• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I feel they shouldn't have done so many mii costumes. Maybe a character could have been made, even if a veteran, with that work.
Honestly, it's okay. The costumes take much less work to make and, well, it's something. For some fanbases, their characters becoming playable is a long shot so this is at least some sort of consolation prize. For some of us, we just appreciate some characters actually getting some form of recognition. Yes, playable versions would be awesome but, who knows, maybe things will change in a future installment.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
I feel they shouldn't have done so many mii costumes. Maybe a character could have been made, even if a veteran, with that work.
Actually that's not as true as it sounds: Mii Costumes are only models built to be mapped onto the Mii skeletons that are already finished and in the game.
It's like saying another character could be made if they didn't make Classic Wario's alt or Wireframe Little Mac.

Honestly, it's okay. The costumes take much less work to make and, well, it's something. For some fanbases, their characters becoming playable is a long shot so this is at least some sort of consolation prize. For some of us, we just appreciate some characters actually getting some form of recognition. Yes, playable versions would be awesome but, who knows, maybe things will change in a future installment.
This ^

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
All of the Mii costumes combined likely wouldn't have equalled the development of one character...I would've preferred alts for other characters instead of the Miis getting everything but hey what can you do?

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
I myself am waiting for the Plumber overals for the Brawler
Why that is taking so long, I don't know but I have OCs that wear overals and I wanna make Waluigi!

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Mii costumes are minimal work. I really doubt anything else could have been made with the resources spent on the mii costumes.

EDIT: Maybe they could have made a few (few, not many) extra alts for some characters, but then it wouldn't be fair towards all the other characters. Either every character is getting a new alt or no one is.

Last edited:

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
We should all make a pact, going into the Direct, that we're all in this Together.
And we all be Sportive about it.

We congratulate and be happy for everyone who got the character they wanted, and we all agree not to rub salt in the wounds of everyone who didn't.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
We should all make a pact, going into the Direct, that we're all in this Together.
And we all be Sportive about it.

We congratulate and be happy for everyone who got the character they wanted, and we all agree not to rub salt in the wounds of everyone who didn't.
Of course

But don't expect to see some salt from me if I get noone from my sig,(+ Lara Croft.)

Last edited:

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
Good morning. In a little more than an hour, Smash boards, from here, will join others from around the world. And Sakurai will be launching the hypest Smash Stream in this history of mankind.

Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 15th of December, and you will once again be fighting for his freedom, not for K.Rool, Sora, or Ridley -- but for Son Goku, Son.

We're fighting for his right to live, to exist.

And should we win the day, the 15th of December will no longer be known as an American holiday (Bill of Rights Day), but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

"We will not hype quietly into the night!

He will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to Smash on!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Smashdependence Day!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I bet if Wolf returns he'll be super buffed and be an actual 'power character' this time around, making him extremely viable.

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
I don't think the Direct tonight can make me happy from how badly I messed up this semester.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Mii costumes are minimal work. I really doubt anything else could have been made with the resources spent on the mii costumes.

EDIT: Maybe they could have made a few (few, not many) extra alts for some characters, but then it wouldn't be fair towards all the other characters. Either every character is getting a new alt or no one is.
I still don't get way the costume idea wasn't expanded on for more characters, especially with how easy some of them could have been.

Bowser could have Dry Bowser & Dark Bowser
Sonic could have Sahdow & Silver
Samus could have her various Suits
ZSS could have her other zero suits
MK could have a Galactia alt
Link could have his Zora Armor
Peach could have her Shadow Queen outfit
Pacman could have Ms. Pacman
DK could have his boxing gloves
Zelda could have her SS design
Ganon could have his OOT design & Demis
Toon Link could havhis PJs

Like, for 90% of the characters, alts like these come almost instantly.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
I think we are going to get cloud, few mii costumes, introduce a new stage or 2, quick talk about the ballot, and then a trailer for one more character at the end of who won the ballot and his approximate release date.
That's my expectations In a nutshell. It will be shorter than 20 mins

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm off.
I'm just gonna say this:
IF WE DON'T GET
BATTLE ON THE BIG BRIDGE.
SAKURAI WILL HAVE FAILED ME TWICE ON MUSIC ON 3RD PARTY DLC NEWCOMER STAGES.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Sometimes I wonder why they announced Olimar had changes to his moveset, I mean he's so different from Brawl they could've made Alph the default and passed him off as a newcomer

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Sometimes I wonder why they announced Olimar had changes to his moveset, I mean he's so different from Brawl they could've made Alph the default and passed him off as a newcomer
Well, there is the issue of the 3DS.

Serell

Smash Apprentice
I still don't get way the costume idea wasn't expanded on for more characters, especially with how easy some of them could have been.

Dry Bowser in no way would be an 'easy' costume. It would be on the same level of Bowser Jr's alts. Not to say that it wouldn't be cool, but 30 mii costumes would be much easier than making a Dry Bowser alt.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Well, there is the issue of the 3DS.
I mean they could've passed Alph off as a newcomer with this moveset and Olimar being the costume instead of Olimar being changed and saying Alph was a costume at the last minute

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Each minute seems like an hour x|

Either way the direct is soon to be upon us!!! Whether it'll be tears of joy or tears of salt, this whole thing has been one wild ride! Its had its ups and its had its downs...but at the end of the day the show must come to an end!!

Good on Sakurai for all the hard work he's done...he's earned himself a very long and much needed vacation once DLC is all said and done!

I'll see you all after the direct (however long it may be) so we can all be joyful and salty at the same time!

Burruni

Smash Hero
I mean they could've passed Alph off as a newcomer with this moveset and Olimar being the costume instead of Olimar being changed and saying Alph was a costume at the last minute
Because Olimar's the face of the series still and Alph as a costume was probably done late into development?
That's a damn good reason.
Even in Pikmin 3, Olimar is the most important character to the plot.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How about Sheik and Impa? Sheik has two new Special Attacks, is separate from Zelda for the first time, and like Sakurai commented before even has a total different style of movement.

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
30 minutes!!
could someone give me the link to the direct? (youtube)
i want to see snake or wolf:)

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Because Olimar's the face of the series still and Alph as a costume was probably done late into development?
That's a damn good reason.
Even in Pikmin 3, Olimar is the most important character to the plot.
Okay yeah that is a pretty good reason, not sure why I wasn't thinking of that it was pretty damn obvious

How about Sheik and Impa? Sheik has two new Special Attacks, is separate from Zelda for the first time, and like Sakurai commented before even has a total different style of movement.
Impa would've been nice but I guess cause Sheik was in the previous two and was popular they didn't want t bother

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Nintendo's Twitch site says the Smash Direct is about 33 minutes long. For reference, that's about as long as the 50 Facts Extravaganza was.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
I have to admit, if the Geno hat leak is real, I'm going to be salty.
I don't care much for Geno anymore but he was one of my most wanted characters back in Brawl.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I have to admit, if the Geno hat leak is real, I'm going to be salty.
I don't care much for Geno anymore but he was one of my most wanted characters back in Brawl.
If its real I'm just happy he got acknowledged at all, maybe he'll get in a future mario kart or a mario rpg 2 or something.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

:4metaknight:: Galactia Knight
:4charizard:: Shiny, Black Charizard (lack of it upsets me everytime)
:4link::4zelda:: Skyward Sword designs
:4sheik:: Impa (if nothing else will get her in)
:4feroy:: Eliwood?
:4marth:: Sigurd, Alm
:4lucina:: Leaf, 'Seliph'
:4myfriends:: Greil? Zelgius with Black Knight armor?
:4pikachu:: Female Pikachu

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
10 minutes left.
Time to prepare a feast! Good Luck everyone (and especially Bayo-freaking-netta cos she needs it!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom