• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nestec

Smash Ace
God****, how long are we gonna have to wait for videos? I wanna see some Ally vs M2K. I also wanna see some of FOW's matches. Great job, ranking 33 with Ness.

Ophelia, I wanna **** the chick in your sig.

JK guys!!!! ....

BEHR

Smash Hero
Real Genesis Results

0. Amy-Amy
1.Mango-Falco/Puff
2.Armada-Peaches
3.Hungrybox-Puff

nezzedaoriginal

Smash Cadet
Chi's Finest---Yeah. M2K basically quit on the last match of the last set. He CP'ed Castle Siege, but Ally was ******.

IM0, first match of first set was the best, and probably was the main reason M2K lost.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Will post shout outs later but for now get this, about 10 or so of us at the ramada decided to play a melee tourney mode tournament and see who would come out on top with best of one. Here are the re3sults:

1. GMoney
2. Harriet the guy
3. Twin_A
3. Kage
5. Raislin
5. Dark Sonic
5. Hax
8. Tw1n
8. Sliraobe God
8. Level 9 CPU
8. Level 9 CPU

It was funny as hell lol. Kage knocked out Hax and then got knocked out by harriet the Guy. Many an upset in here. Where you at!?

Hope everyone liked the magic tricks at the tournbey. Expect a thread form my brother and I with the pics of the pros who got owned (self admitted btw) by our magic :p

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
he did. got ***** by mango 2 sets in a row at winners
He did not, Armada won winners in a close set 3-2.

In grand finals Mango won two sets in a row, but the first set was 3-2; the second set was 3-0. Each player 3 stocked the other once, so all and all it was very close matches.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
He did not, Armada won winners in a close set 3-2.

In grand finals Mango won two sets in a row, but the first set was 3-2; the second set was 3-0. Each player 3 stocked the other once, so all and all it was very close matches.
<3 you for yesterday

Also are there any vids around yet?

pockyD

Smash Legend
once mango got his **** together and started riding the momentum wave, it WAS ****

winning 5 games in a row, including forcing the other player off their main and into a character that immediately gets near-4-stocked in the deciding game of the set is pretty convincing

nothing against armada, as he played great, but if you ask anyone who was at the venue, if they had played 10 more games after that, mango would have won at least 9 of them

on the other hand, if this tournament wasn't held on the west coast, i'm not certain that mango would have won at all; he really knows how to feed off the crowd and play up to the moment, and that gave him a nice edge

on the other other hand, pound 3

mango you're sooooo good

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Melee being 10 years old is what caused it to die. Brawl is fresh and new and gets bigger numbers; despite what you think, a lot of people actually LIKE Brawl.

Genesis Melee players should be glad I wasn't the one running the tournament. I would have given them 10 seconds before removing Melee from the stream permanently and a 10 second warning before removing Melee from the tournament in its entirety. There's no excuse for that garbage. We tried holding Melee/Brawl events in the midwest and there was always crap like this going on being a medicore Melee player and hating Brawl makes you "cool". Result? Zero melee tournaments in Ohio on a regular basis, and a completely dead melee scene just about everywhere but Chicago.
Alas, after your 10 seconds... im pretty sure someone would 1st) take the tourney money from you and 2nd) continue on with the tourney. Play a respectable game... until you do... stop crying about ****. People want to see what entertains them, wtf can you do but simply go with the masses. 2 smart players floating around trading hits or 2 amazingly technical/smart players going at it in grand finals? I mean really.. there is no competition. Its the way of the world.

john!

Smash Hero
I'm really happy with the results.

- Peach and Puff took the top 3 spots! :chuckle:

- Falco and Falcon players kicked ass like they should.

- I'm glad I never doubted Armada's skills. Peach has amazing potential but is underrepresented in the US. I think he took a lot of heat from the crowd and I feel kind of bad. Hope he comes back to the States again.

- Mango broke out the box puff for the first time in ages. Testament to Armada's skill as well as the sheer epicness of the tourney.

- Everyone can finally see how overrated SS was. He's a good player for sure, but he had way too many fanboys...

- Speaking of which, DBR came out of retirement!

- Ignatius deserves an award for his timely updates.

- Last and most importantly, in the top 16 there were:
3 Foxes
1 Marth
2 Sheiks
4 Falcos
3 Peaches
4 Puffs
3 Falcons
which means that Melee is still balanced after all these years and the metagame is still evolving! :bee:

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Someone already pointed this out, but the bracket on All is Brawl is wrong. It says Mango won winners finals over Armada when it was the other way around.
No the bracket is right; if you look carefully Mango and Armada in Winner's Finals is match #BK. The last two times they meet (that's drawn in the bracket) are the two sets they played in Grand Finals.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I agree. melee needs a new tier list.... so here goes

Pikachu - stays low

Axe's Pikachu... High Tier!

Sorry to Jman for losing his controller I hope he finds it or adapts to a new one...
Axe my man.. good ****... i mean you can't take away axe's credit.. he got 33rd.. GOING ALL PIKACHU!.. that alone deserves an award..

(also it was Axe's like first major tourney w/EC, WC, South etc... he lacks half the exp that most of the top players have and for him to do that well.. It deserves noticment!

I'll be home in 7 days Jeff (Axe) n n

Good ****!

Good Job to M2k, Mango.. and Armada.. Good stuff!

specially Axe

idea

Smash Master
genesis mst of been the ****test tourney evar cuz of all the fat american faagz europe ***** wrecked diz **** niigaz

wtf stupid ****ty pc wtf ***gy smashboardz
this guy wasn't banned when he posted a few minutes ago. now he is. thanks mods :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom