• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

Smash Master
It sounds like you accidentally unlocked the secret bad ending.
Not gonna lie, if this ended up as our timeline, I would personally fly to Japan just to kick Sakurai and all ranking members of corporate Nintendo in the groin with a steel-toed boot.

Airport security: "Are you here for business or pleasure?"

(Metal detector goes off as I walk through with a clank)

Me: "Business..."

Last edited:

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
I don’t think we had a spirit event for a brand new series in a while didn’t we? Here’s hoping for an event that removes less competition for Geno like a Square series.
I think the last spirit event that was a new series was the Octopath Traveler.

The reason I think we're getting new spirits is because someone in the Newcomer Speculation thread (I sometimes lurk there just to see what's going on) pointed out we've always gotten new spirits after a new character's tournament, and Steve's tournament happened last week.

I'm not really hoping for anyone's most wanted character to be disconfirmed, but something like that would be an interesting shake-up at the very least.
Me neither, but like you said it might fuel speculation some more. We'll wait and see. Just a few hours.

Last edited:

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I remember how excited I was for the Fighter’s Ballot. I can’t remember what I wrote down for my reason why I voted for Geno, but I approached it as if it was a college admissions essay. I could finally tell the powers that be at Nintendo who I wanted after all these years.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I think the last spirit event that was a new series was the Octopath Traveler.

The reason I think we're getting new spirits is because someone in the Newcomer Speculation thread (I sometimes lurk there just to see what's going on) pointed out we've always gotten new spirits after a new character's tournament, and Steve's tournament happened last week.

Me neither, but like you said it might fuel speculation some more. We'll wait and see. Just a few hours.
Just want to say, as a Minecraft fan I loved seeing all of the Smash character's tools remade in the pixel art style of Minecraft's inventory.

Can't wait to see the modders put these in actual MC.

Last edited:

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
I voted for Snake, even though I never played him or Metal Gear Solid. At least the Ballot influenced characters in Ultimate like Banjo, K. Rool, and the Belmonts so that's nice.
I remember how excited I was for the Fighter’s Ballot. I can’t remember what I wrote down for my reason why I voted for Geno, but I approached it as if it was a college admissions essay. I could finally tell the powers that be at Nintendo who I wanted after all these years.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Just want to say, as a Minecraft fan I loved seeing all of the Smash character's tools remade in the pixel art style of Minecraft's inventory.

Can't wait to see the modders put these in actual MC.
That is really cool! Sakurai and his team put so much love and references into this game that it is insane. I have no doubt in my mind Geno and all of his Super Mario RPG content will be perfect.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Betting this week, we finally get the LM3 Spirit event. This is the week of Halloween, and it's on this Saturday!
That’s a good point, we’re overdue on LM3 spirits so lining it up with Halloween would be perfect. On the other hand, I can also see No More Heroes spirits being added with the Travis Mii Costume being added recently.
If it’s a “major deconfirm” event though? Now that I am scared of.

Firox

Smash Master
If I would’ve known Geno’s status by now , I wouldn’t give a **** about speculation. I want to walk away, but I can’t because “oh he might be in.” Why must they play with my emotions?!
See, that's the screwed up thing about Nintendo. They purposely refuse to tell us PRECISELY because we would move on if they did. They are literally holding our emotions and nostalgia hostage to stay relevant. I can't really blame them for a sound strategy, but I don't have to like it.

Last edited:

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
See, that's the screwed up thing about Nintendo. They purposely refuse to tell us PRECISELY because we would move on if they did. They are literally holding our emotions and nostalgia ransom to stay relevant. I can't really blame them for a sound strategy, but I don't have to like it.
With world events the way they are, it’s nice to have speculation to take my mind off of what’s going on. I have a life and stuff and I work hard at my job, and I don’t really have anything to write home about for my sports teams or entertainment for that matter. Speculation and rumor mills create cash I guess. But hey, if Geno gets revealed it’ll all be worth it. Just hope I don’t get grey hair before it happens. I’m 33 years old and have waited what’s going on 25 years now to play as Geno again.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Basically, all "leaks" post Byleth are fake and the only possible sources of inside info are Sakurai himself or a completely accidental jumping-the-gun by Nintendo itself or one of their advertisers (like the SNK leak). Fortunately for Geno, all notable leaks referencing him happened prior to the full info lockdown and the current lack of his Mii costume is circumstantial evidence.
Oh how convenient. Only before Byleth.

Cacomallow is dead to me.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
As all of you has been saying. I couldn't care less of Smash' Speculation if/when Geno got in. In FP1 there was only 1 character I wanted. And that character was Banjo. When Banjo was announced I said "I alredy got the character I wanted, Idc on who CP4 and CP5 are". I grew with SNK's IP. Overall with Metal Slug and I always wanted an SNK Rep so I was omega happy when the SNK Copyright Leak happened. Even I wanted Kyo from KOF or Marco from Metal Slug I knew that it will be Terry but I was happy and with Byleth. When we didn't got a TH Spirit Event/Mii Costume I knew Byleth was a lock for DLC so I wasn't mad. I just expect it in CP6-7-8, not in CP5. Geno represents for FP2 what Banjo represented for me in FP1, both SMRPG and BK were huge in my childhood and both still being some of my All Time favorite games, that's why I spend a lot of hours of my life in this thread. Because Geno means to much for me. That's why I want Geno early in the Pass, because if that happen I will say, ok Idc on who is in the rest of the pass. I wasn't mad at Min-Min, I always wanted an Arms Rep and she was the most cool Imo and I have spend countless hours on Minecraft so I also was happy with Steve but I want our starboi. If/When he got revealed you will forgot me. I will take a eternal rest from Speculation. Ultimate gave me a lot of characters I always wanted: Inkling, Daisy, Simon, Richter, Dark Samus, K. Rool, Banjo, Terry, Min-Min and Steve. If it gives me Geno I will be forever happy.
Pd: I think we are getting a Spirit Event today and it will be polemic like the Astral Chain, Resident Evil or Paper Mario ones

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
A lot of us are done in Smash speculation (talking about myself, I’m done in all gaming wishes) when Geno joins the battle.

Even if like some others, they very far away like my love for Geno. The only one that was side to side with Geno, is Mega Man, which was my favorite reveal ever in history. Geno will surpass that, though.

Im a Geno fan since 1997 and been wishing him since Smash 64 (alone with friends). On the online scene just since WiiU-Ultimate. Geno playable will make me be the 7 (or maximium 8 years) kid I was when I got SMRPG in my hands. Since that, I have never forgotten him and it gave me goosebumps when I remember him or his music.

This is happening guys and girls, Geno is a fighter already and it will show up soon. Don’t you realize? Are you that blind? Everything that happens lean towards Geno’s chances. Min Min proves that Spirit do not deconfirm; Steve proves that a fighter from a company already represented in FP1, can take another spot. Still missing costume, mod and songs takedowns, fan demanded characters already in, not being included in Hero’s pack, perfect fit in terms of design and mostly, moveset, and last but not least, Sakurai’s approval.

Geno is a 100%.

Remember QQS words.

Have a nice week :) and remember that GENO AWAKENS! is a reality.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Even if Geno is next, I'm sticking around in speculation until the final character. There are still plenty of characters after Geno I'd love to see, but I'll be happy with anyone as long as our puppet friend returns. Overall, Fighter's Pass 2 has really satisfied me. Min Min and Steve are both awesome, and I'm glad Arms got a chance to get a character in the greatest crossover ever. Piranha Plant, Joker, Hero, Banjo, and Byleth are also pretty good. Terry is my least favorite DLC character, but I can't deny that SNK has had a big impact on gaming. Do wish we had some Crystalis content in Smash though.

Overall, I have very little doubt Geno and Crash will join this epic crossover. Porky and Isaac seem likely too. Geno will return, he just needs us to wait a little bit longer.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
A lot of us are done in Smash speculation (talking about myself, I’m done in all gaming wishes) when Geno joins the battle.

Even if like some others, they very far away like my love for Geno. The only one that was side to side with Geno, is Mega Man, which was my favorite reveal ever in history. Geno will surpass that, though.

Im a Geno fan since 1997 and been wishing him since Smash 64 (alone with friends). On the online scene just since WiiU-Ultimate. Geno playable will make me be the 7 (or maximium 8 years) kid I was when I got SMRPG in my hands. Since that, I have never forgotten him and it gave me goosebumps when I remember him or his music.

This is happening guys and girls, Geno is a fighter already and it will show up soon. Don’t you realize? Are you that blind? Everything that happens lean towards Geno’s chances. Min Min proves that Spirit do not deconfirm; Steve proves that a fighter from a company already represented in FP1, can take another spot. Still missing costume, mod and songs takedowns, fan demanded characters already in, not being included in Hero’s pack, perfect fit in terms of design and mostly, moveset, and last but not least, Sakurai’s approval.

Geno is a 100%.

Remember QQS words.

Have a nice week :) and remember that GENO AWAKENS! is a reality.
Well said. I think the people who were around our age, I was 9 during SMRPG, feel that Geno is the representative of all of us getting into Smash Ultimate. I believe our wishes will come true!

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
I think that Wednesday or Thursday will have either a Partner's Showcase or an Age of Calamity direct that could go over a few more details before the game's release and maybe announce a demo at the end? Just a thought.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
I think that Wednesday or Thursday will have either a Partner's Showcase or an Age of Calamity direct that could go over a few more details before the game's release and maybe announce a demo at the end? Just a thought.
Let''s see if they announce a Partner Showcase at midnight. I wonder what will be in this one.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Hey Genobros! This post isn't Geno related, but Polarthief of the Genoboards inspired me to do my very own ListTM on potential evidence that could point to Crash Bandicoot being in Smash. This was a long write-up so I decided to post it here just in case anyone here is interested in the stuff going in favor of Crash.
amazing bro! as we always said, Our boy GENO and CRASH are 100% playable.

Im not a Crash lover, only a Crash supporter. But I believe these 2 are the only ones that are 100% guaranteed. Geno for the best fan demand and Crash for the best mascot left. Lloyd could classify next also.

There is no way the team don’t consider Geno and Crash to be fighters. This is happening.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
If we get Crash and Geno, I'm set. Those are my two most-wanted third party fighters. Cuphead, Crash, and Geno, the holy trinity.
amazing bro! as we always said, Our boy GENO and CRASH are 100% playable.

Im not a Crash lover, only a Crash supporter. But I believe these 2 are the only ones that are 100% guaranteed. Geno for the best fan demand and Crash for the best mascot left. Lloyd could classify next also.

There is no way the team don’t consider Geno and Crash to be fighters. This is happening.

QQS

Smash Lord
This is my likeness top10 to be Fighters right now: the ones with the more chances I mean

Geno
Crash
Lloyd
Hayabusa
Rayman
A Pokemon (Urshifu, Rillaboom or new Trainer)
Waluigi
Porky
Isaac
Shovel Knight (as the Indie king rep)

(though of course my most wanted after Geno is Skull Kid or any new Zelda rep, but not gonna stress myself over that. I think a Champion or Impa are the only probably maybe. Also Bonuses like Bandana, Dixie or Shadow to fulfill fan demand and finish the roster. Maybe a FP3 or character #82 like Taboo or Master Hand, who knows.

This is my post #700 here!

And of course my opinion: Smash is already perfect but my only real wish is Geno, which is coming playable, I know it, I feel it, I smell it.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
looks at calendar

Oh ****, almost forgot to keep watch if a Partner Showcase was to be announced this week. Hmm... It's coming pretty close to there potentially not being one for October. Hmm. 🤔

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
This is my likeness top10 to be Fighters right now: the ones with the more chances I mean

Geno
Crash
Lloyd
Hayabusa
Rayman
A Pokemon (Urshifu, Rillaboom or new Trainer)
Waluigi
Porky
Isaac
Shovel Knight (as the Indie king rep)

(though of course my most wanted after Geno is Skull Kid or any new Zelda rep, but not gonna stress myself over that. I think a Champion or Impa are the only probably maybe. Also Bonuses like Bandana, Dixie or Shadow to fulfill fan demand and finish the roster. Maybe a FP3 or character #82 like Taboo or Master Hand, who knows.

This is my post #700 here!

And of course my opinion: Smash is already perfect but my only real wish is Geno, which is coming playable, I know it, I feel it, I smell it.
Haha I remember thinking Shovel Knight was guaranteed to be playable in Ultimate, given that he was one of the most iconic indie characters and even had his own Amiibo. If any assist trophies are getting promoted I think it'll definitely be Waluigi, Isaac or maybe Skull Kid.

My most wanted are Ridley, Banjo & Kazooie, Shovel Knight and Geno. Two are playable and one is an assist which is still pretty sweet. Getting Geno would make Ultimate a win in my book. I mean it already is a win, but Geno would make it, like, uh, more of a win.

QQS

Smash Lord
03A1DC5F-7429-4ADD-B73F-4B11359979C8.jpeg

This one credit to Sharulia on DeviantArt.

78BFEAC3-3CC3-41C2-81B1-45B6AE01CD31.jpeg
This one credit to BenjaminTDickens on DeviantArt.

7266A1F6-7B0E-4B64-8C4D-C72358A11AFF.jpeg

This one credit to OUTCASTComix on DeviantArt.

341D120E-7F3E-4393-BE08-F8D1888595A0.jpeg

This one to Kris Williams seen on MForum.ist

3F713FBF-3BCA-4A4E-8E46-4CBE9B6669E5.jpeg

To LemiaCrescent on DeviantArt.

E59A7961-2004-48CA-A1FE-F83352C1BDFD.jpeg

Matt Herms on Reddit.

461B5B18-1990-4816-B1FC-97833400E596.jpeg

Loopy-Lupe on DeviantArt.

CREDITS TO ALL AMAZING ARTISTS ON THESE PIECES. Maybe papagenos papagenos & Fatmanonice Fatmanonice wanna take a look. There are even some new arts for me, which Im always searching and sometimes posting. It’s amazing the amount of Creations in many ways Geno has.

GENO FALLS LIKE A STAR!

Geno Geno Geno! (As the crowd will scream when Geno is shooting into battle!

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 290505
This one credit to Sharulia on DeviantArt.

View attachment 290506This one credit to BenjaminTDickens on DeviantArt.

View attachment 290507
This one credit to OUTCASTComix on DeviantArt.

View attachment 290509
This one to Kris Williams seen on MForum.ist

View attachment 290510
To LemiaCrescent on DeviantArt.

View attachment 290511
Matt Herms on Reddit.

View attachment 290512
Loopy-Lupe on DeviantArt.

CREDITS TO ALL AMAZING ARTISTS ON THESE PIECES. Maybe papagenos papagenos & Fatmanonice Fatmanonice wanna take a look. There are even some new arts for me, which Im always searching and sometimes posting. It’s amazing the amount of Creations in many ways Geno has.

GENO FALLS LIKE A STAR!

Geno Geno Geno! (As the crowd will scream when Geno is shooting into battle!
It makes me happy knowing that Geno is very popular. I can't wait to see him (and hopefully Mallow as a cameo, taunt, or Mii) reunite with Mario, Peach, and Bowser.

Reactions: QQS

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
I think it would be really cool if Geno's trailer was a Sudo sequel to Terry's (kinda like how Banjo's trailer was a sequel to K. Rools) where the Neo Geo zooms out and goes right into the SNES and then the entire trailer is in the style of Mario RPG
I kind of hope we get a full CGI trailer in the style of Hero or Banjo. It's been a long while since we've gotten one like that.

Terry's was just repurposed sprites of SNK characters.

Byleth and Min Min's had unique artstyles that, in my opinion, while good, don't really have the wow factor that the WoL style CGI has.

And then there's Steve's, which literally just rips models straight from Minecraft.

That being said, I can understand why we might not get another WoL looking trailer, pandemic and all that stuff, but hey, I'm hoping, not demanding.

Last edited:

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
It's kinda nice to have stylized trailers imo. We haven't had a lot of them since Smash 4
I kind of hope we get a full CGI trailer in the style of Hero or Banjo. It's been a long while since we've gotten one like that.

Terry's was just repurposed sprites of SNK characters.

Byleth and Min Min's had unique artstyles that, in my opinion, while good, don't really have the wow factor that the WoL style CGI has.

And then there's Steve's, which literally just rips models straight from Minecraft.

That being said, I can understand why we might not get another WoL looking trailer, pandemic and all that stuff, but hey, I'm hoping, not demanding.

QQS

Smash Lord
Mega Man trailer, reveal and revival for me is the biggest dream come true on Earth. Then Banjo-Kazooie.

Geno will be like those and even more epic due to how much Geno mean to us. Sakurai if you are reading this, thanks for your work and don’t forget us. Though I know Geno is already playable :)!

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
It's kinda nice to have stylized trailers imo. We haven't had a lot of them since Smash 4
I mainly just want to see an official extremely high definition model of Geno in action, because the only official 3D model he has is super outdated and it'd be amazing to see the jump in quality after 25 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom