• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Rollcall

A Stuffy Muffin

Smash Cadet
What's good, ya'll?

I'm wondering how many of us are left? Even if you rock the Booze Cruise as a secondary, post it up. If you're a lab monster, what are your practice drills? How have you been doing at your locals if you've been pulling Bowser out? Favorite hard read as of late?

Personally, I'm trying to git gud at those YS gimmicks as well as working on what mixups can be done out of DD. Also, hot damn the amount of times 'just walk up and grab' has worked is unreal.

-Stuffy

Synnett

Alligator Lord
I live too far from any tournament, and I don't have any transportation. I do plan to get here on my holiday vacations tho. My best read ever was a Fsmash on a Pikachu that was just jumping all over the place - the hype was real.

Aside from that, I'm not doing too good due to stage fright, but I'm enjoying it.

Nergal69

Smash Apprentice
I'm semi-active and attend few tournaments. Fortunately, Eikelmann has been my Bowser sensei since The Big House this year.

A Stuffy Muffin

Smash Cadet
Glad there are some of us left.

I'm semi-active and attend few tournaments. Fortunately, Eikelmann has been my Bowser sensei since The Big House this year.
Eikelmann's super cool, I think a lot of us have gotten help from him when we were just starting out.

So I guess there won't be any high level Bowser's active for a while, then. DJ seems to be moving on to higher tiers and Eikelmann's taking a break. There'll still be mid level dudes like Kali (I dunno if he still plays Boozer though, I assume he does).

I live too far from any tournament, and I don't have any transportation. I do plan to get here on my holiday vacations tho. My best read ever was a Fsmash on a Pikachu that was just jumping all over the place - the hype was real.

Aside from that, I'm not doing too good due to stage fright, but I'm enjoying it.
I hear the stage fright thing, man. We may have talked about this before but I was shaking my first few tournaments from nerves. Overcoming that mindset to get yourself out to locals is real hard but one of the only ways to get better. I've got faith in you to bring the Booze Cruise to your region.

Unless I have a huge change of heart I'll be playing Bowser at BUST3 in a few weeks. If you guys are interested I'll make a thread about the various MU's/overall experience of playing a low tier at a large event.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I also know Ian personally, cool dude. Taught me most of what I know about Bowser.

I'm still here, still wanna help develop Bowser's metagame, but I've taken a break from playing him to focus on improving more.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
EDIT: Damn, wrong forum. The recent posts list should really list which game the sub forum is for =P

Last edited:

Kalimari

Smash Cadet
Still playin plenty. Trying real hard to get on pr here so mostly fox but i've been playin lots of bowser in friendlies. I've been grinding out a lot of edgecancel fortress tricks on the platforms which have proved very formidable. If you fortress off the top platform correctly you can edgecancel on the side platform into instant anything. I'll try and post a video one of these days for you guys

Kalimari

Smash Cadet
my favorite hard read , only works on newbs/unfamiliar people,is backthrow space animal off stage > instant run off, jumping koopa klaw > command grab backthrow on the backboard of battlefield. very situational lol

lately these days im about uptilting anti air approaches

also shield drops are the future, start learning them my doods

A Stuffy Muffin

Smash Cadet
my favorite hard read , only works on newbs/unfamiliar people,is backthrow space animal off stage > instant run off, jumping koopa klaw > command grab backthrow on the backboard of battlefield. very situational lol

lately these days im about uptilting anti air approaches

also shield drops are the future, start learning them my doods
Word man, cool to hear you're still active. Also I didn't know about the edge cancelled fortress hogs, gonna have to look into that more. I've been messing around with shield dropping but learning it feels really awkward, incorporating it outside of the lab will be hard.

I'm still really into getting the fsmashes with hard reads. It warms my heart when people are baffled that they 'keep running into it'. That and everyone likes a good dsmash to read a roll.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
I know about the fortress edge cancel well, I'm currently trying to understand how to DI and tech, and I have no idea how to shield drop lol.

A Stuffy Muffin

Smash Cadet
Is edge cancelled fortress the same as fortress hogging? I thought they were different.

I know about the fortress edge cancel well, I'm currently trying to understand how to DI and tech, and I have no idea how to shield drop lol.
Teching hits or tech rolling? Teching hits is pretty hard unless your opponent is really telegraphed. DI for some things is real easy, it's easy to know when to DI in a lot of the time. For some things it isn't, like, Jiggs rest is really percent dependent for how you DI. Low percents in, high percents out--easier to punish that way.

Also, I didn't get seeded last for BUST. #kreygasm

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
Edge-cancelled 'Fortress is when you go airborne, land on a ledge, and then fall off of it towards the end of the animation to cancel the 'Fortress and go into a normal falling state, in the same fashion as any other edge cancel.

A Fortress Hog is when you use the Whirling Fortress to hang from a nearby ledge. This does not involve edge-canceling the 'Fortress.

DI and teching are super complicated. See this thread for info on them.

The Young Izzy Iz

Smash Apprentice
Picked up Bowser for fun a while ago, slow jump squat messes me up for wavedash timing every now and again. Picked in up as a main in SD remix, a lot better in that vers imo.

Stockholm Syndrome

Koopa Hot Fiyah
Hi. Im still alive but ive been playing bowser less on stream (which is all that matters). I just recently had another streamed match recorded so I will be posting that in a separate thread soon (You can see my other thread from this past august to see my last vid i posted , if u havent seen. Me (Bowser) v Marth)

Top Bottom