• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

With Geno and Doomguy potentially not being Fighter's Pass characters but could show up afterwards combined with the amount of songs SNK got I think it's Reimu and the Reimu leak was real.
Well I for one certainly hope so I mean have you heard Touhou music? It's fantastic! Plus finally getting an indie character in Smash would be totally sweet. Touhou is like the progenitor indie after-all so I'd be totally fine with Touhou and Reimu getting in.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Well I for one certainly hope so I mean have you heard Touhou music? It's fantastic! Plus finally getting an indie character in Smash would be totally sweet. Touhou is like the progenitor indie after-all so I'd be totally fine with Touhou and Reimu getting in.
Reimu is one I'm sleeping on. Not that I doubt her potential to feature, she's just not one that interests me. Bullet hell games like touhou never really captured my interests.

The music is pretty good though.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
All I have to say about the Cacomallow leak being possibly fake is:

Dang, who was the mad man who did it then, and will they be releasing the mods to the public? :drflip:

Anyway, I still feel Geno has a great shot either way, but I'm a little iffier on Doom Marine now. I hope he happens now, though, after all that. I'd hate to see the people who have him as his most wanted having their hopes crushed. I love DOOM and would love Doom Marine in, but he was never one of my big most wanted, so while I'm fine with him not making it, I know him not making it would break a lot of hearts. DOOM pals, I'm rooting so hard for you right now.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Since it's quickly become a point of contention, when I say "don't expect a lot of promotions", I do mean more than one but I'm also giving fair warning so that people don't get ahead of themselves. If you think Sakurai's going to go Yakko's World on currently NPCs, you're going to be a sad paisano come this time next year. Another thing to keep in mind is that "Season 2" is estimated to be 4 or 5 characters so of course not even everyone on the hypothetical list will probably make the cut either unless Sakurai miraculously announces yet another expansion.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
Besides Geno, the only promotion I really want is Isaac. I've long made peace with him being a likely longshot, but it sure would be a shame if the Smash letters ended right before they reached him.

Or if WALUIGI got in instead. That'd be a grrr.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I mean it's totally possible there is no promotion at all, it's dangerous to assume that Geno would be the only one promoted.

That said, if it is only Geno I would be pretty happy because that means Yuri/KOS-MOS would most likely be the Namco rep, and they are high on my list.
Fair enough, nothing is set in stone yet even if things are looking good right now

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Since it's quickly become a point of contention, when I say "don't expect a lot of promotions", I do mean more than one but I'm also giving fair warning so that people don't get ahead of themselves. If you think Sakurai's going to go Yakko's World on currently NPCs, you're going to be a sad paisano come this time next year. Another thing to keep in mind is that "Season 2" is estimated to be 4 or 5 characters so of course not even everyone on the hypothetical list will probably make the cut either unless Sakurai miraculously announces yet another expansion.
So what you are saying is that Jeff being bumped up from AT to playable is completely guaranteed at this point.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
I didn’t speculate that the leak is fake. I was told that it seems to be fake by the source that knows fighter 5. I am asking for a clarification on if just part of it is or all of it, THAT is what I’m clarifying. If something changes, I’ll clarify myself. Just that it seems to be fake. I don’t know if it just applies to the doom part or what, THAT is what I’m trying to figure out for you guys. I’m not sure what else I can say lol, my sources speak for themselves. If this is some misunderstanding and they tell me they were mixed up on the mii thing, I’ll say it relatively soon, whenever i talk to them again. Im just going on what they last told me. I’ve never lied to you guys.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Have to echo Oval's sentiments here. Unlike the grinch the hangup is a purely technological one and until it gets resolved or someone comes clean I can't 100% dismiss it until time runs out.
See this is why we love fatman. The way he describes things make everything he writes here a treat to read.

Anyway, more than 1 >= 2 so I'm all good with the possibilities right now because 2 promotions is all I need : )

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I’ve never been totally on board with the costume leak and thought it was more likely fake, but I said before I don’t think it affects Geno’s chances at all and he’s still very likely. Glad to hear that still seems to be the case.

Also what’s this I hear about “don’t expect very many promotions”? Does that mean we might actually get a couple? That makes me very happy for Isaac even though it still doesn’t seem likely. It gives me hope...

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I didn’t speculate that the leak is fake. I was told that it seems to be fake by the source that knows fighter 5. I am asking for a clarification on if just part of it is or all of it, THAT is what I’m clarifying. If something changes, I’ll clarify myself. Just that it seems to be fake. I don’t know if it just applies to the doom part or what, THAT is what I’m trying to figure out for you guys. I’m not sure what else I can say lol, my sources speak for themselves. If this is some misunderstanding and they tell me they were mixed up on the mii thing, I’ll say it relatively soon, whenever i talk to them again. Im just going on what they last told me. I’ve never lied to you guys.

But if they know who FP5 is and think the leak is fake, does that not implicate that someone else is the next fighter? That it would be guaranteed to be fake, since those costumes would likely come next if it was real?

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
There is only like 5 spirits that I can think of from the top of my head that people would think heavily deserve the promotion status.

Geno, Rayman, Rex/Pyra/Mythra, Shantae, and Isaac.

.....and Sandbag.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I believe you. Nor did I think you were lying. I think the thread just kind of got ahead of itself. Thank you for the clarification, regardless!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
There is only like 5 spirits that I can think of from the top of my head that people would think heavily deserve the promotion status.

Geno, Rayman, Rex/Pyra/Mythra, Shantae, and Isaac.

.....and Sandbag.
Add Andy to that list as well.

I mean if Hayabusa is fair game, I see no reason to exclude Andy. Both hailing from franchises dated back to the NES-era that are dormant currently and not well known despite having cool concepts. Not to mention how historically signicant Advance Wars is in shifting Nintendo's view on complex games being brought over to the West and it paving the way for FE's success overseas. That's not even accounting for it's critical acclaim as well.

Hopefully, both Andy & Isaac somehow get in to Ultimate before Sakurai closes shop. Even if it is in a "Season 3" of sorts.

EditorMax

Smash Apprentice
We appreciate your continued efforts to keep us in the loop within the confines of what you are allowed to do. Anyone who says or acts otherwise needs to chill

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Assuming we get multiple promotions, Geno included and there's only one remaining one, I'd have a really hard time picking one.

Bandana Dee: Kirby fandom feels relatively empty in regards to fighter count and is really underrepresented.

Isaac: Fandom was denied even after all these years.

Rayman: Ubisoft is one of the last major companies in Smash with no representation outside of spirits/trophies.

Rex: Was denied merely due to the inconvenience of time constraints.

Shantae: "indie rep," I suppose(?)

It's tough, honestly. I'm tied between Rayman or Dee.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Add Andy to that list as well.

I mean if Hayabusa is fair game, I see no reason to exclude Andy. Both hailing from franchises dated back to the NES-era that are dormant currently and not well known despite having cool concepts. Not to mention how historically signicant Advance Wars is in shifting Nintendo's view on complex games being brought over to the West and it paving the way for FE's success overseas. That's not even accounting for it's critical acclaim as well.

Hopefully, both Andy & Isaac somehow get in to Ultimate before Sakurai closes shop. Even if it is in a "Season 3" of sorts.
Andy and Advance Wars deserve more love for sure.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
A possible solution occurred to me. How hard would it be to model swap the entire Mii fighter? Maybe that's what the faker did, replaced the complete model of a fighter instead of just adding a hat.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Watch the one promoted character be something ridiculous, like Sheriff or something

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
The Fighter's Pass had mostly been about Sakurai's choices and celebrating video game history while most of the hypothetical post Fighter Pass characters are the equivalent of drunk online shopping at 3 in the morning with a credit card.
Under this line of thinking, I can both see the potential for Doomguy being FP #5, if considering celebrating VG History (as DOOM is the father of the FPS genre), but also can see him being post-FP for this reason, if the pass is mainly Sakurai's choices (as he may have chosen another character he has personally an affinity for like Terry and Hero).

I'd almost prefer the latter though, because if Doomguy is post-pass, that means that Doomguy still gets in, but we get another character on top of him instead of him being FP #5 and then whoever, or something. And, of course, Geno too

D

Deleted member

Assuming we get multiple promotions, Geno included and there's only one remaining one, I'd have a really hard time picking one.

Bandana Dee: Kirby fandom feels relatively empty in regards to fighter count and is really underrepresented.

Isaac: Fandom was denied even after all these years.

Rayman: Ubisoft is one of the last major companies in Smash with no representation outside of spirits/trophies.

Rex: Was denied merely due to the inconvenience of time constraints.

Shantae: "indie rep," I suppose(?)

It's tough, honestly. I'm tied between Rayman or Dee.
I'd definitely choose Rex if we ended up getting multiple spirit upgrades (which is a 50/50 at best even if we do get Geno):

Rex was simply denied due to time constraints which is a massive shame as XBC2 is a genuinely amazing game and may as well be one of if not the best RPG on the Switch currently and if he misses out on Ultimate I doubt he'll ever have a chance to get in the game and he'll be like Unova/Hoenn in that their respective franchises move on from them and so would Sakurai.

By the time the next Smash comes out there'll probably be Xenoblade Chronicles 3 or maybe even 4 if they decide to do so. It's a now or never situation for Rex and with the only thing that got in his way being time constraints and that's a real shame. I'd choose Rex cause all of those other characters for the most part have a chance next game as their respective company/franchise will surely not move on from them.

Rex it is for me if I were to choose a single spirit upgrade to go alongside Geno.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
We appreciate everything you do. I'm just ready to confirm or deconfirm Geno for good. Hopefully we all know the truth soon.

Last edited:

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
A possible solution occurred to me. How hard would it be to model swap the entire Mii fighter? Maybe that's what the faker did, replaced the complete model of a fighter instead of just adding a hat.
If they swapped the entire Mii then they wouldn't be able to emote, like they did in the video.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I'd definitely choose Rex if we ended up getting multiple spirit upgrades (which is a 50/50 at best even if we do get Geno):

Rex was simply denied due to time constraints which is a massive shame as XBC2 is a genuinely amazing game and may as well be one of if not the best RPG on the Switch currently and if he misses out on Ultimate I doubt he'll ever have a chance to get in the game and he'll be like Unova/Hoenn in that their respective franchises move on from them and so would Sakurai.

By the time the next Smash comes out there'll probably be Xenoblade Chronicles 3 or maybe even 4 if they decide to do so. It's a now or never situation for Rex and with the only thing that got in his way being time constraints and that's a real shame. I'd choose Rex cause all of those other characters for the most part have a chance next game as their respective company/franchise will surely not move on from them.

Rex it is for me if I were to choose a single spirit upgrade to go alongside Geno.
I can understand the Rex argument but the only other character I think really reaches that level would be Rayman. Considering the character was done dirty two games in a row, Ubisoft has been really close to Nintendo as of late, and Rayman has never been given anything beyond a png/trophy, I feel like it would be a good time to promote him.

Rex is a pretty good choice.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Huh well if the source knows number 5 and 5 isn’t Doomguy or Crash or Geno or Ryu I really wonder who it may be. Because are the only names that have really been passed around or in contention.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Mm, something that I was thinking of. Sabi's source has deemed the leak as "unlikely", but it took them like 3 whole days to do so (maybe a bit less, but not that much less). One possibility that comes to mind as to why it would take so long to deconfirm the leak is that insiders know that either Geno or Doomguy are coming next, so the sudden appearence of the Mii suits has confused them. If they're expecting Geno and suddenly see a Mallow Mii suit they would be like "oh wow okay, that makes sense, is that leak true?", while if they know the next character is, to say a random one, Rebecca Chambers from Resident Evil, and the Mii suit leaked was a Mallow one they would be like "okay I know that's wrong because it doesn't make sense with what my sources told me". The fact that some insiders were a bit thrown off because of the leak, even if the leak ends up being false, might mean more than we think.

Anyway, until someone shows how someone faked this I won't completely disregard the leak. It's still so much work, way more than the Grinch leak, that it's still hard to believe some could fake it.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
I would be very happy if Geno did get in since I do like him and his fans deserve it but with all of this talk of the MallowDemon leak being fake, it really makes me afraid that Doom Slayer will not make the cut since he is currently my "realistic" most wanted character.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
My thoughts on all this after reading through all the posts is that the miis have the potential to be real still (Id say its likely actually) but could be false. Sabi’s source believes them to be fake because their info shows #5 to be another
character.
There’s a good chance he’s right, but that doesnt rule out Doomguy and Geno. They could easily still be #6 and #7.
Im about 60/40 on this rn. They could be later but I think theyre still coming. We need more info. Hopefully we get some soon.

If you dont mind me asking, are these promotions limited to just spirits, or does it include assists

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Mm, something that I was thinking of. Sabi's source has deemed the leak as "unlikely", but it took them like 3 whole days to do so (maybe a bit less, but not that much less). One possibility that comes to mind as to why it would take so long to deconfirm the leak is that insiders know that either Geno or Doomguy are coming next, so the sudden appearence of the Mii suits has confused them. If they're expecting Geno and suddenly see a Mallow Mii suit they would be like "oh wow okay, that makes sense, is that leak true?", while if they know the next character is, to say a random one, Rebecca Chambers from Resident Evil, and the Mii suit leaked was a Mallow one they would be like "okay I know that's wrong because it doesn't make sense with what my sources told me". The fact that some insiders were a bit thrown off because of the leak, even if the leak ends up being false, might mean more than we think.

Anyway, until someone shows how someone faked this I won't completely disregard the leak. It's still so much work, way more than the Grinch leak, that it's still hard to believe some could fake it.
The jiggle is what gets me (assuming it’s real and we’re not just all crazy). No one else apparently can mod in a Mii hat /at all/, and yet this mysterious unknown super hacker can make ones that look flawless with /physics/

D

Deleted member

We appreciate everything you do. I'm just ready to confirm or deconfirm Geno for good. Hopefully we all know the truth soon.
This.

I don't feel less confident in Geno even if the costume leak turns out to be hoax of the century, but man I'm just kind of war weary at this point. Put my boy in the ground or tell me he's in the game.

EDIT: inb4 "ye dude hes a spirit"

Last edited by a moderator:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Yeah after all this I'm still right where I was yesterday - the only difference is we may have a little further clarification on character #5 being someone other than the ones mentioned here (Geno and Doomguy). They could still come later, and the costumes could turn out real...I'm just waiting for someone to give a more compelling argument against the Mii costumes - preferably with real evidence or if the modder who created them steps forward.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
God i just want closure. I'd love to be able to drop it if he was deconfirmed.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah if #5 ends up being someone we didn't expect and it's clear were going to go into another info drought in between the 2 seasons then yeah this is going to exhausting. I know they all want to keep this list a secret because it's not confirmed and it would pigeonhole discussion but at this point I'd be more than happy to spoil the whole rest of the lineup for myself if it meant avoiding another dry spell like between plant and E3

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Huh well if the source knows number 5 and 5 isn’t Doomguy or Crash or Geno or Ryu I really wonder who it may be. Because are the only names that have really been passed around or in contention.
I am here to confirm that...

It's you.
9cb.png

Firox

Smash Master
But if they know who FP5 is and think the leak is fake, does that not implicate that someone else is the next fighter? That it would be guaranteed to be fake, since those costumes would likely come next if it was real?
This is exactly what I said a few posts ago. If her source "doubts" the leak, it pretty much guarantees that fighter #5 is NOT Geno or Doomslayer. That's not to say that both of them can't end up in FP#2, but I'm now 100% sure that fighter#5 will be something we likely won't expect.

EDIT: No, there is no guarantee that the "leaked" costumes have to come next so even if fighter 5 INS'T Geno or Doomslayer that doesn't mean that the leak is fake by default.....unless the costumes appear alongside fighter 5 anyway.

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
Sorry if i haven't posted in a while, but i have to say something on this.
Assuming that the 5th fighter is revealed on VGA awards, i really think that it might be Doomguy, because i can't see any other character revealed at the game awards other than Dante.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

Maybe it is a certain black and white robotic bear (Plz make it happen Sakurai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom