'S main character (???: already appeared?)

It might be like this

Attachments

T2by4

Smash Lord
If anyone remembers that Milk BOSATU Guy on Twitter (who since then changed his name) the that was talking about a female fighting game character with a flying weapon, it seems through roughly trying to understand what he said through translation that he also said he heard of a character from a series/franchise/company (I don’t know which) already represented in Smash. At first when I seen this I was thinking Lloyd or Leon but if this guy actually has a source, you never know the last two characters he may be hinting at may be Nakoruru and Geno who knows...

Google Translation:

Joker: Hero of Persona 5 (Atlas: Not shown)
Hero: The hero of Dorakue (sukueni: already appeared)
Bancas: Protagonists of Banjo and Kazooie's Adventures
? ? ? :? ? ? 'S main character (???: not yet?)
? ? ? :? ? ? 'S main character (???: already appeared?)

It might be like this
But notice how they say the hero has already appeared, which was not the case.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
female fighting game character with a flying weapon
Then that could fit with Nakoruru... which would be an odd choice for a fourth character after the likes of Joker, Hero, and Banjo...

At first when I seen this I was thinking Lloyd or Leon
I mean.. we don¨t have the horror genre represented and Namco is long overdue with another rep :/

SwordOfSeals

Smash Cadet
But notice how they say the hero has already appeared, which was not the case.
Within the Context he’s listing the Characters, their game titles and if their company they are from has already appeared. That’s why for Atlus is says not shown, and for Hero it shows already shown as in Square Enix already has representation. Since his guess around from what he heard for character #4 was that the characters company hasn’t been shown or represented I would guess that would be the female fighting game character he insists on being in which would fit Nakoruru being from SNK in all. Now #5 could be anyone from Leon since Capcom’s represented, Lloyd since Namcos represented, or even Geno since Nintendo and Square have representation. Of course this is if any of that stuff is true.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Killing me waiting to see if the Geno costume comes with Dragon Quest guy.

---

Here's an update on the pixel art I was making BTW if anyone was curious

Darkside4Update.png

I had to shrink a couple of them to make them more to scale.

The frog, for example, has more detail in the full size

P2.png

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
The problem I have with this picture hint it feels different from the others.
-The blue crab picture hinted to an enemy in Link's Awakening. It could only have been that.
-The bear and bird with the 'Puzzle Witch' picture was for Banjo and Kazooie. It could only have been them.
-This bird on a roof. We know its an European Starling. NOW it could be multiple things?

I want to compare this to the first picture hint we got. A literal blue crab = blue crab enemy in Link's Awakening. Matches pretty well (Though obscure if not familiar with that game)
If it were for Haroruku, it would have been a Hawk. European Starling ≠ Hawk.

If it were for Edelgard, it would have been a Black Eagle. European Starling ≠ Black Eagle.

Now the argument can be made for Geno as well. European Starling ≠ Wooden Doll.

Not sure what case I am trying to make, but comparing to the other hints we got in the past, this one feels different.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Within the Context he’s listing the Characters, their game titles and if their company they are from has already appeared. That’s why for Atlus is says not shown, and for Hero it shows already shown as in Square Enix already has representation. Since his guess around from what he heard for character #4 was that the characters company hasn’t been shown or represented I would guess that would be the female fighting game character he insists on being in which would fit Nakoruru being from SNK in all. Now #5 could be anyone from Leon since Capcom’s represented, Lloyd since Namcos represented, or even Geno since Nintendo and Square have representation. Of course this is if any of that stuff is true.
Nakoruru would just be such a weird choice. She could be neat, don¨t get me wrong. But push her as a character after the likes of Banjo when Samurai Showdown isn¨t exactly the biggest franchise. There is also the fact that when it comes to female characters in fighting games, Chun-Li is the most iconic one (who actually have somewhat of a follow for Smash)

If it were for Edelgard, it would have been a Black Eagle. European Starling ≠ Black Eagle.
NLmq3n47.jpg

I certainly wouldn¨t disqualify Edelgard

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Nakoruru would just be such a weird choice. She could be neat, don¨t get me wrong. But push her as a character after the likes of Banjo when Samurai Showdown isn¨t exactly the biggest franchise. There is also the fact that when it comes to female characters in fighting games, Chun-Li is the most iconic one (who actually have somewhat of a follow for Smash)

View attachment 231510View attachment 231510
Can you spoil/get rid of the repeat picture?

Edit: Nevermind, you just did it.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

View attachment 231510
Alright, to abuse a bit on the etiquette stuff, I'm gonna claim Professor Layton can be the represented character too.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman

AugustusB

Smash Champion
If the House was called the Black Starlings, I would give it to them. But I am saying, compared to the other hints we got before, it does not add up.

I would be pretty ecstatic if Edelgard got in. I saw that Starling thing awhile back and thought the same thing. If you did not see my findings yesterday, apparently, European Starlings were considered to speak for the Gods in Ancient Rome, https://www.audubon.org/news/how-starlings-spoke-gods-ancient-rome
Can't disqualify Geno with this knowledge. "I serve...a HIGHER Authority!" (This one I doubt, but thought it was kind of neat. Also, what are the odds!?)

EDIT: But of course, I might be looking to hard at this poor bird. If I stare long enough...the abyss stares back.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
AugustusB AugustusB I get what you're saying. Like I said, his hints are always deliberate, sometimes to an excruciating degree like the crab. Using a super forgettable enemy to tease Link's Awakening is about as vague as you can get but ultimately makes sense in context but, like now, we didn't get the context. In actuality, Link washing up on *checks notes* Koholint Island's shoreline is a very iconic scene in the Zelda canon but we were kind of missing the forest through the trees or, rather, the shoreline through the crabs. We thought the crab was the take-away but it was merely part of the bigger picture. It may be the same case with the bird/starling.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Highly doubting that it’s Edelgard specifically because you can type “black eagle” into Google and find the actual type of bird. They’re real, so it would’ve made more sense to just post a picture considering how on the nose the last few hint pictures have been.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
AugustusB AugustusB I get what you're saying. Like I said, his hints are always deliberate, sometimes to an excruciating degree like the crab. Using a super forgettable enemy to tease Link's Awakening is about as vague as you can get but ultimately makes sense in context but, like now, we didn't get the context. In actuality, Link washing up on *checks notes* Koholint Island's shoreline is a very iconic scene in the Zelda canon but we were kind of missing the forest through the trees or, rather, the shoreline through the crabs. We thought the crab was the take-away but it was merely part of the bigger picture. It may be the same case with the bird/starling.
It very well might be, this much I failed to consider (or rather, forgot lol). So thank you for bringing me down a peg. Do you, or anyone, have that picture? I only remember the Crab so I might need a refresher.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
If the House was called the Black Starlings, I would give it to them. But I am saying, compared to the other hints we got before, it does not add up.

I would be pretty ecstatic if Edelgard got in. I saw that Starling thing awhile back and thought the same thing. If you did not see my findings yesterday, apparently, European Starlings were considered to speak for the Gods in Ancient Rome, https://www.audubon.org/news/how-starlings-spoke-gods-ancient-rome
Can't disqualify Geno with this knowledge. "I serve...a HIGHER Authority!" (This one I doubt, but thought it was kind of neat lol)
I know about the Gods of Ancient Rome... Anyway, here are some other indications besides the starling screenshot and what I also pointed out.
A) Nintendo and Intelligent System is pushing her hard. She is going to have two routes compared to Dimitri and Claude that only have one
B) The team song is literally about her https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u-6_T_ZxL8&ab_channel=MasterEnex and named after her (its called Young Lady of Hresvelg )https://nintendosoup.com/fire-emble...-theme-song-is-called-young-lady-of-hresvelg/
C) A big deal of the game is the crest of the gods (going back to the Gods of ancient Rome)

The Mii Sword Fighter and Duck Hunt Duo is said to be the beta models for Banjo & Kazooie and Hero sort of like how ZSS was the beta for Bayonetta. Why do I mention that? Well. go back to the supposed Jane character that was together with Joker that we saw nothing about. Who isn¨t to say that Joker is a beta for someone else.. and I could easily see him being so for Edelgard judging by the terms of character she is in looks and attacks of what has been seen in the trailer. She also has hair that contains ponytails to an extent.

So again... I agree with y'all that it certainly looks in Geno's favor (even though I¨m skeptic due to spirit and fighter icon) and I sure as hedge hope it's him. I also don¨t want her in because of so many FE characters.. But all things considered, I would not count her out, unfortunately.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I know about the Gods of Ancient Rome... Anyway, here are some other indications besides the starling screenshot and what I also pointed out.
A) Nintendo and Intelligent System is pushing her hard. She is going to have two routes compared to Dimitri and Claude that only have one
B) The team song is literally about her https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u-6_T_ZxL8&ab_channel=MasterEnex and named after her (its called Young Lady of Hresvelg )https://nintendosoup.com/fire-emble...-theme-song-is-called-young-lady-of-hresvelg/
C) A big deal of the game is the crest of the gods (going back to the Gods of ancient Rome)

The Mii Sword Fighter and Duck Hunt Duo is said to be the beta models for Banjo & Kazooie and Hero sort of like how ZSS was the beta for Bayonetta. Why do I mention that? Well. go back to the supposed Jane character that was together with Joker that we saw nothing about. Who isn¨t to say that Joker is a beta for someone else.. and I could easily see him being so for Edelgard judging by the terms of character she is in looks and attacks of what has been seen in the trailer. She also has hair that contains ponytails to an extent.

So again... I agree with y'all that it certainly looks in Geno's favor (even though I¨m skeptic due to spirit and fighter icon) and I sure as hedge hope it's him. I also don¨t want her in because of so many FE characters.. But all things considered, I would not count her out, unfortunately.
I’d say Jane was more-likely a scrapped Kasumi alt. since it included a ponytail and seemed to be formatted for the 6th (maybe 7th since the first may have been 0) costume slot, since it came right after Jack stuff on the same line of code.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I’d say Jane was more-likely a scrapped Kasumi alt. since it included a ponytail and seemed to be formatted for the 6th (maybe 7th since the first may have been 0) costume slot, since it came right after Jack stuff on the same line of code.
I think that's the cause as well, but I wouldn¨t be surprised if it truly was for another character, no matter if its Edelgard or whoever it could be.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I agree that it's Kasumi, but I don't think it was a scrapped alt. But that's an entirely different topic and thread.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Anyway... If Geno is a DLC fighter, do you think he is in a part of the 5 or ends up being another Piranha Plant so to speak?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Well, listen here, y'all. If this turns out to be nothing, don't look at this as reason to grow silent. In fact, use this as a reason to get louder. We want to see our boy come back? Fight. Keep fighting. Don't give up. I know it sounds tempting to, trust me, I do, but this is just another sign to me that we need to be even louder for Nintendo and Square to understand how much our boy means to us.

LET'S BE LOUD. LET'S DO IT.
I mean, have you SEEN any of my posts?

LOUD IS MY DEFAULT GIRLFRIEND!

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
God so obscure...If he never told y'all what it actually was, NO ONE could have guessed (right) what this pic was hinting at.

EDIT: Icewolff92 Icewolff92 I am not sure where Geno would lie IF they were a fighter. Would be awesome to be in the pass, but a Bonus seems more plausible.
Yeah, my guess is a bonus to... Maybe even a DLC pass that they take fan favorites that got the spirit/AT treatment (Geno, Isaac, Waluigi, etc)

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Main thing that makes me doubt this is that there's a whopping four new Mii swordsmen outfits: Lloyd, Daruga Knight, and the two versions of Byelth. Would they really do that? Having a ton of Namco characters with the Square characters would be kind of weird too. I feel like that would sort of be a soft deconfirmation of a Namco rep down the line.
There's no reason to believe Mii Costume theory besides Knuckles and Tails coming back with Joker, so I think it makes sense. I also don't think Sakurai really gives a **** about Mii Swordfighter costumes vs others. Is the "representational balance of the Mii fighter costumes" really worth giving a damn about when they're already essentially niche microtransactions? Focus on the characters being chosen, not some arbitrary quota seems like the better way to go given how little they actually matter. And yeah, it would more than likely deconfirm a future Bandai Namco rep, which I see as entirely possible (or maybe imply Dark Souls or another series despite Tales and Tekken being the frontrunners).

Actually we didn't... Most of us assumed it was Pikmin related. I remember when he actually explained the hint in the aftermath and we all kind of responded in the same way... "are you ****ing kidding me?!" Even when King Zell said a 2D Zelda was coming, we didn't put two and two together. I think someone might have jokingly guessed a Link's Awakening remake at some point but quickly dropped it as it didn't spur a response from Sabi's source.
I'm still curious about the legitimacy of that specific picture though. Is there any way to really verify that's what it was meant to be all along? That's another moment that seems to be theatrical and suspenseful for the sake of it as opposed to anything else given the complete obscurity of the reference.

Let's take a second out of speculation and check this out. One Piece and Pokemon Go https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1150954198412005376?s=19

This reminds of when this happenesView attachment 231506
Luffy for Smash Bros when?
I will unironically support Luffy over Goku in Smash Bros. You can do so much more with him than Goku and he's basically an actually decent version of an ARMS rep. If I was picking a Shounen character, he'd be it in a heartbeat. It's probably unpopular as ****, but I'm totally down to nuke the no "outside video games" rule and see where the series takes us at this point. Hell, I think that's how you do something to follow-up Ultimate would just be to abandon the huge roster and go for something like Smash Bros X Jump Superstars that retains the gameplay but overhauls the roster in a genuinely unique way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom