• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Sheik was in the very recent Ocarina of Time. Robin and Lucina are not only from the recent Awakening, but actually DON'T have a single appearance. Recency is what impacted these
You...do know that Ocarina of Time was three generations ago, right? Even so, how do you explain Game & Watch, who not only is from a handheld older than the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, but doesn't actually exist.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Sorry guys, I really really really REALLY don't want to get spoiled this time. The leaks are scaring me, I'll see you guys after the direct.

Dan

Smash Lord
What are the leaks?

I don't get what everyone is running from. Nothing happened yet.

Last edited:

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
What are the leaks?

I don't get what everyone is running from. Nothing happened yet.
Better safe than sorry. I think they just assume that leaks could happen and are leaving the internet for a while.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
I have no expectations and want to go in blind. But I can't stay away...
Saw a 4chan thread I hope was fake, but meh.
Squirtle/Ivysaur would be coolio. I'm def playing Cloud so I will be happy no matter what we get.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
I think the argument that a Zelda Rep needs to be a recurring character doesn't hold up. With Sheik being in the Smash bros games, that argument falls flat on it's face. As long as the character played a big role in their game (Feirce Deity, Midna, Tetra,), they naturally have a shot at being playable, especially given that the aforementioned two were more important in their games than Sheik was.

And yes, while one might want to argue that the Fierce Deity wasn't important or even necessary in his game, it's undeniable that he's extremely popular among Zelda fans, and has had a decent amount of fan service done in his name.

Burruni

Smash Hero
You...do know that Ocarina of Time was three generations ago, right? Even so, how do you explain Game & Watch, who not only is from a handheld older than the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, but doesn't actually exist.
:sheikmelee: got in because she was recent and snuck in as part of a gimmick with :zeldamelee: and stuck because Sakurai hates cutting characters, ESPECIALLY ones that are unique. :4falcon: hasn't gotten a game in over a decade and nobody is calling for him to be cut because he's an icon of Smash, even if he's been brushed under the rug a bit outside of it.

:gawmelee: got in because Sakurai hand-picks a retro or two ever since Brawl who either
A) Embody a very important piece of Nintendo's hardware history :4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:
B) Embody a very specific gimmick that he has in mind :popo::icsmelee:
C) He has plans for them :pit:.

Edit: And just to say, The Game & Watch Gallery series went up into the GBA so his brand's name wasn't out-dated in Melee.

They're the special twists he likes to sprinkle amongst the fighters to celebrate Nintendo's history and bring in some of the most creative characters on the roster.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Now we are missing just one Retro character on the playable roster...

Last edited:

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Etika's stream. Pocket dataminer.

The fact we're getting an additional Pokémon stage is curious. Not sure if it means anything for DLC characters or not. In any case, the surprises for the broadcast tomorrow are still intact.

Andyomon00

Smash Apprentice
NNID
andtomon00
3DS FC
0301-9874-0642
I'm looking at this stuff now, it seems that some the big data miners are saying that there are some incomplete files from the maintenance. This may indicate that we might not now everything until tomorrow.

But still be wary of spoilers if you don't want to be spoiled still, the files that are there are spoilers.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Etika's stream. Pocket dataminer.

The fact we're getting an additional Pokémon stage is curious. Not sure if it means anything for DLC characters or not. In any case, the surprises for the broadcast tomorrow are still intact.
I hope it means sceptile's in

Andyomon00

Smash Apprentice
NNID
andtomon00
3DS FC
0301-9874-0642
Ummmmmmm, that additional Pokemon stage is just an updated file for the Pokemon league, not a new stage.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Of course you can't hear him. Just like you can't hear this. You can, however, read this. Sorry mate, but you were warned.
I'm blind and the computer is set-up for the visually impaired where Microsoft Sam reads everything on the screen for me so I can still browse the net...

ok maybe not... BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN DAMNIT!!!

Andyomon00

Smash Apprentice
NNID
andtomon00
3DS FC
0301-9874-0642
Looks like nintendo broke up the update, and what we got today was some preliminary data with some incomplete fighter data and some stage files.

So in short nothing was leaked, nintendo learned they're lesson from the roy/ryu leak.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I'm blind and the computer is set-up for the visually impaired where Microsoft Sam reads everything on the screen for me so I can still browse the net...

ok maybe not... BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN DAMNIT!!!
Do you have a Mod for Smash where the announcer shouts out all the moves you and your opponent use and your location while you play too? Sorry you're blind.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ sorry just Microsoft Sam bombing you.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
User was warned for this post
Not taking the chance if it's real.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
i don't think, only 2 costumes?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It's now Tuesday, guys. Time to get hyped for real. As a result, I put this celebratory .GIF up.
I have no idea what's going to be revealed, but whatever it is, let's be greatful for it.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Sorry I didn't read the posts leading up to what I posted just came here with info and posted asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom