• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
Hope to find my Gamepad by the time the DLCs are released.
1. :4corrin: (Great. No waiting for Smash 5 for this one)
2. :4feroy: (Have)
3. :4cloud: (Might get if someone in my household wants to get him very much. Alas, one of those characters I'd have to be very familiar with their games to like)
4. :4mewtwo:
5. :4lucas:
6. :4ryu: (Shame I was way more familiar with Mortal Kombat than Street Fighter, which looks intimidating to get into according to my arcade experiences :( "technical characters should be free, or cheap!")
7. :4bayonetta: (Did my best to forget this character and the two games. Oh well)

Last edited:

predator_21476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
predator_21476
No, but Isaac has geomancy, djinn, summons, and massive magic hands.
And more demand.
Those are all solid points i wanted Isaac in myself I just like how Corrin looks as a fighter, One question I do wan't to ask though would you hate Corrin if the character was from another franchise? That is why I don't mind i would prefer if characters got in on their own merits not which franchise they are from. Also low demand characters
can turn into fan favourites most notably :4falcon:

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
You have no idea how much I bathed in all this Bayonetta salt. Oh it's be glorious. So happy.
Also, happy speculation has ended for Smash 4. 2 years is a really long time, even if it has flied by.

Plus, let's play a game. This is just an opinion but let's rate the DLC's from best to worst(so far as 2 not released)!
Mine:

1. :4bayonetta:
  2. :4ryu:
  3. :4corrin::4mewtwo:
  4. :4cloud:
  5. :4feroy:
  6. :4lucas:
  1. :4feroy:
  3. :4bayonetta:
  4. :4mewtwo:
  5. :4cloud:
  6. :4corrin:
  7. :4lucas:
probably.

Jterr

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule ,Skyloft, Akaneia, Tellius, Ylisse, Magvel
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
4167-4991-9631
To me, Fire Emblem gained popularity by adding a casual mode for gamers who are afraid of making mistakes (which I liked), and becoming a waifu generating machine (which I didn't like).

I'm not trying to downplay Fire Emblem, but again, if somebody is frustrated and has an opinion, let them vent as long as they aren't being disrespectful.
I agree. Awakening is an amazing game but the fanbase (especially the newcomers) is what is annoying to me. Every FE game is amazing, but Awakening just had great features and was advertised better than other FE games. Also around 6-7 Fire Emblem games are Japan-only, so thats the main reason it wasn't popular here lol

Burruni

Smash Hero
Those are all solid points i wanted Isaac in myself I just like how Corrin looks as a fighter, One question I do wan't to ask though would you hate Corrin if the character was from another franchise? That is why I don't mind i would prefer if characters got in on their own merits not which franchise they are from. Also low demand characters
can turn into fan favourites most notably :4falcon:
I don't hate Corrin because he's a fire emblem character.
I hate Corrin because he's a damn cash grab advertisement.

Demand is a big part of DLC.
Demand is a damn good gauge of how much a character would sell and how many people it'll please.
:4corrin:If we were going to get a transforming "advertisement" character, I would've gladly taken Inklings.
:4bayonetta: If we were going to get a big ballot winner, I would've gladly taken K. Rool.

Yes, some curve balls can become beloved characters :jigglypuff64::ness64::falcon64::marthmelee::gawmelee::icsmelee::olimar::rob::sonic::snake::4villager::4wiifit::4bowserjr:
But this wasn't the time for more curve balls. :4ryu::4cloud:We already got two massive curves and giant icons of them.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You have no idea how much I bathed in all this Bayonetta salt. Oh it's be glorious. So happy.
Also, happy speculation has ended for Smash 4. 2 years is a really long time, even if it has flied by.

Plus, let's play a game. This is just an opinion but let's rate the DLC's from best to worst(so far as 2 not released)!
Mine:

1. :4bayonetta:
  3. :4corrin::4mewtwo:
  4. :4cloud:
  5. :4feroy:
  6. :4lucas:
:4mewtwo:>
:4feroy::4lucas:>>
:4corrin:>
:4ryu:>>
:4cloud::4bayonetta:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I've never posted here, but I just wanted to express that even though I didn't get any dlc characters that I really hopped for... I can't complain for what we've gotten!

With Corrin and Fates being released in Feb. it's hard to not want the month to come sooner!

Bayonetta coming to smash makes me want to finally try out the games.

:4cloud:is super fun!

That's all.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's time to close up shop people. All the DLC has been revealed, and it's now time to move on. If you still want to talk about the DLC, you can head to the social threads to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom