• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Genesis 6 Mega-Thread

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Gah, MKLeo was killing me with that Nair spacing. Kept messing it up, it got to the point where I could tell immediately when he was going to get grabbed for the attempt. Was basically hitting shield with Ike's elbow.

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, the live feed of Dabuz and Zackray after Dabuz won was like something out of a tragic comedy. Zackray is holding his head in his hands in grief, while Dabuz pops off and starts celebrating before he looks at Zackray and realizes he just crushed the dreams of a 15-year old by playing Olimar.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Zackray looked and played way more nervous today than he did the past two days. I think everyone forgets that he is a kid, this is his first time in a situation like this, and despite his skill, he doesn't have the years of tourney nerve control that people like Void, Dabuz, or Leo do.

Still, an incredible, incredilble run.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well guys, time to crown MKLeo as the king of the swordies.

EDIT: Welp. Called it.

With how Smash team balances, expect to see Ike nerfs pretty soon.

Last edited:

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Well guys, time to crown MKLeo as the king of the swordies.

EDIT: Welp. Called it.

With how Smash team balances, expect to see Ike nerfs pretty soon.
They look at Elite Smash, so expect Ike and Lucina buffs

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Zackray looked and played way more nervous today than he did the past two days. I think everyone forgets that he is a kid, this is his first time in a situation like this, and despite his skill, he doesn't have the years of tourney nerve control that people like Void, Dabuz, or Leo do.

Still, an incredible, incredilble run.
He’ll be back and he’ll start winning. He’s too good and since he’s 15 he’s just going to keep getting better at an accelerated rate

Monitoimirousku

Smash Rookie
I have to say I'm super impressed with Tweek's character variety. Despite changing characters in the transition he's played 3 different characters in Wario, Young Link and Wolf in Genesis and Glitch to great success. Definitely one of the strongest players in Ultimate right now.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm surprised to have not seen much Bowser representation. Is this a symptom of under-representation, or is it more a lack of viability?

Either way, very fun event to watch. I enjoyed it.

blackghost

Smash Champion
bowser is not a consistent choice versus elite characters. paisy, pichu, pikachu, palutena, swordies, and olimar. even fox and wolf. he doesnt win those MUs. it willtakeone heck of a player to bring bowser out in an event like this.

glad people have to acknowledge how good zack if he chooses to stop being held back by bayo he will excel moving forward.

Scarlet Spyder

Smash Cadet
This tournament was amazing! I found it hard to turn off twitch.tv at some points because they'd stream amazing match after match. I particularly enjoyed watching Leffen, MK Leo, and Zackray (this kid is nuts) play. Super great tournament and I'm loving the amount of character diversity still, about 2 months into the game.

Nitros14

Smash Journeyman
Shout out to the hero who took all three of Leffen's stocks with a Bowser f-smash.

Got destroyed before and after that, but it was glorious.

Top Bottom