• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I'd just like to hear the reasoning for why these insiders claim its fake. They don't even have to name names, if they can just plainly state any of the following-

A) They for real know who the modder is and can point him out with evidence he is behind it
B) They know FOR FACT Geno/SMRPG content will not be used as DLC at any point in the future
C) They know FOR FACT Bethesda will not be involved at any point in the future
D) Any other substantial reason I may be forgetting

-I would be willing to listen to them. I don't want to plug my ears and say 'insiders bad, grumble grumble', I want to hear them out for what they have to say, but we need a reason. With the good ol' Grinch they could specifically say 'where's Incineroar, you guys are idiots', or 'Isaac is an assist, get real', and even on the front of directly disproving it there were discrepancies in the art itself. But this time around nothing has been done or said that actively goes against this possible leak. Something to actually base doubt around would go a long way towards understanding why insiders are so bamboozled by this.

I don't think Sabi or her sources are liars or bad at their job, but without reason to doubt it, it presents itself convincingly enough that just dropping because someone said to is unreasonable. If they can supply a reason for doubt beyond 'well it's not who FP5 is' (especially considering we know from the big man himself that multiple characters are worked on at once), I'm all ears. Until I'm given something to chew on, I'm thoroughly convinced by this.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Honestly, your responses just feel so 'doom n gloom' and knee-jerky. You can say they aren't but they really do feel that way, as if this leak is the one thing keeping us in the game that you have to update us any time Sabi inhales.

I also talk with Sabi and am also a part of his server. I frankly couldn't care less until we get an actual response, and we will all know when we get that, but waiting every minute to see if it gets disconfirmed or not is not really that big a deal.
I was about to write out a long response but honestly I think you just need to reflect what i'm saying and compare it to the ACTUAL doom and gloomers on this thread like wynn and gamerman. I'm sharing Sabi's latest Discord messages, THEY are the ones claiming that Sakurai doesn't care about the fans yadda yadda this yadda yadda that.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I was about to write out a long response but honestly I think you just need to reflect what i'm saying and compare it to the ACTUAL doom and gloomers on this thread like wynn and gamerman. I'm sharing Sabi's latest Discord messages, THEY are the ones claiming that Sakurai doesn't care about the fans yadda yadda this yadda yadda that.
This recent news isn't doom & gloom, because Doom isn't in Smash Bros.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Considering DLC seems to have been penned in around E3 when Hero dropped, plus figuring the math (which, funny enough, is something I've thought of before, too), Geno, Chocobo, and Heihachi must have been held back for a reason. I'd be willing to bet Lloyd would happen before Heihachi, though, honestly. I'd say that ,if those costumes are an indication, we'll probably get Geno and Lloyd playable at some point.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I have wynn ignored because I knew he was pointless from the start. He offers nothing more than mere irritation.

Eric on the other hand seems to have not been very active recently, must have a lot going on IRL. Regardless, I tend to avoid most of his debating as well because you can't get him to budge on anything no matter how far out his stance is. I just occasionally see if we are on the same page or call him out on stuff that is just flat-out not it chief, though I wouldn't say he's a doomsayer. Kinda 'hype police-y' though.

I guess my point is that worrying about any of these leaks doesn't matter to ****, but I guess I can just finish my big post to explain that.

Plank08

Smash Lord
So, a lot of people ask me about my confidence in Geno and one aspect I don't think I've talked about concerning the "list" is the nature of it. If you want to ignore the rest of this post, here's the takeaway: more people would be upset with the names not on it than that are and Ryu is the most "controversial" one if that tells you anything. It's pretty fanservicey and I think that's the entire point of the post-pass characters. The Fighter's Pass had mostly been about Sakurai's choices and celebrating video game history while most of the hypothetical post Fighter Pass characters are the equivalent of drunk online shopping at 3 in the morning with a credit card.
This is great to hear, but I’m wondering, and you don’t have to say it, but how many characters post pass do you think we could get? 3? 5? 10?
No one attacked you, my dude. Quit it with the knee-jerk reactions.

All we did was doubt you and I proved that there is no solid evidence and that Sabi currently has nothing to show.

I put the pressure on Sabi btw. I told him that if he really knows the truth and that it's fake, he needs to come out with concrete evidence.
  1. If he knows because he has photo or video evidence of perfect replication, then he needs to share it.
  2. If he knows because he has information on all the DLC Mii Costumes and these aren't in there, then he needs to say that he knows while being vague enough to save his ass.
  3. If he knows nothing except hearsay and assumptions, he needs to acknowledge them as such instead of acting as if he has concrete information.
I mean I’d get pretty annoyed too if everyone told me the exact same thing and made it sound like I was the one saying stuff and I need to be convinced otherwise

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Considering DLC seems to have been penned in around E3 when Hero dropped, plus figuring the math (which, funny enough, is something I've thought of before, too), Geno, Chocobo, and Heihachi must have been held back for a reason. I'd be willing to bet Lloyd would happen before Heihachi, though, honestly. I'd say that ,if those costumes are an indication, we'll probably get Geno and Lloyd playable at some point.
I was just about to talk about this.

We had that small notice that the Tales Of series got that journal and quill image trademarked in October, made know via papagenos papagenos

Suddenly, sources with more validity and credibility are saying that Ryu Hayabusa and Crash are not happening at the mo and suddenly now the tune is also perhaps Doomguy and Geno aren't coming soon either? Who would that leave?

We could get Heihachi, but honestly with his cute pixel reference with Pac-Man and not hearing too much news about Tekken outside it's own sphere AND Terry just got in with a ton of fighter costumes but not Heihachi's, I doubt it at this point. I think Lloyd Irving could easily come with Heihachi's costume as well as the Gil costume and Yuri as a costume and then lastly a Soul Calibur costume, like Yoshimitsu or Nightmare. Could maybe come with a brand new Tekken costume as well, like Kazuya or Jin.

It's either this or everyone is ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS this close to a possible reveal a month from now, and I really don't believe that with all this flaunting about knowing who is or isn't by sources seen are more credible.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I’ve figured it out.

So Sabi’s source is 99% sure that leak is fake. The question is, what makes them so sure? It seems like Mii costumes aren’t something that most insiders are very familiar with, hence why so many of them responded to the leak with just confusion. So the logical conclusion is that one of the characters in it must be a character instead of a costume, so therefore Geno/Mallow dual character confirmed

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I have to say I think it’s funny how some people hear that the insiders are saying the leak is 99% fake and they want some explanation for it or some “evidence” as to why they think it’s fake, BUT if the insiders said it was 99% real without any explanation or “evidence” nobody would question it.

Geno is obviously a strong candidate and is very likely hence why the leak went as far as it did. I’m sure he’ll get in.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Yeah I've learned from past mistakes. I'm not going down the Grinch route again by thinking "Well they could be wrong!"

As it stands right now I am cutting my losses on this before I get to emotionally attached.

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
Why 99% and not 100%?

No seriously, this is important. Is it because the source didn't hear about them or is it because he knows what the mii costumes are?
37F7EB7F-821B-4C01-AD7A-0242BA7190FA.jpeg

We don’t know a whole lot about Sabi’s source or why they don’t believe it, but the 99% thing doesn’t seem worth reading into.

P47

Smash Apprentice
I have to say I think it’s funny how some people hear that the insiders are saying the leak is 99% fake and they want some explanation for it or some “evidence” as to why they think it’s fake, BUT if the insiders said it was 99% real without any explanation or “evidence” nobody would question it.

Geno is obviously a strong candidate and is very likely hence why the leak went as far as it did. I’m sure he’ll get in.
Well yeah it's tangible video evidence vs word of mouth

Hopefully whoever's responsible shares what they did. They are really good looking mods

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Aight what’s happened? Why is Sabi saying 99% fake? Id like some concrete evidence before i believe that

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Plank08 Plank08 Current estimate is 4 or 5 with Nintendo supporting DLC until at least the second anniversary of the game. Based on a lot of factors, I'd also call it an educated guess. For example, Nintendo having 5, 6, and 7 ready on the site before Terry came out makes me believe that 6 and 7 are at least halfway done at this point.

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
Sabi clarified what they meant IN THIS THREAD guys. It's like 3 pages back. They're waiting for clarification, but think that their source wouldn't say that unless they were sure. We'll see.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Well yeah it's tangible video evidence vs word of mouth

Hopefully whoever's responsible shares what they did. They are really good looking mods
After the Grinch Leak I still remain skeptical even with tangible evidence. We all know modding is a thing even if the Mii costume leak would have been insanely difficult to fake.

The Grinch Leak seemed near impossible to fake as well with everything going for it. I didn’t want to get burned again hence why I was always on team fake, even though I obviously didn’t want to be.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think this could work, though I think they could still get another Sega character if they wanted. Also, Imran Khan said Season 2 DLC was decided by Nintendo around E3.
I know the dude is fairly credible so may I have a source on that?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Sabi clarified what they meant IN THIS THREAD guys. It's like 3 pages back. They're waiting for clarification, but think that their source wouldn't say that unless they were sure. We'll see.
Well for me, it's more I noticed my self falling into the same "I'M GOING ALL IN CARDS ON THE TABLE" mentality I had with some other leaks. With how much arguing there is with this one, I feel it's better for my mental state to just step back and watch what happens. I love having fun by making memes with it and such. But I really shouldn't go all in one way or another.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Random question just to pass the time: how many characters can you name that you would like to see in Smash Ultimate, regardless of any chances they might have?

Let's see...Geno, Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Bill Rizer, Amaterasu, Crash Bandicoot, Isaac, Rayman, Waluigi, Tails, Mega Man X, Juno, Strider Hiryu, Marina Liteyears, Bomberman, Lloyd Irving, Proto Man, Shadow The Hedgehog, Bass, Spyro The Dragon, Mach Rider, Dr. Robotnik, Skull Kid...I think that's as much as I can come up with. Obviously Geno is my #1 pick with Doomguy closely following behind - I need that dream team between them to happen like ASAP.
Geno, Doomguy/Doomslayer, Sephiroth, Zero, Isaac, Shadow, Dixie Kong, Ryu Hayabusa, Phoenix Wright, Chun-Li, Guile, Alucard, Frogger (unironically), Waluigi, Skull Kid, Lloyd Irving, Bomberman, Crash, Spyro, Goemon, Ayumi Tachibana, Geese Howard, Athena Asamiya, Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Mach Rider, Filia (Skullgirls), Shovel Knight, Earthworm Jim, Shantae, Dr. Eggman/Robotnik, Tom Nook (also unironically), Battletoads, Balloon Fighter, Travis Touchdown, Leon S. Kennedy, Dovahkiin, Heihachi Mishima, and Dante (Devil May Cry) are some I’d like to see make it as DLC or the next game.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Whoop!! Just caught up with the past 20+ pages! Gosh this thread moves fast. Tbh, I'm really gonna miss reading these huge amounts of pages of speculation and Geno if/when he gets revealed. It's such an amazing community here. Really wish I'd post more, I usually just don't know what to post. :')

D

Deleted member

Well, before you go around accusing people of only hearing what they want to hear, let's be honest: there's a huge difference in an insider confirming the leak and an insider denying the leak. We all already know the reason they'd confirm it, we have all the proof. We don't know the reason they're denying it, it's the same old coy bull**** that everyone is very obviously sick and tired of. One doesn't even have to totally namedrop the characters to just say "as a person who knows character #5, these mii costumes wouldn't make sense".

AND EVEN THEN, you're only confirming them to not have anything to do with #5, not be a total fake.

I'm not going to discredit these insiders or bring any kind of distrust on Sabi's name, or anyone else for that matter, but there's just a huge difference with this leak. Even with the Grinch leak, the insiders had a pretty bad habit of not explaining why, and all they had to do was say "its missing someone and I know at least one of these characters is an assist trophy".

But instead we got "its fake lol".

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Gotta remember, explaining something is fake can risk a lot, Because you are going to be confirming something else by giving reasonings why it's fake.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Well, before you go around accusing people of only hearing what they want to hear, let's be honest: there's a huge difference in an insider confirming the leak and an insider denying the leak. We all already know the reason they'd confirm it, we have all the proof. We don't know the reason they're denying it, it's the same old coy bull**** that everyone is very obviously sick and tired of. One doesn't even have to totally namedrop the characters to just say "as a person who knows character #5, these mii costumes wouldn't make sense".

AND EVEN THEN, you're only confirming them to not have anything to do with #5, not be a total fake.

I'm not going to discredit these insiders or bring any kind of distrust on Sabi's name, or anyone else for that matter, but there's just a huge difference with this leak. Even with the Grinch leak, the insiders had a pretty bad habit of not explaining why, and all they had to do was say "its missing someone and I know at least one of these characters is an assist trophy".

But instead we got "its fake lol".
I’m just saying we all trust Sabi’s source and that source is saying it’s fake. I understand they haven’t clarified why, but we all trust this source don’t we?

I get being upset because we all want to see Geno get confirmed, but if we’re going to trust them on their word when they say things are real then we should probably do the same when they say they’re fake. Even if we don’t have the explanation.

Last edited:

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
I 100% understand why Sabi and other insiders wouldn't ever give out information to the public, but damn does this suspense hurt.

(also I want more well done potential leaks like the mallow + cacodemon one, because from what I've seen it brings both fandoms together in a sense of comradery!)

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
So, a lot of people ask me about my confidence in Geno and one aspect I don't think I've talked about concerning the "list" is the nature of it. If you want to ignore the rest of this post, here's the takeaway: more people would be upset with the names not on it than that are and Ryu is the most "controversial" one if that tells you anything. It's pretty fanservicey and I think that's the entire point of the post-pass characters. The Fighter's Pass had mostly been about Sakurai's choices and celebrating video game history while most of the hypothetical post Fighter Pass characters are the equivalent of drunk online shopping at 3 in the morning with a credit card.
No one specifically asked, so I'll do so... you're saying out the "list", that Ryu Hayabusa is the most "controversial" character? What is that supposed to mean? I have an idea (probably meaning he is the character on the "list" least asked for or something), but you never really clarified so I wanted to ask. (FYI, I'd be totally down for Ryu Hayabusa. He makes too much sense an inclusion and I think he "deserves" to be in.)

It's made public news but supposedly Game Freak's company morale has essentially bottomed out over everything.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/348697-rumor-morale-at-game-freak-at-an-all-time-low
I have a question not Smash related, do you or any other insiders know how Pokémon corporate as well as Game Freak feel towards the reactions regarding Sword / Shield. Like do they feel the need to get themselves in gear next time, or maybe add the National Dex back? Basically just anything regarding their reaction, mindset, etc. Something more tangible than their morale being low.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
Random question just to pass the time: how many characters can you name that you would like to see in Smash Ultimate, regardless of any chances they might have?

Let's see...Geno, Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Bill Rizer, Amaterasu, Crash Bandicoot, Isaac, Rayman, Waluigi, Tails, Mega Man X, Juno, Strider Hiryu, Marina Liteyears, Bomberman, Lloyd Irving, Proto Man, Shadow The Hedgehog, Bass, Spyro The Dragon, Mach Rider, Dr. Robotnik, Skull Kid...I think that's as much as I can come up with. Obviously Geno is my #1 pick with Doomguy closely following behind - I need that dream team between them to happen like ASAP.
Let’s see...
Geno,Doomslayer, Freddy, Cuphead, Scorpion, Steve, Master Chief. Tails, Skull Kid, Paper Mario, Delphox, Glover, Gex , Ryu Hayabusa , Heihachi, Solaire, Conker, Kratos, Any Retro Rep, Crash, Rayman, Shantae, Chibi Robo, Isaac, Dante, The Untitled Goose. Marx, Phoinex Wright, Dovahkin cause my friend really wants him, Kasumi, Frogger, Knuckles, Shovel Knight, and of course.....
SACKBOYYYYYYYYY
There’s a lot more I’m ok with but that would take too long

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Honestly, I'm skeptical of anything any insider says, whether it's real or fake. Even after being told B-K was 100% in just before the E3 presentation, I was just kinda like, "Oh, that's nice lol." It's only when I actually see it from Nintendo or Sakurai that I'll feel 100% about anything.

Personally, when it comes to what Sabi says, I'll sit comfortably in Team Neutral and just discard this leak. Besides, Geno has a lot more going for him than just this. It's hard for me to take Sabi too seriously sometimes when their behavior has been... very wishy-washy and attention-seeky. Not that I don't believe they have truth behind what they share and that they have sources, but the messenger ain't the best.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Imagine:

Doom Guy trailer finishes.

The screen shows 6 stars for all the DLC
Piranha Plant
Joker
Hero
Banjo and Kazooie
Terry
Doom-

The screen turns black and music slowly fades in- the theme from Star Hill https://youtu.be/CxgtvYxba4s

A seventh star rises into screen...

Bonus dlc.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Personally, I feel this whole 99% Fake thing only means that the source saw that Geno and Doomslayer aren’t #5 and assumed that the mii costumes were fake because of that.
I still think the characters will happen, just not now, I have no clue who #5 will be

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

Geno, Travis Touchdown, Dante, Isaac, Ashley, Jeanne, Protoman, Rex &, Pyra, Shantae, Bandana Waddle Dee, Heihachi, Shadow, Kos-Mos, 2B, Doomguy, Min Min, Twintelle, Elma, Zero, Chibi Robo, Akira Howard, Bomberman, Hades, Chun-li, Shovel Knight, Sora, and a character from Skullgirls

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure this has been brought up, before, but isn't it possible - or even likely - that everyone working on the game doesn't know what everyone else working on the game knows? If characters are being developed at the same time, then they have to be split up into different teams, and Team A might not necessarily know all the details on what Team B has been working on. I know for a fact that this point has been made before, but I don't see how knowing who FP5 is means anything for characters/costumes who would be coming out after FP5, anyway, if they're from a different series/company. It's like the weird argument that the CacoMallow costumes are fake because they didn't come with Terry, even though it wouldn't make any sense for them to come with him.

I dunno, I guess like many others I just want it to be proven that the leak is fake, rather than just being told 'It's fake because I say so'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom