• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 2 Info Dump!: Pre-Genesis; players are arriving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
I really don't understand why people are saying Mango needs to beat Taj again after 4 stocking him in losers and 3-0ing him...

Let it be known that wobbling was legal and no IC player got top 7. I was definitely expecting Fly or Wobbles to be there but this goes to show that wobbling isn't THAT gamebreaking.
or maybe they're not as good as you thought :surprised:

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
I always thought it was insane that wobbling was banned. Ever.

Come on. It's the Ice Climbers. Yeah. If it were any other character like Fox or Falco or Sheik or Marf or Peach or like ANYONE that would be silly. But no. The Ice Climbers have it. Simple. Like, just imagine. The Captain with wobbling. Dash dash dash GRAB HALP. The Ice Climbers can't do that, see, because they're the Ice Climbers.

You have to assume that allllllllllll of those Ice Climber players were wobbling. Why wouldn't they? If they weren't then uh, I guess somebody can go link to sirlin or something other.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
wobbling was legal, but were the ics players actually wobbling? i didnt see any of them play so...
Wobbles did (surprised?).
However, he is a guy capable of doing some seriously crazy stuff with ICs as well, so those matches I saw on the stream were crazy. Wobbles would probably(adding "probably" in the sentence not to start a ****ing discussion about this) have placed just as good without Wobbling anyways.

I always thought it was insane that wobbling was banned. Ever.
I completely agree with you, and as a tournament organizer I've always allowed Wobbling, no matter how much people have been crying about it.

Violence

Smash Lord
Wobbles wobbled like a madman in crews. I think it was the most wobbling's ever been cheered for.

I think Fly attempted a wobble, but failed. I could be wrong though. He was more of a spacing + desync trap->combo punish style during crews.

Hax

Smash Champion
Fly wobbled me during our tourney set, but the technique is by no means broken. IC's need everything they can get, and honestly if an IC's player is able to grab you with Nana in range then he deserves to take your stock. to actually meet that condition is a lot harder than it sounds.

Composeur

Smash Ace
Beating someone in Smash does not make you better than them. Beating people they cannot beat does. Seriously, people need to get this through their heads. In competitive gaming, especially in games where a single player isn't dominating another each and every time (as in, let's say, constant 2-stocking), if you're that close when you fight each other, the measure of your skill is not if you beat the other player but whom you can beat that the other player can't or, if both players can beat roughly the same players, by how much more one beats other players when compared to one's opponent.
I'm sorry, do you think you're contradicting me or something?

Beat!

Smash Master
Fly wobbled me during our tourney set, but the technique is by no means broken. IC's need everything they can get, and honestly if an IC's player is able to grab you with Nana in range then he deserves to take your stock. to actually meet that condition is a lot harder than it sounds.
Beautiful words.

Wobbles wobbled like a madman in crews. I think it was the most wobbling's ever been cheered for.

I think Fly attempted a wobble, but failed. I could be wrong though. He was more of a spacing + desync trap->combo punish style during crews.
i tihnk fly was just trying not to be that gay for the crew battle since its not entertaining. maybe not tho, he wobbled me in our tourney set too.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i don't see why there's any issue with taj vs mango at all

mango's performance in LSF and LFs show how unbelievably good he is. mango just lost in taj's best matchup partially because he sorta played into taj's hands. taj admits that mango is a much better player than him.

before he went into LFs, he was actually saying that he'd probably let mango go to GFs regardless of who won LFs just to give everyone a better show in GFs. also, he said something along the lines of "yeah, i understand that there are bigger things than me placing well in this tournament. and that would be ARMADA GETTING SECOND!!!"

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Christ, he was 14-years old when he made his big entrance on EU at RoS4.
This is actually a bit inaccurate. I believe he started attending (Swedish) tournaments at the age of 11 age RoS2 (though I cannot be sure, I know for a fact that he and Aniolas both attended RoS2). It was at RoS4 that he started beasting everyone, however.

The two of them are actually veterans, at least when it comes to the European Smash scene.

I'm sorry, do you think you're contradicting me or something?
I was elaborating on your point since it was so very vague and almost off-topic (since the discussion was who is the better player, not why Armada won, outside of simply being the better player).

People really need to calm their mammal glands. The Americans are going nuts Johning for Mango while the Europeans are going nuts declaring Armada the best. You know what, when it comes to those two, it might be as close as them switching positions as to who's better at any given time.

And it shouldn't really matter much, anyway, unless one's a fanboy (or, you know, Mango or Armada).

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I did try to wobble once in the crew battle, but messed up. The reason I didn't wobble much is that the way I play against a lot of characters doesn't create many openings for the technique; I have nothing against wobbling and will do it whenever I think it is in my best interest to do so.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
samochan's posts
straight up, samochan know's what's up. Aniolas has some of the best team work I've ever seen. probably because outside of M2K/Mango/Hbox most american players just treat teams as two 1v1s. Team UGS is something that America had never seen before. I think Armada/M2K team is only marginally better than Team UGS if at all. Aniolas' team work is just too good.

**** the haters

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think even if armada wins 3 national American tournament in a row in 3 years, people will still argue that mango is better.

And if Mango went to an Europe tournament and loses, people would blame PAL.

At all, Armada CAN'T be the best in the world, because America doesn't want Armada to be the best. They want Mango.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
No

i think just winning once isnt enough. and thats how its always been. azen beating ken didnt make azen the best. it meant ken lost.

m2k beating pc once didnt make him the best... ETC ETC

a lot of americans dont want armada to be the best because people equate armada with eu and mango with us, and the whole eu>us if armada is the best.
(even though its stupid to think that eu is better than us anyway, unless you are mikehaggar)

mango just teaches me stuff in every match i watch of him. and armada just does the same stuff but better and gayer every time.

if armada wins again, then theres no question hes better. but once isnt enough for me and for a lot of people. otherwise the "best" could change every national.. which isnt practical or reasonable at all

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
I did try to wobble once in the crew battle, but messed up. The reason I didn't wobble much is that the way I play against a lot of characters doesn't create many openings for the technique; I have nothing against wobbling and will do it whenever I think it is in my best interest to do so.
Spoken like a boss. There are soooooo many dudes that are like - "I don't play this way because it's cheap. Or that character. Or this character."

Right.

Beating someone in Smash does not make you better than them.
I agree. Maybe it's not completely obvious right off, but once you think for like, half a second or something, yeah. It makes sense.

Do you think that when Combofiend beat Justin Wong people thought he was better then Wong?

What about that one tournament in which Kage beat Mango?

Come on. Things happen. now, if there is ONE player that CONSISTANTLY wins most of the time, then there's something there, maybe.

But a win here and there? Naw. Doesn’t mean much. It’s what you do most of the time that counts, not some of the time. Hee hee.

Anyway. Good stuff to Armada. He looks like such a cool dude. Seriously. The hair is too good.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
people johned for M2K forever, even after RoM, before people finally accepted mango was better. people are going to say the same bull**** about armada regardless of whether or not he ends up being better.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
One win means one win. Thats it. Two national wins from Armada against try-hard Mango would solidify him as the probable best, and three wins would clinch it. This has nothing to do with national pride or some crap.
mango just teaches me stuff in every match i watch of him. and armada just does the same stuff but better and gayer every time.
lol, so true. As far as I'm concerned, Armada has beaten Hungrybox 0 sets in melee and 2 sets in Brawl. ^_^

Just kidding. Armada is freaking good.
*But seriously, cut that crap out.*

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
people johned for M2K forever, even after RoM, before people finally accepted mango was better. people are going to say the same bull**** about armada regardless of whether or not he ends up being better.
people on the forums johned for m2k because they were fanboys

i remember back in 08 when there were m2k threads everywhere, oh god.
i liked him too but it was because of his style.

u are creating some hypothetical smasher and saying that "people" acted like him.
sorry bro but u are very wrong. after mango won rom i dont think anyone except the proven m2k fanboys tried to say he was the best anymore

the whole point is mango had beaten him before, and did it again in public, and then everyone knew that his puff was king (GET IT HAHAHAH).

also u are wrong and dont know what people actually thought back then. real troll

also european posters stop being so butthurt over everything. seriously the sarcastic self righteous armada-*****s are getting real old

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
difference is

strong bad says people will continue johning

i said people will not continue johning, only select fanboys will

for his evidence he used the "past" where people johned for m2k

i used the past where a few select forum posters posted johns for m2k

really, noob?

really?

Veetaak

Smash Lord
I don't like safehaven's posts, they are pretty stupid and pointless. You might think I pick on him now cuz that's the mainstream thing to do but I can't read any of it without thinking "Wtf?"

You have to look beyond a certain number of wins where you think a person is better than another one if you want to make a proper judgement of who is the better one in your eyes. Look at the players overall skill and not how well they performed at just those 1 or 2 tournaments

Eggz

Smash Hero
Important: I lost this jacket at Genesis

Kind of important, not only as it's an $80ish jacket, but it was a gift from my deceased friend. If anyone has it, please let me know!

Djent

Smash Champion
I'm kind of glad to see some top player support for Wobbling, especially from non-ICs players. I was beginning to think I was crazy when the whole chat raged at my pro-Wobbling status LOL.

Results plz.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
people on the forums johned for m2k because they were fanboys

i remember back in 08 when there were m2k threads everywhere, oh god.
i liked him too but it was because of his style.
*looks at join date*

Nov 2010

difference is

strong bad says people will continue johning

i said people will not continue johning, only select fanboys will

for his evidence he used the "past" where people johned for m2k

i used the past where a few select forum posters posted johns for m2k

really, noob?really?
Use of the word noob?

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
yeah cause this is my first account on smashboards lolll... right

the point is that eu *****es are screaming that armada is the best, and the armada fanboys (or mango haters, or just the people who want to be hipster) are saying armada is the best as well because he beat mango.

one win looks more like an exception than a rule. and 1 out of 4 or 5 is definitely and exception, if u look at armadas performance over the years.

i also love his peach. but so what? if youre the best win, again. if u dont have this kind of attitude, be prepared to change your opinion of who's really best every 3 or 4 months.

theres nothing unclear about that post lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom