• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Generating A Win: An Electrifying Guide to Pikachu

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
that riku looks too girly ;l
Lol, I'm surprised you actually knew it was Riku. XD I know. I'm running out of good (as in, ones that can reasonably be made into avatars) pics of him to use.... I might have to move on to Larxene or Sora soon. :(

But let's be honest. Riku always looks kind of girly.

Apocaylpz0

Smash Rookie
Can i just say something... When i verse ike chars when they do their dash attack ( i mean the equivelent to fox's b-Side) thunderbolt can cancel it out check it out but it doesnt work on fox or falco didnt try it on wolf

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
This guide is the best formatted and most detailed guide I have seen on Smashboards so far. I just picked up Pikachu Thursday, and this guide has been a huge help to me in learning how to play the yellow mouse. Thanks a lot!

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Great and awesome guide, it was great! It taught me a few things about QAC and Utilt... and I have to practice my grabbing more. I also have a small note that some Pika mains or starters might find useful- Pika's size combined with his speed make for epic jumping evasion moves. I can't say I can name them all or tell you exactly how to do certain ones, because I haven't tested this that much (I'm just getting into competitive play)- but I can tell you that they can make others frustrated with Pika's ability to dodge, jump, and quickly do it all over again. Also, your best choice for jumping is to jump backwards- not only do you have much more control over your jump (you can move back and forth), but it also lasts much longer and makes it a little harder for your opponent to hit you if you practice. Thanks to everyone who made that long guide, it was very helpful. ~

bigman40

Smash Master
Make sure that you put in uber caps, "CORE GAMEPLAY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO LEARN!" I don't wanna see more Pika players use techs and CGs and have a very weak core. I might start stressing it much more in my critiques....

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ehm Good content, but skip the jokes, it sounds as bad as when an adult tries to talk like a teenager, lol.
Jokes? Not sure which section you're talking about (since we all wrote different ones), but I don't recall anyone trying to tell jokes in their section. :confused:

Anyway, I'm updating soon..... probably within the next few days. If anyone has any suggestions for things to add/change/remove, post them here. Also, thanks to everyone who's complimented the guide!

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
Meh I used to main Pika before but dropped him, after reading this I feel like picking him up again and trying some of the stuff in the guide. It helped quite a lot.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
****ing long text is ****ing long. o.e I started reading this at half hour. KayLo! you owe me my **** 25 mins back

Twilight_Galaxy

Smash Cadet
oh god this is such a great read! i only got half way through and learned alot of little tips and tricks... epic guide kaylo it was organized and just awesome ... Pikachu should totally be top teir and this list proves it. haha

Dragon20942

Smash Rookie
You and Anther are my inspiration! The taunt section i must say is the best though. Keep up the good work!

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
For some odd reason I cannot find the OP for the u-air 0-death on all the cast. I think it should be linked to the OP of this thread with the percentages and stuff, since it sorta phased out of the first page of the pika boards.

*if i am just lost, please point me in the right direction ^_^*

EDIT: Although i could find ONE remaining link to the OP through silversparks 100+ tricks that can be found through the 'Start here guide', I still think that the u-air footstool to death should be at least re-linked through generating a win or at least on the front page of 'start here guide' somewhere. Thanks.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'll tell Prime to link it in the research thread and add it to the guide here when I get a chance. The whole guide needs a revamp, period. x.x It's kind of really outdated at this point, although a majority of things haven't changed too too much.

Also, at the bottom of the Pikachu forum (or any forum), you can change the settings ("Display Options") to display older posts. I think the default is posts from the last month, but you can increase it all the way to showing posts from the beginning, hehe.

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Kaylo: I was reading through this guide again (I find it helpful to re-read the whole thing. Sometimes I find stuff I had forgotten about, or am reminded when my game is getting stale) and as I was doing so, I realized quite a few spots where it would be really helpful if there were a short video demonstrating what was being explained.

If this is something you think you might be interested in and willing to add to the guide, I could go about making some/all of the demonstration videos. Just let me know either way =3

Mew! *purrrs*

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Hehe, Prime and I actually talked about something like this not too long ago. I'm doing something similar for the Zelda guide, and I considered going ahead and doing it for ours as well.

I'll probably go ahead and do it, but if I decide not to or need help, I'll let you know. <3 I've been trying to find time to update the guide in general..... it's a bit outdated.

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
Hehe, Prime and I actually talked about something like this not too long ago. I'm doing something similar for the Zelda guide, and I considered going ahead and doing it for ours as well.

I'll probably go ahead and do it, but if I decide not to or need help, I'll let you know. <3 I've been trying to find time to update the guide in general..... it's a bit outdated.
Haha, my ideas always seem to be a step behind you guys XD Well, just pass a PM along if you need anything - I'm more than willing to help out =3

*goes back to Imogen Heap*

Mreow.

Top Bottom