• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 3 Discussion (Kirby)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The 'first iteration' of Genesis 3 pools are now available. (Bracket Page)
I'm in Bracket F42. Anyone know of any other Kirby players in the brackets?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I don't recognize any names in your pool except DKWill... who has a lot of Kirby experience, thanks to Mike and possibly Ken109. I hope you've got a plan for DK!
And Triple R has Vinnie, who also has Kirby experience thanks to Mike and other New Yorkers :p

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
T!MmY, you also have to go aganist Nasubi, a good Wario main in japan. If I'm correct, that's one's sopposed to be One of the harder areas. Good luck.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I hope you've got a plan for DK!
That was a tough match-up in Brawl, but I would just pull out Dedede back then. In SSB4 the match-up was pretty do-able until the Ding-Dong update. Now it's back to being an awful match-up. T_T

DK is a match-up I should probably switch to a counterpick character, but my Kirby is leagues ahead of any counterpick I could think of. It'll be a challenge, but I'll do my best.

And I approve of the Airplane! reference.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Soulimar is a good PR Olimar from SoCal worth looking out for. Other than him and DKWill, I don't know everyone else.

Last edited:

TimG57867

Smash Ace
So in case you guys haven't been keeping up with Genesis 3 Pools, our little pink pal sadly didn't have the best run. Both Triple R Triple R and t!MmY t!MmY got taken out fairly early in their respective pool brackets:

Triple R
https://smash.gg/tournament/genesis-3/brackets/10619/2620/17848

t1mmy
https://smash.gg/tournament/genesis-3/brackets/10619/2620/11869

I think those two were the only well known Kirby mains who showed up for this tourney (I don't about any sleeper Kirby's but I don't think any got to the final rounds of R1 pools considering the seeding) so it looks like Kirby won't be making headway at Genesis 3 sadly. Nevertheless, good job and big thanks for repping Kirby Triple R and t1mmy. Those pools must have been rough considering you guys didn't even get the chance to fight Vinnie and DKWill. Do you guys have anything you'd like to say about your experience?

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
So in case you guys haven't been keeping up with Genesis 3 Pools, our little pink pal sadly didn't have the best run. Both Triple R Triple R and t!MmY t!MmY got taken out fairly early in their respective pool brackets:

Triple R
https://smash.gg/tournament/genesis-3/brackets/10619/2620/17848

t1mmy
https://smash.gg/tournament/genesis-3/brackets/10619/2620/11869

I think those two were the only well known Kirby mains who showed up for this tourney (I don't about any sleeper Kirby's but I don't think any got to the final rounds of R1 pools considering the seeding) so it looks like Kirby won't be making headway at Genesis 3 sadly. Nevertheless, good job and big thanks for repping Kirby Triple R and t1mmy. Those pools must have been rough considering you guys didn't even get the chance to fight Vinnie and DKWill. Do you guys have anything you'd like to say about your experience?
Who were they beat by? Any sleeper players?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
But he got buffed :(
How many balance patches have there been? He's gotten buffed in almost every one :(

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Honestly, I'm glad this happened. REALLY happy, tbh.

This is a Nintendo-Sponsered tournament. And many japanease players are here. So if Kirby did this bad, Nintendo will buff him again. And this doesn't harm him viably, since there is still Mikekirby and Smash G0D, who didn't come at all!!!!

The only other better thing that could happen is Kirby getting into top 32.

TimG57867

Smash Ace

This is a Nintendo-Sponsered tournament. And many japanease players are here. So if Kirby did this bad, Nintendo will buff him again. And this doesn't harm him viably, since there is still Mikekirby and Smash G0D, who didn't come at all!!!!

I actually agree with this. Let's be honest. The Up Throw buff was easily one of best buffs Kirby's gotten, if not THE best. But while's it has solved our killing problem, it hasn't fixed our other crippling problem: neutral. Kirby didn't have the greatest approach in Brawl, but he could get by thanks to his higher air speed, Final Cutter, and B-Air. Take this set from Brawl for example:

Meta Knight isn't nearly as strong in Smash 4 as we was in Brawl, yet Kirby could actually handle the matchup better back then simply because his air speed and B-Air gave him a safe approach while Final Cutter kept him from getting camped to hell. Here in Smash 4, he now can get camped hard by a greater number of characters because Final Cutter's projectile has become unusable, and he can't approach safely anymore due to no longer having any aerials that come out sooner than Frame 10 that have low landing lag. Kirby's definitely come a long way since the game's launch, but I just won't feel comfortable calling him optimally balanced until his air game (i.e air speed and aerial frame data) and Final Cutter get fixed.

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer

Zelda and Jigglypuff mains might have thought the same way.

Anyways, candidly? I need to see how they played. MikeKirby is far and away our best Kirby, and we need to see him to understand what Kirby needs.

Last edited:

Charoite

Smash Journeyman
or maybe kirby players are not on the same level of the top players yet, you can't expect top placings only because of buffs, unless your buff make your character to top tier status, and even then you need to be a good player, you don't see:4bowser::4lucas:,:4mewtwo:,:4robinf:,:4link:,:4charizard:, in this tournament despite getting more substantial buffs than kirby, hell a :4tlink: got 9th and that character hasn't recibe buffs, practice your character, and become a better player.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
or maybe kirby players are not on the same level of the top players yet, you can't expect top placings only because of buffs, unless your buff make your character to top tier status, and even then you need to be a good player, you don't see:4bowser::4lucas:,:4mewtwo:,:4robinf:,:4link:,:4charizard:, in this tournament despite getting more substantial buffs than kirby, hell a :4tlink: got 9th and that character hasn't recibe buffs, practice your character, and become a better player.
True. You can't rely on patches to make you a better player although you do need them to make the character themselves on par with other characters. MikeKirby who's our #1 player atm might go to Apex so that'll probably give us a clearer outlook on Kirby's competitive standing. I still think getting his old approach options back and a usable Final Cutter would make his design perfect for what it is however.
And to be fair, I don't think :4tlink: really needs any buffs. He was probably never bad and is likely sitting in optimal balance. It's just that in the early days not many serious people used him in the U.S so people just assumed he wasn't viable. I do understand your point though.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I don't know if you guys heard about what happened to my carpool to Genesis, so I'll go over it here but I'll try to keep it concise.

My carpool broke down on the freeway down to San Jose in the middle of Nowhere NorCal with snow billowing and ice forming on the roads. We called the other car that we left with from our area (they left maybe 5 mins ahead of us from the gas station) but they said with the snowy conditions they didn't want to come back for us.

Once we got a tow to the mechanic they told us that they wouldn't have the car fixed before closing that night, so we had to get a room. We didn't even know if we were going to get to Genesis in time for our pools and even considered turning back and going home (especially after all the costs).

We ended up heading down to Genesis because the weather conditions were clearing up the next day. When we got into San Jose we found out that our group that got there the previous day canceled our hotel room so we didn't have any place to stay. Also, most of us were DQ'd from our brackets before we arrived, but I managed to get to the venue in time to play in my brackets. I'm going to go ahead and john a little because of all the problems going on and I didn't get much in the way of practice/warm-ups before jumping into Pools.

I feel bad that I couldn't rep Kirby better being one of the bigger Kirby names attending. At least even in the Sets that I lost I had close games and went 2-1 against good players. The Meta Knight player that I met up with on Winner's side (ThatOneOtherDude) was nothing to sleep on since he could combo into Shuttle Loop Death combos off a single hit.

The silver lining is that even though I didn't get out of Pools and got DQ'd from all the other events I entered, I went on to have a great time at Genesis 3. I met so many people and played lots of Kirby (Melee & SSB4) and impressed a lot of people.

- - - - - -
(Everyone here should be following me on Twitter @t1mmy_ssb)

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
That's awful, I feel so bad for you.
But at least you still had fun, and hey, remember what a Wintermelon above said?
He actually very well could be right. This actually may help Kirby more then you might think, though I could be wrong, but I hope he's right.

Only time will tell.......anything can happen next patch.....so..many..things...

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Only time will tell.......anything can happen next patch.....so..many..things...
After seeing how other top tier characters have been developing I can say there's a sizeable gap between them and Kirby. I feel he is still a viable character, but it's obvious why Kirby is so underused. He is difficult to learn, so characters that get bigger payout for less time invested can be more appealing (e.g. Mario, Yoshi, Rosalina). And for a character that is difficult to learn he doesn't get super awesome jank that he can rely on (e.g. Zero Suit, Meta Knight).

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Sadly it's true, but would you agree that all us Kirby mains, maybe including Mike and SmashGod and such, still need to improve themselves? Like some things you can't really blame the character for, but more so yourself?

I hope some see that and understand.

Also I'm curious to know something.

Ok so the luigi, to Mike, is our worst MU, and after seeing just 1 video of him fighting one.....yea I could seriously tell the struggle was real. Then who's next yoshi/Sonic? People say Yoshi technically gets easier when you know how to play the MU and that it's not all that tough. I saw him fight a Sonic, granted I doubt he was the greatest, he definitely knew what he was doing and when to do what action.

So apart from those 3 debatable characters, do we lose to anyone else significantly?
Like I know we don't win many top/high tier MUs, we more or less go near evenish to slight disadvantages, and that's what I want to know.
If your character has a lot of SLIGHT disadvantage MUs against higher tired characters, but are perfectly duable, is it still bad? I mean, in my eyes, they are MUs the character is very well capable of handling themselves, and even if there is a lot, if your on point, you generally shouldn't have much trouble.

I mean would you agree that our MU spread is nearly like it is in Brawl? Slightly better or worse?

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Sadly it's true, but would you agree that all us Kirby mains, maybe including Mike and SmashGod and such, still need to improve themselves? Like some things you can't really blame the character for, but more so yourself?

I hope some see that and understand.

Ok so the luigi, to Mike, is our worst MU, and after seeing just 1 video of him fighting one.....yea I could seriously tell the struggle was real. Then who's next yoshi/Sonic? People say Yoshi technically gets easier when you know how to play the MU and that it's not all that tough. I saw him fight a Sonic, granted I doubt he was the greatest, he definitely knew what he was doing and when to do what action.

So apart from those 3 debatable characters, do we lose to anyone else significantly?
Like I know we don't win many top/high tier MUs, we more or less go near evenish to slight disadvantages, and that's what I want to know.
If your character has a lot of SLIGHT disadvantage MUs against higher tired characters, but are perfectly duable, is it still bad? I mean, in my eyes, they are MUs the character is very well capable of handling themselves, and even if there is a lot, if your on point, you generally shouldn't have much trouble.

I mean would you agree that our MU spread is nearly like it is in Brawl? Slightly better or worse?
Now I am not a top Kirby, but I actually don't think Luigi is Kirby's worst matchup though he's probably in the Top 5 and possibly #2. I watched MikeKirby's match against Dill, but I think a big part of it had to do with him getting outplayed. While Luigi naturally outboxes Kirby on almost all fronts with a good projectile and superior frame data and hard hitting moves, the fact is that he still has to work his way up to get a kill on Kirby, especially after the nerf. And while it can be hard, it is possible to gimp him, be it hitting his Down B with a rock or D-Air'ing him with. Plus Kirby has better mobility so it is possible to get a some space on him. I watched closely how Dill played against Mike and it just seemed like he always one or two steps ahead of Mike. The number of powershield punishes he got was absurd. Everytime Mike was crouching, he almost always made the best choice between grabbing Mike or bluffing and punishing Mike's D-Tilt. I also don't think the stage choice also put Mike on disadvantage. Luigi is one of the few character Kirby actually wants to distance himself from a good chunk of the time which just isn't possible on Smashville. On top of that MikeKirby never got the power (although I don't he had much of an oppurtunity) . While it isn't a gamechanger, having the Luigi hat can make that fireball zoning less of a pain.

If you ask me, Kirby's current worst matchup is :4metaknight:. Luigi can snuff you out a lot but at least he actually has to build percent up. A good Meta Knight can take your stock off one punish when you're as low as 20%. While he can Rufio cheeze almost any character, Kirby is one of the few that has almost no way to break out of this or camp him away as B-Air has too much lag and the other aerials are too slow. Final Cutter's range reduction also leaves Kirby with no way to maintain space. He's notably fast than Kirby and is rocking disjoints which makes challenging him rough. And do to his small hurtbox, we can't really get any spectacular string on him and that Up-Tilt makes landing with D-Air a really risk. On top of that, we can't really do much to edge guard him while he as a relatively easy time edgeguarding us. Not to mention, taking his ability, which is our usual ace in the hole, is pointless as it does way less damage than his and gives him a free punish if we whiff. At least Luigi is slow, has a useful power, has to build up damage and is gimpable. We don't even have that going for us against Meta Knight.

That said I do agree that :4yoshi: probably isn't as bad as many of used to think. I think it just took many Kirby players a while to realize that you just have to stay grounded in that matchup and with the new Up Throw, getting is more doable. :4sonic: is more debatable but might just be easier than Luigi as well. His camping game is a major pain for Kirby now our Final Cutter's range has been neutered, but our CQ game does make getting the first stock doable, and if we do take the first stock things get easier.

PS: I actually think our matchup spread was better in Brawl. Proportionately, our winning to even to losing matchup ratio is probably the same but this game has almost twice as many characters and thus about twice as many bad matchups. If we still had our old options in neutral like B-Air and Final Cutter along with our old range and air speed, our matchup spread would probably be better in this game but those being gone now kinda cancels out our better D-Air and killing ability.

Last edited:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Well of course there's room for improvement for everyone, but if you mean Kirby is perfectly fine and we're just being lazy about pulling out the potential of our character then I'll have to disagree with you.

From what I see, Kirby players are some of the most dedicated players of their characters. The work I see other Kirby players put in makes me proud. Shoutouts to MikeKirby and Asdioh, you guys are great. I'm not going to take all that work for granted and blame the player while ignoring the character. At the same time I see where you're coming from and I also will not entirely blame the character and ignore the player. Right now I just accept that there are still improvements I can make as a player and accept the flaws of my character while working with the strengths.

I should probably make a separate post about this considering how big of a topic it is...

Ok so the luigi, to Mike, is our worst MU...
Then who's next yoshi/Sonic?
:4luigi:
I feel like Luigi is debatable and not nearly as bad as before the nerf. As for who's more difficult between Yoshi and Sonic... If anything Sonic is more obnoxious to fight than Yoshi. Also, different play-styles play a role in these two Match Ups with a patient play style helping more in the Sonic Match Up.

I'd rather you rephrased this to "Are there any other characters with significant advantages against Kirby?" Flat out saying 'we lose' sounds too much like giving up to me. In this regard, let me point out some characters for you:

Cloud :4cloud:
Everything that beats Kirby is personified with Cloud. Disjointed sword attacks, projectile, fast movement. On top of all that he has Limit Break shenanigans. Cloud's recovery is abusable, but not enough to make up for the rest of the match-up.

Donkey Kong :4dk:
DK has huge range combined with powerful attacks. He's also much faster in the air with attacks that come out faster and have fast enough cool-down that he can play safe or go for mix-ups. While Kirby gets decent damage on DK with combos at lower percents DK's heavy weight makes up for that and gimping DK is usually a better option than trying to get him to KO percents. More than anything, the "Ding-Dong" combo out of a cargo grab is just ridiculous.

There are other match-ups, but those two in particular I feel address your question well enough.

If your character has a lot of SLIGHT disadvantage MUs against higher tired characters, but are perfectly duable, is it still bad?
Having only slight disadvantages against "higher-tiered" characters is actually quite good since those are the ones you'd see most in tournaments. Kirby doesn't have only slight disadvantages against ALL the higher-tiered characters. He has decent match-ups on Shiek, Zero Suit, possibly others but those two in particular as they are Top Tier. Unfortunately Kirby also has some awful higher-tiered match-ups (of which we've just talk about) as well as some bad match-ups through the whole cast.

Kirby's (SSB4) match-up spread is not nearly like it was for Kirby (Brawl). In Brawl, Kirby had awful match-ups with practically all the higher-tiered characters, had bad match-ups with the mediocre characters, had some decent match-ups here and there, and then beat out the low-tiers (the low-tiers lost to everyone it seemed). And there was also Meta Knight. >_>

SSB4 Kirby does so much better now. He may struggle, but most match ups are winnable, and he does okay against two of the best characters in the game. His bad match-ups are pretty bad though. But at least there's no match-up as bad as Meta Knight/Ice Climbers/Olimar in Brawl.

If you ask me, Kirby's current worst matchup is :4metaknight:.
Every Meta Knight I played at Genesis 3 could, and would, KO me at absurd percents. They knew all the conversions into Shuttle Loop and would viciously exploit it. I don't think I would get much beyond 40% to 50% before losing my stock (especially if it was on Town & City or Dreamland).

Even given all that, I don't think this match-up is completely terrible. Yes it sucks that you can get KO'd almost at any time, but Meta Knight still has to get in close to do his damage. This gives Kirby opportunities to get his damage in as well and Kirby can go toe-to-toe with Meta Knight in the speed/range department. The worst part is how much faster Meta Knight is allowing him to pressure and punish with greater ease (which of course then leads to taking the stock).

Difficult? Sure. Current worst match up? I don't think so.

Last edited:

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Well of course there's room for improvement for everyone, but if you mean Kirby is perfectly fine and we're just being lazy about pulling out the potential of our character then I'll have to disagree with you.

From what I see, Kirby players are some of the most dedicated players of their characters. The work I see other Kirby players put in makes me proud. Shoutouts to MikeKirby and Asdioh, you guys are great. I'm not going to take all that work for granted and blame the player while ignoring the character. At the same time I see where you're coming from and I also will not entirely blame the character and ignore the player. Right now I just accept that there are still improvements I can make as a player and accept the flaws of my character while working with the strengths.

I should probably make a separate post about this considering how big of a topic it is...

I feel like Luigi is debatable and not nearly as bad as before the nerf. As for who's more difficult between Yoshi and Sonic... If anything Sonic is more obnoxious to fight than Yoshi. Also, different play-styles play a role in these two Match Ups with a patient play style helping more in the Sonic Match Up.

I'd rather you rephrased this to "Are there any other characters with significant advantages against Kirby?" Flat out saying 'we lose' sounds too much like giving up to me. In this regard, let me point out some characters for you:

Cloud
Everything that beats Kirby is personified with Cloud. Disjointed sword attacks, projectile, fast movement. On top of all that he has Limit Break shenanigans. Cloud's recovery is abusable, but not enough to make up for the rest of the match-up.

Donkey Kong
DK has huge range combined with powerful attacks. He's also much faster in the air with attacks that come out faster and have fast enough cool-down that he can play safe or go for mix-ups. While Kirby gets decent damage on him with combos at lower percents his heavy weight makes up for that and gimping him is usually a better option than trying to get him to KO percents. More than anything, the "Ding-Dong" combo DK has out of a cargo grab is just ridiculous.

There are other match-ups, but those two in particular I feel address your question well enough.

Having only slight disadvantages against "higher-tiered" characters is actually quite good since those are the ones you'd see most in tournaments. Kirby doesn't have only slight disadvantages against ALL the higher-tiered characters. He has decent match-ups on Shiek, Zero Suit, possibly others but those two in particular as they are Top Tier. Unfortunately Kirby also has some awful higher-tiered match-ups (of which we've just talk about) as well as some bad match-ups through the whole cast.

Kirby's (SSB4) match-up spread is not nearly like it was for Kirby (Brawl). In Brawl, Kirby had awful match-ups with practically all the higher-tiered characters, had bad match-ups with the mediocre characters, had some decent match-ups here and there, and then beat out the low-tiers (the low-tiers lost to everyone it seemed). And there was also Meta Knight. >_>

SSB4 Kirby does so much better now. He may struggle, but most match ups are winnable, and he does okay against two of the best characters in the game. His bad match-ups are pretty bad though. But at least there's no match-up as bad as Meta Knight/Ice Climbers/Olimar in Brawl.

Every Meta Knight I played at Genesis 3 could, and would, KO me at absurd percents. They knew all the conversions into Shuttle Loop and would viciously exploit it. I don't think I would get much beyond 40% to 50% before losing my stock (especially if it was on Town & City or Dreamland).

Even given all that, I don't think this match-up is completely terrible. Yes it sucks that you can get KO'd almost at any time, but Meta Knight still has to get in close to do his damage. This gives Kirby opportunities to get his damage in as well and Kirby can go toe-to-toe with Meta Knight in the speed/range department. The worst part is how much faster Meta Knight is allowing him to pressure and punish with greater ease (which of course then leads to taking the stock).

Difficult? Sure. Current worst match up? I don't think so.
Good post. When I spoke about matchups, I was mostly speaking about quantity rather than severity. I don't know how accurate the ssbwiki's SSBB matchup spread for Kirby is but Kirby's spread seems mostly negative on the top, evenish near the middle, and positive near the end. I think Kirby's bad, even, and good matchups are more scattered across the tier list in this game, but proportionately, I still feel it's about the same as Brawl. Then again you're the one who played and kept up with competitive Brawl so I'll take your word for it.

But in regards to matchups, what DO you think is Kirby's worst matchup is if isn't Meta Knight? I know :4myfriends::4yoshi::4sonic::4luigi: and :4dk: are pretty nasty and :4cloud: is potentially shaping up to be a problem too, but none of them ever seemed quite as bad to me as :4metaknight: going off sets I watched and personal experience. I'd love to your thoughts.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
But in regards to matchups, what DO you think is Kirby's worst matchup is if isn't Meta Knight? I know :4myfriends::4yoshi::4sonic::4luigi: and :4dk: are pretty nasty and :4cloud: is potentially shaping up to be a problem too, but none of them ever seemed quite as bad to me as :4metaknight: going off sets I watched and personal experience. I'd love to your thoughts.
Right now a bad match-up for Kirby is about as bad as any other bad match-up. It's probably just personal bias based on playstyle and the opponents one has faced.

With me, for instance, I had to play a ton of Meta Knights back in Brawl and the match-up was incredibly skewed. I had to be frame-perfect with my punishes and take huge gambles for every little exchange while Meta Knight could safely throw out whatever he wanted and profit. So I'm probably a little biased against the Meta Knight match-up. I admit it seems pretty bad, but at the same time I feel like I can still do things back to Meta Knight and out play him.

Match-ups that shut down not just my usual game plan but most of all my various game plans seem like really bad match-ups. As you know, I've played Kirby for years and have had to adapt to a huge variety of match-ups and players' styles. When I run into a character that shuts down strategy after strategy, that's when I start thinking it's a terrible match-up.

Currently I'm thinking Cloud and Donkey Kong are match-ups I would advice using a different character than Kirby. Actually, I tried this out in tournament. I lost the 1st game to a Cloud in Winner's bracket about two weeks ago, and while I knew staying Kirby wouldn't competitively be a good idea I stuck with it to learn the match-up better and ended up going to Loser's. I met up with the same Cloud in Loser's Bracket and decided to see how I would do switching off the match-up. I chose Mario (whom I don't practice and rarely play) but he plays sort of like Kirby so I went with it. I ended up winning two consecutive games against him... pretty easily.

Ike can be pretty difficult. He seems to be a lot like Cloud, but he doesn't control the neutral game quite so much without the Buster Shot and Limit Break charge. The problem against Ike is dealing with his spacing game and how he can KO with aerials where Kirby can struggle to get the KO on Ike (Ike is pretty resistant to U-throw KOs).

And just to make this seem like we're not off-topic, a lot of my current opinions are coming from my experience at Genesis 3. ;)
I got to play, for instance, Mr. R's Meta Knight in friendlies.

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Interesting....I see what you mean, and I like it.
Kirby is one of the weirder characters.
Btw are there any G3 videos yet? If so, where?
I can't do Streams because they lag too much for me, but it for sure sounded hype.

Also sorry for bugging you, but t!MmY t!MmY , did you not use to have a brother that played smash bros with you as well?(he mained Pichu in Melee) What ever happened to him? Or I am mistaken and it was someone else?

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
t!MmY t!MmY welp, I was too busy chilling with the Australian players and Japanese players that I didn't try to contact you to meet up x.x

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
did you not use to have a brother that played smash bros with you as well?(he mained Pichu in Melee) What ever happened to him? Or I am mistaken and it was someone else?
Used to? He still does. That's t0mmy, he plays Pikachu in SSB, Pichu/Jiggly in Melee, R.O.B. in Brawl, and Mii Fighter in SSB4 (but he has to use other characters since so many tournaments screw Mii Fighter over with rules, so he uses Sheik a lot).

He went down to Genesis 3, and went by the name t0mMii. You know, to let people know that Mii players are a thing.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Used to? He still does. That's t0mmy, he plays Pikachu in SSB, Pichu/Jiggly in Melee, R.O.B. in Brawl, and Mii Fighter in SSB4 (but he has to use other characters since so many tournaments screw Mii Fighter over with rules, so he uses Sheik a lot).

He went down to Genesis 3, and went by the name t0mMii. You know, to let people know that Mii players are a thing.
To go on a tangent, I can't help but feel frustrated by the lack of support Miis get. I feel like they would be more relevant to the overall community if they could be used on For Glory but since they aren't allowed online (barring matches set up with friends) along with customs the masses tend to gloss over them which in turn makes it easier for tournaments to make rules that give them the short end of the stick. It'd be so cool if Nintendo made an update that allowed default Miis on For Glory and For Fun. It'd give them more exposure and actually make them seem like part of the metagame.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Oops... I bustered out early. Then did ok in Melee. Kinda a rough tourney. I too spent a bunch of time with Australians instead of playing other Kirbys. I ended up teaming with one.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Oops... I bustered out early. Then did ok in Melee. Kinda a rough tourney. I too spent a bunch of time with Australians instead of playing other Kirbys. I ended up teaming with one.
I didn't get to enter Melee, but I randomly was in the Free Play room when a group of people started up a Kirby Only Melee bracket.

To go on a tangent, I can't help but feel frustrated by the lack of support Miis get.
Ironically enough they're allowed to be used in Tourney Mode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom